PDA

View Full Version : SCT Tuner question

Le5oh
11-19-2013, 01:25 PM
I have the ability to get cost on the SCT tuner. How do the SCT tunes that come with it respond? I really don't want to waste the money on the bama tune. But not ready to drop $400+ on a custom tune either.

BlueBolt
11-19-2013, 02:36 PM
The SCT tune is junk. Look at Lund or AED if you don't want to spend the money on a dyno or street tune. They are around $200.

GunsUp
11-19-2013, 02:56 PM
If you're not ready to be prepared to drop the $ on a custom tune then wait.

Yes you can mail order a tune & datalog and will probably be happy with the results.

But I'm always the "What if" guy in the group and tend to look at the worst possible scenario.

You can always buy the Tuner and wait then tune. But also keep in mind the SCT4 is coming soon

DirtyD
11-19-2013, 02:56 PM
They are okay. You can always run them until you can afford a better tune. That's what I did.

Le5oh
11-19-2013, 09:33 PM
Sounds good to me, thanks!

Boss949
11-25-2013, 12:17 AM
I have the ability to get cost on the SCT tuner. How do the SCT tunes that come with it respond? I really don't want to waste the money on the bama tune. But not ready to drop $400+ on a custom tune either.

Here's some things I had to learn the hard way..

1. Invest in a 2 amp trickle charger. Most of the trickle chargers are 2 amp/10amp.

2. Always tune at home and use the trickle charger.

3. Make sure all your accessories are in the "off" position and the headlights are not on "auto".

Why? SCT rarely admits this, but there is a voltage problem with the 11-14 5.0's. They are working on a fix, but as far as I know it is not done yet.

I learned these tips from Shaun @AED and from the techs at SCT.

Here's a link to sticky that explains in detail:
http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=2630