PDA

View Full Version : Have you raced a Terminator?

Grandpa
11-06-2013, 01:05 PM
A hot topic of debate on SVTP is the constant rivalry of the 5.0 vs Terminators. I was wondering how many of you have raced one, what mods it had and the results.

I personally haven't had the chance to race one as of yet. I honestly don't even see them around very much anymore.

WOMACK03
11-06-2013, 02:47 PM
Those threads are just the normal pissing matches, usually about other peoples cars, which is just hilliarous. I refuse to get involved with those kind of senarios, because there is no point. I like the people I hang around with for who they are, not just what they drive. Speculation is just silly, and I believe most of you guys know the value of a Terminator, and I would be lying if I said that some of the new mustangs didn't make my nether regions tingle.
I can only speak about fact and reality:
I paid 22k for my car as it sits now, 7 years ago. You would be hard pressed to find better bang for the buck. Is it the fastest: not by a long shot, but it looks rather sexy; even when its in parked.

Grandpa
11-06-2013, 02:48 PM
Those threads are just the normal pissing matches, usually about other peoples cars, which is just hilliarous. I refuse to get involved with those kind of senarios, because there is no point. I like the people I hang around with for who they are, not just what they drive. Speculation is just silly, and I believe most of you guys know the value of a Terminator, and I would be lying if I said that some of the new mustangs didn't make my nether regions tingle.
I can only speak about fact and reality:
I paid 22k for my car as it sits now, 7 years ago. You would be hard pressed to find better bang for the buck. Is it the fastest: not by a long shot, but it looks rather sexy; even when its in parked.

Whoa...he's...alive.

Dominic Toretto
11-06-2013, 03:15 PM
I view those Cobras similarly to MK4 Supras, decently fast stock, humblingly fast modded. You may have a chance to win if they are BONE STOCK but, what's the chance of one being bone stock, especially if it wants to race? Mad respect for the Cobras. Chances are, unless the 5.0 is blown, you don't stand a chance street racing a Cobra.

-Alex

Dominic Toretto
11-06-2013, 03:25 PM
I paid 22k for my car as it sits now, 7 years ago.

DAMN! Weren't those cars retailing for over $40k?

-Alex

WOMACK03
11-06-2013, 03:35 PM
Probably mid 30's with all the work the previous owner had done(built short block and whipple). He wanted a Z06, and made me a great deal.

JDMLOL
11-06-2013, 03:37 PM
I run into more exotics than I do Terminators. I love them and wish I could own one. Could I have picked one of those up instead of buying a new 5.0? Yeah and sometimes I wish I had. At this age though, I do not find it practical to spend 25k+ for a nine or ten year old car. If I were older and were in the position to buy one and leave it in a garage except for maybe several days out of the year, I would buy one. I hope one day I find a stock low mileage one to buy. How nice would it be if you could go back in time to buy up several Terminators and MK4 Supra Turbos off the lot and just throw them in a storage unit for about 15 or 20 years? Back to the topic. If we are a relatively stock or even bolt-on/tune 5.0 I'd say our ass is grass if we ran into a pulley/bolt-on/tune Cobra. We may have a chance against a stock one.

WOMACK03
11-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Whoa...he's...alive.

I am good sir!

Midnight11
11-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Yes killed a stock one with exhaust

Beat a tuned full exhaust and intake one by 1 car

Dead even with brads setup

Dan12GT
11-06-2013, 09:24 PM
Haven't had the chance to race one either but I agree if one is willing to race they may have a stronger chance of being modded which all depends on whats done. Stock for Stock I think the 5.0 takes it but the potential in those things are unmatched.

Phuck Phace
11-06-2013, 09:44 PM
I raced Gary.

downtime!
11-06-2013, 10:09 PM
Encountered a black '04 in Mexico the other night. He tried the old ricer "sneak up and blow by me" trick, but I saw him coming up and had already downshifted into 3rd and was waiting on him. He was not pleased with the results.

DirtyD
11-06-2013, 10:39 PM
Encountered a black '04 in Mexico the other night. He tried the old ricer "sneak up and blow by me" trick, but I saw him coming up and had already downshifted into 3rd and was waiting on him. He was not pleased with the results.

Wonder if that was Eric. Lol

BLK2012GT
11-06-2013, 10:44 PM
I raced a terminator once.

STROKD
11-06-2013, 11:06 PM

Lmfao..

DirtyD
11-06-2013, 11:32 PM

That wasn't a race.

That was school.

BeastStang1302
11-07-2013, 12:20 AM
I've yet to race one, but would like to. Agreed if we're both stock, I think I'll take'em.

SVT Lurch
11-07-2013, 12:35 AM
my car ... looks rather sexy; even when its in parked.

Concur, my weewee is often struck with rigor mortis when I see it.

Grandpa
11-07-2013, 01:22 AM
That wasn't a race.

That was school.

Lol. Wrong.

BLK2012GT
11-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Go share this with the terminator guys.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1eBWyZXlsg&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DY1eBWyZXlsg#

DirtyD
11-07-2013, 11:35 AM
Lol. Wrong.
Wrong? How is that wrong. Video evidence Jeff freight trained him.

Grandpa
11-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Go share this with the terminator guys.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1eBWyZXlsg&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DY1eBWyZXlsg#

They would just say that's the Roadrunner motor and not a Coyote. It's the 5.0 that sucks blah blah blah. The Boss is cool because it's limited production numbers blah blah blah..

Grandpa
11-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Wrong? How is that wrong. Video evidence Jeff freight trained him.

That is true, that is what happened but it wasn't because Jeff has the faster car. It's because Eric was too busy talkin shit, rather than dialing in his car and learning how to drive it and use the eboost. The car has hardly any timing in it and running enough boost to be able to start tuning on it. He shouldn't have been racing it yet.

DirtyD
11-07-2013, 11:45 AM
That is true, that is what happened but it wasn't because Jeff has the faster car. It's because Eric was too busy talkin shit, rather than dialing in his car and learning how to drive it and use the eboost. The car has hardly any timing in it and running enough boost to be able to start tuning on it. He shouldn't have been racing it yet.
He knew what the outcome would be before he did it. He even said that it would be a lose because of how conservative his tune was. I think he's just taking it slow and waiting for the new motor to go in.

Grandpa
11-07-2013, 11:47 AM
He knew what the outcome would be before he did it. He even said that it would be a lose because of how conservative his tune was. I think he's just taking it slow and waiting for the new motor to go in.

Uh huh..

BERT
11-07-2013, 11:57 AM
They would just say that's the Roadrunner motor and not a Coyote. It's the 5.0 that sucks blah blah blah. The Boss is cool because it's limited production numbers blah blah blah..

