PDA

View Full Version : Indoor shooting range

re-rx7
11-04-2013, 04:22 PM
Gf has beenn wanting to go to a indoor shooting range. I grew up in the country and just learned that way lol. Where are the shooting ranges that have guns you can use? Cost? I hear Cabellas isnt bad? Thanks!

blownaltered
11-04-2013, 04:39 PM
Gf has beenn wanting to go to a indoor shooting range. I grew up in the country and just learned that way lol. Where are the shooting ranges that have guns you can use? Cost? I hear Cabellas isnt bad? Thanks!

Cabela's is great if you want to go look at guns but they don't have a range so shooting is frowned upon. Bass Pro does in Grapevine but not at their Garland location. Target master in garland isn't bad, they have guns you can rent. My advise is to use Google to try and find one close to your area.

re-rx7
11-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Cabela's is great if you want to go look at guns but they don't have a range so shooting is frowned upon. Bass Pro does in Grapevine but not at their Garland location. Target master in garland isn't bad, they have guns you can rent. My advise is to use Google to try and find one close to your area.

You have any idea what the cost is usually? Maybe it was Basspro I was thinking off in grapevine.

03MachMe
11-04-2013, 04:52 PM
Not sure where you are at but shoot smart in ft worth us nice and has some rental guns. As does winchester range off of 820

blownaltered
11-04-2013, 04:54 PM
Usually they have a flat rate for a lane, but every place is different. Also the gun rental is different. You will have to find a place and call to get pricing.

re-rx7
11-04-2013, 05:02 PM
Thanks guys!

Shiftybusiness
11-04-2013, 05:44 PM
Bass pro was $7 per hour last time I went. Most places are around $15-20 an hour.

jerseyjoe
11-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Bass pro in grapevine is reasonable, but they do not rent guns.
I would say bullet trap in Plano or target masters in Richardson to rent guns and have a good selection of different guns too shoot. (see below, lots of rentals)

I really like the outdoor range, Elm Fork. They have a variety of targets to shoot different lanes, etc. I keep meaning to get out and do the skeet shooting with shotguns its set up like a golf course with different holes. They give you a golf cart to ride around and you shoot flying clay. i guess you keep score i don't know how it works... lol

http://www.bullettrapinc.com/test-fire.php

http://www.targetmasters.com/RentalGuns.aspx

Ruger
11-05-2013, 12:21 AM
ELM Fork FTW. Too bad dfw gun range offer mockingbird is still being renovated after the fire.

fordplay
11-06-2013, 08:02 AM
I vote for SHOOT SMART. Its a great range and if you are teaching someone to shoot they have private lanes where its easier to instruct someonr . Plus on private lanes you can go full auto or rapid fire aaaaaaallllll you want, and a good variety of rental guns. Pay one price and try all the guns you want

Shiftybusiness
11-06-2013, 08:30 AM
I vote for SHOOT SMART. Its a great range and if you are teaching someone to shoot they have private lanes where its easier to instruct someonr . Plus on private lanes you can go full auto or rapid fire aaaaaaallllll you want, and a good variety of rental guns. Pay one price and try all the guns you want

True, for indoor range its hard beat. If you are in N. East Tarrant thats the place.