PDA

View Full Version : Helped needed for suspension install this weekend

toomnymods
11-18-2013, 05:27 AM
Wondering if anyone Is up to help me install some mods and hang out? I'll supply the beer and pizza :)
I live in a HOA and cant do this at my house and would hate to be fined 100 bucks. i have most sockets up to 15 or 16 mm both deepwell and regular in the 1/2" drive. Also have open end wrenches up to 15mm i believe. i also have standard wrenches up to 7/8" and sockets in 1/2" drive deep and normal as well.
I do not have a impact gun, or a torque wrench :/
Would like to try to get this all installed either friday or saturday of this week
11/22 or 11/23
Would like to start first thing in the morning as I'm sure this is a solid 4-5 hrs of work.

Heres a list of what's to be installed :P
1) Borla stinger catback
2) Drive Shaft Shop Aluminum 1 piece driveshaft
3) BMR UCA mount and adjustable UCA
4) BMR adjustable panhard bar
5) BMR panhard bar relocation brackets
6) BMR rear sway bar relocation kit
7) BMR lowering springs
8) BMR upper panhard support brace
9) BMR rear LCA relocation brackets
10) 2005-2010 GT 500 strut mounts
11) Strange Adjustable struts
12) viking rear double adjustable shocks

Thanks,
Chris

BV600
11-18-2013, 10:34 AM
Make sure you have the hardware in the box for these
BMR UCA mount and adjustable UCA

Mine didn't took it off for nothing

toomnymods
11-18-2013, 10:48 AM
Man id be ticked.. Did they atleast overnight the missing stuff to you?

BV600
11-18-2013, 01:35 PM
Im still waiting on a reply from AM I used my discount code to get everything cheaper, If they don't answer me soon Ill go thru BMR.

Its a pain to the the UCA mount out so once it was out and I seen that I didn't have the hardware I was pretty pissed.

If you have the money, I bought a 200 FT Lb electric impact gun for like $50.00 and some cheapo sockets for another $20 from autozone just to get the job done.
Also what might make stuff easier remove the OVA Pipes.

toomnymods
11-21-2013, 03:26 AM
Well only thing more annoying than not having the money to buy parts is just looking at boxes of parts lol.. Fu$k the HOA going to try to tackle some of this in my garage tommrow at 9am and maybe finish up friday. Gonna suck having to do this on jackstands
If anyone in south arlington would like to come hangout message me i'll give ya my addy

El_Tortuga
11-21-2013, 02:29 PM
Where are you located? I don't see jackstands as an issue, but air tools would make this much easier. I've got everything except a spring compressor, so I have borrowed that from Autozone when I did springs/struts/camber plates (3 different times, you would think that I could have combined activities).

Off tomorrow, had planned on some different home projects but I could shift gears.

toomnymods
11-21-2013, 03:52 PM
Text me pls :)
817-909-0977

Dominic Toretto
11-25-2013, 11:17 AM
You get everything installed?

-Alex

El_Tortuga
11-25-2013, 11:33 AM
Everything except the UCA and LCA relocation brackets. Springs, struts ,shocks, PHB, strut mounts. Ran out of time.

Dominic Toretto
11-25-2013, 11:48 AM
Everything except the UCA and LCA relocation brackets. Springs, struts ,shocks, PHB, strut mounts. Ran out of time.

Were you all trying to weld in the LCA relocation brackets? Looks like they just bolt in, I wouldn't imagine that tacking long at all especially if already doing the LCAs.

-Alex

toomnymods
11-26-2013, 04:52 AM
Were you all trying to weld in the LCA relocation brackets? Looks like they just bolt in, I wouldn't imagine that tacking long at all especially if already doing the LCAs.

-Alex

Yes everything is installed thanks to: El_Tortuga and Bacadiesel for thier help :)