PDA

View Full Version : Any manual guys wish they went Auto?

BV600
10-27-2013, 01:38 PM
I have had both m6 and a6 5.0s im not doing as much drag racing as I anticipated and thought about going with a manual again. May look for someone who wants to make the swap

downtime!
10-27-2013, 03:11 PM
Ordinarily, I would say no, but after this past weekend, I'm really wishing I'd gone with the auto. LOL!

Dominic Toretto
10-27-2013, 05:36 PM
Before I bought a Mustang, I had heard too many owners complaining about the manuals. Bought my car with the female transmission and have been happy since.

-Alex

BLK2012GT
10-27-2013, 06:07 PM
If I had a vagina I would got an auto. So no I don't regret getting a manual.

2012mustang76123
10-27-2013, 06:19 PM
never regretted going to auto. Had 1 car that was manual, 3hrs of traffic I pulled into a dealership and traded it in. (b4 5.0)

maxpayne
10-27-2013, 06:45 PM
At times, an auto would be nice in Dallas traffic. But, rowing through the gears on a straight away or downshifting and taking a curvy on/off ramp makes having a stick 100% worth the few minutes I am in traffic. Plus, I don't plan on making huge power so I am sure it will hold up - I hope anyway. Ha.

CMORENO302
10-27-2013, 07:18 PM
Mustang on the weekedns and Silverado for workdays.

Grandpa
10-27-2013, 07:45 PM
I think it all depends on how you intend on using your Stang a majority of the time. I'm more into the twisty curvy country backroad cruising than drag racing or racing of any kind really. You just don't get the same feel with aggressive driving with an auto as you do a manual. If I were planning on doing a lot of dead stop racing, then auto would have been the way to go. But for me manual is the only way to go for my driving style choice.

JDBishopArts
10-27-2013, 07:52 PM
No.

Taxman
10-27-2013, 09:03 PM
I only regret it when I'm at the track. All the rest of the time, I love having a manual.

A302
10-27-2013, 09:18 PM
I like my auto. I mainly drag race though.

GunsUp
10-28-2013, 10:49 AM
I have had both m6 and a6 5.0s im not doing as much drag racing as I anticipated and thought about going with a manual again. May look for someone who wants to make the swap

I'd swap with you. I love having a manual but I would prefer an auto

BV600
10-28-2013, 07:07 PM
Guns up I shot you a PM

DirtyD
10-28-2013, 07:39 PM
I came from a 4R70 in my F150. 4+OD. Slow. As. Balls. The V6 may have has something to do with that though. Lol

I wouldn't mind having an auto in traffic when I'm stop and go. But that's not often.

I just feel a mustang should be a stick.

46Tbird
10-29-2013, 10:33 AM
fun car to drive = stick
drag and/or vagina = auto

Nothing wrong with an auto, but I've always preferred stick shift cars. And don't give me the sob story about 'traffic.' I drive north loop 820 and 183 into the sun every morning and evening. I wouldn't trade away my stick unless I was trying to set drag racing records.

Doug1227
10-29-2013, 10:51 AM
I find myself manually shifting mine on occassion just to get the "feel" of a manual.... I have NO regrets though and I love the point and shoot aspect of it especially as you increase power levels.

04sleeper
10-29-2013, 07:08 PM
6R80 > MT-82.

End Thread!

Grandpa
10-29-2013, 07:16 PM
6R80 > MT-82.

End Thread!

What's next grandpa? Golf , bingo and the seniors special at Denny's? :D

04sleeper
10-29-2013, 07:19 PM
What's next grandpa? Golf , bingo and the seniors special at Denny's? :D
Yep. Right after I hear all the MT-82 owners bitching about losing because the auto is considered "Cheating"!

No need to buy a twin disc clutch, bushings, shifter, stainless steel lines, etc....

G-Mann
10-29-2013, 08:10 PM
When they give me a dual clutch transmission is when I will miss one, hell I will have one. Until then manual or nothing.

Crimson600+HP
10-29-2013, 08:43 PM
All I hear is Auto guys complain on the road course on why they lose to manual guys because they can't "choose" the proper gears like we can...

BLK2012GT
10-29-2013, 08:53 PM
I want to know who let all the auto people out of the kitchen and let them post on here?

