PDA

View Full Version : Turned Down an FBody Just Now

Dominic Toretto
10-08-2013, 09:07 PM
On my way to QT and a modded 2002ish Camaro pulls up next to me with the his windows down screaming something. I looked over and said I liked his car. He then asked if I wanted to race. So I said "sure, where?" He says, "Right here for $200." We were on Beltline in Irving. Assessing the situation, cammed LS1 Camaro with suspension mods that I can see, check. Looks like some R compound tires, check. My car probably weighs more, check. He probably makes a lot more power than me, check. One of the worst places in public to have a good run, check. Potentially getting chased by some guy that thinks I will pay him $200, check. So I politely say "No thanks." He says, "Ah c'mon man it ain't free" and drives away. Seriously?

-Alex

Bacadiesel
10-08-2013, 11:39 PM
Lol. Man I've gotten way too many tickets already with this car. It's not worth it, I think I may have a warrant for my arrest lol

BLK2012GT
10-09-2013, 12:23 AM
Fuck that. And if you won I doubt he would pay you.

wbt
10-09-2013, 12:48 AM
It's not worth it. $200 wouldn't cover your impound and ticket fees minimum. You could potentially loose your car and who knows what would/could happen and change your life forever.

Keep it at the track. :favorites13:

Slow Five-O
10-09-2013, 01:21 AM
I've had that happen, told them I'd beat them for free. He laughed and agreed.

I proceeded to surprise the hell out of him :D

maxpayne
10-09-2013, 08:04 AM
Good analysis. Good choice. But, i think you might have had 10 years of technology on him. Haha. So I would have liked your odds to pull.

DirtyD
10-09-2013, 09:51 AM
Guy was probably a H/C/I car with some nice sticky DRs, and your assumption of him making more power than you was probably correct.

Camaro owners only want to race when they know they can win.

46Tbird
10-09-2013, 10:40 AM
I've drug so many "cammed, badass" LS1 f-bodies that I'm just not scared anymore. They must just be worn out, because I remember the days when they ran hard.

50bryan
10-09-2013, 10:43 AM
theres a white camaro f-body around irving that i raced that sounds very similar to what you mentioned. the thing was f/i (not sure if turbo or supercharged) but it left me VERY badly. I was stock then, and it was from about an 80 roll, but that thing was insanely fast.

Dominic Toretto
10-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Lol. Man I've gotten way too many tickets already with this car. It's not worth it, I think I may have a warrant for my arrest lol

As long as you don't go to jail before Friday lol.

Fuck that. And if you won I doubt he would pay you.

Ding ding ding!

Good analysis. Good choice. But, i think you might have had 10 years of technology on him. Haha. So I would have liked your odds to pull.

Wasn't about to chance it. He was clearly setup for drag.

Guy was probably a H/C/I car with some nice sticky DRs, and your assumption of him making more power than you was probably correct.

Camaro owners only want to race when they know they can win.

Yup.

-Alex