PDA

View Full Version : Roush TVS vs Magnuson TVS

OG Fox
10-17-2013, 01:18 AM
Roush TVS is pullied down with CAI
Magnuson is on stock pulley and oem cold air.

FxJ0icy36mM

GunsUp
10-17-2013, 05:48 AM
:rockit:

virtu
10-17-2013, 07:18 AM
Fast meets faster!

CSICKS
10-17-2013, 09:48 AM
Nice runs, good comparison on different rolls! What HP these cars?

JDBishopArts
10-17-2013, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the vid Dale! It was a fun run.

CSICKS
10-17-2013, 11:28 AM
Nice runs, good comparison on different rolls! What HP these cars?

Lol Must be a secret

DirtyD
10-17-2013, 11:57 AM
Josh hasn't dynoed his yet, and should be around the 550-560 range. Scott I think is low 500s, maybe just under 500?

CSICKS
10-17-2013, 12:00 PM
Josh hasn't dynoed his yet, and should be around the 550-560 range. Scott I think is low 500s, maybe just under 500?

Oh ok thats kind of what I figured!

Grandpa
10-17-2013, 02:23 PM
Oh ok thats kind of what I figured!

Don't pay attention to anything Dirty D says. He's the highest level internet mechanic around here. Haha.

Merlin's car makes around 550rw, Josh's car is most likely around the 600rw area but he hasn't dyno'd it yet.

Merlin is also on tires/suspension more appropriate for road racing rather than drag racing/highway pulls. Both cars are badass at what they were meant to do.

DirtyD
10-17-2013, 02:31 PM
Don't pay attention to anything Dirty D says. He's the highest level internet mechanic around here. Haha.

Merlin's car makes around 550rw, Josh's car is most likely around the 600rw area but he hasn't dyno'd it yet.

Merlin is also on tires/suspension more appropriate for road racing rather than drag racing/highway pulls. Both cars are badass at what they were meant to do.
You fail, old man. I'm far from the highest level mechanic, but instead benchracer. Get your shit right. :p

Fastest the TVS has been able to go at the track was 11.62 at 124 with a 1.95 60ft. The 20's and 3.73s are hurting it. It's more built as a good handling street car. Has a lot of suspension work too.

The Sema car has only been out once and I think he ran a 12.2 on 20" Michelin SS. And
It was his first time on the track.

TVS car mods are:
Roush 2.3 with 82mm. 15.5 degrees of timing. Conservative tune. Should make around 560.
Leathal o/r h
'13 gt500 axleback
H&r race springs
KONI yellows
BMR adj panhard
BMR LCAs and brackets
Eibach adj front and rear sways
Forgestar 20" cf10s in brushed titanium
Invos on front and 555rs on rear.

Sema car is a sema car. It's got a ton of mods. It's beautiful.

Maggy set up on stock pulley.
Pro tune
Willwood brakes
Rear seat delete
Recaro racing seats
20" forge lines in copper on Michelin SS.
Coils
Wide open custom exhaust with quad tips.

I'm sure many more I missed. He's a good dude.

Straight from his post on SVTP.

Once he gets the E85 conversion, THEN he will be around 600 hp.

Josh's setup is just as streetable as Scott's is.

I do admit I don't remember Scott's power level, but I imagine I did undershoot it a little.

Grandpa
10-17-2013, 02:44 PM
You fail, old man. I'm far from the highest level mechanic, but instead benchracer. Get your shit right. :p

Straight from his post on SVTP.

Once he gets the E85 conversion, THEN he will be around 600 hp.

Josh's setup is just as streetable as Scott's is.

I do admit I don't remember Scott's power level, but I imagine I did undershoot it a little.

Yeah, cuz no one down plays their car on the internet, that's impossible! lol

He went 124mph on 20's spinning with a conservative tune. That should tell you something.

Dan12GT
10-17-2013, 02:48 PM
Josh's made I think 535 on the smaller pully / current pully at TS. I think he's since thrown some timing at it because it was on the rich end.

If I were to guess 560-580 range.

I'm sure he can give the full specifics.

Dan12GT
10-17-2013, 02:50 PM
Guess it pays to read first. I was pretty close.

maxpayne
10-17-2013, 02:55 PM
Damn, the sound coming out of that vid is redic. Love it.

Also, when doing these pulls, do each car have a driver and a passenger?

DirtyD
10-17-2013, 02:57 PM
Yeah, cuz no one down plays their car on the internet, that's impossible! lol

He went 124mph on 20's spinning with a conservative tune. That should tell you something.

Conservative is still the key word. Josh may be downplaying it a little, but he is the type of guy to still be truthful in his word.

DirtyD
10-17-2013, 02:59 PM
Damn, the sound coming out of that vid is redic. Love it.

Also, when doing these pulls, do each car have a driver and a passenger?
Yes. Each car has a passenger.

Grandpa
10-17-2013, 03:08 PM
Conservative is still the key word. Josh may be downplaying it a little, but he is the type of guy to still be truthful in his word.

I'm not saying he isn't. I'm sure after another certain situation around here I doubt anyone will overplay what their car is capable of performance wise again. lol.