04sleeper
10-29-2013, 09:55 PM
All I hear is Auto guys complain on the road course on why they lose to manual guys because they can't "choose" the proper gears like we can...
My Select Shift allows me to choose any gear I want at will.

But I could care less about a road course to be honest.

Sieran
10-29-2013, 10:03 PM
Eh, I just enjoy driving a manual. If I want an auto i'll drive my ecoboost truck and piss off the hondas with it.

Dominic Toretto
10-29-2013, 10:03 PM
Show me a factory manual that can do this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yxekmav2eQ

... waiting.

-Alex

BLK2012GT
10-29-2013, 10:08 PM
Show me a factory manual that can do this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yxekmav2eQ

... waiting.

-Alex

No one is arguing that if you are going to make a race car then yes auto is the way to go. But if you want a fun street and some strip car then a manual is the way to go.

Dominic Toretto
10-29-2013, 10:13 PM
No one is arguing that if you are going to make a race car then yes auto is the way to go. But if you want a fun street and some strip car then a manual is the way to go.

That depends on your preference. If someone prefers auto, then by definition, driving a manual would be less enjoyable.

-Alex

BLK2012GT
10-29-2013, 10:15 PM
That depends on your preference. If someone prefers auto, then by definition, driving a manual would be less enjoyable.

-Alex

True. If I daily my mustang I probably would had got an auto.

Courtesy Flush
10-29-2013, 10:27 PM
True. I should have bought an auto.

fixed

BERT
10-29-2013, 11:02 PM
Yep. Right after I hear all the MT-82 owners bitching about losing because the auto is considered "Cheating"!

No need to buy a twin disc clutch, bushings, shifter, stainless steel lines, etc....

Who in the hell calls that cheating? Sounds like people who can't drive worth a shit

BLK2012GT
10-30-2013, 12:08 AM
fixed

Negative

BLK2012GT
10-30-2013, 12:08 AM
Who in the hell calls that cheating? Sounds like people who can't drive worth a shit

It takes human error out of the equation. Auto all you do is point and go.

Mrjeremyt
10-30-2013, 12:21 AM
I never regret it. Feels like I'm actually driving the car, not a computer. Guess you just gotta be a "driver". I mean there's gotta be a reason every manufacturer still makes a manual, including Lamborghini, Ferrari, Porsche, Aston, you name it. There are still actual drivers out there. Ya your auto can shift faster, but that will never take place of my reaction time. Because human error and interaction is 90% of actual driving, not that sissy shit.

fordplay
10-30-2013, 07:33 AM
I love my stick, and my manual shift. If you are living your life a 1/4 mile at a time you want an auto, (ha ha I couldn't help it) other wise.. its a mustang!! An American icon!! An auto??? Wtf.. are your floor mats American flags?? I took my wife with me when we ordered ours, as we went down the order list the sales guy came to transmission, I turned to my wife and asked her if she wanted an auto, she dead cold slapped me in the face for insulting her and the car! Get an auto?? Might as well get the v6 .. select shift! Ha! If ford builds a true millisecond paddle shift setup maybe.. till then you keep your plus and minus rocker button shifter

BV600
10-30-2013, 08:37 AM
So would most of you manual guys say the gtr is a pussy car? Just curious I see a lot of people talk bad about autos but uptalk the gtr (not necessarily on here) that car is an auto with more electronic controllers than a gt.

Dominic Toretto
10-30-2013, 08:49 AM
I mean there's gotta be a reason every manufacturer still makes a manual, including Lamborghini, Ferrari, Porsche, Aston, you name it.

Your information is incorrect unless you consider paddle shifters to be true manual transmissions.

-Alex

Dominic Toretto
10-30-2013, 08:57 AM
So would most of you manual guys say the gtr is a pussy car? Just curious I see a lot of people talk bad about autos but uptalk the gtr (not necessarily on here) that car is an auto with more electronic controllers than a gt.

Seriously.

I'm sure they'll call a GTR a pussy car as they get walked in everything including a 662hp GT500 lol.

