PDA

View Full Version : Tire question

GunsUp
10-14-2013, 12:31 PM
Looking to get a good all weather tire. Something in the middle. Nothing super cheap but nothing super expensive.

255/45/19

Opinions?

DirtyD
10-14-2013, 01:13 PM
It you want an all season, get the continental extreme contact DWS, not the DW. If you want summer, get the DW.

lolvtec
10-14-2013, 04:46 PM
I have the DWS and they are sort of crap tires. Bad dry traction, bad wet traction, and a ton of road noise. Would not suggest them to anyone..

Dan12GT
10-14-2013, 04:50 PM
I don't know what the real difference is between DWs and DWSs but I have the DWs and absoluetly love them. Had them for about 4500 miles now.

What I have experienced:
Less road noise compared to the crap pirelli tires the car comes with, deeper tread, softer tread, and good wear rating.

My car defiantly hooks up a lot better on the DWs. It takes effort to break them loose when compared to the crap pirellis which took zero effort. Its been through plenty of rain too at high speeds (70-80ish) with excellent stability.

It also seems like I am getting about the same gas milage (22-24 average mpg weekly) with these tires too so nothing super aggressive that will impeded on that either.

I don't really know what makes a good all season tire but I can tell you one thing I've never seen a tire that performs well in snowy / Icey conditions. Again, something you don't have to worry about much here in Texas.

DirtyD
10-14-2013, 05:04 PM
DWS = Ultra High Performance All Season tire with a treadwear of 500

DW = Max Summer Performance tire with a treadwear of 300

MidWest281
10-20-2013, 01:55 AM
get mickey Thompson drag radials.

downtime!
10-20-2013, 11:16 AM
Just to add to this, and not sure they're available in the size requested, but Discount screwed up my order last week and got Nitto Motivo's instead on Invo's (I run 275/35-20's on the back). They are billed as UHP A/S tires, and since I'm running short on time (I Leave for a road trip tomorrow morning), I decided to go ahead and mount them up. To my surprise, these may be the best all around tires I've had on the car yet. Good wet traction, good dry traction, and the ability to hold most of the 600 hp in a roll race (don't have to feather the throttle nearly as much now). They'll still break loose, but it's at a higher load than before. All in all, I think I'll buy these again.