Ugly...

Minus the Forgestars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa_dt6ePhJk

re-rx7
11-08-2013, 05:20 PM
ewww X2

Grandpa
11-08-2013, 06:52 PM
That seems to be what the Mustang scene has become with everyone ordering from the same cheap online catalog places. Mustangs USED to be about form following function. They were simple, light, cheap to the point kicking ass cars. Not so much anymore. Some of the cars look like something right out of the F&F movie series. :(

Sieran
11-08-2013, 07:07 PM
The only thing I liked from that is the plasti-dip for the rear deck cover and those solid window covers for the rear windows. The rest belongs in a import-tuner scene.

blownaltered
11-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Damn that's bad. Unfortunately that is happening with all new sports cars. The mustang vs camaro event showed that the new camaro owners love shitty rims.

donutninja
11-08-2013, 08:24 PM
Yay for functional scoops!!
-_-

I do like some visual mods but if the mod is to make it the car LOOK like it has performance mods... For shame for shame.

Stangmaster281
11-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Not really all that bad to me except for the side scoops, matte vinyl wrap, and air bag suspension.

five.slow
11-09-2013, 12:41 AM
Just because this one company makes a lot of parts for this car doesn't mean you should put all the parts on 1 car. Car is ugly.

OG Fox
11-09-2013, 01:35 AM
kinda like the spoiler. otherwise its a bunch of shit.

JDMLOL
11-09-2013, 03:26 AM
Do the guys in the vid really like all of that garage? Every single one of their project cars has a different mix of that peel and stick shit. Terrible except wheels and I sorta like the suspension but probably wouldn't ever do it.

DirtyD
11-09-2013, 10:04 AM
Bama is turning mustangs into rice one MMD part at a time. It's sad, really sad.

DirtyD
11-09-2013, 10:08 AM
Plus those headlight "splitters" are completely stupid because they sit right in the illuminating beam of light from the headlight. WTF?

Dan12GT
11-09-2013, 10:15 AM
The ONLY MMD parts I have is my rear deck lid and hood struts. Everything else I have on my car is a factory mustang part minus the grille, which again is a mustang inspired part. AM definitely puts way too much effort into these flashy show parts but I guess you can't fault them because silly teenagers with V6 mustangs will buy it up and they are making a ton of money.

I too like how they plastidipped the rear deck lid but too much... I like how I personally left the 'GT' logo untouched on mine.

re-rx7
11-09-2013, 10:37 AM
ITs not that they make parts bad (some are) its how you combine the parts for the end package. 90% of people just dont know how to make a nice car.

five.slow
11-12-2013, 12:56 AM
ITs not that they make parts bad (some are) its how you combine the parts for the end package. 90% of people just dont know how to make a nice car.

exactly. just b/c there is a aftermarket part doesnt mean you have to get it to make the car nice. might as well get some red wire loom from autozone and use it in the engine bay.

brtnstrns
11-12-2013, 08:23 AM
Not the worst one ever, but nothing I would ever do. Obviously AM needs to sell the parts they offer so they have to show them off but yeah just smothering the car in a bunch of stick on accessories is ridiculous. And yeah those mirrors and hood scoop might be the worst accessories I've ever seen.

GunsUp
11-12-2013, 12:54 PM
I like the window covers

DirtyD
11-12-2013, 12:57 PM
I like the window covers
Yeah, those kind of grow on me...

GunsUp
11-12-2013, 01:10 PM
Yeah, those kind of grow on me...

My car will be getting a set eventually. I think it would look good with the wing delete

DirtyD
11-12-2013, 01:29 PM
My car will be getting a set eventually. I think it would look good with the wing delete
OG Bullitt, imo. :)

Wonder how they would look on my car with a GT500 wing...

garner
11-12-2013, 07:50 PM
I like everything on the outside but the hood scoop, headlight splitters, and the plastidip rear deck lid panel

Spoiler is iffy to me, looks good from the back but from the sides it looks ugly

Dominic Toretto
11-15-2013, 10:18 AM
Bama is turning mustangs into rice one MMD part at a time. It's sad, really sad.

Bama and MMD are not the same company. American Muscle offers Bama tunes and MMD parts.

AM definitely puts way too much effort into these flashy show parts but I guess you can't fault them because silly teenagers with V6 mustangs will buy it up and they are making a ton of money.

I like some of the MMD parts. I love the ducktail spoiler, different than the GT500(which everyone has) and the GTCS(which everyone has) and it looks like it could be stock. I'll be getting one. I do agree that many of their parts are silly. Headlight splitters, I hate louvers of any sort and they were stock on some cars.

From what I notice, the aftermarket will almost always sell more ricer parts that functional parts. 16 years olds can't afford Forgeline wheels or HKS Turbo kits. But they can afford a $50 Pep Boys triple fender vent and put it on their mod list.

Exactly.