-Alex

46Tbird
10-30-2013, 10:11 AM
I'm just a throwback kinda dude. To me, a hot rod has three pedals. When driving easy, you might tach out a few extra hundred RPM before shifting - just because it sounds good. You blip the throttle to rev match coming into a corner, you nail powershifts coming out. If the light turns green and the chick in front of you is texting, you don't honk the horn. You throw a little rev.

Modern race cars have astounding performance with their dual clutch paddle shifted manualmatic gearboxes using air solenoids and hydraulic circuits to disengage one computer-modeled gear ratio and engage the next. Like nearly everything else, modern technology has made a simple thing like shifting much faster, more precise, more sterile, clinical, and... boring.

I get it that the autos are really REALLY good and really quick, but you'll never convince me they're more fun to drive. Even on a drag strip.

C9ccEQnxGoE

03MachMe
10-30-2013, 10:24 AM

There is a difference between a muscle car and an exotic. A paddle shift is ok for an exotic as it is part of the exotic experience. A muscle car should be a standard.

BERT
10-30-2013, 11:19 AM
I'm just a throwback kinda dude. To me, a hot rod has three pedals. When driving easy, you might tach out a few extra hundred RPM before shifting - just because it sounds good. You blip the throttle to rev match coming into a corner, you nail powershifts coming out. If the light turns green and the chick in front of you is texting, you don't honk the horn. You throw a little rev.

Modern race cars have astounding performance with their dual clutch paddle shifted manualmatic gearboxes using air solenoids and hydraulic circuits to disengage one computer-modeled gear ratio and engage the next. Like nearly everything else, modern technology has made a simple thing like shifting much faster, more precise, more sterile, clinical, and... boring.

I get it that the autos are really REALLY good and really quick, but you'll never convince me they're more fun to drive. Even on a drag strip.

C9ccEQnxGoE

There is just something a LITTLE more impressive about that than hearing an auto go down the track

Dominic Toretto
10-30-2013, 11:32 AM
There is a difference between a muscle car and an exotic. A paddle shift is ok for an exotic as it is part of the exotic experience. A muscle car should be a standard.

I understand your point. But there are also other archaic designs that are just ridiculous to try to use against modern technology and claim "a ____ car needs to be."

Truth is, the market determines what ____ car needs to be. That's why Ferrari hasn't offered a manual in years, Porsche's most aggressive track car is now ONLY an automatic and the GTR is able to crush cars with much more power and slaughter cars (that on paper) should be faster around any track.

Time moves on. So to respectively counter "A muscle car should be a standard" I say "A muscle car should be able to effectively compete against the target cars" And that will not continue with a traditional manual transmission.

-Alex

Sieran
10-30-2013, 11:50 AM
Why do people argue over this? Some people like to drive a manual. Some people like to drive an auto.

It is not that hard to comprehend.

As far as performance, each has its own area to excel. The auto in this car is great for straight lines or maybe some light road course... but is nothing compared to say a DSG transmission that can shift up/down in less than half a second. They put one of those in these cars and I could see there being more of an argument to retire the manual.

Until then, each to their own.

I like my manual no matter how much I suck at the drag strip. I have fun driving it even if I am not breaking records.

Grandpa
10-30-2013, 11:59 AM

LMAO, so true. In your case I can understand the auto. Big power cars just eat drivetrain parts like nothing to it. In my case, I have no intention of making more than 750rw and I drive like an old woman most of the time so I will enjoy rowing my gears until I'm old like you and need an auto. :D :driver:

BV600
10-30-2013, 01:57 PM
So the whole reason I made this thread was I miss the bangin of the Gears. I do think with a stall Id be more happy with my Auto, i'm not unhappy with it but if I hit the strip a little more would enjoy it if that makes sense.
My auto z28 with a stall gears cam nitrous was probably one of the most fun cars I've had and it was an auto, More than my 650ish hp 12 gt, my C5Z, and my stroker supercharged GTO.

Grandpa
10-30-2013, 02:46 PM

A pussy car? Certainly not. It's a marvel of modern technology and a amazing machine in every aspect. BUT, I will tell you from personal experience driving a stock one and a heavily modded one - they are the most boring sports car I have ever driven in my life. The cars are SO stable and has so many technical on-board babysitters it's practically taken the driver out of the equation. My wife's 88 year old grandmother could seriously pilot one down the track and run a good number cuz the computers do everything but push down the go pedal and steer it.

