PDA

View Full Version : Kaane's 2013 Paxton Rebuild Thread

Kaane
10-14-2013, 10:24 AM
As a few of you heard, I blew up my motor couple days ago.

I was running e85 with BAP + stock fuel pump and it looks like it went lean during a 5th gear freeway pull. Lesson learned, stock fuel pump and boost on e85 don't mix. From the excessive oil burning and plug inspection, Number 8 piston has a broken ringland.

I was going to pick up the aluminator and sell my old motor, but that plan is toast.

Current plan:

Pull the motor, inspect for damage and send the block to MMR for their 1000hp rebuild. Heads should be ok, since I did not poke a hole in the block, I am hoping minor bore cleanup should be ok.

I will also buy a new return fuel system most likely fore dual 465's E85 ready.

I will also get a new clutch, most likely McLeod RST.

Here is the pic of the plugs, you can guess which is number 8.

http://imageshack.us/a/img819/4702/go5s.jpg

Midnight11
10-14-2013, 10:49 AM
damn man im sorry that happened but it will be a beast now!

OG Fox
10-14-2013, 02:23 PM
Sorry that happened man. But you knew the risk right? Surprised a shop would tune your car to unsafe levels.

Kaane
10-14-2013, 03:37 PM
It was my choice to run E85 on stock pump and BAP, so there is zero blame for this on True Street. I knew this could be the outcome, I gambled and lost.

As we all know you have to pay to play :)

Any car with any mods has a chance of reduced life. Mine was just accelerated.

Now I will have the chance to build it better and stronger.

Rydawg1
10-14-2013, 03:48 PM
Replace "man" with "coyote" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoLs0V8T5AA&hd=1

Grandpa
10-14-2013, 04:31 PM
It was my choice to run E85 on stock pump and BAP, so there is zero blame for this on True Street. I knew this could be the outcome, I gambled and lost.

As we all know you have to pay to play :)

Any car with any mods has a chance of reduced life. Mine was just accelerated.

Now I will have the chance to build it better and stronger.

I agree. To add to this, 5th gear pulls are going to be very hard on the car. That is a LOT of load to ask of that little stock motor not mention the stock fuel system.

The OP knew what he was in for and was expecting it so no biggie. He'll come back with nice HP beast at the end of the build. :)

blownaltered
10-16-2013, 11:28 AM
I agree. To add to this, 5th gear pulls are going to be very hard on the car. That is a LOT of load to ask of that little stock motor not mention the stock fuel system.

The OP knew what he was in for and was expecting it so no biggie. He'll come back with nice HP beast at the end of the build. :)

I wouldn't say 5th gear in a coyote is a huge load. It's 1:1 so its the same as 4th gear in a 5 speed car.

Kaane
10-16-2013, 08:20 PM
It's more load due to the car doing 160mph and fighting the air resistance. It's like going uphill.