PDA

View Full Version : Best types of wheels, appearance wise?

Kadeng
10-29-2013, 08:44 PM
Hey guys looking into a new suspension set up around Christmas time, along with a new set of shoes on my baby. I would like to point out that I drive a 3.7, not a nascar and i accept that. I'm 18 and insurance on a 5.0 was to insane for me to own currently, so with all things being said, I would like to make my car LOOK better for now. I would like everone's opinions on wheels/tires for daily use all year. I'm leaning towards some SVE Drifts or RTR wheels... mainly because i like concave wheels that look good, but open to suggestions :hmm:

DirtyD
10-29-2013, 09:02 PM
Look into the XXR wheels or Avant Garde, or Niche (MHT) wheels

Dominic Toretto
10-30-2013, 03:31 PM
I've heard that the RTRs and SVEs don't "concave" as much as one would think. But I haven't seen them in person. You can daily drive any wheel you want. Obviously some wheels are built stronger than others and thus, cost more expensive. So it comes down to what you feel like chancing more on the road. I'd choose something cheap and readily replacable that looks good, unless you can afford to buy $900 wheels on the fly.

-Alex

Courtesy Flush
10-30-2013, 03:52 PM
I run the sve drifts in silver on my daily without issue. Square setup and can be rotated regularly. With that said they are not the most unique wheel, but they are very affordable and give a subtle yet defined concave look.

Remember black friday is on the horizon, if your gonna buy a set of wheels that's the time to do it.

Dominic Toretto
10-30-2013, 04:18 PM
With that said they are not the most unique wheel,

With the amount of stock Mustangs on the road, that spider design will always look unique.

-Alex

Courtesy Flush
10-30-2013, 04:43 PM
With the amount of stock Mustangs on the road, that spider design will always look unique.

-Alex

Dont get me wrong i love the wheels, i said that lightly because sve drifts tend to get labeled as "too popular" "standard" etc etc.. you catch my drift.

Dominic Toretto
10-30-2013, 04:57 PM
Dont get me wrong i love the wheels, i said that lightly because sve drifts tend to get labeled as "too popular" "standard" etc etc.. you catch my drift.

Definitely understand. I think the people that make those comments forget that for every modified Mustang, there are like 300 stock ones lol.

-Alex

Grandpa
10-30-2013, 05:26 PM
Definitely understand. I think the people that make those comments forget that for every modified Mustang, there are like 300 stock ones lol.

-Alex

While that might be true when talking about driving around with the general public but when you attend shows, meets and gtgs with other enthusiasts there are certain wheel choices and a look that are very common among the performance crowd.

I know I'm abit of a wheel snob and make jokes quite often about it but I don't hate the common wheel selections as much as I joke about it, I'm just not crazy about the "murdered out" look.I think the silver Drifts/RTRs etc look great on some cars! Black wheels done well, with the right accents can look really good. It just drives me crazy about some cars with all black wheels photograph. The wheel is solid black, the tire is black and the fenderwell all seem to blend together and it looks like a big void.

Don't be afraid to think out of the box either. Look at Merlin's car as an example. A few years ago you would only see bronze on imports. But with his wheel selection and accents the bronze looks amazing on his car!

What it comes down to you have to do what YOU like and can afford. You're the one who has to dish out the money, has to look at it everyday and clean it.

Good luck in your search!

Kadeng
10-30-2013, 05:27 PM
This is true, thanks for the input fellas. I work at Discount Tire in Weatherford and we get MAJOR benefits on buying personal parts if you catch my drift. I've seen both RTR and SVE Drifts in person and they look like they would help give a meaner stance with my sixxer once dropped on Eibachs. DirtyD i will for sure look into those wheels, always good to check other options :)

Kadeng
10-30-2013, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the input Slowgreygt, i agree, sometimes i'm lost as to what color, chrome, silver, charcoal gray, or black wheels. I own a Sterling Gray so i'm lost on that idea aswell.

jayman33
10-30-2013, 05:31 PM
The answers you get will be subjective, an opinion on what is considered "better". Having spent a lot of time with wheels companies you learn where these wheels are made, distributed and so on. There are reasons I sell the wheels I do, a lot of the wheels I sell (including suspension) will last just as long if not longer than the car, for those who daily drive them.

The RTR wheels are nice and I still feel very unique, many have them and there is a reason for it. I just so happen to like the Avant Garde M310's a bit more, color is a bit darker (dolphin grey) and the color will not fade, as I've seen on similar styles and brands. Hope this helps a little.

Kadeng
10-30-2013, 05:37 PM
Jay as requested by DirtyD i was just looking into that wheel on a Mustang my color and fell in love with the look, it looks phenomenal.. just like a RTR in a way, but obviously a tad bit different. I will be checking into pricing on these wheels from my company. Thank you for you're .02!

Kadeng
10-30-2013, 05:39 PM
This looks so good! But maybe a powder coat on them to make them even more unique!

Grandpa
10-30-2013, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the input Slowgreygt, i agree, sometimes i'm lost as to what color, chrome, silver, charcoal gray, or black wheels. I own a Sterling Gray so i'm lost on that idea aswell.

It's a big decision. We've all had to make it at one point or another so we understand your frustration with it all. The right stance and wheel/tire selection/fitment makes or breaks the look of a car. The fact there are so many options out there it doesn't make it any easier to decide either! haha.

I've also got a Sterling Grey car. It's a tricky color for sure. I wrestle all the time wondering if I should do some body mods or not. I like the simple lines and the muscle car throwback look it has stock. But I don't want it too "busy" or "cluttered" looking either. I love the wheels I got though, now I just have to decide to if/how to compliment them.