In fact, the ONLY time the car feels fast is from a deadstop launch but then when it stabilizes after the first 60ft you lose that fast feeling cuz the computers are controlling everything.

Fast as hell? Absoultely.

Fun to drive? 2 out of 10.

C9ccEQnxGoE

Agreed and very well said, Danny.

I agree, at least for a street car. Autos are great for the track, but you lose the feel of a car with an auto. An auto car to ME, feels very numb.

So the whole reason I made this thread was I miss the bangin of the Gears. I do think with a stall Id be more happy with my Auto, i'm not unhappy with it but if I hit the strip a little more would enjoy it if that makes sense.
My auto z28 with a stall gears cam nitrous was probably one of the most fun cars I've had and it was an auto, More than my 650ish hp 12 gt, my C5Z, and my stroker supercharged GTO.

Auto cars can be fast, no question about it, but it's still not the same. As stated above, just kind of ...numb.

Junkie (Will) is a perfect example of what can be done with an auto car. His CTS-V put a hurting on some FAST fuckin cars on the highway. Boost, spray and a nice stalled auto is very, very tough to beat. He was beating..no..destroying cars that were making a couple hundred more RW than he was, but they would lose a length or two on every shift and big HP stick cars shock the tires MUCH harder than an auto car does.

Meanwhile he is destroying all these cars, they are rowing gears and he his sitting there playing with the stereo controls on the steering wheel waiting to see if they are going to fetch him or not.

It comes down to personal preference. Like Junkie, you can go out and get a ton of kills with a auto car like his V. Winning races is fun no question about it. But even he has a his bolt on Viper to row gears with and he's having a blast with it.

I'm okay with being a lil slower, having to pedal my car for traction because I LOVE driving my car. If I wanted a boring point and shoot car, I would have gotten into electronic box bracket racing.

kdanner
10-30-2013, 04:15 PM
I love manual transmissions. Not the junk like the MT82 or anything Tremec makes, the real deal Jerico/Gforce/Liberty stuff. Of course that totally eliminates the BS of "it takes skill", which is nothing more than an excuse for a POS transmission. You aren't going to miss gears with the good stuff, the only possibility for driver error is to shift at the wrong time, which is no different than an automatic with a manual valve body.

wbt
10-30-2013, 05:16 PM
My wife's car has an MT-82 so when I feel the need to stick something into a corner and row the gears it does just that.

My auto with a loose converter is still more fun to drive on the street in a straight line. Flashing the converter makes for a nice "blip".

Grandpa
10-30-2013, 05:29 PM
My wife's car has an MT-82 so when I feel the need to stick something into a corner and row the gears it does just that.

My auto with a loose converter is still more fun to drive on the street in a straight line. Flashing the converter makes for a nice "blip".

The right convertor is definitely key with an auto on the street. The wrong selection can make street driving absolutely miserable even though it might haul ass in a straight line.

wbt
10-30-2013, 10:48 PM
The right convertor is definitely key with an auto on the street. The wrong selection can make street driving absolutely miserable even though it might haul ass in a straight line.

That's even subjective. Some have higher tolerance for certain things vs. others. ;)

How about those 2015 Mustangs? Seems to be a lot of "Internet rumors" flowing. It will be interesting to see what Ford does however I will never own one.

Dominic Toretto
10-30-2013, 11:17 PM
It will be interesting to see what Ford does however I will never own one.

Why is that?

-Alex

Courtesy Flush
10-31-2013, 12:07 AM
Why is that?

-Alex

I'm not speaking for wbt but, if i was guessing.
One of the fastest N/A 5.0L mustangs around and getting faster.
Setup that works for 1/4 duty and daily.

Stick with what works and continues to perform. Whats upsetting is some F/I cars havent even come close to a 10 second 1/4 mile :boxing:

Also initial photos of new body looks like a mut. Fusion or mustang, New age or modern? Does ford even know?

wbt
10-31-2013, 01:06 AM
Why is that?

-Alex

Just doesn't appeal to me. Not a fan of IRS and if they come up with a way to make more power that I can retrofit, then no real need to change.

