PDA

View Full Version : November Daily Chat

Dominic Toretto
11-01-2013, 11:52 AM
Figured I'd start a new one. Don't think October had one. So some people at work are talking about The Conjuring being pretty good. Guess I'll be picking that up this weekend. Love a good horror film.

-Alex

Grandpa
11-01-2013, 12:29 PM
Can't remember the last time I went to a movie. lol

JDBishopArts
11-01-2013, 12:34 PM
I saw Monsters University last night. It was good.

Kadeng
11-01-2013, 12:43 PM
Figured I'd start a new one. Don't think October had one. So some people at work are talking about The Conjuring being pretty good. Guess I'll be picking that up this weekend. Love a good horror film.

-Alex
It'll keep you on the edge a bit. I watched it bout a week ago with like 10 people over and it kept all of us edgy.. more sketchy than it is scary honestly, nonetheless, decent scary movie!

Grandpa
11-01-2013, 12:45 PM
I still want to see Iron Man 3 and that last Superman movie.

JDBishopArts
11-01-2013, 12:47 PM
Iron Man 3 was pretty epic. If you aren't watching the Marvel TV show you should be also. It's not 24 or anything but it's still pretty good.

BERT
11-01-2013, 12:50 PM
I still want to see Iron Man 3 and that last Superman movie.

Thought both of those were very good. Glad they went a little different route on the Man of Steel movie.

Can't wait until next weekend when the new Thor comes out. Think I might have liked the first one the best out of the Avenger movies.

DirtyD
11-01-2013, 12:52 PM
Iron Man 3 was pretty epic. If you aren't watching the Marvel TV show you should be also. It's not 24 or anything but it's still pretty good.
I figured that wouldn't really turn out to be a good show...

I thought Ironman 3 was pretty awesome.

I'm just sitting here at work...

Grandpa
11-01-2013, 12:56 PM

I tried watching that Marvel S.H.E.I.L.D show but it wasn't what I was expecting. I thought it was going to be a little bit more like that show from awhile back Heroes. I was disappointed to see that one canceled.

Thought both of those were very good. Glad they went a little different route on the Man of Steel movie.

Can't wait until next weekend when the new Thor comes out. Think I might have liked the first one the best out of the Avenger movies.

Yeah! Man of Steel. I dunno how I could forget that name. haha. The previews looked really good.

BERT
11-01-2013, 12:59 PM
I figured that wouldn't really turn out to be a good show...

I thought Ironman 3 was pretty awesome.

I'm just sitting here at work...

LOL, that's all I've been doing. Except I stand up most of the day.

Dominic Toretto
11-01-2013, 01:00 PM
Can't remember the last time I went to a movie. lol

I don't go to theatres often because highschool kids piss me off and often tempt me to get an assault charge. Often wait till either it's early in the day or buy it on DVD. Last movies I have seen in theatres were Riddick and Furious 6. Made exceptions for those.

It'll keep you on the edge a bit. I watched it bout a week ago with like 10 people over and it kept all of us edgy.. more sketchy than it is scary honestly, nonetheless, decent scary movie!

Good. Last movie that was legitimately scary to me was The Exorcism of Emily Rose.

-Alex

BERT
11-01-2013, 01:02 PM
I don't go to theatres often because highschool kids piss me off and often tempt me to get an assault charge.

-Alex

This is why I love the iPic theatre. Pick your seat(recliner at that) and no line to wait in. The price sucks but that keeps the highschool brats away.

03MachMe
11-01-2013, 02:49 PM
This is why I love the iPic theatre. Pick your seat(recliner at that) and no line to wait in. The price sucks but that keeps the highschool brats away.

Yea we went there a couple days ago. Pretty sweet.

Steve try the new B&B theater behind the new tom thumb. Its a lot like the ipic and the suites are 18+ so no noisy high school kids. We saw capt Phillips, I thought it was a Damn good movie.

Dominic Toretto
11-02-2013, 12:18 PM
So I watched The Conjuring last night. Decent movie, not scary at all though.

-Alex

Grandpa
11-02-2013, 12:24 PM
Yea we went there a couple days ago. Pretty sweet.

Steve try the new B&B theater behind the new tom thumb. Its a lot like the ipic and the suites are 18+ so no noisy high school kids. We saw capt Phillips, I thought it was a Damn good movie.

I've heard that place is really nice. Our issue is the lack of a babysitter is why we don't get out much.

re-rx7
11-02-2013, 12:40 PM
off topic but any gd Indian food places anyone know of?

Dominic Toretto
11-02-2013, 12:44 PM
off topic but any gd Indian food places anyone know of?

