PDA

View Full Version : Front Plates

Dominic Toretto
09-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Fellow Mustang buddy of mine at work today said he got pulled over for no front plate and that they are enforcing it as of today. Weird cause I had to take the scenic route to work due to gay construction on 820 and passed at least 4 cops on Davis and no one pulled me over.

-Alex

DirtyD
09-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Fellow Mustang buddy of mine at work today said he got pulled over for no front plate and that they are enforcing it as of today. Weird cause I had to take the scenic route to work due to gay construction on 820 and passed at least 4 cops on Davis and no one pulled me over.

-Alex

Some are probably more prone to pull over a Mustang then others. I've passed many police since Sept 1 and not a problem. Even say at a light beside and facing one with no issues.

Some cops just see Mustang and profile, unfortunately....

03MachMe
09-05-2013, 04:05 PM
Most cops won't pull you over for it just depends on the situation but yes one is required

Phuck Phace
09-05-2013, 04:18 PM
It will be just like it was before where they will just use it as a reason to pull you over and only rookies and assholes will actually give you a real ticket for it. pnus.

GunsUp
09-05-2013, 04:31 PM
"You boys been doing a little beer drinking tonight?"

Phuck Phace
09-05-2013, 04:37 PM
"Littering and...."

Dominic Toretto
09-05-2013, 06:47 PM
"Littering and...."

Littering and uh, littering and uh, littering and uh...

-Alex

RedRaider5.0
09-05-2013, 09:22 PM
I ordered one of the no drill brackets. Don't want to chance getting a $200 ticket. I know several people that got tickets this week and that was the only reason they got pulled over.

DirtyD
09-05-2013, 10:16 PM
Littering and uh, littering and uh, littering and uh...

-Alex

I thought it was just "littering and...littering and...littering and..."

STROKD
09-05-2013, 11:35 PM
LOL I wont be putting a fucken plate on either of my Mustangs... and the 86 has holes for it.

Dominic Toretto
09-05-2013, 11:42 PM
I know several people that got tickets this week and that was the only reason they got pulled over.

:lewx4:

I thought it was just "littering and...littering and...littering and..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PKtGnyGuKM

-Alex

DirtyD
09-05-2013, 11:48 PM
:lewx4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PKtGnyGuKM

-Alex

Okay, so both of ours combined. Haha

Dominic Toretto
09-05-2013, 11:54 PM
Okay, so both of ours combined. Haha

She can sue me.

-Alex

DirtyD
09-06-2013, 12:23 AM
She can sue me.

-Alex

What?

Dominic Toretto
09-06-2013, 12:28 AM
What?

It's another quote from the movie. Sorry I can quote that movie all day.

-Alex

DirtyD
09-06-2013, 12:41 AM
It's another quote from the movie. Sorry I can quote that movie all day.

-Alex

I guess I don't remember that one.

garner
09-06-2013, 12:53 AM
I'm gonna try what I did for the past 3 years on my trucks. Put the back one on but on the front I just left the little dealer plastic plate thing, so from the front it looks like I just bought it and from the back shows the real plate

03MachMe
09-06-2013, 02:30 AM
I'm gonna try what I did for the past 3 years on my trucks. Put the back one on but on the front I just left the little dealer plastic plate thing, so from the front it looks like I just bought it and from the back shows the real plate

If your going to have something there anyway why not just put the plate....

garner
09-06-2013, 02:33 AM
If your going to have something there anyway why not just put the plate....

As weird as it sounds I prefer the look of the dealer things compared to the real plates. Plus it makes me feel like I'm still driving a month old car(same reason I never remove the airbag warning tag on the glovebox)

Ear rak
09-06-2013, 03:29 AM
I have yet to be pulled over for no front plate or even asked about it when i was pulled over since owning the car last november. Hell, i've even been pulled over for a license plate bulb out when the cop followed me out of the bar, but he never once asked about no front plate. They don't even ask me about my 5% tinted windows.

Call it luck, but it seems most cops dont care.

03MachMe
09-06-2013, 04:05 AM
The law was not enforceable for the past two years due to a goof by the government. They fixed the goof this last session and the law went back into effect September 1st. That's why they didn't say anything.

lilbuddy
09-07-2013, 11:07 PM
The law was not enforceable for the past two years due to a goof by the government. They fixed the goof this last session and the law went back into effect September 1st. That's why they didn't say anything.

The law was enforceable, not the fine. They put the fine back into the law effective 9/1.

03MachMe
09-08-2013, 01:54 AM
The law was enforceable, not the fine. They put the fine back into the law effective 9/1.

a law cannot be enforced if there is no punishment, there for the law was not enforceable. When trying to change the wording of the law back in 2011 they forgot to put the punishment back into the law, thus making there no punishment for not having a front plate making the law not enforceable. There was still a law on the books that you had to have a front plate but with no punishment a defense attorney could argue that the officer could not enforce that law due to no punishment so if that was the reason for the stop anything found after that would be what is called fruits of the poisonous tree and would then be thrown out as well. This is why most departments advised officers not to use it as cause for a stop until the law was fixed. They fixed it this last legislative session and it now has a punishment, max fine $200.