The IRS stuff is probably the biggest deal breaker. It is one of the reasons I dumped my 2010 Camaro SS for a 2011 Mustang GT. So much more expensive to make it reliable enough for consistent strip duty.

The "Coyote Tax" will be renewed all over again as well. :(

BERT
10-31-2013, 09:56 AM
I love manual transmissions. Not the junk like the MT82 or anything Tremec makes, the real deal Jerico/Gforce/Liberty stuff. Of course that totally eliminates the BS of "it takes skill", which is nothing more than an excuse for a POS transmission. You aren't going to miss gears with the good stuff, the only possibility for driver error is to shift at the wrong time, which is no different than an automatic with a manual valve body.

So as long as you don't have to use the clutch to shift gears, you love a manual transmission lol

Crimson600+HP
10-31-2013, 12:29 PM
Well, the new C7 manual transmission has a no-lift shift capability. Keep the right foot in and only use the left. That would take some getting used to.

Grandpa
10-31-2013, 02:03 PM
Well, the new C7 manual transmission has a no-lift shift capability. Keep the right foot in and only use the left. That would take some getting used to.

Its easy. I've been powershifting Mustangs like that for years. lol

46Tbird
10-31-2013, 02:14 PM

You mean just like every Fox body ever made? Impressive!

Works okay on an MT82, too...

kdanner
10-31-2013, 02:45 PM
So as long as you don't have to use the clutch to shift gears, you love a manual transmission lol

Not at all, in fact I've never driven one with split sliders, only clutch assisted ones. I do think the clutchless would be even better though.

BERT
10-31-2013, 02:48 PM
Not at all, in fact I've never driven one with split sliders, only clutch assisted ones. I do think the clutchless would be even better though.

So what's so bad about a Tremec? I've used a 3550 and a TKO before and they seemed to work just fine. Of course, I say that never having used a G-Force or Liberty tranny.

kdanner
10-31-2013, 02:49 PM
So what's so bad about a Tremec? I've used a 3550 and a TKO before and they seemed to work just fine. Of course, I say that never having used a G-Force or Liberty tranny.

Ever try to shift a tremec at high RPM? You can fix it, then you've spent more than a jerico would be to begin with and you still have a weaker trans. Still can't get an inline shifter for it either.

BERT
10-31-2013, 02:59 PM
Ever try to shift a tremec at high RPM? You can fix it, then you've spent more than a jerico would be to begin with and you still have a weaker trans. Still can't get an inline shifter for it either.

I guess not. Mine was in an '89 and usually didn't get above 5500 lol

kdanner
10-31-2013, 03:02 PM

Yeah that'd make a difference. Above 7000 the 3550/TKO gets uncooperative, and the 6060/Magnum does too.

Grandpa
10-31-2013, 03:35 PM

At high RPM's the early model T5 and Tremec's suffered from the cases flexing. A lot of times when people thought it was power breaking them it was really the high RPM's. Same the with blocks. Harmonics were a killer with the cheap stock'ish type parts.

Dan12GT
11-01-2013, 01:40 PM
I love my manual (mt-82) and wouldn't have it any other way. To me a muscle car MUST come with a manual transmission its just part of the equation when it comes to owning one. I will never own a car with more than 300hp without a manual transmission. That's just my opinion on what I like, and I think most can agree. I have also been driving manuals since I learned to drive so I am a bit bias.

I would only own an auto in my wife's car (Nissan Altima 4cyl.) or if I was a hard core drag racer. I am not a hard core drag racer and never will be so all my muscle cars no matter how heavily modified will be manuals.

The MT-82 is also NOT a racing transmission at any length. A definite slight short coming with Ford when you look at what the motor is capable of but again if you are not heavily modified and don't beat the shit out of it the MT-82 it is perfect for what the car is as it comes from the factory, which ford intended its use for.

If you complain it won't hold hold up to 700hp, 5500rpm launches, or WOT shifting well no SHIT!

Crimson600+HP
11-01-2013, 03:40 PM
Right now I get to play the game on how long the stock clutch is going to last with my P1SC on. Each have transmissions have their perks, but unless Ford drops a paddle shifting single/dual clutch automatic that is good (not the rocker switch crap, don't flame about that comment), you won't see me in one.

