PDA

View Full Version : 2013 GT500 suspension install? Who have you used?

crowley
09-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Just wondering what shop in the area people have used for suspension component installs. I'd be looking to get the following installed on my 2013 GT500:

Rear Suspension parts:
BMR Upper Control Arm Mount
BMR Adjustable Upper Control Arm
BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar
BMR Panhard Support Rod
BMR Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets
BMR Single Adjustable Lower Control Arms

Front and Rear Springs:
Ford Racing M-5300-L Springs

thanks,
Crowley

BlueBolt
09-06-2013, 07:47 PM
I use truestreet but vorshlag could probably hook you up too if you don't want to do it yourself.

03MachMe
09-06-2013, 08:11 PM
I have installed everything but the UCA stuff myself. I have done mine, josh, don, and Dale M. If you want to try and tackle it without paying a shop I can help you out. If you set on a shop, TS or Vorshlag is who I would recomend

crowley
09-06-2013, 09:04 PM
Thanks all. I have a quote from Truestreet and I know they do good work, so just shopping around for prices right now as Truestreet is about $200 more than I was figuring as they quoted $700. On the other hand, they are in my back yard so that makes it nice :)

Crowley

TrueStreetTim
09-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Thanks all. I have a quote from Truestreet and I know they do good work, so just shopping around for prices right now as Truestreet is about $200 more than I was figuring as they quoted $700. On the other hand, they are in my back yard so that makes it nice :)

Crowley

Are any of your relocations weld-on?

crowley
09-06-2013, 11:03 PM
Are any of your relocations weld-on?

I believe it is all bolt on (with the option to weld). This is the package that revan racing put together and they mention unless doing some serious drag / road racing that you won't need to weld them (they didn't for the year they have had these parts on their GT500 and all is well). This is my daily driver which may see a few times a year the 1/4 mile and road racing.

Below is the quote from Van over there:

The only component that would need welding would be the relocation brackets. Is it necessary? Only if you plan on doing a lot of heavy drag racing. If it's simply for street driving I wouldn't worry about welding them in. Now if you want total peace of mind, then go ahead and weld them in.

Mine are still bolted in.

Honestly though, I would look to experts to guide me in this matter since this is my daily driver.

thanks,
Crowley

TrueStreetTim
09-07-2013, 10:11 AM
It's our opinion that welding them is best for any circumstance. It costs a bit extra in time, but bolts loosen/flex etc. therefore we weld 95% of our installs unless otherwise specified by the customer. Hope this helps!

csamsh
09-07-2013, 12:03 PM
I managed to bend my rear LCA pickup points using BMR brackets with stock power. I would get them welded.

crowley
09-07-2013, 12:08 PM
It's our opinion that welding them is best for any circumstance. It costs a bit extra in time, but bolts loosen/flex etc. therefore we weld 95% of our installs unless otherwise specified by the customer. Hope this helps!

Thanks Tim! Are there any disadvantages to having them welded in?

thanks,
Gary

TrueStreetMotorSports.com
09-07-2013, 12:20 PM
I managed to bend my rear LCA pickup points using BMR brackets with stock power. I would get them welded.

This happens more times than not, Welding them is the only way I would want them on my car

Thanks Tim! Are there any disadvantages to having them welded in?

thanks,
Gary

If for some reason you wanted to remove them there will be some extra time to cut and grind the welds off.

crowley
09-07-2013, 01:40 PM
This happens more times than not, Welding them is the only way I would want them on my car

If for some reason you wanted to remove them there will be some extra time to cut and grind the welds off.

Thanks for the info guys :Rock on:

Crowley

TrueStreetMotorSports.com
09-07-2013, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the info guys :Rock on:

Crowley

Anytime :High 5: