PDA

View Full Version : Car and driver 2015 leak...

PLASMAN
10-27-2013, 10:14 PM
http://www.caranddriver.com/features/2015-ford-mustang-leaked-360-view-and-full-details-news?src=spr_FBPAGE&spr_id=1458_28229451

PLASMAN
10-27-2013, 10:15 PM
http://www.gtspirit.com/2013/10/27/2015-ford-mustang-leaked-in-decmbers-car-and-driver-magazine-cover/

JDMLOL
10-27-2013, 10:31 PM
Cant tell if I like it or not. They say that the 5.0 will jump to 500hp after the initial launch...

hatchttu
10-27-2013, 10:35 PM
I think I may take advantage of some of the good 2014 deals going on now if this is accurate. Wait until the first refresh of this.

I do find the article a little suspect though. Start with 420 hp and upgrade a few months into the model run? Do they want to piss off everyone who buys right away? ad an 80 hp bump? how much price bump will that get? This alone makes me not believe much in this article.

garner
10-27-2013, 10:36 PM
Love it

2012mustang76123
10-27-2013, 10:49 PM
I'll keep my 12 for time being maybe get a 2021

03MachMe
10-27-2013, 10:58 PM
I like. I'll wait to see the actual car before passing full judgment.

Stangmaster281
10-27-2013, 11:14 PM
Eh, I think I can warm up to it.

BLK2012GT
10-27-2013, 11:44 PM
I don't see a 80hp increase on the GT with the same engine. But if they do that would be hard to pass up.

re-rx7
10-28-2013, 08:46 AM
I can see 50 being possible with DI.

virtu
10-28-2013, 10:04 AM
80 more horsepower and 200 less pounds?

Just tell me where to sign.

DirtyD
10-28-2013, 10:22 AM
I like. I'll wait to see the actual car before passing full judgment.
This is how I feel as well.

I see 500 hp being a stretch for the GT though...that's putting the S550 on par with the C7 Vette right out of the box........

Dominic Toretto
10-28-2013, 10:27 AM
80 more horsepower and 200 less pounds?

Just tell me where to sign.

Wait wait wait... everyone said it would be 500lbs less:rondod:

Can't wait to tell everyone that seriously expected that much weight loss "I toldya so."

-Alex

GunsUp
10-28-2013, 10:46 AM
I love it

Grandpa
10-28-2013, 10:48 AM
I do find the article a little suspect though. Start with 420 hp and upgrade a few months into the model run? Do they want to piss off everyone who buys right away? ad an 80 hp bump? how much price bump will that get? This alone makes me not believe much in this article.

I'd imagine that is what the guys who bought the 2010's had to deal with. They got the new bodystyle, but the old motor with the new 5.0 coming out less than a year later. The guys who got out of their 2010's took a serious hit because the value of their 10's absolutely tanked cuz no one wanted them.

GunsUp
10-28-2013, 10:51 AM
I'd imagine that is what the guys who bought the 2010's had to deal with. They got the new bodystyle, but the old motor with the new 5.0 coming out less than a year later. The guys who got out of their 2010's took a serious hit because the value of their 10's absolutely tanked cuz no one wanted them.

Yeah it's nothing new but why Does Ford do that? Just pisses the Mustang cult following off.

re-rx7
10-28-2013, 10:59 AM
Wait wait wait... everyone said it would be 500lbs less:rondod:

Can't wait to tell everyone that seriously expected that much weight loss "I toldya so."

-Alex

Its still up in the air no sound proof of anything right now. What is funny though is that if the car only makes 460hp, it still makes more then the vette lol.

DirtyD
10-28-2013, 11:09 AM
Well they do have a "2014.5" short production run, but I don't think they would up the power for the people that are getting the "anniversary" edition.

Grandpa
10-28-2013, 11:09 AM
Yeah it's nothing new but why Does Ford do that? Just pisses the Mustang cult following off.

