PDA

View Full Version : Any Finance folks?

seville
11-12-2013, 11:18 PM
Just out of curiosity, anybody here work in the financial industry?

I work at an investment bank and would love to share some knowledge.

CSICKS
11-13-2013, 02:21 PM
I'm in mortgage on the finance side

03cobrarocks
11-13-2013, 02:30 PM
I went to school for finance and currently work in finance/accounting at a senior living company.

I know that is not really want you asked, just saying.

I have forgot a lot of the stuff I learned in school and most the stuff I do at work is mindless book keeping and bank reccons.

Would love to acquire more knowledge about finance as I feel most of mine is gone or asleep somewhere.

jerseyjoe
11-13-2013, 09:36 PM
mortgage finance here as well.

seville
11-14-2013, 12:41 AM
I went to school for finance and currently work in finance/accounting at a senior living company.

I know that is not really want you asked, just saying.

I have forgot a lot of the stuff I learned in school and most the stuff I do at work is mindless book keeping and bank reccons.

Would love to acquire more knowledge about finance as I feel most of mine is gone or asleep somewhere.
Yeah, would love to share the knowledge with ya!

seville
11-14-2013, 12:43 AM
CSICKS and JerseyJoe - What do you guys exactly do in the mortgage side of the business? Check credit and approve loans? Acquisitions? Investments? What is the function of yall firms?

seville
11-14-2013, 12:44 AM
I'm a financial analyst at my firm and essentially settle and execute all cash payments such as wires, EFTs, and ACHs that flow between our bank and the vendors/clients.

STROKD
11-14-2013, 04:47 PM
I'm a financial analyst at my firm and essentially settle and execute all cash payments such as wires, EFTs, and ACHs that flow between our bank and the vendors/clients.

That doesnt really sound like a FA, more of an accounting and reconciliation role... ive wanted to get into Fa for a while, just had no luck doing so.

Courtesy Flush
11-14-2013, 05:40 PM
Credit Anaylst for the transportation side of things. I do debtor & shipper credit analyst and admin.

Dominic Toretto
11-15-2013, 03:43 PM
Auto finance here. Actually loans and leases.

-Alex

CSICKS
11-15-2013, 04:12 PM
Sounds more like accounting on your part lol Yes I am a loan officer/originator/broker for mortgage so do all the above you mentioned except the boring stuff like processing and underwriting.