PDA

View Full Version : best wheel cleaner is?

five.slow
11-05-2013, 01:42 AM
so for the past few months i have barely cleaned my wheels b/c its a pain in my ass. what is the best wheels cleaner that actually removes everything and its just some colored spray? i hate spraying on stuff and it does jack shit and i end up scrubbing anyways. so if you know the best stuff that actually works please let me know.

re-rx7
11-05-2013, 09:48 AM
With any build up your gonna need to agitate the product on the surface of the wheel. Buy a soft brush and just give it a quick rub. You will be alot happier. LOL The link im giving you is what I normally use and its AWESOME. Make sure the wheel is wet first, spray it on, agitate it, rinse it!

five.slow
11-05-2013, 06:55 PM
what link?

BERT
11-05-2013, 07:13 PM
It's the missing link

blownaltered
11-05-2013, 08:11 PM
It's the missing link

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a536/blownaltered/TheMissingLink_zpsf2ddbe26.png (http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/blownaltered/media/TheMissingLink_zpsf2ddbe26.png.html)

five.slow
11-05-2013, 09:04 PM
lol

jerseyjoe
11-05-2013, 10:15 PM
Sonax wheel cleaner FTW

five.slow
11-05-2013, 11:08 PM
Sonax wheel cleaner FTW

just orderd some from autogeek with a daytona jr brush. iv just been disappointed with the off the shelf stuff from auto zone that is basically colored water. my wheels are a pain in the ass to clean and im just trying to make it easier on my fingers.

jerseyjoe
11-06-2013, 08:37 PM
just orderd some from autogeek with a daytona jr brush. iv just been disappointed with the off the shelf stuff from auto zone that is basically colored water. my wheels are a pain in the ass to clean and im just trying to make it easier on my fingers.

Let us know how it works, i know it turns red as it's working.

five.slow
11-06-2013, 09:11 PM
if it dont work im gonna give up completely and only by the wheels that are on salt flat cars lol.

merlinmol
11-08-2013, 01:25 AM
Sonax is the best by far. Check out my thread on it.

http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=1626

five.slow
11-08-2013, 02:10 AM
im sold now. cant wait for my stuff to come in.

Dan12GT
11-08-2013, 01:03 PM
I hate cleaning the wheels too, lots of detailed areas to get even with my 5 spoke AGs. I so far have been able to keep up with just using normal carwash / detail spray. I generally wash my car weekly though, its rare it doesn't get washed less than that. I find its easiest to keep up with cleaning the car if you do it regularly. If you let it sit dirty a month+ you are just going to have to put that much more effort into cleaning it.

re-rx7
11-08-2013, 01:18 PM
I hate cleaning the wheels too, lots of detailed areas to get even with my 5 spoke AGs. I so far have been able to keep up with just using normal carwash / detail spray. I generally wash my car weekly though, its rare it doesn't get washed less than that. I find its easiest to keep up with cleaning the car if you do it regularly. If you let it sit dirty a month+ you are just going to have to put that much more effort into cleaning it.

This is a very gd point. Mine usually gets washed min once a week. Use meguairs ultimate spray wax right after for shine and to make the hard wax last a little longer as I use carnuba wax vs synthetic.

Dan12GT
11-08-2013, 01:22 PM
This is a very gd point. Mine usually gets washed min once a week. Use meguairs ultimate spray wax right after for shine and to make the hard wax last a little longer as I use carnuba wax vs synthetic.

Yep little bits of effort here and there pays off. I can generally wash and quick detail mine before I can fully wash the wife's car. Hers gets washed once a month. Its also white and I hardly drive it so I don't notice the dirt until I'm trying to wash it.

re-rx7
11-08-2013, 01:26 PM
Yep little bits of effort here and there pays off. I can generally wash and quick detail mine before I can fully wash the wife's car. Hers gets washed once a month. Its also white and I hardly drive it so I don't notice the dirt until I'm trying to wash it.

Im in the same boat. I wash my girls car about once every couple of weeks and it takes me twice the time. Its also white LOL.

five.slow
11-08-2013, 02:01 PM
Wife's vehicle never gets washed. She don't care to take care of her 2013 edge... Her last vehicle I will help her get. When it's done she's gonna be walking.

I wash mine weekly for the most part but it's like these wheels gather brake dust and just won't let go. It's a love hate relationship.

Grandpa
11-08-2013, 02:28 PM
All I use one mine is Wizards detail spray and Adam's polishes once a month.

re-rx7
11-08-2013, 02:29 PM

you never drive it lol!

five.slow
11-08-2013, 02:31 PM

basically what i did with my lightning but those wheels were painted black and nothing stuck to them. its like the coating on these wheels has pores or something. its smooth bout not paint clear coat smooth.

Grandpa
11-08-2013, 02:32 PM
you never drive it lol!

Then how did I get 11k miles on it already?

Dan12GT
11-08-2013, 02:33 PM
basically what i did with my lightning but those wheels were painted black and nothing stuck to them. its like the coating on these wheels has pores or something. its smooth bout not paint clear coat smooth.

That defiantly can make a difference. My wheels are powder coated and hardly collect anything. Previous wheels were painted black and held up pretty nicely too.

five.slow
11-19-2013, 03:33 PM
Well the sonax was a no go on my wheels. They still look dirty. Followed the instructions perfectly. I'm done with these wheels.

GunsUp
11-19-2013, 03:50 PM
i never use wheel cleaner, Just the leftover soap in the bucket after I get done with the bottom plastic on the trim.

five.slow
11-19-2013, 06:37 PM
i never use wheel cleaner, Just the leftover soap in the bucket after I get done with the bottom plastic on the trim.

Same here on every other vehicle Iv owned. Something about the coating on these wheels just hold on to grime.

jerseyjoe
11-19-2013, 08:11 PM
Im surprised. What wheels do you have? Color?

Well the sonax was a no go on my wheels. They still look dirty. Followed the instructions perfectly. I'm done with these wheels.

merlinmol
11-19-2013, 08:30 PM

The finish could be jacked on your wheels, especially if there was a harsh or acidic cleaner used on your wheels.

five.slow
11-19-2013, 09:41 PM
Linea corse 818s it's a dark dark grey almost black color. I'm by no means saying sonax isn't good I'm confident the wheels suck lol. Trading them for some stock 19s next month before I trade the car in. Next wheels will be sve drifts