Clearly not the case considering Ford was selling them faster than they could make them with the release of the Coyote. I suspect the same will happen with the new car with the new body, suspension and gadgets. The Coyote still makes enough power for most people. You have to keep in mind, us car freaks are still the minority in Ford's sales because most people who buy Mustangs do not modify them at all. The more power they make from the factory, the less people tend to mod them motor wise.

As for comparing the new Mustang to a Corvette, it's apples to oranges still. The Mustang being a 2+2 passenger car versus the Corvette being a legitimate sports car with better weight balance and lighter weight. The Mustangs direct competitors are the Camaro and Challenger, not the Corvette.

Dominic Toretto
10-28-2013, 11:15 AM
Its still up in the air no sound proof of anything right now. What is funny though is that if the car only makes 460hp, it still makes more then the vette lol.

Just like the 6.4 Challenger does. And it runs mid 11s just like the C7 right :)?

-Alex

saunupe1911
10-28-2013, 11:22 AM

Good point sir. I just commented about that on C&D. 2017 will be the year to upgrade after the power bumps and Cuda/Camaro releases. They won't be fooling me!!!

re-rx7
10-28-2013, 11:24 AM
Just like the 6.4 Challenger does. And it runs mid 11s just like the C7 right :)?

-Alex

Did you stop to think about how much the challenger weighs? The mustang will probally weigh a few hundred lbs more not 900lbs like the challenger.Slowgrey is right. 2+2 vs 2 seater pretty much apple to oranges.

saunupe1911
10-28-2013, 11:30 AM

-Alex

It will only be 100 to 200 lbs lighter. Those other numbers are exaggerations to build hype. Lets be realistic. Our cars can get 0-60 in 4.3 to 4.5s in perfect conditions. So a 450 HP, IRS, lighter Stang running with a base Vette (none Z51 package) is not far fetched by any means.

Dominic Toretto
10-28-2013, 11:38 AM
It will only be 100 to 200 lbs lighter. Those other numbers are exaggerations to build hype. Lets be realistic. Our cars can get 0-60 in 4.3 to 4.5s in perfect conditions. So a 450 HP, IRS, lighter Stand running with a base Vette (none Z51 package) is not far fetched by any means.

C7s are getting to 60 in the same time as current C6Zs. Sub 4 second range and are in the 11s bone stock on stock tires. I'm not saying the Mustang won't be faster, I'm positive it will. I just don't ever recall a Mustang GT ever being as fast as a base Corvette. The rendering of the car in that 360 view is very attractive though.

-Alex

Dominic Toretto
10-28-2013, 11:40 AM
Did you stop to think about how much the challenger weighs?

Yes and that's my point. Horsepower alone doesn't determine acceleration :).

-Alex

Grandpa
10-28-2013, 11:58 AM
C7s are getting to 60 in the same time as current C6Zs. Sub 4 second range and are in the 11s bone stock on stock tires. I'm not saying the Mustang won't be faster, I'm positive it will. I just don't ever recall a Mustang GT ever being as fast as a base Corvette. The rendering of the car in that 360 view is very attractive though.

-Alex

This is what I was referring to about comparing the Mustang and the Corvette to one another. There is more to performance than just straight line acceleration which is NOT the Corvette's focus but rather all around performance. While the 0-60 might be close, as soon as a turn comes along the Mustang doesn't hold a candle to the Vette handling and top end performance.

The Mustang is a passenger car with a smaller motor, heavier weight, inferior weight distribution in comparison to a purpose built sports car like the Corvette. However, when you compare the Mustang to it's proper competitors like the Camaro and Challenger it dominates in every way. As I said, it's just not a fair comparison.

Dominic Toretto
10-28-2013, 12:25 PM
This is what I was referring to about comparing the Mustang and the Corvette to one another. There is more to performance than just straight line acceleration which is NOT the Corvette's focus but rather all around performance. While the 0-60 might be close, as soon as a turn comes along the Mustang doesn't hold a candle to the Vette handling and top end performance.

