PDA

View Full Version : mod priority?

lolvtec
11-25-2013, 04:33 PM
My 2012 now has cai, tune, o/r x, axleback, panhard and SR springs. 275/45-18's, Mt82, don't plan on dragging it too much and it is a fair weather car, especially with winter arriving.

So what mods make the most sense now without going built valvetrain or built motor and forced induction?

Looking for loud, reliable, decent bang for buck.. Just curious as it seems like people on here have tried almost everything.

Thanks for the input.

Grandpa
11-25-2013, 04:35 PM
Longtubes seem to be the only thing that fit your criteria.

Dominic Toretto
11-25-2013, 09:32 PM
Cobra Jet manifold and injectors.

-Alex

five.slow
11-25-2013, 09:49 PM
ummm you are basically there as far as mods go. next move it to take it to the next level. get a blower!!! while you are on the mod bug why not do a shifter, shifter bracket and a jpc clutch like with better fluid? if you want to do more exhaust i would suggest kooks shortys unless you want to pay more to have a o/r x and a catted x to pass emissions. if you get the shorty headers you can always throw on the cats and stock h pipe.

GunsUp
11-26-2013, 11:15 AM
Headers, Boss Manifold, short throw shifter, better tires, weight reduction

Midnight11
11-26-2013, 12:23 PM
shifter

five.slow
11-26-2013, 01:52 PM
Stay away from the boss manifold unless you plan to actually rev the engine higher. It's a waste of money for most daily drivers.

Crimson600+HP
11-26-2013, 06:04 PM
Better tires are the most important thing when trying to be fast. If you can hook up, then your power is useless. But then again, without forced induction or some other type of power adder, that shouldn't be too big of a problem. Longtubes or a good, wide max peformance summer tire would be my choice.

lolvtec
11-27-2013, 08:18 AM
Plan on adding a good shifter soon, and better tires once I burn through these continentals.. pissed that I have the second gear grind and 3/5 lockout that a lot of people seem to suffer from. . Hoping the shifter helps with that too..

Any downsides of going with shorty headers? How much power would I be forfeiting? Not worried about inspection really.

BERT
11-27-2013, 11:52 AM
Plan on adding a good shifter soon, and better tires once I burn through these continentals.. pissed that I have the second gear grind and 3/5 lockout that a lot of people seem to suffer from. . Hoping the shifter helps with that too..

Any downsides of going with shorty headers? How much power would I be forfeiting? Not worried about inspection really.

No use going shorty headers as the stock headers are pretty much shorty headers and work just fine. If you were to buy headers, go longtubes.

Dan12GT
11-27-2013, 12:02 PM
1 piece aluminum drive shaft would be a good upgrade as well.

BLK2012GT
11-27-2013, 03:10 PM
If you want loud I have flowmaster outlaw AB for sale.