I think ALL car guys suffer from this though. We're constantly fussing over our cars wondering if we got it just right or not and cannot leave shit alone. Haha.

Kadeng
10-30-2013, 05:46 PM
It's a big decision. We've all had to make it at one point or another so we understand your frustration with it all. The right stance and wheel/tire selection/fitment makes or breaks the look of a car. The fact there are so many options out there it doesn't make it any easier to decide either! haha.

I've also got a Sterling Grey car. It's a tricky color for sure. I wrestle all the time wondering if I should do some body mods or not. I like the simple lines and the muscle car throwback look it has stock. But I don't want it too "busy" or "cluttered" looking either. I love the wheels I got though, now I just have to decide to if/how to compliment them.

I think ALL car guys suffer from this though. We're constantly fussing over our cars wondering if we got it just right or not and cannot leave shit alone. Haha.

EXACTLY! Couldn't have worded it any better myself :) I like the M310's in the Dolphin Gray actually. Now just to save for them :whymewhyme: and find the right tire combinations as well. And i know what you mean, seeing as i have a 100k warranty i'm not touching the engine mods besides maybe looks, so might as well turn heads while cruising Your 5.0 looks fantastic as does everyone elses posting in this thread, makes me constantly wanna push forward and make mine just as unique as y'alls! A very expensive hobby to have that unless a car enthusiast, most don't understand that we're always having to change something up. Oh well :)

Grandpa
10-30-2013, 05:54 PM
EXACTLY! Couldn't have worded it any better myself :) I like the M310's in the Dolphin Gray actually. Now just to save for them :whymewhyme: and find the right tire combinations as well. And i know what you mean, seeing as i have a 100k warranty i'm not touching the engine mods besides maybe looks, so might as well turn heads while cruising Your 5.0 looks fantastic as does everyone elses posting in this thread, makes me constantly wanna push forward and make mine just as unique as y'alls! A very expensive hobby to have that unless a car enthusiast, most don't understand that we're always having to change something up. Oh well :)

Hang in there and be patient. It takes time and a lot of money to build your car up the way you want. Don't be down on your V6 either, they make great power for a V6! When I was your age the foxbody 4cyl cars running around only had something like 110hp. The 93 Cobras didn't even have 305hp! lol.

Kadeng
10-30-2013, 06:09 PM
Oh i love my car! It's the thing i'm most passionate about besides family. I was just stating that since it's a v6 instead of me dropping a ton of money to make it a tad quicker, i would invest in appearance!

Dominic Toretto
10-30-2013, 06:10 PM
While that might be true when talking about driving around with the general public but when you attend shows, meets and gtgs with other enthusiasts there are certain wheel choices and a look that are very common among the performance crowd.

I know I'm abit of a wheel snob and make jokes quite often about it but I don't hate the common wheel selections as much as I joke about it, I'm just not crazy about the "murdered out" look.I think the silver Drifts/RTRs etc look great on some cars! Black wheels done well, with the right accents can look really good. It just drives me crazy about some cars with all black wheels photograph. The wheel is solid black, the tire is black and the fenderwell all seem to blend together and it looks like a big void.

Don't be afraid to think out of the box either. Look at Merlin's car as an example. A few years ago you would only see bronze on imports. But with his wheel selection and accents the bronze looks amazing on his car!

What it comes down to you have to do what YOU like and can afford. You're the one who has to dish out the money, has to look at it everyday and clean it.

^All of this^

Don't be down on your V6 either, they make great power for a V6! When I was your age the foxbody 4cyl cars running around only had something like 110hp. The 93 Cobras didn't even have 305hp! lol.

Werd. These new V6s make more power than the 4.6 V8:hidesbehindsofa:

-Alex

Kadeng
10-30-2013, 08:22 PM
hah thanks for the support Dominic!

BlueBolt
10-30-2013, 08:35 PM
Forgestar f14s deep concave rears before my sport lines. The deep concave is a little more than the rtr concave.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x36/bluebolt09/846f978b.jpg

Kadeng
10-31-2013, 02:03 AM
Yeah i've always liked the f14 from Forgestar! They look great!

Midnight11
10-31-2013, 11:17 AM
buy mine lol

2012mustang76123
10-31-2013, 01:25 PM
again for forgestars I got the cf10, get complimented all the time on them.

Everyone might have them but they aren't "mainstream" yet.

DirtyD
10-31-2013, 01:34 PM
again for forgestars I got the cf10, get complimented all the time on them.

Everyone might have them but they aren't "mainstream" yet.
Actually there aren't really a lot of people that have them, even on the forums.

saunupe1911
10-31-2013, 02:25 PM
the sve drifts are the best looking "cheap" wheel on the market to me. they look like they cost more than what they actually do

Dominic Toretto
10-31-2013, 03:15 PM
These are my favorite wheels. Unfortunately I am not baller status like most of you mofos.

http://www.forgeline.com/products/performance-series-step-lip/ga3-17-18-19-20.html

-Alex

Grandpa
10-31-2013, 03:30 PM
These are my favorite wheels. Unfortunately I am not baller status like most of you mofos.

http://www.forgeline.com/products/performance-series-step-lip/ga3-17-18-19-20.html

-Alex

Those would look great. Very different!

Dominic Toretto
10-31-2013, 03:49 PM
Those would look great. Very different!

I am accepting cash donations :D

-Alex

Kadeng
10-31-2013, 03:56 PM
I wish Nic! Haha probably couldn't afford what you are asking for yours.

GTOphil
02-09-2014, 06:12 PM

Popular/common or not I'll be putting SVE Drifts on my car (PW '11).

I'd LOVE some bronze or gold, I had some on my black srt4- but my wife would disown me and refuse sex for a LONG time if I put them on. lol