BERT
11-01-2013, 03:54 PM
I love my manual (mt-82) and wouldn't have it any other way. To me a muscle car MUST come with a manual transmission its just part of the equation when it comes to owning one. I will never own a car with more than 300hp without a manual transmission. That's just my opinion on what I like, and I think most can agree. I have also been driving manuals since I learned to drive so I am a bit bias.

I would only own an auto in my wife's car (Nissan Altima 4cyl.) or if I was a hard core drag racer. I am not a hard core drag racer and never will be so all my muscle cars no matter how heavily modified will be manuals.

The MT-82 is also NOT a racing transmission at any length. A definite slight short coming with Ford when you look at what the motor is capable of but again if you are not heavily modified and don't beat the shit out of it the MT-82 it is perfect for what the car is as it comes from the factory, which ford intended its use for.

If you complain it won't hold hold up to 700hp, 5500rpm launches, or WOT shifting well no SHIT!

Sounds like the T5 of the 6speeds lol

GTOphil
11-01-2013, 09:12 PM
I've had 5 "performance" cars (not all were muscle cars) and this is the ONLY auto I've had.

I'm happy.

I got tired of buying clutches, traffic and the tediousness of it on a daily basis.

Love the 5.0 (though it needs more power) and am really enjoying this auto. It's a GREAT cruiser- took a summer trip to St. Louis and back and got just over 26 mpg with an extra 500 lbs in it on a stock tune.

unit_three
11-02-2013, 12:13 AM
I drove stick for 10 consecutive years from the age of 18 until I was 28. My car is an auto now and I don't really care what other people think. Only one guy gave me shit about it but he drove an older V6 so I told him he could talk crap about my car the day he has one faster. Shut him right up.

Doug1227
11-02-2013, 02:53 PM
I really enjoy driving a manual. For me, it was more about the 6r80 being a better transmission than the mt82. Like mentioned above, I knew I wouldn't have to put a clutch in it or worry about breaking it. Hell, I even picked the power adder that was most suited to not having to mess with it ( add a converter) etc. If they offered a bullet proof manual with a perfect clutch, I probably would have chosen it instead.

GTRacerX
11-02-2013, 07:32 PM

Agreed, I would never buy a muscle car or any sports car with an automatic transmission if I had the choice.

fordplay
11-04-2013, 08:36 AM
I agree with crimson, if Ford sources a paddle shift from Ferrari or Lamborghini I'm in for an auto, till then.. dang there are few things in life that compare to the fun of driving a good manual trans in a powerful car, and the mt82 in my car has never hung up or locked me out, and compared to the old manuals its light years ahead, its a shorty stock, it has internal stops and it shifts like butter. You can't replace the feeling of sitting at a light with one hand on the shifter and feeling the engine vibrate and occasionally shudder under your hand, or launching off that light and getting all excited for that redline-lift-clutch-second-dump-throttle.. moment where you and the car breathe and move as one.. or the heel toe downshift when you stick it perfect going into that turn and the up shift as you power out of it...

GTOphil
11-04-2013, 12:10 PM
OR...that moment when you have an aftermarket clutch and you sit in 45 minutes of stop and go traffic with a 400 + hp muscle car doing nothing but wondering about how much clutch life you're sacrificing to have a "man's car"....

fordplay
11-05-2013, 08:45 AM
No, that does not bother me, its like worrying about the tires every time you launch or slide a corner, just the price of business, like killing spiders for women, and guys that drive automatic muscle cars!!! Ooohh cheap shot sorry!! Ha ha. We all have our preference, there is nothing wrong with either, just passionate people on both side of the fence. Just to prove no hard feelings us manual guys will climb over the fence to shake your hands, because we know you auto guys can't climb a fence due to bad hips and knees, because otherwise you'd own a manual!!

five.slow
11-06-2013, 12:29 AM
OR...that moment when you have an aftermarket clutch and you sit in 45 minutes of stop and go traffic with a 400 + hp muscle car doing nothing but wondering about how much clutch life you're sacrificing to have a "man's car"....

more like when is my leg gonna give out...

i love having a stick car but for me its just getting a little old. if we take the car anywhere and i decided i dont wanna drive or have a beer i cant because my wife cant drive a stick car for shit.

fordplay
11-06-2013, 07:54 AM
So then teach her!!! I just called my insurance company and got my discount for owning a stick shift!! That's a thing now!!

