PDA

View Full Version : Best dealership for warranty repairs?

Torsion
11-22-2013, 03:59 PM
Hey guys,

Where in DFW (preferably north Dallas) is the best dealership repair shop?

I've got some things I'd like fixed under warranty. One is the problem where my clutch pedal doesn't come back out when shifting at high RPMs. I'd like a service advisor/tech who actually knows their shit to make an honest attempt to fix the problem.

Any suggestions for a good shop/advisor/tech?

Grandpa
11-22-2013, 04:06 PM
I've always had good luck with North Central Ford.

MidWest281
11-24-2013, 08:30 PM
any ford dealership should be able to take care of you and your car.

Torsion
11-24-2013, 08:45 PM
I can't say that I agree. There are always some service departments that are better than others... some are more mod friendly... some have better techs... some have service advisors that are honest..... and some don't.

For example, the guys at the Frisco dealership creep me out. The parts guys are good... but I always get the feeling that the service guys are bullshitting me or don't know much.

I asked for their price on installing the Ford Racing tune. Two of the service advisors didn't know what I was talking about.

In contrast, I called the Lewisville Ford dealership... the guy I talked to there knew exactly what I was talking about, how much time it would take, and had done several before.

Anyone have any opinions about 5 Star Ford of Plano? It's much closer to my house than the Lewisville shop.

MidWest281
11-24-2013, 10:20 PM
yeah, depends who you are talking to I guess. ask for someone who knows stuff about mustangs when you call in?

I don't know many of the service writers very well....but if you have any issues with a Ford dealership, let me know...

GunsUp
11-25-2013, 12:44 PM
I can't say that I agree. There are always some service departments that are better than others... some are more mod friendly... some have better techs... some have service advisors that are honest..... and some don't.

For example, the guys at the Frisco dealership creep me out. The parts guys are good... but I always get the feeling that the service guys are bullshitting me or don't know much.

I asked for their price on installing the Ford Racing tune. Two of the service advisors didn't know what I was talking about.

In contrast, I called the Lewisville Ford dealership... the guy I talked to there knew exactly what I was talking about, how much time it would take, and had done several before.

Anyone have any opinions about 5 Star Ford of Plano? It's much closer to my house than the Lewisville shop.

I deal with 5 star on my warranty work but that's because I bought the car from them and they have done ALL the work on it. Where did you buy your car?

Torsion
11-25-2013, 09:39 PM
I got my car at Five Star in Plano.

GunsUp
11-26-2013, 11:05 AM
I got my car at Five Star in Plano.

I have a pretty good relationship with them thanks to another member on the forum. So far they have taken care of me pretty well.

JDMLOL
11-26-2013, 02:11 PM
Definitely would not recommend any AutoNation dealer for service.

Courtesy Flush
11-26-2013, 06:30 PM

++1

toomnymods
11-27-2013, 04:01 AM

funny you said that.. and also i dont reccomend them either.. they had my brand new mustang for nearly a month trying to diagnose rear end gear whine. Somehow the backlash came out of spec and was literally destroying the rear end in my car that only had 1,400 miles on it. the car was less than 3 weeks old and by the time it was fixed they had had it longer than i was able to drive it! When I went to pick it up they had ran over a curb and hit my front bumber on it and messed it up and tried to say it came in there like that.
They ended up fixing it, but still that irks me to death that people who dont give a crap about your vehicle abusing it and driving it like its just a pos beater.. :pp:

JDMLOL
11-27-2013, 11:16 AM
funny you said that.. and also i dont reccomend them either.. they had my brand new mustang for nearly a month trying to diagnose rear end gear whine. Somehow the backlash came out of spec and was literally destroying the rear end in my car that only had 1,400 miles on it. the car was less than 3 weeks old and by the time it was fixed they had had it longer than i was able to drive it! When I went to pick it up they had ran over a curb and hit my front bumber on it and messed it up and tried to say it came in there like that.
They ended up fixing it, but still that irks me to death that people who dont give a crap about your vehicle abusing it and driving it like its just a pos beater.. :pp:

That's irritating just hearing the story. These big corporate owned dealers only care about numbers, not the customers. I love GM and Ford but the service they provide for their products compared to my mom's audi and from what I hear from people that own hondas, Toyotas, lexus', etc is much better. I would expect some difference for lexus and audi due to the price difference but every domestic dealer I've been to seems like they don't want to deal with me, especially for warranty claims (mods or no mods).

Dan12GT
11-27-2013, 11:29 AM
I wasn't all that impressed with Grapevine.

5-OH
12-01-2013, 09:53 AM

Good to know there is a bright spot here, the sales staff at this place is a joke!

rriddle3
12-01-2013, 10:40 AM
One of the Bankston Ford dealerships, back when they were already owned by Autonation (just did not have the signs up yet), were the only service department that was able to correctly diagnose and repair a warranty problem I was having. Two other dealers gave me the runaround. YMMV.