The Mustang is a passenger car with a smaller motor, heavier weight, inferior weight distribution in comparison to a purpose built sports car like the Corvette. However, when you compare the Mustang to it's proper competitors like the Camaro and Challenger it dominates in every way. As I said, it's just not a fair comparison.

True. Either way, that new Mustang is very nice to look at, if those renderings of the 360 view are accurate. Hope it looks close to that image.

-Alex

DirtyD
10-28-2013, 12:43 PM
I was just stating that if the Mustang does in fact shed 200-300 lbs, and has 450 (or more) hp, it would in fact be competition for the C7. Yes they are different cars, built for different purposes, but for them to still be on the same level (in terms of performance stand points) as the C7 is impressive to say the least. Because that leaves no room for GM to make the Camaro comparable, considering it would have to be on basically par with the Vette...

saunupe1911
10-28-2013, 12:45 PM
I'm more concerned about it's center of gravity more than weight. It needs to be 4 series low to hug the corners. I doubt they take it that far and S550 owners will be swapping out suspensions just like us S197 owners.

Adam
10-28-2013, 12:50 PM
I was just stating that if the Mustang does in fact shed 200-300 lbs, and has 450 (or more) hp, it would in fact be competition for the C7. Yes they are different cars, built for different purposes, but for them to still be on the same level (in terms of performance stand points) as the C7 is impressive to say the least. Because that leaves no room for GM to make the Camaro comparable, considering it would have to be on basically par with the Vette...

You don't get it....

saunupe1911
10-28-2013, 12:53 PM

Yes sir, that's what I'm praying for but it's a long shot. I doubt GM will allow an alpha platform SS Camaro = a base Vette in overall performance even if an S550 out performs it. That Camaro will have to be a new 1LE or something that includes a substantial price hike. Th next 2 to 3 yrs is going to be interesting. I would give my left pinky toe for Z51 a though.

DirtyD
10-28-2013, 12:55 PM
You don't get it....
Care to elaborate? What exactly do I not "get"?

Adam
10-28-2013, 01:08 PM
Care to elaborate? What exactly do I not "get"?

Unless major philosphical changes have happened at ford then the mustang will NEVER be close to competion for the Vette.
Regardless of the irs and weight loss in the 2015 ford would still have to seriously upgrade the brakes for GT models(what 85% of can probably afford) and have a legitimate handling package option from the factory. Not some under sprung, crappy dampened bs like they did on the current brembo models. Think 1LE Camaro. I'll concede that in 0-120mph numbers the next mustang might be close to the c7. But in every other measure of a SPORTS car it'll fall short I'm afraid.

saunupe1911
10-28-2013, 01:14 PM
Unless major philosphical changes have happened at ford then the mustang will NEVER be close to competion for the Vette.
Regardless of the irs and weight loss in the 2015 ford would still have to seriously upgrade the brakes for GT models(what 85% of can probably afford) and have a legitimate handling package option from the factory. Not some under sprung, crappy dampened bs like they did on the current brembo models. Think 1LE Camaro. I'll concede that in 0-120mph numbers the next mustang might be close to the c7. But in every other measure of a SPORTS car it'll fall short I'm afraid.

I'm hopping this type of package is released as a track package or something. Also none of the test mules had rear brembos....not good!

DirtyD
10-28-2013, 01:15 PM
Never said the S500 was a sports car. Yes, it's comparing apples to oranges, but the next gen Mustang may likely end up being a very apple-like orange. It's going to be a 2+2 that is pushing the boundaries of the pony car/sports car line.

Your statement can still fall under the speculation category. We DON'T know what the brakes and suspension will be like on the S550 chassis until it is released, and people really get to compare it the the C7. So I guess both of us should withhold any further judgement on this car/platform until it's a physical car with physical, legitimate, concrete numbers behind it.

