PDA

View Full Version : Powerblock tv

PLASMAN
08-25-2012, 01:34 PM
Anyone catch the new episode this morning on spike? They installed a paxton novi and suspension/brakes on a 12 coyote. Not bad

Grandpa
08-25-2012, 03:14 PM
No, I missed it. I wonder if they have episodes on their site.

DirtyD
08-25-2012, 05:40 PM
Missed it. Was still asleep.

I'll try and look it up online. Was it on Muscle Car or Horsepower?

PLASMAN
08-25-2012, 05:57 PM
Horsepower on spike, i think it runs again sunday morning at 9? Set your tivo's

Grandpa
08-25-2012, 06:01 PM
Horsepower on spike, i think it runs again sunday morning at 9? Set your tivo's

Thanks! Just set it to record. It actually comes on at 8:30am on Spike. :)

DirtyD
08-26-2012, 01:35 AM
Well hell, I won't be up that early. Haha

Dan12GT
08-27-2012, 11:10 PM
I caught it. Great episode I loved that it was a 11-12 black GT. I thought it would put down a bit more power but there wasn't really anything more done to it for power other than the S/C and an axle back. They ran the packaged tune. I bet they could safely squeeze out a lot more HP from it with a custom dyno tune. Still a great one, I've been waiting a long time for them to do a new stang.

OG Fox
08-29-2012, 03:33 PM
you can watch it online. not bad episode. I like that you can do the job yourself. althought, not sure I'd get a paxton.

http://www.powerblocktv.com/player/show_player.php?ep_show=HP&ep_num=HP2012-12

Grandpa
08-29-2012, 03:42 PM
I caught it. Great episode I loved that it was a 11-12 black GT. I thought it would put down a bit more power but there wasn't really anything more done to it for power other than the S/C and an axle back. They ran the packaged tune. I bet they could safely squeeze out a lot more HP from it with a custom dyno tune. Still a great one, I've been waiting a long time for them to do a new stang.

Definetely. Those canned tunes are real conservative.

I was surprised to see how much they had to cut up from the front nose piece as well. I wonder if that has to be done with a Whipple/KB/TVS as well.

Toby
08-29-2012, 11:55 PM
Definetely. Those canned tunes are real conservative.

I was surprised to see how much they had to cut up from the front nose piece as well. I wonder if that has to be done with a Whipple/KB/TVS as well.

No they do not steve. 0 cutting on the front bumper to install any of the mentioned blowers.

I was very disappointed with the numbers that car put out. I just finished up a kb 2.8, on a new 5.0 bone stock car with roush mufflers and 8 lbs boost, made 608 rwhp in the heat!! Almost 150 more hp then that paxton did with similar boost... Paxton is a great product, the tune must be terribly conservative on that one.. haha

Grandpa
08-30-2012, 12:14 AM
No they do not steve. 0 cutting on the front bumper to install any of the mentioned blowers.

I was very disappointed with the numbers that car put out. I just finished up a kb 2.8, on a new 5.0 bone stock car with roush mufflers and 8 lbs boost, made 608 rwhp in the heat!! Almost 150 more hp then that paxton did with similar boost... Paxton is a great product, the tune must be terribly conservative on that one.. haha

Clint was telling me about that car. 608rw through the stock cats is awesome power with no worries of inspection stuff. If there is no cutting on the front nose piece, that sells me on it alone. I do not want to hack up my car at all. I saw then cutting into that piece with the Paxton kit and it turned me off on it instantly.

Toby
08-30-2012, 12:21 AM
Clint was telling me about that car. 608rw through the stock cats is awesome power with no worries of inspection stuff. If there is no cutting on the front nose piece, that sells me on it alone. I do not want to hack up my car at all. I saw then cutting into that piece with the Paxton kit and it turned me off on it instantly.

:High 5: You will love it!

A302
09-03-2012, 05:17 PM

Was that car an auto or a manual?

TrueStreetMotorSports.com
09-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Was that car an auto or a manual?

It was a manual