What's a roadrunner? I know what an actual roadrunner is, so save that pic for later.

46Tbird
11-07-2013, 11:57 AM
Only had two that wanted to play, and they were both a little ragged out looking but had obnoxious exhaust which seems to be a hallmark of the '03-04 Cobra. Both were from a dead stop and both were handled as you would expect a car with DRs to handle a car with low profile street tires. Maybe it wouldn't have been so easy if it was a rolling dyno like the video, but my coyote is 2-0 versus terminators.

Grandpa
11-07-2013, 12:00 PM
What's a roadrunner? I know what an actual roadrunner is, so save that pic for later.

That's what the motor in the Boss is called by the factory.

Dominic Toretto
11-07-2013, 12:11 PM
That's what the motor in the Boss is called by the factory.

I thought it was a Looney Toons joke.

-Alex

46Tbird
11-07-2013, 12:23 PM

-Alex

No, they really officially called the standard Mustang-spec 5.0 the Coyote, and the Boss-spec 5.0 the Road Runner. The GT500's 5.8 is called the Trinity.

Coyote: http://www.mustang50magazine.com/techarticles/m5lp_1003_2011_ford_mustang_gt_50_coyote_engine/viewall.html

Road Runner: http://www.mustang50magazine.com/techarticles/m5lp_1108_2011_ford_mustang_302/viewall.html

Trinity: http://www.mustang50magazine.com/techarticles/m5lp_1203_2013_ford_shelby_gt500_trinity_5_8l_v8/viewall.html

Grandpa
11-07-2013, 12:28 PM

-Alex

The joke was actually on us 5.0 owners when we were given the glass motors/manuals transmissions while the rest of Stangers got a much better motor! lmao.

BERT
11-07-2013, 12:33 PM
The joke was actually on us 5.0 owners when we were given the glass motors/manuals transmissions while the rest of Stangers got a much better motor! lmao.

Nothing wrong with the motors for those of us that plan on keeping them NA :D

46Tbird
11-07-2013, 12:35 PM

Fifteen grand buys a lot of aftermarket parts, just sayin.

Grandpa
11-07-2013, 12:41 PM

Fuck that. If I had long term plans of having a slow car I would have bought a Camaro or a Challenger. I'll boost this thing or sell it to get a Vette.

Dominic Toretto
11-07-2013, 12:47 PM
The GT500's 5.8 is called the Trinity.

Should have called it Tweety.

-Alex

Dominic Toretto
11-07-2013, 12:51 PM

That's what I plan on doing. Seems to be expensive for a full build. Looks like Boss heads are going for like $3,000 for a full set, not including cams. Yikes. But I don't care to have the most powerful. I think NA applications are more reliable. Nothing against anyone with a power adder though. I just wouldn't add one unless the car was originally designed for boost.

-Alex

BERT
11-07-2013, 12:54 PM
Fuck that. If I had long term plans of having a slow car I would have bought a Camaro or a Challenger. I'll boost this thing or sell it to get a Vette.

LMAO, yeah that takes money.

Maybe one day down the road i'll do it. I'd like to turbo it but I really enjoyed the sound of a ProCharger that I had on the coupe.

BERT
11-07-2013, 12:56 PM
That's what I plan on doing. Seems to be expensive for a full build. Looks like Boss heads are going for like $3,000 for a full set, not including cams. Yikes. But I don't care to have the most powerful. I think NA applications are more reliable. Nothing against anyone with a power adder though. I just wouldn't add one unless the car was originally designed for boost.

-Alex

This is my thinking too. The high compression with these rods makes me weary of even thinking about boost.

I want cams but fuck those are expensive

Grandpa
11-07-2013, 12:56 PM

-Alex

A bad tune or bad gas can kill a NA motor just as fast as it could on a blown one - made for it or not.

Grandpa
11-07-2013, 01:01 PM
LMAO, yeah that takes money.

Maybe one day down the road i'll do it. I'd like to turbo it but I really enjoyed the sound of a ProCharger that I had on the coupe.

$30-$35k car + $7-8k blower set up is used Z06 territory. There is some great deals out there right now on used C6 Z06's cuz so many of the old farts are upgrading to the C7's. I've been eye'n one that isn't on the market yet but will be soon when his order comes in. H/C/I car, 28k miles for $42k. Smokin deal for a fast car that will murder a blown 5.0.

A blown 5.0 is a fun car too, just hard to ignore other solid deals out there to be had right now.

BERT
11-07-2013, 01:09 PM
$30-$35k car + $7-8k blower set up is used Z06 territory. There is some great deals out there right now on used C6 Z06's cuz so many of the old farts are upgrading to the C7's. I've been eye'n one that isn't on the market yet but will be soon when his order comes in. H/C/I car, 28k miles for $42k. Smokin deal for a fast car that will murder a blown 5.0.

A blown 5.0 is a fun car too, just hard to ignore other solid deals out there to be had right now.

Don't think i'll ever say 42K for a used car is a good deal lol

Dominic Toretto
11-07-2013, 01:09 PM
This is my thinking too. The high compression with these rods makes me weary of even thinking about boost.

I want cams but fuck those are expensive

Check out the price of heads lol.

A bad tune or bad gas can kill a NA motor just as fast as it could on a blown one - made for it or not.

True.

But it's far less likely, no one forks out the money for a blower to intentionally find a bad tune. I am referring to how strong the motor is built from the factory. Very rarely, if ever, has a motor been built in NA form to handle boost. I believe S2000 have been built that way but, Honda of course has a rep to be reliable so that makes sense. You don't typically find NA performance cars that come with forged pistons, rods, crank, titanium valves etc. If you're going to boost it, you normally have to worry about the bottom end breaking so you have to spend an additional few grand to build it.

-Alex

Dominic Toretto
11-07-2013, 01:14 PM

I was talking to a guy that had bought a salvaged C6Z. Bought it for like $20k, just had some shop in DFW replace the heads, cam etc and is putting down over 600rwhp and is his daily driver. Ridiculous.

-Alex

Grandpa
11-07-2013, 01:25 PM
Don't think i'll ever say 42K for a used car is a good deal lol

Considering the performance of what the car is capable of and what they originally stickered for they are smoking deals. I guess it's hard to understand for the people who have never driven one, but once you have you will get it.

Check out the price of heads lol.

True.

But it's far less likely, no one forks out the money for a blower to intentionally find a bad tune. I am referring to how strong the motor is built from the factory. Very rarely, if ever, has a motor been built in NA form to handle boost. I believe S2000 have been built that way but, Honda of course has a rep to be reliable so that makes sense. You don't typically find NA performance cars that come with forged pistons, rods, crank, titanium valves etc. If you're going to boost it, you normally have to worry about the bottom end breaking so you have to spend an additional few grand to build it.