None in Gainesville. You'd have to drive about an hour south of where you are. Plenty of Himalayan and Nepali places here in Irving/Las Colinas. I don't know if that counts as Indian though.

-Alex

re-rx7
11-02-2013, 12:45 PM
None in Gainesville. You'd have to drive about an hour south of where you are. Plenty of Himalayan and Nepali places here in Irving/Las Colinas. I don't know if that counts as Indian though.

-Alex

I dont mind the drive just curious. Nothing gd in Gainesville. Himalayan/napoli? Spicey?

Dominic Toretto
11-02-2013, 12:49 PM
I dont mind the drive just curious. Nothing gd in Gainesville. Himalayan/napoli? Spicey?

Most of it is, yes. I have sampled plenty of it. My friend's mom upstairs always gives me food when she makes some. My favorite is called momo. It's a noodle stuffed with chicken, spices and such. You can get it fried or steamed. I prefer the steamed version. Comes with a dipping sauce.

-Alex

Grandpa
11-02-2013, 01:02 PM
I've never tried Indian food but I had been meaning to stop by this place in Murphy called Spice of India that got good reviews but it has since closed.

I really want to try Thai food too.

Dominic Toretto
11-02-2013, 01:07 PM
I've never tried Indian food but I had been meaning to stop by this place in Murphy called Spice of India that got good reviews but it has since closed.

I've had Thai before. Didn't try too much but, I really enjoyed the fried rice I got from Thai Basil Leaf in Las Colinas. Guess it helped that my ex's sister works there and hooks me up with some free sake.

-Alex

re-rx7
11-02-2013, 01:08 PM
Most of it is, yes. I have sampled plenty of it. My friend's mom upstairs always gives me food when she makes some. My favorite is called momo. It's a noodle stuffed with chicken, spices and such. You can get it fried or steamed. I prefer the steamed version. Comes with a dipping sauce.

-Alex
Good Info

x2. I just wanna go somewhere thats gd, that way i dont get turned off to it from a bad experience.

Grandpa
11-11-2013, 10:33 AM
How was everyone's weekend?

DirtyD
11-11-2013, 11:13 AM
Pretty good here. Former rommate of mine got married Saturday night. So we just hung out all day saturday before the wedding to chill out. Went to that Max's Wine Dive place in Dallas then spent a couple of hours at Top Golf.

Sunday was just a relaxing day hanging out with the girlfriend, the dogs, and her family.

BERT
11-11-2013, 11:59 AM
Not bad. Had dinner by myself at Bone Daddy's when I got in town Friday night. Then went and hung out with some jackasses in the rain. Saturday morning went and saw Thor:The Dark Word, it was freaking badass. Left there and just went driving around, the gf likes riding around in the car. Went to the mall and then had dinner at Bone Daddy's(her pick, I didn't argue), then went home to watch the rest of the Longhorn game.

Sunday had Lunch at Jaspers, it was pretty good. Rode down to the Texas Co-Op to look around. Was going to head home around 5 but one of her friends backed out on there plans so I stuck around and went to the Lights at Legacy. They FINALLY plugged in that big fucking tree and we left.

Nice little weekend. Didn't go to Home Depot though, we didn't have enough time

03MachMe
11-11-2013, 01:24 PM
Perfect! My son is amazing! Plus Steelers won and cowgirls got owned

Grandpa
11-11-2013, 01:34 PM
Perfect! My son is amazing! Plus Steelers won and cowgirls got owned

Congrats on the little edition to your family! Wishing your new born baby a wonderful and blessed life. :)

Dominic Toretto
11-11-2013, 03:03 PM
Bought Bioshock Infinite. Only reason I am on here now is because I am at work and no access to an XBox.

-Alex

lolvtec
11-11-2013, 03:46 PM
Bought Bioshock Infinite. Only reason I am on here now is because I am at work and no access to an XBox.

-Alex

That was a damn good game. I really liked the story too..

Dominic Toretto
11-11-2013, 04:20 PM
That was a damn good game. I really liked the story too..

I was hooked since the first game came out. Wish it could be adapted to a movie but, maybe it is better left as just a game.

-Alex

Dominic Toretto
11-15-2013, 09:43 AM
How are you guys enjoying your PS4s?

-Alex

DirtyD
11-15-2013, 10:13 AM
Fuck PS! XBFL yo!

Dominic Toretto
11-15-2013, 10:39 AM
Fuck PS! XBFL yo!

Werd son!

-Alex

STROKD
11-15-2013, 11:39 AM
How are you guys enjoying your PS4s?

-Alex

Get my One in 6 days and 14.4 hours give or take a few minutes. :)