PDA

View Full Version : Super Cars!

5HIFT3D
09-10-2013, 10:27 AM
Since we all love to throw the beloved super cars of the world out there in our day to day discussions, I would just like to say I have no other wants in my automotive fantasy land but to own a 2006 Ford GT GTX1 TT. If only I could get behind the steering wheel of this midengine, 1000+hp, euro super car eating, monsterous beast then I could say life has truly been good to me. Your Hennessey supped vipers and vettes that some like to dream about would literally be eaten and shat out to end up being what they truly are. With that being said, why in the hell did FoMoCo quit making that car? Rich folks would buy!

Midnight11
09-10-2013, 10:36 AM
gary will have one soon! lol

DirtyD
09-10-2013, 10:47 AM
gary will have one soon! lol
Oh shit!

5HIFT3D
09-10-2013, 01:48 PM
Yeah me too, I wish maybe I'll play the lottery tonight.:deal:

Dominic Toretto
09-10-2013, 06:04 PM
Ford GTs are the sexiness. Last I checked prices they are still selling used, for what new car prices were. I think Ford wanted to retain the rarity of the car instead of flooding the market with them. Not counting car shows/meets, I have literally NEVER seen one on the road. Ever. I've seen plenty of Lambos, Ferraris, Bentley, Porsches and Maseratis. Lots of those around. I've seen maybe 2 Vipers. Only seen one ZR1 on the street.

-Alex

Sieran
09-10-2013, 06:14 PM
Ford GTs are the sexiness. Last I checked prices they are still selling used, for what new car prices were. I think Ford wanted to retain the rarity of the car instead of flooding the market with them. Not counting car shows/meets, I have literally NEVER seen one on the road. Ever. I've seen plenty of Lambos, Ferraris, Bentley, Porsches and Maseratis. Lots of those around. I've seen maybe 2 Vipers. Only seen one ZR1 on the street.

-Alex

There was one that showed up at a Boardwalk Audi dealer car show a couple years ago... i'll see if i can find the photos of it later. Several Porsche GTs there also.

Dominic Toretto
09-10-2013, 06:21 PM
There was one that showed up at a Boardwalk Audi dealer car show a couple years ago... i'll see if i can find the photos of it later. Several Porsche GTs there also.

Yeah but you'll never see a Ford GT randomly on the road. Not even when they were new did I ever see one. Only at car shows/meets or on the interwebs.

-Alex

03MachMe
09-10-2013, 06:27 PM
I have seen a few of them on the road :shrug: but yes they are more rare than most other cars in that range

Sieran
09-10-2013, 07:03 PM
I have seen a few of them on the road :shrug: but yes they are more rare than most other cars in that range

True... I have seen more Model T cars on the road than i have any super cars. Though I don't count the douche in the burnt orange Lambo that has been driving around out on Preston Rd. a few times.

DirtyD
09-10-2013, 08:06 PM

-Alex

Back back in my hometown has a GT40...but it's a kit car. :(

I've seen a GT on the road once in Houston.

Stangmaster281
09-10-2013, 09:11 PM
I've seen one in arlington, and a few other times when they first came out. Lol I even saw a Murcielago in ceder hill one time. Don't see supercars too often tho, especially ford gt's.

Dominic Toretto
09-10-2013, 09:25 PM
Lol I even saw a Murcielago in ceder hill one time. Don't see supercars too often tho, especially ford gt's.

Was it a convertible? I saw one in Cedar Hill on Clark(?) or whatever that road is that turns into Spur 408.

-Alex

downtime!
09-11-2013, 02:02 AM
Regular GT's are pulling down over $200k these days, and I don't see them getting any cheaper any time soon.

Oxford14Stang
09-11-2013, 08:17 AM
I've see 3 GTs when I lived in Houston and saw one in plano once. Every time it was like I was staring at an angel from heaven... car is flat out sexy haha

JDMLOL
09-11-2013, 08:22 AM
Regular GT's are pulling down over $200k these days, and I don't see them getting any cheaper any time soon.

This. Just for fun I looked up prices on GT's and they were well over msrp on used ones. Saw one for close to 300k with next to no miles. I've seen two or three on the road.

Doug1227
09-11-2013, 01:21 PM
I wish Kumar still had his. That sucker was sweet!

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u154/kumar75150/milstarting-1.jpg
http://www.stangtv.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/8/files/2011/05/carinflames.jpg

Grandpa
09-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Kumar's car was really wicked. It sounded amazing and had the best license plate ever! (F Enzo) lol

saunupe1911
09-11-2013, 01:40 PM
I travel on the DNT daily. I see a super car 2 days out of 5. Saw a candy red 458 italia just yesterday. Last week it was a silver SLS. I can already tell when a new exotic will be at cars and coffee because i see them within that previous month. Also R8 are daily...but i dont quite count the V8 as a supercars like most people. Same goes for a non turbo or non gt2/3 Porsches. See them almost daily as well.

Bigmac3
09-11-2013, 02:32 PM
I grew up in a Pontiac/GM family. In 1964 I saw my first GT40 on TV at Sebring I believe. I've been a Ford guy ever since, only having stepped over to the dark side (non Ford) twice in my 46 years of driving. When Ford decided to reproduce the GT, I was beside myself thinking that maybe one day I might actually be able to own one. Silly me, I thought that surely they would go into full scale production ala the Corvette and actually be affordable. NOT! Somewhere in Ford's infinite wisdom they decided to stop production after a mere 3,500 or so cars. Back to my never to be fulfilled dreams. Good on them who are fortunate enough to own one of these beauties. (I did once see one on the streets of Burleson for just a split second).

5HIFT3D
09-11-2013, 08:04 PM
I wish Kumar still had his. That sucker was sweet!

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u154/kumar75150/milstarting-1.jpg
http://www.stangtv.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/8/files/2011/05/carinflames.jpg

If that car was a woman I'd give her the sex.