-Alex

Yeah, the parts prices on these cars are fucking absurd. The Coyote tax on parts seems VERY similar to that of the famous "vette tax" on parts. haha.

I disagree on your second part. I've had several boosted cars over the years and only one of them was "built" from the factory for it.

My 93 Cobra was a stock block car and made 540rw with a Vortech S-trim. Any foxbody guy will tell you that anything over 400rw on a fox is pushing the limits of the factory block to split it right down the main valley. I had the car like that over 5 years and was still running strong the day I sold it.

It's all in how you treat a car. Keep the tune on it good, maintain it properly with good/regular oil/plug changes, drive it like a sane person not beating on it on the rev-limiter at every opportunity and the car can live a long happy life beyond what conventional internet so sayers claim.

The problem these days lies in that its SO easy to make power. A simple pulley/tune change and it's easy power. Add to that the competition is so high out there these days it's crazy easy to get carried away to get caught up in the HP wars. Factory cars are faster than ever and it's super easy to make them even faster. The hardest part of the whole hobby is restraining oneself.

Grandpa
11-07-2013, 01:30 PM
I was talking to a guy that had bought a salvaged C6Z. Bought it for like $20k, just had some shop in DFW replace the heads, cam etc and is putting down over 600rwhp and is his daily driver. Ridiculous.

-Alex

I would never advise anyone on buying a salvaged Vette of any kind, let alone a Z06 that has an aluminum frame.

That being said, a 600rw Z06 is a fast car. It would take a Mustang an extra 150-175rw more than the Z06 to hang. How many 775rw 5.0's are out there to handle that? Not many!

BLK2012GT
11-07-2013, 01:30 PM
Thread derail

Grandpa
11-07-2013, 01:33 PM
Thread derail

LOL, nothing new. Doesn't seem too many have raced Terminators anyways. I think most Terminators now are either huge clapped out pieces of shit, or garage queens that just go to car shows.

Man, back in 05-06 the Friday night meet looked like a Ford dealership with all the Terminators (kinda like it does now with all the 5.0's lol) in the lot and a majority of them were all twinscrew cars making 600-800rw.

Dominic Toretto
11-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Considering the performance of what the car is capable of and what they originally stickered for they are smoking deals. I guess it's hard to understand for the people who have never driven one, but once you have you will get it.

Yeah, the parts prices on these cars are fucking absurd. The Coyote tax on parts seems VERY similar to that of the famous "vette tax" on parts. haha.

I disagree on your second part. I've had several boosted cars over the years and only one of them was "built" from the factory for it.

My 93 Cobra was a stock block car and made 540rw with a Vortech S-trim. Any foxbody guy will tell you that anything over 400rw on a fox is pushing the limits of the factory block to split it right down the main valley. I had the car like that over 5 years and was still running strong the day I sold it.

It's all in how you treat a car. Keep the tune on it good, maintain it properly with good/regular oil/plug changes, drive it like a sane person not beating on it on the rev-limiter at every opportunity and the car can live a long happy life beyond what conventional internet so sayers claim.

The problem these days lies in that its SO easy to make power. A simple pulley/tune change and it's easy power. Add to that the competition is so high out there these days it's crazy easy to get carried away to get caught up in the HP wars. Factory cars are faster than ever and it's super easy to make them even faster. The hardest part of the whole hobby is restraining oneself.

You basically disagreed with, then agreed with my assessment. Just because you tune a car for 600hp doesn't mean it is necessarily built FOR that power.

Can you push 600hp from a Honda Civic? Sure. Will it do that reliably for years? Nope. When I say built for a specific power level, I mean just that. Able to handle it day in and day out without having to rebuild the motor every few thousand miles.

A factory built blown engine is far more safe to build for big boost applications. Look at a 2JZ GTE Toyota engine. That thing was built to survive terror for ever. Iron block, forged crank, rods, pistons, heads that flow incredibly. People have tripled the power on that engine and can drive it reliably for years with 900hp. A 600hp car that was originally NA HAS to be pampered all day. If you have to use it gingerly if you want it to last.

-Alex

Dominic Toretto
11-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Thread derail

Back on track.

No I have not raced Arnold.

-Alex

Grandpa
11-07-2013, 01:41 PM
You basically disagreed with, then agreed with my assessment. Just because you tune a car for 600hp doesn't mean it is necessarily built FOR that power.

Can you push 600hp from a Honda Civic? Sure. Will it do that reliably for years? Nope. When I say built for a specific power level, I mean just that. Able to handle it day in and day out without having to rebuild the motor every few thousand miles.

A factory built blown engine is far more safe to build for big boost applications. Look at a 2JZ GTE Toyota engine. That thing was built to survive terror for ever. Iron block, forged crank, rods, pistons, heads that flow incredibly. People have tripled the power on that engine and can drive it reliably for years with 900hp. A 600hp car that was originally NA HAS to be pampered all day. If you have to use it gingerly if you want it to last.

-Alex

I'll agree with that for the most part.

But as I said, even a car built for it, will die just as fast with a bad tune/gas or if it's beat relentlessly.

Dominic Toretto
11-07-2013, 01:49 PM
But as I said, even a car built for it, will die just as fast with a bad tune/gas or if it's beat relentlessly.

Never disagreed with that :)

-Alex

Phuck Phace
11-07-2013, 01:50 PM
I'll sell you a built car, I'm moving up into imports with a DelSol or CRX.

BLK2012GT
11-07-2013, 03:16 PM
I would never advise anyone on buying a salvaged Vette of any kind, let alone a Z06 that has an aluminum frame.

That being said, a 600rw Z06 is a fast car. It would take a Mustang an extra 150-175rw more than the Z06 to hang. How many 775rw 5.0's are out there to handle that? Not many!

*cough* * cough*

Grandpa
11-07-2013, 04:56 PM
*cough* * cough*

*cough* 25 seconds et *cough*

Dan12GT
11-07-2013, 05:05 PM

The motor is far from glass and far from slow. Especially considering the huge horse power leap they made just from the previous year model. I think too the Coyotes have proved to be able to handle a good amount of extra power as well.

The Terminator motor is in a league of its own. I don't even think its comparable to compare the Terminator the the Coyote, rather best to compare the Roadrunner to the Terminator, in that case they are on even planes.

