PDA

View Full Version : Traction control issue

Le5oh
11-11-2013, 11:16 AM
Sunday, I was cruising down 380 at about 60. The traction control light began to flash and the passenger side of the rear started to tuck down every few seconds. Anyone run into something similar to this?

saunupe1911
11-11-2013, 02:33 PM
this has happened to me twice on cold days. the traction control was sensing wheel slip. Either they are cold and slick...or the tread is low

donutninja
11-12-2013, 01:44 AM
I JUST saw a few threads about this over on SVT Performance. I didn't really get into them but I'd go check it out. Seems to be an issue common enough to look into.

Edit: I went back and checked but the threads are just people stating that they are having the issue. Most just disabled Advance Trac. One guy said that when he brought it into Ford they replaced his driver's side front control arm and apparently hasn't had any more issues.

i have a 2013 V6 and have already had both front control arms replaced (upgraded under warranty. driver's around 8K miles and passenger around 9K miles. Apparently the bushings in the factory control arms are faulty and Ford issued new parts to replace them but won't replace unless the factory part is actually having issues?) because they were making a ton of noise but I've never had an issue with advance trac :/
shoot, if anything sometimes it doesn't kick in when I feel like it should.

Le5oh
11-12-2013, 08:27 PM
Ok, just didn't want screw with tuning it, with a major issue on the horizon. I know the dealer will be like uhhhh.... sir. You have a programmer, that's why it isn't performing right.