PDA

View Full Version : Dealer/Service Dept Scratched Car

aalbrand
09-16-2013, 04:26 PM
Went to go get my car serviced on Saturday and when they returned it to me I did not notice a penny size portion of paint missing on my trunk. There is also scratch marks on the spoiler and bumper. I am not sure what piece of equipment could have done this damage, but I am not a happy camper. I went to go get food and noticed it - so 20 minutes after my departure from the service department, they were receiving a call from me.

:rage:

Has this ever happened to anyone? How was it handled?

Thanks,

Sieran
09-16-2013, 04:28 PM
Went to go get my car serviced on Saturday and when they returned it to me I did not notice a penny size portion of paint missing on my trunk. There is also scratch marks on the spoiler and bumper. I am not sure what piece of equipment could have done this damage, but I am not a happy camper. I went to go get food and noticed it - so 20 minutes after my departure from the service department, they were receiving a call from me.

:rage:

Has this ever happened to anyone? How was it handled?

Thanks,

When i had my Wrangler they took the door straps off and let them swing all the way open putting huge dents in the front from the mirrors. They had the Jeep for a week while they fixed the two dents.

DirtyD
09-16-2013, 04:34 PM
What dealership? Do they do a free car wash after service?

aalbrand
09-16-2013, 04:36 PM
What dealership? Do they do a free car wash after service?

Sams Pack Ford in Lewisville and no they do not wash the car after. If they did I would ask them not to!

DirtyD
09-16-2013, 04:41 PM
Sams Pack Ford in Lewisville and no they do not wash the car after. If they did I would ask them not to!
Definitely get with the service manager and see if you can work something out.

aalbrand
09-16-2013, 04:46 PM
Definitely get with the service manager and see if you can work something out.

I contacted the service manager today via e-mail. He just responded moments ago saying he will be there to inspect the damage. Wish me luck in resolving this crappy ordeal. Any ideas on what I should say as far as the repair? Such as type of paint repair? I don't want them to just use touch up paint and some lame wax job to fix it.

DirtyD
09-16-2013, 04:49 PM
I contacted the service manager today via e-mail. He just responded moments ago saying he will be there to inspect the damage. Wish me luck in resolving this crappy ordeal. Any ideas on what I should say as far as the repair? Such as type of paint repair? I don't want them to just use touch up paint and some lame wax job to fix it.
I would ask for a full buff and polish, at least on the affected area, and a respray or something greater than touchup paint, for the affected paint area.

aalbrand
09-16-2013, 04:57 PM
I would ask for a full buff and polish, at least on the affected area, and a respray or something greater than touchup paint, for the affected paint area.

Thanks Dirty. This is my first rodeo with this sorta thing. Just want to walk away with a brand new looking car for as long as possible! Hate how people don't care for others things. Someone back there in the service area had to of known what they did. :chair:

aalbrand
09-17-2013, 11:34 AM
Consensus - They are going to fix.

:handshake:

Ear rak
09-17-2013, 03:07 PM
Working in a service dept myself, I know how this goes.

When it comes to paint/body damage, just bitch enough till they give in and fix it. At first they will try to say it was previous, since no one will actually know if it was there at first or not (you know, but they don't. They run 80+ cars a day, they dont remember them all). Keep making it a big deal, eventually they will just fix it so 1. they don't have to deal with it anymore and 2. to make sure they dont get a bad survey.

Side note, if you get a survey, dont instantly give it a bad one. Remember even a 9/10 survey is a fail and it affects the advisor's paycheck. So let them do what ever they can to fix it so they get a perfect survey.

Think of it as if you got a survey for the work you did and if you got a bad survey, it dropped your pay by 1%. You would hate it. Thats how service advisor's pay works.

In the end, if the dealership is worth a shit, they'll do what ever they can to make it right.

Dominic Toretto
09-17-2013, 08:01 PM
To me if they are a quality dealership that wants customer retention, they will fix it right the first time and not argue that they were at fault. Also, before taking the vehicle in for service, they should visually inspect the vehicle for any physical damage to cover their own ass. If you rent a UHaul, they make the customer do this and sign a form showing what damage and where it is, so that the customer is liable for returning the truck as it was given. Takes maybe all of 30 seconds and could save dealerships all the hassle of any potential litigation.

-Alex

brembo12
09-18-2013, 09:37 PM
i always do a walk around 2-3 times......they look at me like i am crazy.....hella with the dealers. Bill Utter takes good care. :)