PDA

View Full Version : Ufc 167

Grandpa
11-15-2013, 06:14 PM
Amazing card this coming up Saturday night!

main CARD

Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET

Georges St-Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks
for welterweight title

Rashad Evans vs. Chael Sonnen

Robbie Lawler vs. Rory MacDonald

Josh Koscheck vs. Tyron Woodley

Ali Bagautinov vs. Timothy Elliott

preliminary CARD

FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET

Donald Cerrone vs. Evan Dunham

Ed Herman vs. Thales Leites

Brian Ebersole vs. Rick Story

Edwin Figueroa vs. Erik Perez

BERT
11-15-2013, 06:16 PM
I hope somehow Hendricks can knock GSP out. I'm sure it'll be another boring ass 5rd fight

Grandpa
11-15-2013, 06:18 PM
I hope somehow Hendricks can knock GSP out. I'm sure it'll be another boring ass 5rd fight

I agree. Most likely it will be 5 rounds of GSP holding him down. He claims to be ready to finish Hendricks though. I know one thing, if Hendricks touches GSP with his left hand it will be a short fight.

I'm looking forward to Lawler and McDonald too. I hope Lawler knocks that arrogant prick into next week!

TrueStreetTim
11-15-2013, 06:37 PM
Yup! You know you got a seat, Steve!

Grandpa
11-15-2013, 06:40 PM
Yup! You know you got a seat, Steve!

Oh cool. Didn't know you guys were still doing that. I'm down if its happening!

TrueStreetTim
11-15-2013, 06:46 PM
100%

Grandpa
11-15-2013, 06:50 PM
100%

:happy107:

blownaltered
11-15-2013, 08:51 PM
Damn good pay per view. If I don't rent it I will have to find somewhere to watch it.

Grandpa
11-15-2013, 09:21 PM
Damn good pay per view. If I don't rent it I will have to find somewhere to watch it.

If you wanna ride out with me Donnie you're more than welcome buddy.

TrueStreetTim
11-16-2013, 12:45 PM
If you wanna ride out with me Donnie you're more than welcome buddy.

:head3:

BERT
11-18-2013, 12:39 PM
The way that fight went I thought they were in Montreal

Grandpa
11-18-2013, 12:45 PM
The way that fight went I thought they were in Montreal

Typical GSP fight. He doesn't finish fights so it's left to judges to fuck it all up. Those morons at the commission use the same judges for MMA as they do boxing. Their using a point system that doesn't work and judges who don't know shit about MMA. The commissions needs to get their shit collective shit together before they ruin this sport too!

On the upside, Dana White announced the March card will be here in Dallas. We should go!

Grandpa
11-18-2013, 12:49 PM
Dana White said it's a possibility for the GSP/Hendricks rematch too.

http://mmajunkie.com/2013/11/17/ufc-171-heads-to-american-airlines-center-in-dallas-on-march-15/

LAS VEGAS – For the first time since 2009, the UFC will head to Dallas.

The UFC 171 pay-per-view card will take place March 15 at American Airlines Center in Dallas. UFC President Dana White announced the location and date at the post-event news conference for UFC 167, which took place at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

White did not announce a headliner for the card – though he did say that a rematch between welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre and Johny Hendricks “made sense” for the card. St-Pierre on Saturday took a controversial split decision from Hendricks in the UFC 167 main event.

The UFC most recently was in Dallas for UFC 103 in September 2009. That card featured a main event between former champs Vitor Belfort and Rich Franklin, a fight that Belfort won with a first-round knockout. That card drew more than 17,000 fans for a $2.4 million gate.

The show also featured a heavyweight fight between Junior dos Santos and Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic. The card started with four decisions in the first five fights, but then closed out with eight straight stoppages.

For more on UFC 171, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

Grandpa
11-18-2013, 01:16 PM
TMZ is reporting that GSP's father is dying and he also got some woman pregnant by accident. He doesn't want to keep it and she does.

But there is a more concerning issue, GSP is showing signs of dementia. He was on Rogan's podcast awhile back and says that he thinks he was abducted by aliens. He was driving home and some point loss the time forgetting the time driving home. He left the parking lot, then next thing he remembers he is at home. Nothing in between. He mentioned it again that he didn't remember what happened in the ring after the fight.

As GSP says, he is definitely having issues.

BERT
11-18-2013, 01:52 PM
That's what he gets for being French Canadian!!!

And yeah, it would be cool to go to 171

TrueStreetTim
11-19-2013, 01:21 PM
Typical GSP fight. He doesn't finish fights so it's left to judges to fuck it all up. Those morons at the commission use the same judges for MMA as they do boxing. Their using a point system that doesn't work and judges who don't know shit about MMA. The commissions needs to get their shit collective shit together before they ruin this sport too!

On the upside, Dana White announced the March card will be here in Dallas. We should go!

