PDA

View Full Version : German shepherd puppy

Bacadiesel
10-15-2013, 06:03 PM
I have a female german shepherd puppy for sale, 11 weeks old shots up to date.

200 obo

I have a 5 yr old gsd and I thought I could take another one but damn it's like having a little kid. Hella biting on shit and destroying shit all night.

lolvtec
10-15-2013, 06:58 PM
Pic? Maybe interested

Midnight11
10-15-2013, 07:35 PM
Pic? The description is funny though haha

Bacadiesel
10-15-2013, 09:40 PM
Only pic I have on my phone right now.

lolvtec
10-15-2013, 10:02 PM
Forgot to ask.. purebred? What's the history of the dog? Any idea how big the parents are?

Bacadiesel
10-15-2013, 10:12 PM
Purebred both mom and dad are gsd. Dad was 105lbs mom not sure but a little bit smaller so maybe 90

lolvtec
10-15-2013, 10:50 PM
What shots are left? You're in Keller?

Bacadiesel
10-15-2013, 11:11 PM
I'll call the vet tomorrow and see whens the next shots

lolvtec
10-23-2013, 03:13 PM
Baca, sorry I didn't follow up earlier.. my dog just ate a good portion of my living room carpet, so I've been dealing with that. Are you still looking to get rid of her?

JDBishopArts
10-23-2013, 05:21 PM
....sounds like you really need another dog. More or less a Shepard.

It's a shame I'm not in a house yet or I'd be happy to give it a good home.

Please leave taking care of Shepards to professionals.

lolvtec
10-23-2013, 05:27 PM
Not sure if meant to be insult, if so.. how do you train out destructive tendencies before they manifest themselves? I've had no issues with my pup before this mayhem.. she has order and exercise, but is only 8 months old.

JDBishopArts
10-23-2013, 06:20 PM
No. Just a fact. If you have a dog chewing up your carpet you probably don't need another at this time.

Discipline and consistency. Popping your dog on the butt or nose isn't beating it. Say no and punish it by popping it and then putting in in his kennel. Do this everytime he/she does anything they are not supposed to. Always give them treats and play with them when they do something good...go to the bathroom outside...shake, lay down etc. Give them plenty of different types of toys too. You have to be in charge. When they are young, it's the most important. They have to know you're in charge, but will also take care of them. I'd recommend every time you step away and sleep you put him up. That way the dog knows it's sleep/relax time. Shepards are insanely smart. They will pick up on your insecurities and weaknesses. Don't ever let them get away with something you don't want them to do.

Remember, it's a dog. Not a baby. Read up on different training techniques and find which one works best for you. Consistency is everything. Do the same thing, whether it's a discipline or a positive reinforcement. My parents used to breed pure shepards. I've had 5. We trained most of them. A few of the ones we raised went to home and personal security training and those dogs are machines. Amazing. I have a mutt white shepard currently. They need a lot of space and attention. They are hands down my favorite dog by a long shot.

Sorry if I came across rude but one of the things that bothers me most in this world are people who take on animals when they themselves don't have what it takes to be a dog owner. Not saying that was you there is just a lot of that going on. They are amazing animals and you'll never have as good of a friend. Treat it that way.

lolvtec
10-23-2013, 08:12 PM
I appreciate the response, and I understand your original sentiment.

Good advice anyway. She has been out of the kennel while I've been at work for a few months now.. this was the first incident or accident since she stopped teething, now we are back to using the kennel every day.

Dominic Toretto
10-24-2013, 08:44 AM
Ah man, ALWAYS wanted one but, I am in an apt. I might hit you Frank this weekend to see if my mom may be able to take the puppy home for herself.

-Alex

Bacadiesel
10-24-2013, 09:18 AM
Man I sold the puppy already.

I have a full grown male german shepherd that I trained and he is an amazing dog and friend but I didn't have the time to go through all that training with the puppy.

Dominic Toretto
10-24-2013, 10:27 AM
Man I sold the puppy already.

I have a full grown male german shepherd that I trained and he is an amazing dog and friend but I didn't have the time to go through all that training with the puppy.

No worries. Rare deal, just caught it too late. More money for mods lol.

-Alex

Bacadiesel
10-24-2013, 10:56 AM
If you really want one I can see if the lady I bought them from still has some

Dominic Toretto
10-24-2013, 12:05 PM
If you really want one I can see if the lady I bought them from still has some

I'll check with you later and see if my mom wants a dog. The dog wouldn't really be for me.

-Alex