Dan12GT
11-07-2013, 05:14 PM
BTW Steve your arguments always end in you comparing a Vette to a Mustang which should never be unless MAYBE a gt500 which again is still a big heavy mustang. The Mustang from its birth was designed to be a cheap affordable and practical fun car. Vettes are only 1 part of that, (fun)

Dominic Toretto
11-07-2013, 05:22 PM
BTW Steve your arguments always end in you comparing a Vette to a Mustang which should never be unless MAYBE a gt500 which again is still a big heavy mustang. The Mustang from its birth was designed to be a cheap affordable and practical fun car. Vettes are only 1 part of that, (fun)

My C5 was all of the above for over 5 years. Just sayin :)

-Alex

Grandpa
11-07-2013, 05:27 PM
The motor is far from glass and far from slow. Especially considering the huge horse power leap they made just from the previous year model. I think too the Coyotes have proved to be able to handle a good amount of extra power as well.

The Terminator motor is in a league of its own. I don't even think its comparable to compare the Terminator the the Coyote, rather best to compare the Roadrunner to the Terminator, in that case they are on even planes.

I disagree on the glass part. I don't think anyone hear can say that have full confidence or don't have some kind of apprehensiveness about the stock motors. Too many people have busted a stock or near stock motor to say otherwise.

I'll agree with you this much, the GT makes great power for being an entry level sports car. What is "fast" is a matter of opinion and perspective based on ones previous experience. If you haven't had anything with more power before, then I could see how someone could say they are fast cars. But to those of us who have had faster cars previously and/or been around the scene for awhile know that these cars aren't competitive with the "fast" crowd around North Texas. For anyone with a 5.0 who thinks otherwise, by all means come out to a Friday night meet someone with the DR crew and give it a go. I can assure you that your perspective will change.

As for the topic - I agree with you that it's a more fair comparison of the Roadrunner vs Terminator than it is against the Coyote since the Roadrunner is forged and the Coyote is not.

I like Terminators, I think they are fun as hell to drive with a twinscrew. That being said, compared to the new motors, the Terminators are FAR less efficient needing a LOT of air to make big power.

Dan12GT
11-07-2013, 05:32 PM
I disagree on the glass part. I don't think anyone hear can say that have full confidence or don't have some kind of apprehensiveness about the stock motors. Too many people have busted a stock or near stock motor to say otherwise.

I'll agree with you this much, the GT makes great power for being an entry level sports car. What is "fast" is a matter of opinion and perspective based on ones previous experience. If you haven't had anything with more power before, then I could see how someone could say they are fast cars. But to those of us who have had faster cars previously and/or been around the scene for awhile know that these cars aren't competitive with the "fast" crowd around North Texas. For anyone with a 5.0 who thinks otherwise, by all means come out to a Friday night meet someone with the DR crew and give it a go. I can assure you that your perspective will change.

As for the topic - I agree with you that it's a more fair comparison of the Roadrunner vs Terminator than it is against the Coyote since the Roadrunner is forged and the Coyote is not.

I like Terminators, I think they are fun as hell to drive with a twinscrew. That being said, compared to the new motors, the Terminators are FAR less efficient needing a LOT of air to make big power.

I think a lot of what we also hear as far as problems with a near stock car comes from forum opinion which is generally garbage. My car is near stock and has 26k miles on it. Runs like a champ, had zero problem with both the engine and tranny (Knocks on wood)

I agree with the perspective thing. But the folks out at Coit are also in their own league of fast. You want slow i'll let you drive my wife's Altima :)

Grandpa
11-07-2013, 05:34 PM

What is affordable is relative. A lot of people can't afford a new Stang now because the prices keep creeping up. Some CS GT's were even approaching the $40k mark at one point. A Roush Mustang can easily go over $60k. Your argument is out the window now on Mustangs and pricing.

A very low mileage LS3 08-11 Vette can be bought for what a lot of Premium and CS buyers were paying for their cars. Grandsports are barely a little bit more and Z06's can be bought for low 40's. It's a fair comparison. Good luck buying a 13 GT500 for anything less than $55k.

Grandpa
11-07-2013, 05:39 PM
I think a lot of what we also hear as far as problems with a near stock car comes from forum opinion which is generally garbage. My car is near stock and has 26k miles on it. Runs like a champ, had zero problem with both the engine and tranny (Knocks on wood)

I agree with the perspective thing. But the folks out at Coit are also in their own league of fast. You want slow i'll let you drive my wife's Altima :)

Danny's (46tbird) car was completely stock with a stock tune and ate a motor. It has and still does happen regardless if you believe it or not.

My car runs great too and hasn't given me any problems. But that doesn't mean I'm not apprehensive about heavily modifying it because the motor is "iffy". Almost anyone who modifies one of these cars knows they are taking a chance and most likely will have to build a motor as some point. As car guys, that is just the chances we take. It's part of the hobby.

As for the DR/Coit group whatever you want to call it, that is Texas racing scene for you. There are so many 1000rw+ cars running around Texas it's absurd. The Coit meet just happens to be where all the fast cars have gathered for years because I have known all those guys for a long time, some of them since the mid 90's. :)

Dan12GT
11-07-2013, 05:41 PM
What is affordable is relative. A lot of people can't afford a new Stang now because the prices keep creeping up. Some CS GT's were even approaching the $40k mark at one point. A Roush Mustang can easily go over $60k. Your argument is out the window now on Mustangs and pricing.

A very low mileage LS3 08-11 Vette can be bought for what a lot of Premium and CS buyers were paying for their cars. Grandsports are barely a little bit more and Z06's can be bought for low 40's. It's a fair comparison. Good luck buying a 13 GT500 for anything less than $55k.

LOL! You are comparing new to used vehicles. A new vette is borderline 60k!

Grandpa
11-07-2013, 05:43 PM
LOL! You are comparing new to used vehicles. A new vette is borderline 60k!

You're missing my point. Forget it.

Dan12GT
11-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Your point doesn't make sense. Ya ya cost is relevant but when you look at the COST of all other sports cars, mustangs are on the lower end for a reason, to be a more affordable car while still retaining some fun factor.

Cars like Vettes are 2 seaters made with one plan in mind, going fast. There is nothing practical about them and they are essentially toys. Thus why their price tag is generally higher for a much more aggressive / faster car. Building a car like that takes more engineering, more development, more expensive parts, etc. making the car MORE expensive.

I wanted a brand new fun car yet also somewhat practical car and thats what I got with my Mustang. I could almost buy two of my cars if I went and bought a brand new Vette. That point is what most of if not all of us Mustang owners share.

Dan12GT
11-07-2013, 05:51 PM
And don't get me wrong I'd love to have a c6 Z06 and I agree its a hell of a lot more car than the mustang or even the GT500 but its not practical for me right now, the Mustang is.

DirtyD
11-07-2013, 05:53 PM
Danny's (46tbird) car was completely stock with a stock tune and ate a motor. It has and still does happen regardless if you believe it or not.
Brandon's car also ate a stock motor out of nowhere.

