PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Suspension Install

Dominic Toretto
09-09-2013, 07:44 PM
Parts I have are Ford Racing P Springs, J&M Panhard Bar and Eibach Camber Bolts. I can't do this at my apt so I'll have to meet up. I will also have a GTCS front fascia and upper grill. I'll supply as much beer as needed. Only part I don't physically have on me is the upper grill, which I should have by the weekend of the 21st. Let me know if anyone is available to get their hands dirty:chewie:.

-Alex

DirtyD
09-09-2013, 08:05 PM
I can help out the last weekend of this month.

Dominic Toretto
09-09-2013, 08:42 PM
I can help out the last weekend of this month.

If I can't get it done the weekend of the 20th-22nd, I'll have to schedule in October. My mom's Bday is the 30th so I will be out of town more than likely that weekend.

-Alex

JDMLOL
09-09-2013, 08:49 PM
Im installing my suspension stuff this weekend if it gets in by friday which it should. Maybe we could help each other out...

Dominic Toretto
09-09-2013, 09:43 PM
Im installing my suspension stuff this weekend if it gets in by friday which it should. Maybe we could help each other out...

I've never done this, so I am looking to people that have. You don't want me bumbling around with your suspension parts lol. I'm always happy to turn a wrench though.

-Alex

JDMLOL
09-09-2013, 11:32 PM
I've never done this, so I am looking to people that have. You don't want me bumbling around with your suspension parts lol. I'm always happy to turn a wrench though.

-Alex

It looks pretty straight forward. I did springs and a flip kit with a c notch on a my old truck. So this shouldn't be bad.

Mrjeremyt
09-11-2013, 08:37 PM
I won't be available till Oct. but I have a shop with tools.. just need the beer. Haha!

Dominic Toretto
09-11-2013, 09:51 PM
I won't be available till Oct. but I have a shop with tools.. just need the beer. Haha!

I'm thinking I may have to wait till October. Mom decided to be born on 9/30 so kinda can't skimp on that day.

-Alex

Bacadiesel
09-16-2013, 01:34 AM
Let me know I have an auto shop in Keller area. I like to drink dos x. And I have a lift and have done many of these lowering kits.

Dominic Toretto
09-16-2013, 09:57 AM
Let me know I have an auto shop in Keller area. I like to drink dos x. And I have a lift and have done many of these lowering kits.

Thanks man, I'll keep the thread updated. Gotta love this forum!

-Alex

Rebelracer568
09-16-2013, 10:01 AM
Your install will go simply I do all my own install except lowering springs since I dont have tool. But if you have the spring tool. Few hours and your car will be sitting good

Dominic Toretto
09-16-2013, 10:17 AM
Your install will go simply I do all my own install except lowering springs since I dont have tool. But if you have the spring tool. Few hours and your car will be sitting good

I look forward to it!

-Alex

Dominic Toretto
09-29-2013, 06:48 PM
Update.

Now have the upper front grill. So now I just need some help with the install. As stated previously, all the beer is on me to whoever is available. Bacadiesel, if you are still able to lend your shop and lift it would be much appreciated. I leave work at 4pm during the week, so if that is better let me know. Weekends are open.

Dominic Toretto
09-29-2013, 06:51 PM
Oh and these are the items for install:

FRPP Springs
Panhard Bar
Eibach Camber bolts
Upper Grill
GTCS Lower Fascia

-Alex

aalbrand
09-30-2013, 11:52 AM
Oh and these are the items for install:

FRPP Springs
Panhard Bar
Eibach Camber bolts
Upper Grill
GTCS Lower Fascia

-Alex

Is it suggested to get new camber bolts/camber plates when lowering the stang? I was looking at the bolts you listed, and these do sound like a necessary addition. I am also looking at doing a suspension install Dom, maybe I could join? I still need to order my P Springs, and depending on the responses, may get some camber bolts as well.

Dominic Toretto
09-30-2013, 04:38 PM
Is it suggested to get new camber bolts/camber plates when lowering the stang? I was looking at the bolts you listed, and these do sound like a necessary addition. I am also looking at doing a suspension install Dom, maybe I could join? I still need to order my P Springs, and depending on the responses, may get some camber bolts as well.

It was suggested to me. I bought'em when I ordered the springs. Only an additional $30. As soon as I can get some peeps together sure, join in too! I'm hoping to hear back from Bacadeisel to see if he is still able to lend out his shop.

-Alex

aalbrand
10-01-2013, 11:12 AM
It was suggested to me. I bought'em when I ordered the springs. Only an additional $30. As soon as I can get some peeps together sure, join in too! I'm hoping to hear back from Bacadeisel to see if he is still able to lend out his shop.

-Alex

Cool. I was talking to an old mustang enthusiast from work and he said without the proper tools, it can be a pretty rough job.

Dominic Toretto
10-02-2013, 12:20 AM
Cool. I was talking to an old mustang enthusiast from work and he said without the proper tools, it can be a pretty rough job.

PM sent.

-Alex

aalbrand
10-04-2013, 04:17 PM
PM sent.

-Alex

Thanks for the heads up.

50bryan
10-16-2013, 12:55 PM
did my coilover install on jackstands, wasn't too bad but it definitely did take a while..

remove the front swaybar endlink off the car before you lift it, will make your life a whole lot easier.

Dan12GT
10-18-2013, 05:56 PM
It's very doable on jack stands. I lowered my car by myself in about 4 hrs. Air tools make zipping off the strut bolts a lot easier but still do able with a 90 degree box wrench. I did the panhard install at the same time. I can get that fascia on the car in less than an hr. I've taken the front bumper off so many times I've got it down to an art! I can help out when you want to do it I'm just in Roanoke if we still have the shop to do it.

Dominic Toretto
10-18-2013, 06:04 PM
Thanks but, Bacadiesel and I tackled this a few weeks ago. Here's a link to the finished product. http://dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=2855

-Alex

G-Mann
10-27-2013, 01:39 AM
Thanks but, Bacadiesel and I tackled this a few weeks ago. Here's a link to the finished product. http://dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=2855

-Alex

Congrats on the finished product. I will have to review your finished product thread.

bacadiesel, sent you a pm. Need to swing by your shop.