During the match when they display significant strikes/takedowns etc. I think it would be cool if they had a stats breakdown at the end of matches. Much like the pre-fight analysis. Last I saw, though GSP was cut up, he was still ahead on strikes and takedowns by 30%. Cut's and blood doesn't mean you win. I'm on the fence with the fight, myself.

Grandpa
11-19-2013, 02:31 PM
During the match when they display significant strikes/takedowns etc. I think it would be cool if they had a stats breakdown at the end of matches. Much like the pre-fight analysis. Last I saw, though GSP was cut up, he was still ahead on strikes and takedowns by 30%. Cut's and blood doesn't mean you win. I'm on the fence with the fight, myself.

The 10 point system is garbage and shouldn't apply to mma. The 10 point system ruined boxing and is beginning to do the same thing to MMA.

MMA is about damage, not stratgically placed takedowns, holding someone down to "control" the fight. Scoring rounds a 10-9 in some of these fights is a fucking travesty! When a guy is getting dominated he shouldn't be kept in the fight because of rules from boxing scoring it that way.

Also, the rules the way they are automatically favored heavily in the way for wrestlers. Controlling/holding someone down is not winning a fight simply because they aren't fighting. It's stalling not to mention miserably boring to watch.

To add that, a lot of people fail to notice that some of the best submission guys in the world aren't even bothering with the UFC/MMA and that is directly because of the boxing rules that governs MMA. Most judges have ZERO martial arts experience and have no idea what they are looking at. Hell, a lot of fans don't even get what they are looking at when it comes to the submission part of mma. They don't understand the chess match that is occurring. The ONLY way judges seem to score for a submission guy is if he is on top striking. Which takes out half of the game working from the bottom. There is no consideration of for working off the back or multiple submission attempts setting them up, executing etc.

Nope, it's still all Neanderthal boxing style judging and rules. If MMA has done anything since it's inception it had proved how in adequate it is as a form of combat and the same can be said about it's rules and governing base.

BERT
11-19-2013, 03:17 PM
Steve................................... calm down

Grandpa
11-19-2013, 03:52 PM
Steve................................... calm down

Eat a bag of dicks you soulless ginger.

GunsUp
11-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Going for post #800 today

Grandpa
11-19-2013, 03:58 PM
Going for post #800 today

You get to #799 and I'm going to reset you for post-whoring in my thread. :D

BERT
11-19-2013, 04:13 PM
Eat a bag of dicks you soulless ginger.

That's Mr. Ginger to you!! or Mr. Bearded Ginger. Funny thing is, my beard is the only thing ginger on me lol

Grandpa
11-19-2013, 04:16 PM
That's Mr. Ginger to you!! or Mr. Bearded Ginger. Funny thing is, my beard is the only thing ginger on me lol

Here is some of your favorite soup Mr.Bearded Ginger!

Eat it!

http://i43.tinypic.com/28jzaq1.jpg

TrueStreetTim
11-19-2013, 04:39 PM
Also, the rules the way they are automatically favored heavily in the way for wrestlers.

No doubt. So why is it that there aren't MMA specific judges by now? Figure Dana and co. could get something like that started up. I'm assuming it's the only way that the sport can be legally sanctioned/accepted? Maybe a division of said commission?

BERT
11-19-2013, 06:01 PM
Here is some of your favorite soup Mr.Bearded Ginger!

Eat it!

http://i43.tinypic.com/28jzaq1.jpg

What grocery store keeps the cock soup right above the Froot Loops??

TrueStreetTim
11-19-2013, 06:25 PM

Nice catch lol

Grandpa
11-19-2013, 06:26 PM
No doubt. So why is it that there aren't MMA specific judges by now? Figure Dana and co. could get something like that started up. I'm assuming it's the only way that the sport can be legally sanctioned/accepted? Maybe a division of said commission?

The commissions are government employees. White and the Ferittas have absolutely no say in how it's run or which judges are put into place. If they were to turn their back on the commission it would be a 20 year step back into the dark ages back when John McCain had something to bitch about the fighters being unprotected.

Seems fitting really. I'm more wondering who is the person that knows the difference between natural artificial cock flavors. It must be that Grace chick on the box who makes great Cock soup.

TrueStreetTim
11-19-2013, 06:57 PM
The commissions are government employees. White and the Ferittas have absolutely no say in how it's run or which judges are put into place. If they were to turn their back on the commission it would be a 20 year step back into the dark ages back when John McCain had something to bitch about the fighters being unprotected.

Right. You would just think that by now they would have some sort of middle ground with how wildly popular the sport is and how much the commission is despised.

Grandpa
11-19-2013, 07:10 PM
Right. You would just think that by now they would have some sort of middle ground with how wildly popular the sport is and how much the commission is despised.

Absolutely. To add to that I would think Nevada would be open to something not wanting the UFC to go elsewhere. With White nervous holding events in Nevada now and that could really hurt with the revenue it brings in Las Vegas.