You're missing my point. Forget it.
Steve has thus spoken! :sparta:

Grandpa
11-07-2013, 05:56 PM
Your point doesn't make sense. Ya ya cost is relevant but when you look at the COST of all other sports cars, mustangs are on the lower end for a reason, to be a more affordable car while still retaining some fun factor.

Cars like Vettes are 2 seaters made with one plan in mind, going fast. There is nothing practical about them and they are essentially toys. Thus why their price tag is generally higher for a much more aggressive / faster car. Building a car like that takes more engineering, more development, more expensive parts, etc. making the car MORE expensive.

I wanted a brand new fun car yet also somewhat practical car and thats what I got with my Mustang. I could almost buy two of my cars if I went and bought a brand new Vette. That point is what most of if not all of us Mustang owners share.

That makes sense from YOUR perspective. But I don't share that one and some others don't as well. Not everyone daily drives these things. The car is a TOY for me and does not get daily driving duties. I'm simply speaking from a great bang for the buck, going fast, having fun with car. Not a daily commuter. I learned LONG ago you should never heavily modify your daily driver that you depend on to get to and from work.

Dan12GT
11-07-2013, 05:58 PM

Its a massively produced product, not everything is ever perfect everytime. Us as car guys should know that this is something that can happen regardless of what car it is.

Dan12GT
11-07-2013, 06:04 PM
That makes sense from YOUR perspective. But I don't share that one and some others don't as well. Not everyone daily drives these things. The car is a TOY for me and does not get daily driving duties. I'm simply speaking from a great bang for the buck, going fast, having fun with car. Not a daily commuter. I learned LONG ago you should never heavily modify your daily driver that you depend on to get to and from work.

Agreed there and thus why mine doesn't really have anything done to it. I understand your perspective. If you have a car as a Toy only basis I get the bang for the buck perspective. If I could ever swing a Toy only car too I might not own a Mustang if going fast was the only thing on my mind.

Or maybe i'd build mine out and eat vettes :)

Grandpa
11-07-2013, 06:04 PM
And don't get me wrong I'd love to have a c6 Z06 and I agree its a hell of a lot more car than the mustang or even the GT500 but its not practical for me right now, the Mustang is.

:Wedgie::emotions122:

ARRRGGGGGGG!!!!!! Dammit lol.

Some people are just so hardheaded on this subject and argue from the point of being defensive and take what I'm saying as bashing. I'm not, I OWN ONE TOO!

The Mustang GT is a great entry level sports car that makes decent power. Is it ideal for going "fast"? No. But it can make enough power to be fun to drive, but in the car local car scene a Mustang GT is NOT competitive with the fast group. That's not saying it's a POS car.

If going fast is what one wants, there are better options out there and better bang for the buck. The Mustang is still cool and a fun car to drive but I'm not expecting to win a lot of races with it outside of the Mustang scene.

Grandpa
11-07-2013, 06:06 PM
Agreed there and thus why mine doesn't really have anything done to it. I understand your perspective. If you have a car as a Toy only basis I get the bang for the buck perspective. If I could ever swing a Toy only car too I might not own a Mustang if going fast was the only thing on my mind.

Or maybe i'd build mine out and eat vettes :)

LOL, that is all I'm saying and you're grilling me for not being one of those people that think the 5.0 is the end all be all cars! Damn. I like my car, I just happen to think it's a turd. Haha.

Dan12GT
11-07-2013, 06:16 PM
LOL, that is all I'm saying and you're grilling me for not being one of those people that think the 5.0 is the end all be all cars! Damn. I like my car, I just happen to think it's a turd. Haha.

I'd hardly say I am grilling you. I am just saying your arguments always end comparing two very unlinke cars calling the Mustang a slow turd which I don't think it is. The mustang GT in stock form can do 0-60 in under 5 seconds and 160 ish top speed. Which in the normal public's eye is pretty fast, which IS the market for mustangs. I do not at all think the 5.0 is a end all be all either. I'm saying its great for what it is designed to market with and Ford has really stepped up their game with the Mustang.

Yes grill me all you want on that statement too but when it comes down to it there is always something faster. Are you just going to call everything slow until you are the fastest possible? I'm sure once you own that Vette you will say its a slow POF until you can own a GT-R or a lambo or something....

Also, I did't buy my car to be competitive in the car scene, I couldn't give two shits about it. Most again who buy a Mustang feel the same way. Not everybody who owns a Mustang is a DFW5.0s member. I just like associating with people that enjoy cars of all types.

Grandpa
11-07-2013, 06:34 PM
I'd hardly say I am grilling you. I am just saying your arguments always end comparing two very unlinke cars calling the Mustang a slow turd which I don't think it is. The mustang GT in stock form can do 0-60 in under 5 seconds and 160 ish top speed. Which in the normal public's eye is pretty fast, which IS the market for mustangs. I do not at all think the 5.0 is a end all be all either. I'm saying its great for what it is designed to market with and Ford has really stepped up their game with the Mustang.

Yes grill me all you want on that statement too but when it comes down to it there is always something faster. Are you just going to call everything slow until you are the fastest possible? I'm sure once you own that Vette you will say its a slow POF until you can own a GT-R or a lambo or something....

Also, I did't buy my car to be competitive in the car scene, I couldn't give two shits about it. Most again who buy a Mustang feel the same way. Not everybody who owns a Mustang is a DFW5.0s member. I just like associating with people that enjoy cars of all types.

This is the car scene/hobby. Most here modify their cars to add more power to have fun with, to be competitive etc. This is NOT the general market.

Yes, there is always someone faster because there is always someone willing to spend more. That is true. But that doesn't mean there isn't better options out there for the money, but that doesn't mean isn't a good option either. Whatever suits your needs/wants is what is comes down to. You have no need/want for a "fast" car, or so you say.

"Will I call everything slow until I'm the fastest possible?" Of course not, I just have a solid perspective of what is competitive and fast out there right now. Would a bolt on Z06 win every race out there? Of course not, but it will win a lot more races than it will lose, can't say the same thing about a bolt on Mustang GT. A full bolt-on blown Boss or a KB/Whipple'd 13 gt500 would be better options if one was a diehard brand loyal Ford guy. I'm not, I'm a car guy who loves anything with power and that handles great. I just happen to be a long Mustang guy for awhile now.

BERT
11-07-2013, 06:44 PM
I think it's funny when someone has a different opinion than Steve, he writes a small novel in his next post lol

BERT
11-07-2013, 06:45 PM
Oh and on the price thing. It's easier(for me at least) to go out and buy a brand new car at 30K than to buy an '08 vetter for 30K. Which really sucks

Grandpa
11-07-2013, 06:47 PM
I think it's funny when someone has a different opinion than Steve, he writes a small novel in his next post lol

Fuck you.