Dominic Toretto
11-06-2013, 10:20 AM
So then teach her!!! I just called my insurance company and got my discount for owning a stick shift!! That's a thing now!!

So insurance companies are giving Mustang owners a discount since they will have more frequent repair costs with manuals... pretty cool :P.

-Alex

04sleeper
11-06-2013, 10:37 AM
I really enjoy driving a manual. For me, it was more about the 6r80 being a better transmission than the mt82. Like mentioned above, I knew I wouldn't have to put a clutch in it or worry about breaking it. Hell, I even picked the power adder that was most suited to not having to mess with it ( add a converter) etc. If they offered a bullet proof manual with a perfect clutch, I probably would have chosen it instead.
Pretty much this.

If the mt82 wasn't such a piece of shit compared to the 6R80, I might have gone with it.

Just the fact is that the 6R80 is so much better than the mt82 I couldn't see buying a car knowing it had a piece if shit trans.

No new shifter, bushings, hoses, clutch, etc.... You shouldn't have to dump thousands into a trans to make it work or hold power.

Grandpa
11-06-2013, 10:45 AM
No new shifter, bushings, hoses, clutch, etc.... You shouldn't have to dump thousands into a trans to make it work or hold power.

You seemed to have already forgot these cars are complete turds in NA form. lmao.

BERT
11-06-2013, 11:36 AM
You seemed to have already forgot these cars are complete turds in NA form. lmao.

Compared to what? All the 1000hp "street" cars around here?

JDMLOL
11-06-2013, 11:46 AM

I love this site, but I really hate seeing comments similar to this one so frequently. Must we constantly reiterate the fact these cars are complete shit compared to 1000 hp cars? Most production cars can't hold a candle to our cars much less a 1000 hp one.

Grandpa
11-06-2013, 11:56 AM
I love this site, but I really hate seeing comments similar to this one so frequently. Must we constantly reiterate the fact these cars are complete shit compared to 1000 hp cars? Most production cars can't hold a candle to our cars much less a 1000 hp one.

It's an inside joke, relax.

BLK2012GT
11-06-2013, 12:20 PM

All cars with TF wheels are complete turds NA.

Grandpa
11-06-2013, 12:21 PM
All cars with TF wheels are complete turds NA.

Ain't that the damn truth! :happy175:

BERT
11-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Ain't that the damn truth! :happy175:

Are you and your turd going to be out there Friday night?

Grandpa
11-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Are you and your turd going to be out there Friday night?

There is some pretty cool races being talked about and I haven't been out in awhile so I'm considering it. I know there was a decent turnout last week from some of the DR group, but not many Stangers. I need to get out and attempt to be social again. After all this rain going for a drive sounds like a nice needed break.

BERT
11-06-2013, 01:09 PM
There is some pretty cool races being talked about and I haven't been out in awhile so I'm considering it. I know there was a decent turnout last week from some of the DR group, but not many Stangers. I need to get out and attempt to be social again. After all this rain going for a drive sounds like a nice needed break.

Thought you were going out there last Friday? Let me know if you go, i'm going to try and make it out. Don't know how long i'll stay, I don't like cold weather lol

Grandpa
11-06-2013, 01:13 PM
Thought you were going out there last Friday? Let me know if you go, i'm going to try and make it out. Don't know how long i'll stay, I don't like cold weather lol

I was going to, but my plans got changed for me. I didn't have much say in it.

I love the cool weather, its WAY better than that insane heat we get here in Texas. It's not miserably cold yet, but I'm sure that will be here before long. I hope to make it out Friday night because this weekend is filled with family stuff again.

BERT
11-06-2013, 01:18 PM
I was going to, but my plans got changed for me. I didn't have much say in it.

I love the cool weather, its WAY better than that insane heat we get here in Texas. It's not miserably cold yet, but I'm sure that will be here before long. I hope to make it out Friday night because this weekend is filled with family stuff again.

LOL, ok. I'll let you know Friday what I'm doing.