PDA

View Full Version : Panhard bar question

BERT
10-16-2013, 06:10 PM
If this has been covered I apologize.

Do you have to buy a relocation bracket or the support bar when putting a panhard bar on?

DirtyD
10-16-2013, 06:25 PM
No on the relocation, unless you plan to use the larger diff cover. As for the brace, if you can afford it, why not? I don't see any harm in replacing it. I've yet to really see a comparison on why you should though.

El_Tortuga
10-17-2013, 01:32 PM
I bought the better bracket when I bought the Whiteline adjustable. Not sure if ifs really needed or not.

I installed all when I lowered the car, and together they made a big difference in composing the suspension moverment AND wheel hop.

Grandpa
10-17-2013, 02:12 PM
My BMR Panhard bar bolted right in, Bert. It's been great so far. No rattling, no wheel hop etc. Very solid piece.

BERT
10-17-2013, 02:17 PM
My BMR Panhard bar bolted right in, Bert. It's been great so far. No rattling, no wheel hop etc. Very solid piece.

That's the one i'll be going with. Just have to order the damn thing.

Are there any shops in the Dallas area that are walk in shops? I know of Dallas Mustang but anybody else?

Grandpa
10-17-2013, 02:26 PM
That's the one i'll be going with. Just have to order the damn thing.

Are there any shops in the Dallas area that are walk in shops? I know of Dallas Mustang but anybody else?

True Street Motorsports in McKinney. It's the shop with the best customer service in DFW you will find.

DirtyD
10-17-2013, 02:39 PM
Vorshlag Motorsports in Plano can definitely hook you up with installing and adjusting the suspension components.

BERT
10-17-2013, 02:51 PM
Either one of those have parts in stock where I can just walk in and buy the parts I need? I ask cause I try to avoid ordering online if I can

DirtyD
10-17-2013, 02:59 PM
Either one of those have parts in stock where I can just walk in and buy the parts I need? I ask cause I try to avoid ordering online if I can
Vorshlag I think deals and stocks Whiteline Suspension, which is still a great company along side BMR. I think TS does BMR, but I am not sure if they stock anything.

BERT
10-17-2013, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the info

Grandpa
10-17-2013, 03:01 PM

You can have TS order the parts for you. If there is any trouble at all with the suppliers TS would handle it for you. However, ordering yourself online from a vendor out of state can save you some money avoiding paying taxes.

As for showrooms and in stock items. Dallas Mustang and Lonestar have the largest stocked items and showrooms in DFW. The issue with that is you will be limited to whatever brands they carry.

BERT
10-17-2013, 03:03 PM
You can have TS order the parts for you. If there is any trouble at all with the suppliers TS would handle it for you. However, ordering yourself online from a vendor out of state can save you some money avoiding paying taxes.

As for showrooms and in stock items. Dallas Mustang and Lonestar have the largest stocked items and showrooms in DFW. The issue with that is you will be limited to whatever brands they carry.

Yeah was hoping somebody besides those two had a parts showroom. Not that there's anything wrong with those two, i'm just never in there area.