Short enough? :p

DirtyD
11-07-2013, 06:51 PM

Welcome to my occasional hell. A differing opinion from his is armageddon.

BERT
11-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Fuck you.

Short enough? :p

LMAO!!! yes sir, thank you.

BERT
11-07-2013, 06:56 PM

Oh just wait, me and him have ours coming. Our favorite over the hill UFC fighters are going against each other soon :D

Grandpa
11-07-2013, 07:07 PM

You for some odd reason see it as a something personal or a challenge to you. For me it's merely a discussion. I have no problem if you opinion differs from mine. It's just that usually you get your information second and third hand rather than from personal expierence.

LMAO!!! yes sir, thank you.

You're welcome. :D

Oh just wait, me and him have ours coming. Our favorite over the hill UFC fighters are going against each other soon :D

In case you haven't noticed, I don't discuss the martial arts online anymore. Too many people take it to a different place as a challenge to their manhood or something. To me, it's no different than people cheering on their favorite football team or something.

Btw, it's 2013 and GSP still sucks.

BERT
11-07-2013, 07:23 PM
You for some odd reason see it as a something personal or a challenge to you. For me it's merely a discussion. I have no problem if you opinion differs from mine. It's just that usually you get your information second and third hand rather than from personal expierence.

You're welcome. :D

In case you haven't noticed, I don't discuss the martial arts online anymore. Too many people take it to a different place as a challenge to their manhood or something. To me, it's no different than people cheering on their favorite football team or something.

Btw, it's 2013 and GSP still sucks.

LOL, that's why me and you get along on the internets. I can discuss something and not get mad or take it personal.

And was wondering why there wasn't a MMA forum

Grandpa
11-07-2013, 07:35 PM
LOL, that's why me and you get along on the internets. I can discuss something and not get mad or take it personal.

And was wondering why there wasn't a MMA forum

We can start a MMA thread when events come up. If it gets out of hand I just wont take part in the nonsense. lol

BLK2012GT
11-07-2013, 07:39 PM
We can start a MMA thread when events come up. If it gets out of hand I just wont take part in the nonsense. lol

Cause Steve cant control his ARMBAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flamingdevil:

WOMACK03
11-07-2013, 07:39 PM
I just washed and waxed my car......It looks even sexier!
Kiss Kiss.

Dan12GT
11-07-2013, 07:40 PM

LOL! Yep. Nothing personal taken on my end just a friendly difference of opinion. But... He does average more posts a month I have my entire time I've been a member on the site. LOL!!! Steve I see why you don't have FB! I don't even know how you have time for all the car forum posting.

BLK2012GT
11-07-2013, 07:42 PM
LOL! Yep. Nothing personal taken on my end just a friendly difference of opinion. But... He does average more posts a month I have my entire time I've been a member on the site. LOL!!! Steve I see why you don't have FB! I don't even know how you have time for all the car forum posting.

He's a stay at home mom:anitoof:

WOMACK03
11-07-2013, 07:44 PM

Bazinga!

Grandpa
11-07-2013, 07:58 PM

It's a rough life I tell you..

Grandpa
11-07-2013, 07:59 PM
Bazinga!

Look! /points to traffic on freeway

Balloon!!

WOMACK03
11-07-2013, 08:09 PM
Those were the good ole days.

Dominic Toretto
11-07-2013, 08:12 PM
Cars like Vettes are 2 seaters made with one plan in mind, going fast. There is nothing practical about them and they are essentially toys.

I can tell you haven't had much seat time with a Corvette built after 1996.

-Alex

Grandpa
11-07-2013, 08:40 PM
Cause Steve cant control his ARMBAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flamingdevil:

What is this armbar you speak of? Some kind of drinking establishment?

I just washed and waxed my car......It looks even sexier!
Kiss Kiss.

I've heard of this mythical creature SB Cobra. But it's kinda like Blownaltered's wallet in a strip club. It goes in, but never comes out to be seen again.

BERT
11-07-2013, 09:31 PM

I've heard of this mythical creature SB Cobra. But it's kinda like Blownaltered's wallet in a strip club. It goes in, but never comes out to be seen again.

Mmmmmmmmm, strip club

You're giving me ideas for tomorrow night

Phuck Phace
11-07-2013, 09:37 PM
http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j406/talalkhazal/armbar.jpg

blownaltered
11-07-2013, 11:20 PM
Steve wants a Vette so it can look fast in the parking lot. I laugh every time I read these threads. He wants a competitive car but I know Steve he doesn't race. It cracks me up.

Dan12GT
11-08-2013, 12:53 PM
i can tell you haven't had much seat time with a corvette built after 1996.

-alex

??

steve wants a vette so it can look fast in the parking lot. I laugh every time i read these threads. He wants a competitive car but i know steve he doesn't race. It cracks me up.

lol!

Dominic Toretto
11-08-2013, 01:02 PM
??

Since the C5, people have been enjoying Corvettes as DD/only cars for awhile. Yes it's a toy but one that you can use as an only car as well. It's nowhere near as boutique as you may think it is.

-Alex

Grandpa
11-08-2013, 01:03 PM
Steve wants a Vette so it can look fast in the parking lot. I laugh every time I read these threads. He wants a competitive car but I know Steve he doesn't race. It cracks me up.

Doesn't race? You getting Alzheimers or something? You don't remember me showing you the tail lights on my stock car vs your modded hot rod a few times? lmao.

Grandpa
11-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Since the C5, people have been enjoying Corvettes as DD/only cars for awhile. Yes it's a toy but one that you can use as an only car as well. It's nowhere near as boutique as you may think it is.

-Alex

Agreed. 30mpg and 505hp@3100lbs doesn't suck.

Dan12GT
11-08-2013, 01:18 PM
Oh ya I agree you can DD them but the Mustang is a tad more practical due to its price and seating capacity. Never said you can'd DD them but most of the crowd that drives them I think we all can agree on are old retired guys that aren't as worried about cost or the size of the car.

Grandpa
11-08-2013, 01:27 PM
Oh ya I agree you can DD them but the Mustang is a tad more practical due to its price and seating capacity. Never said you can'd DD them but most of the crowd that drives them I think we all can agree on are old retired guys that aren't as worried about cost or the size of the car.

It's what is more practical for YOU. I thought the same thing thinking I needed the backseat for my kids when I bought the Mustang instead of the Vette in reality when I take it out I'm usually by myself or rare occasion my wife or 5 yr old little girl rides with me. But when we all go out together we always take my truck cuz the baby seat for my 8 month old has to face to the rear which doesn't fit well in the Mustang. So its really as practical as a Corvette is at this point for ME.

