PDA

View Full Version : Bama race tune

Bacadiesel
10-22-2013, 01:51 AM
Is anything wrong/bad with Bama? I've had mine for 2 months now probs but I read some of the comments recently and people are against it.

Bacadiesel
10-22-2013, 01:56 AM
No probs*

BLK2012GT
10-22-2013, 03:00 AM
Get rid of it and go to a shop and get it tuned.

garner
10-22-2013, 03:22 AM
Honestly bama tunes aren't bad. But you're sacrificing power and no email tune is gonna be as good as a dyno tune

re-rx7
10-22-2013, 08:51 AM
Honestly bama tunes aren't bad. But you're sacrificing power and no email tune is gonna be as good as a dyno tune

hit the nail on the head.

Bacadiesel
10-22-2013, 12:13 PM
Where do you guys recommend for a dyno tune?

merlinmol
10-22-2013, 12:32 PM
HPP in lewisville or 04Sleeper on this forum are the 2 best known.

Bacadiesel
10-22-2013, 12:38 PM
Ok cool

re-rx7
10-22-2013, 12:46 PM
I might actually give true street a try.

lolvtec
10-22-2013, 12:50 PM
What's the average cost for a tune from one of the local options? I've been debating on bama or custom.

DirtyD
10-22-2013, 12:59 PM
What's the average cost for a tune from one of the local options? I've been debating on bama or custom.
$300-$400 for the initial tune, then it's typically shop dyno rate for retunes ($75-$90/hr)

BLK2012GT
10-22-2013, 02:24 PM
TrueStreet FTW!!!!!!!

Dominic Toretto
10-22-2013, 04:24 PM
Yeah Frank, nothing "wrong" with a BAMA but, they are pre-ordered tunes. I would think however, that they should all be the same since the cars are coming off an assembly line and all the factory tunes are the same.

-Alex

G-Mann
10-25-2013, 12:00 AM
Nothing wrong with a bama tune. I thought mine was the shit until I got a dyno tune.

Bacadiesel
10-25-2013, 12:56 AM
Cool I'll be getting a dyno tune soon then

wbt
10-25-2013, 01:04 AM
My car has never been on a dyno. With the 2011+ cars there is no need for a dyno tune. Once a tuner is satisfied with their Ti-VCT settings, the rest can be done remotely. Having widebands on these cars makes all the difference.

Also, you aren't going to set shift points for an auto on the dyno. There is no better tuning than on the street/track for these cars.

Yes an email tune can be more effective with good data logging and a tuner that knows what they are doing.

BERT
10-25-2013, 09:56 AM
My car has never been on a dyno. With the 2011+ cars there is no need for a dyno tune. Once a tuner is satisfied with their Ti-VCT settings, the rest can be done remotely. Having widebands on these cars makes all the difference.

Also, you aren't going to set shift points for an auto on the dyno. There is no better tuning than on the street/track for these cars.

Yes an email tune can be more effective with good data logging and a tuner that knows what they are doing.

Yeah but we're not all professionals around here

JDBishopArts
10-25-2013, 10:28 AM

x2.

Mine was only on the dyno once just for fun to see what it made. Some shops,not all shops, that dyno tune only tune for WOT which sometimes causes severe driveability issues. We street tuned mine and I'm very happy with it. Drives like stock.

Mrjeremyt
10-25-2013, 02:01 PM
I've had my bama tune for over 6 months and no problems. I agree with WBT, the cars practically think for themselves, just changing the variables in the pcm is all that's needed unless you're doing forced induction or nitrous.

G-Mann
10-25-2013, 09:06 PM
There seem to be only a couple few email tuners that really work with you to get you dialed in and Bama is not one of them was my experience. They are a cookie cutter tuner, but they do make a nice tune for the not so heavily modded. I do agree that if you work with one of these few that do work with you to get you dialed in, it is just as effective as a dyno tune.

When Travis dyno tuned my ride, he spent a good amount of time on the road making tweaks in between it being on the dyno. It did not see track time but it did get dyno and street time for its final calibration. The nice thing about the dyno is you can wind it out in 5th gear, try finding a spot to do that when your data logging on the street, I know, I've tried and always had to shut her down before I get there. That is a lose your license on the spot data log.

Oxford14Stang
10-26-2013, 11:04 AM
No need for a dyno tune really. Not for the cost. Talk to Kevin Dunn(04sleeper) on the forum. He had a twin turbo 5.0 that he tuned himself, ask anyone who has had him tune their cars. No issues and runs great!