PDA

View Full Version : Driveshaft vs. Warranty

Dominic Toretto
10-20-2013, 12:25 PM
I am wanting to add a single-piece driveshaft to my car. However, I am concerned that it could void the powertrain warranty. Anyone know if this could?

-Alex

JDMLOL
10-20-2013, 12:30 PM
I am wanting to add a single-piece driveshaft to my car. However, I am concerned that it could void the powertrain warranty. Anyone know if this could?

-Alex

Ive had hell with my mods when I took my car into certain dealers. Depends on where you take it. Park cities seems to be friendlier than others on light mods.

Dominic Toretto
10-20-2013, 12:34 PM
Ive had hell with my mods when I took my car into certain dealers. Depends on where you take it. Park cities seems to be friendlier than others on light mods.

I figured. I have 40k miles on my car so I don't care about mods that are not dealing with the trans, engine or diff. I do suppose that if I did have issues I could just have the factory DS put back on lol.

-Alex

donutninja
10-20-2013, 01:15 PM
I asked my service guy at Five Star Ford and he pretty much told no superchargers or turbos, that as long as it doesn't mess with with the ECU, or can be directly traced to the cause of a warrantied issue, then it's ok.

Now, weather you can prove the diff was at fault or the driveshaft (for example) vs what the dealership is going to say... that's another story.

I've had a lot of friends that just keep all their factory parts in the garage for dealership reasons. lol

downtime!
10-20-2013, 04:36 PM
Questions like these always make me smile. And they always remind me why I never buy extended warranties.

I voided the warranty on the '12 about 40 minutes after I bought the car.

Have fun, do what you want, fix what you break. Simple as that.

Dealer mechanics will NEVER touch any car that I own.

Dominic Toretto
10-20-2013, 04:50 PM
Questions like these always make me smile. And they always remind me why I never buy extended warranties.

I voided the warranty on the '12 about 40 minutes after I bought the car.

Have fun, do what you want, fix what you break. Simple as that.

Dealer mechanics will NEVER touch any car that I own.

You're a rich mofo. I'm not :(

-Alex

downtime!
10-20-2013, 06:21 PM
You're a rich mofo. I'm not :(

-AlexRich is a relative term, and I'm far from it. I was doing the same thing when I made $8.00 an hour working in a warehouse (admittedly, a long time ago).

It's how you choose to play the game. I've never been scared of breaking one, whatever it is, it's nothing that can be fixed.

Cars have always been my priority, to the near exclusion of everything else (food, rent, new clothes, etc). Too many people trying to serve too many masters these days. It's hard, and expensive, to have a nice place, nice car, wear nice clothes, do trendy shit, impress a girl, etc.

Unless you're rich. Then, not so much.

Outside of that, consider it all justification for higher education.

Dominic Toretto
10-20-2013, 06:35 PM
Just messing with you man :).

-Alex

downtime!
10-20-2013, 11:33 PM
Just messing with you man :).

-AlexI know, no worries. Just have fun with it, and if you have to take it in, hope you get a cool service manager!