PDA

View Full Version : What LCAs to Get?

Dominic Toretto
11-18-2013, 12:38 PM
I see there are several brands of these out there. I know many of you stick behind BMR and lots of people also speak positively about Whiteline products. So I'll more than likely go with one of those two brands. My car is lowered on Ford Racing P springs (1inch drop all around) so, do you all recommend that I get adjustable or non adjustable LCAs? Also if I were to get adjustable LCAs, how would I know where they need to be "adjusted" to?

-Alex

merlinmol
11-18-2013, 01:08 PM
I have Whiteline adjustable and recommend all of their stuff. Usually for the adjustable you match it to your stockers after you take it off.

BV600
11-18-2013, 01:36 PM
BMR here with the Relocation brackets, easy install.

Dominic Toretto
11-18-2013, 01:39 PM
I have Whiteline adjustable and recommend all of their stuff. Usually for the adjustable you match it to your stockers after you take it off.

So if you are matching it to the length of the stock one, it comes out to be the stock length. So why get an adjustable one instead of a fixed one?

-Alex

DirtyD
11-18-2013, 01:41 PM
So if you are matching it to the length of the stock one, it comes out to be the stock length. So why get an adjustable one instead of a fixed one?

-Alex
Because sometimes changing the geometery of the rear suspension, with LCA relo brackets typically, the wheels will change horizontal position in the wheel well. Just how the 3 link is setup. In order to correct the thrust angle, if it's out of spec, the adj LCAs will allow you to move one side of the axle forwards and backwards.

Dominic Toretto
11-18-2013, 01:49 PM
Because sometimes changing the geometery of the rear suspension, with LCA relo brackets typically, the wheels will change horizontal position in the wheel well. Just how the 3 link is setup. In order to correct the thrust angle, if it's out of spec, the adj LCAs will allow you to move one side of the axle forwards and backwards.

Ah very good, thanks Derek :). How would someone determine how much adjustment is needed? Alignment shop?

-Alex

DirtyD
11-18-2013, 02:36 PM
Ah very good, thanks Derek :). How would someone determine how much adjustment is needed? Alignment shop?

-Alex
Yeah. And measuring the wheel base on each side.

Dominic Toretto
11-20-2013, 12:00 PM
Yeah. And measuring the wheel base on each side.

I spoke with Kelly over at BMR and got a lot of great advise. Glad to know that nothing is being "hurt" by not having upgraded LCAs but, I am now sold on the relocation brackets and non adjustable LCAs. I may order both this weekend but, Christmas is right around the corner so who knows.

-Alex