Dominic Toretto
11-08-2013, 01:28 PM

Nah, old retired guys generally have back problems so they need a regular car more than anyone lol. Completely agree a Mustang is without a doubt, more usable than a Corvette. I hated driving my car downtown and often times just wouldn't since the roads there seem to have been sharknadoed. Even with my lowered Mustang, I can "access" more of the car more frequently. If that makes sense.

-Alex

STROKD
11-08-2013, 01:39 PM

I seen it, even rode around the parking lot on to a few months ago...

Grandpa
11-08-2013, 01:41 PM
I wouldn't say the backseats are all that practical since they are really only useable to kids or midgets. It does have a really good sized trunk though.

STROKD
11-08-2013, 01:43 PM

Who gives a funk about back seats. My Stangs have always been too low to carry more than one person. Had 5 chick's and my best friend in it once on way to a party, it was sitting on the bump stops with me and my friend weighing long 140 each and the fattest girl weighing 110. Lol

Dan12GT
11-08-2013, 01:44 PM
It's what is more practical for YOU. I thought the same thing thinking I needed the backseat for my kids when I bought the Mustang instead of the Vette in reality when I take it out I'm usually by myself or rare occasion my wife or 5 yr old little girl rides with me. But when we all go out together we always take my truck cuz the baby seat for my 8 month old has to face to the rear which doesn't fit well in the Mustang. So its really as practical as a Corvette is at this point for ME.

LOL! You can't deny a Corvette ins't less practical period. Its not a matter of opinion its fact. Even if you could afford 10 Vettes, in terms of price a Mustang is more practical (then you could probably buy 20 mustangs lol).

The fact you can fit the seat into a Mustang too makes it more practical, not saying it will be comfortable though. You couldn't even attempt that with a Vette.

Dan12GT
11-08-2013, 01:48 PM
Who gives a funk about back seats. My Stangs have always been too low to carry more than one person. Had 5 chick's and my best friend in it once on way to a party, it was sitting on the bump stops with me and my friend weighing long 140 each and the fattest girl weighing 110. Lol

You kind of did that to yourself lowering it. I've had 3 other adults in my car on the stock suspension no problem. Its tight but it works. Defiantly not what I would ever consider for a long trip.

STROKD
11-08-2013, 02:11 PM
You kind of did that to yourself lowering it. I've had 3 other adults in my car on the stock suspension no problem. Its tight but it works. Defiantly not what I would ever consider for a long trip.

Well yea, my point was all stangs should be dragging nuts, they are almost sports cars. The back seats are worthless, just to have them to sell the cars as practical when they aren't really.

Dan12GT
11-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Well yea, my point was all stangs should be dragging nuts, they are almost sports cars. The back seats are worthless, just to have them to sell the cars as practical when they aren't really.

Ya I agree, its usable but hovering in the realm of not being practical. My point is a Mustang IS more practical than a Vette in every aspect. Arguing anything different is just silly to me.

STROKD
11-08-2013, 02:44 PM
Ya I agree, its usable but hovering in the realm of not being practical. My point is a Mustang IS more practical than a Vette in every aspect. Arguing anything different is just silly to me.

Well, the stang has a smaller trunk, doesnt ride as well, is larger and harder to park and manuver in traffic, gets worse gas mileage, is louder and more annoying to driver and neighbors coming home late, is metal so if it hails it gets fucked vs the composite bouncey panels of the vette, has much higher insurance rates, but other than that, yea it is more practical.

blownaltered
11-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Doesn't race? You getting Alzheimers or something? You don't remember me showing you the tail lights on my stock car vs your modded hot rod a few times? lmao.

My oldtimers must be kicking in because I do recall after my tune I had you by a fender. Even then I find out I was shifting about 5400 to 5500 rpms and not 6k like I should have. Damn fox body tachs.

Midnight11
11-08-2013, 03:25 PM
I want a comp orange or sonic blue, anyone want to trade

BERT
11-08-2013, 03:27 PM

Funk? What are you, 12?

Dominic Toretto
11-08-2013, 03:37 PM

My mom, 4 year old in a carseat, and her 9 year old sister all fit comfortably during a 4 hour drive from OKC to Irving. Just moved the front seats forward so the girls in the back could have leg room. I seriously can't imagine full grown adults having too much more trouble. I'd be slightly cramped but, I don't think it is unrealistic to think 4 people can't reasonably fit in a Mustang. I'm 6'0 though. Not sure how tall you guys are.

-Alex

Dan12GT
11-08-2013, 03:40 PM
My mom, 4 year old in a carseat, and her 9 year old sister all fit comfortably during a 4 hour drive from OKC to Irving. Just moved the front seats forward so the girls in the back could have leg room. I seriously can't imagine full grown adults having too much more trouble. I'd be slightly cramped but, I don't think it is unrealistic to think 4 people can't reasonably fit in a Mustang. I'm 6'0 though. Not sure how tall you guys are.

-Alex

I wouldn't consider using the Mustang as a long trip vehicle just due to the comfort ability factor but it can get the every day tasks done no problem. I guess I will truly know soon as I have a newborn coming in 6 months.

Dominic Toretto
11-08-2013, 03:47 PM
How much do hardtop Cobras weigh?

-Alex

Grandpa
11-08-2013, 03:56 PM
My oldtimers must be kicking in because I do recall after my tune I had you by a fender. Even then I find out I was shifting about 5400 to 5500 rpms and not 6k like I should have. Damn fox body tachs.

You mean the race you jumped like a jackrabbit and then when I was coming around you shut down? :laughing1:

LOL@ using a stock fox tach as an exuse. No one has ever relied on one of those to run a fox! They either had a monster tach or shift when it stops pulling. Not my fault you can't drive your car by feel!

Grandpa
11-08-2013, 03:58 PM

-Alex

3700'ish pounds.

re-rx7
11-08-2013, 04:00 PM
Well, the stang has a smaller trunk, doesnt ride as well, is larger and harder to park and manuver in traffic, gets worse gas mileage, is louder and more annoying to driver and neighbors coming home late, is metal so if it hails it gets fucked vs the composite bouncey panels of the vette, has much higher insurance rates, but other than that, yea it is more practical.

Most of which you point out are personal opinions.

blownaltered
11-08-2013, 04:01 PM
You mean the race you jumped like a jackrabbit and then when I was coming around you shut down? :laughing1:

LOL@ using a stock fox tach as an exuse. No one has ever relied on one of those to run a fox! They either had a monster tach or shift when it stops pulling. Not my fault you can't drive your car by feel!