Grandpa
10-28-2013, 01:21 PM
Never said the S500 was a sports car. Yes, it's comparing apples to oranges, but the next gen Mustang may likely end up being a very apple-like orange. It's going to be a 2+2 that is pushing the boundaries of the pony car/sports car line.

Your statement can still fall under the speculation category. We DON'T know what the brakes and suspension will be like on the S550 chassis until it is released, and people really get to compare it the the C7. So I guess both of us should withhold any further judgement on this car/platform until it's a physical car with physical, legitimate, concrete numbers behind it.

I agree with Adam here, you don't get it.

Adam
10-28-2013, 01:27 PM

Meh. Speculation gives me shit do on a Monday.

DirtyD
10-28-2013, 01:43 PM
I agree with Adam here, you don't get it.
What's new there? You act like my girlfriend does when it comes to discussions. Lol.

Meh. Speculation gives me shit do on a Monday.
That's the truth.

Grandpa
10-28-2013, 01:58 PM
LMAO. I can always count on you to give me a good laugh.

DirtyD
10-28-2013, 02:04 PM
LMAO. I can always count on you to give me a good laugh.
We had a fun "discussion" Saturday going down to Austin. Basically as soon as I replied to what she said, it went from "discussion" to, "you're wrong!"

Women...

Grandpa
10-28-2013, 02:12 PM
We had a fun "discussion" Saturday going down to Austin. Basically as soon as I replied to what she said, it went from "discussion" to, "you're wrong!"

Women...

You have a lot to learn about women young grasshopper. Anything you say after she speaks is just the beginning of another argument.

DirtyD
10-28-2013, 02:15 PM
You have a lot to learn about women young grasshopper. Anything you say after she speaks is just the beginning of another argument.
Oh, I know. I still try to make it not turn into that...

Both of us are so hard headed, I swear our children will be able to wear the entire Ironman suit with the exception of the helmet...

Adam
10-28-2013, 03:25 PM

In which case if she happens to start losing that argument she'll bring up other crap to try and sway it back in her favor....

STROKD
10-28-2013, 04:26 PM
I think it looks pretty great, but Ill never buy one.

Grandpa
10-28-2013, 04:34 PM
In which case if she happens to start losing that argument she'll bring up other crap to try and sway it back in her favor....

LOL, yup. It's just better not to fuel the fire by being hardheaded arguing just attempting to win an argument there is no winning to.

BERT
10-28-2013, 06:22 PM

Women...

You're dating my gf too?

Slow Five-O
10-28-2013, 09:29 PM
Maybe i read things wrong, but it sounded like the 500hp version was going to be the new GT350. Probably make it a NA 5.8. And fetch more money too.

G-Mann
10-28-2013, 11:04 PM
A few things they are saying sound good on paper and I am just waiting to see what Ford delivers. A 500 hp NA forged engine does sound appealing.

Pat McCrotch
10-29-2013, 05:01 AM
Well I am going to order one as soon as available. Already sold the 11.
My main question is, how long will I have to wait for Borla to put out a catback for my new ride? How long will I have to wait for cat delete pipes?

GunsUp
10-29-2013, 05:17 AM
Well I am going to order one as soon as available. Already sold the 11.
My main question is, how long will I have to wait for Borla to put out a catback for my new ride? How long will I have to wait for cat delete pipes?

What Ballpark did you get for your 11 if you don't mind my asking?

Pat McCrotch
10-29-2013, 05:27 AM
What Ballpark did you get for your 11 if you don't mind my asking?
Exactly $24,500 balpark

GunsUp
10-29-2013, 05:28 AM
Exactly $24,500 balpark

Holy Moly you did well sir!:iranmaybe:

Pat McCrotch
10-29-2013, 05:36 AM
Holy Moly you did well sir!:iranmaybe:

Car looked and ran great . I really do miss her too.
32,xxx miles, interior and exterior still a 10,, back seats weren't even used once. had a few more mods that aren't in my sig too. mostly appearance.
Did I say I really miss her?