DirtyD
10-17-2013, 03:19 PM
I'm not saying he isn't. I'm sure after another certain situation around here I doubt anyone will overplay what their car is capable of performance wise again. lol.
In that case, under the current situation, I make 450 hp.....

Grandpa
10-17-2013, 03:29 PM
In that case, under the current situation, I make 450 hp.....

That's plenty of power for hauling smelly puppies and purses. I proudly hold the title for the slowest 5.0 here.

DirtyD
10-17-2013, 03:37 PM
That's plenty of power for hauling smelly puppies and purses. I proudly hold the title for the slowest 5.0 here.
Tucker actually doesn't smell. Still has that faint scent of puppy smell to tell the truth.

As for purses, Stephanie's damn purse makes my car weigh as much as a Camaro. :lol:

CSICKS
10-17-2013, 03:49 PM
It doesn't make sense to downplay slow though:confused:

Grandpa
10-17-2013, 03:57 PM
Tucker actually doesn't smell. Still has that faint scent of puppy smell to tell the truth.

As for purses, Stephanie's damn purse makes my car weigh as much as a Camaro. :lol:

You're just used to it now, but ALL dogs smell and I guarantee if your dog rides in your car it smells too from the dog dander.

It doesn't make sense to downplay slow though:confused:

It keeps those pesky legitimate fast cars away from picking on you when you say your car is slow. In my case though, my car really is slow. It's stock and I'm an old fat guy who can't shift for shit.

DirtyD
10-17-2013, 04:05 PM
You're just used to it now, but ALL dogs smell and I guarantee if your dog rides in your car it smells too from the dog dander.

It keeps those pesky legitimate fast cars away from picking on you when you say your car is slow. In my case though, my car really is slow. It's stock and I'm an old fat guy who can't shift for shit.
Being an inside dog, you'd be surprised.

JDBishopArts
10-17-2013, 04:38 PM
Lol. Nothing to hide here. I really just don't know what it makes. Yes I should be in the 560-570 range. I'm only at 15.5 degress of timing. I think the average for my pulley/combo is 17-17.5. However in the cold my car might be giving itself some extra timing. I got on it on the way home from Rosas last night and I could def feel a difference in the pull. It's quick but it's not a beast.

The idea is I'll be switching to E85 next month with the ambition to make 600. There should be no reason I shouldn't be at or over 600 on a conservative tune. At that point I'll be done. At least for a while till I can get an aluminator. Then I'll pulley down and shoot for 700-750.

I don't care how fast it is at the track. I totally respect people who are pushing for certain times at the track. I think it's really cool to see their progress. I'd rather have a great handling pretty quick street car I can do just about everything with. I had such a great time at the Mustang VS Camaro event. Drove there, ran a pretty respectable 1/4 mile time, finished 4th overall at autox, (although my best time was good for 2nd and I'm an idiot and forgot to tighten up my suspension) and drove it home. I'm building it to stay together. I'd rather run an 11.6 at 124 and break the tires a little loose than 11.0 and break something else. Although getting loose going into 4th wasn't fun. haha I still think there must have been something on the track.

I'm really happy with the car. If you see me talking crap I'm just playing around. I'll be the first to bust someones balls and the first to bust my own. It's all in good fun. I'll race anyone for fun. That's what this group should be about. Supporting each others wants with their cars. Hopefully a few people will learn it's not worth it acting a fool. haha

All that being said ...

KING OF THE BEST LOOKING 5.0s CLUB RIGHT HERE!

:fuckyea:

Grandpa
10-17-2013, 04:50 PM
I don't care how fast it is at the track. I totally respect people who are pushing for certain times at the track. I think it's really cool to see their progress. I'd rather have a great handling pretty quick street car I can do just about everything with.

:fuckyea:

I'm with ya 100% on that one, Josh. Exactly what I'm wanting to do as well.

How does is it feel compared to the Cobra?

merlinmol
10-17-2013, 05:06 PM
Until you actually Dyno it's hard to say. The other thing is I had Dale in my car and he had Jeff, near impossible to judge. We will be doing another set of runs with no passengers. We weighed our cars at Ennis. Mine was 3818 with me in it and his was 3887 or something like that with him in it. The 2nd run was more accurate for what we were running that night. The first i was perma spinning 1 and 2. Probably the most fun races I have had since they were so close.

DirtyD
10-17-2013, 05:09 PM
Until you actually Dyno it's hard to say. The other thing is I had Dale in my car and he had Jeff, near impossible to judge. We will be doing another set of runs with no passengers. We weighed our cars at Ennis. Mine was 3818 with me in it and his was 3887 or something like that with him in it. The 2nd run was more accurate for what we were running that night. The first i was perma spinning 1 and 2. Probably the most fun races I have had since they were so close.
Yeah, I liked the 2nd race. Pretty easy to tell you had traction issues in the first race. Yeah for low speed rolls on street tires. haha

JDBishopArts
10-17-2013, 05:48 PM
Excuses excuses ;)

garner
10-17-2013, 08:31 PM

Psh. That's all me, everybody knows green is the slowest color lol