Ok yoda I will use the force. I had just bought the damn car and it had just been retuned. How was I supposed to be used to the we it feels. :slap:

BERT
11-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Ok yoda I will use the force. I had just bought the damn car and it had just been retuned. How was I supposed to be used to the we it feels. :slap:

Sounds like y'all just need to line 'em up again

Grandpa
11-08-2013, 04:05 PM
I want a comp orange or sonic blue, anyone want to trade

Strokd had one of the baddest Comp Orange Cobras I've ever seen.

Womack still has an extremely sexy Sonic Blue Cobra.

They both should post pics of them. :)

Grandpa
11-08-2013, 04:08 PM

LOL@ Yoda.

I realize you are a rookie manual driver who is used to driving a point and shoot racecar that a monkey could drive, but it's not like a 500rw fox is exactly a rocketship.

Simple, it stops pulling - SHIFT. :laughing1:

Sounds like y'all just need to line 'em up again

He's skuuuuuurrred.

STROKD
11-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Funk? What are you, 12?

New phone auto correct... been fighting it all week. i turned the aids off now, so it will just be misspelled now. Lmao

STROKD
11-08-2013, 04:23 PM

I use the stock tachs... but they dont run stock ignitions either lol

STROKD
11-08-2013, 04:24 PM

-Alex

Mine with no spare and 17s weighed 3595 with halfatank at ennis, without me.

BERT
11-08-2013, 04:31 PM
New phone auto correct... been fighting it all week. i turned the aids off now, so it will just be misspelled now. Lmao

lol

Dominic Toretto
11-08-2013, 04:43 PM

Oh okay so just a few pounds difference than a 5.0. Is the gearing in a Cobra the similar to our cars?

-Alex

DirtyD
11-08-2013, 05:03 PM
Sonic Blue is the best color ever produced by Ford Motor Company. DIB doesn't even compare to that color.

I would probably trade my car for a SB Terminator.

blownaltered
11-08-2013, 05:06 PM
Oh okay so just a few pounds difference than a 5.0. Is the gearing in a Cobra the similar to our cars?

-Alex

No your transmission have ridiculous gearing in them. Your 5th gear is what a terminators 4th gear is. That is part of the reason the new coyote is so fast from the factory. I will pull it up and post it so you can see the difference.

blownaltered
11-08-2013, 05:12 PM
Terminator
Gear
Ratio
1st 2.66
2nd 1.78
3rd 1.30
4th 1.00
5th 0.80
6th 0.63

Coyote
1st 3.66
2nd 2.43
3rd 1.69
4th 1.32
5th 1.00
6th 0.65

DirtyD
11-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Terminator
Gear
Ratio
1st 2.66
2nd 1.78
3rd 1.30
4th 1.00
5th 0.80
6th 0.63

Coyote
1st 3.66
2nd 2.43
3rd 1.69
4th 1.32
5th 1.00
6th 0.65
And then you have the A6 gearing for the Coyote.

1st - 4.17
2nd - 2.34
3rd - 1.52
4th - 1.14
5th - 0.86
6th - 0.69

re-rx7
11-08-2013, 05:19 PM
Sterling Grey FTW!

BERT
11-08-2013, 05:22 PM
I knew 6th gear came awfully fast for a reason.

Terminator has a T56 in it, right?

blownaltered
11-08-2013, 05:25 PM
I knew 6th gear came awfully fast for a reason.

Terminator has a T56 in it, right?

right

Dan12GT
11-08-2013, 06:43 PM
I definitely noticed a huge difference in the way the gears wind out going from my 5 speed 01 to my 6 speed 12. I thought I had 3:73s it seemed so much quicker.

Stangmaster281
11-08-2013, 09:26 PM

Wow, had no idea how much more the cobras weighted compared to a 4th gen gt.

STROKD
11-09-2013, 12:23 PM
Wow, had no idea how much more the cobras weighted compared to a 4th gen gt.

yes sir, they are heavy... IRS is about +100-120 lbs of it, the block is a tad heavier, the blower, intercooler, etc etc... It was a heavy pig imo, but the car felt smaller and handled it's weight well... It was a fun car, I just hated the gd engine in it. Too wimpy and delicate (dont shift to fifth it could blow up, dont get it hot, pull timing after half a pull at the track) bullshit this and bullshit that... my Windsor let me kick it in the nuts every time I drove it and it got faster every month... not the same can be said with the delicate 4.slow motor... lol Miss the car, wish I had money to keep it and put a 440 inch F1 powered powerplant in it... that woulda been nice.

STROKD
11-09-2013, 12:30 PM
Here is some pics, Steve said I should post em, brings back good times...

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a153/STROKD/CownedwithHRE033.jpg (http://s11.photobucket.com/user/STROKD/media/CownedwithHRE033.jpg.html)

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a153/STROKD/CownedwithHRE022.jpg (http://s11.photobucket.com/user/STROKD/media/CownedwithHRE022.jpg.html)
Pebble Beach standing on the green of Spyglass... bout 2 miles from the Links course...
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a153/STROKD/04atPebbleBeach004.jpg (http://s11.photobucket.com/user/STROKD/media/04atPebbleBeach004.jpg.html)

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a153/STROKD/04atPebbleBeach019.jpg (http://s11.photobucket.com/user/STROKD/media/04atPebbleBeach019.jpg.html)

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a153/STROKD/04atPebbleBeach035.jpg (http://s11.photobucket.com/user/STROKD/media/04atPebbleBeach035.jpg.html)

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a153/STROKD/04and93Cobras013.jpg (http://s11.photobucket.com/user/STROKD/media/04and93Cobras013.jpg.html)

Good shot with it's older sibling that now is owned by a cool guy on here that put a Terminator motor in it... lmao
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a153/STROKD/04and93Cobras009.jpg (http://s11.photobucket.com/user/STROKD/media/04and93Cobras009.jpg.html)

03cobrarocks
11-11-2013, 06:42 PM
^ fap fap fap

I wouldn't mind racing a 5.0 or anyone for that matter been so long... However I would need to somewhat learn to drive again. First time driving car in like 4 months or more

03MachMe
11-11-2013, 08:09 PM
^ fap fap fap

I wouldn't mind racing a 5.0 or anyone for that matter been so long... However I would need to somewhat learn to drive again. First time driving car in like 4 months or more

I'll race you in some turns lol and you would be a better race for a blown 5.0

03cobrarocks
11-11-2013, 11:07 PM
I'll race you in some turns lol and you would be a better race for a blown 5.0

With my solid axle and upr "drag" suspension up front don't even want to know how bad I am in the turns lol