PDA

View Full Version : September Daily Chat thread

Grandpa
09-05-2013, 12:01 PM
What's happening with you today?

My daughter got a new bike for her 5th birthday two weeks ago. I went out to the garage this morning and noticed she tried to peel off one of the club stickers off my car and put it on her bike. She is usually really good about not touching my car when she is out there. I asked her why she did it and she pulled a Ricky Bobby on me - "Daddy, I wanna drive fast!"

Oh boy, what have I done? lol.

TrueStreetTim
09-05-2013, 12:13 PM
....I got out of bed at 8:10 instead of 8:25 today. You know; responsibilities.

Bearded Banger
09-05-2013, 12:15 PM
Just sucking today's dick. Life.

DirtyD
09-05-2013, 12:21 PM
What's happening with you today?

My daughter got a new bike for her 5th birthday two weeks ago. I went out to the garage this morning and noticed she tried to peel off one of the club stickers off my car and put it on her bike. She is usually really good about not touching my car when she is out there. I asked her why she did it and she pulled a Ricky Bobby on me - "Daddy, I wanna drive fast!"

Oh boy, what have I done? lol.
You need to get with David and have her a personal sticker made. I think she would love that.

Me...just sitting at work manning the fort while the other engineers are out showcasing a new venture in the company.

Grandpa
09-05-2013, 12:30 PM
I didn't know David did the stickers.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm ready for some cooler weather. It seems like the summers get longer, or maybe it's just my tolerance for the heat getting shorter.

Midnight11
09-05-2013, 12:35 PM
Work today. Need to get oil for the Honda

DirtyD
09-05-2013, 12:37 PM
I didn't know David did the stickers.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm ready for some cooler weather. It seems like the summers get longer, or maybe it's just my tolerance for the heat getting shorter.
Yeah, Big Worm does the stickers.

I'll agree on the heat. It's not terrible because I've gotten used to it, but when it cools off a little bit to a comfortable temp, them ramps it back up above 100, that's what gets old.

Ready for October for birthday fun, cooler temps, and enjoying being outside more without melting.

Bearded Banger
09-05-2013, 12:40 PM
I'm opposite. I want the heat to hangout. Better for business, and I hate cold weather more than any of you could ever imagine.

DirtyD
09-05-2013, 12:42 PM
I'm opposite. I want the heat to hangout. Better for business, and I hate cold weather more than any of you could ever imagine.
You are the exception. You do A/C repairs and grew up in Alaska. haha

Such a fitting story.

Grandpa
09-05-2013, 01:15 PM

I worked outdoors here in Texas for over 10 years without missing a single day of work in the ice, rain, cold and this insane crazy Texas heat. Now that I'm indoors most of the time I've gotten used to the A/C. lol.

I can understand why you dislike the cold so much coming from Alaska. Even still, what we call cold here should still feel like summer to you!

Phuck Phace
09-05-2013, 01:47 PM
My work had free breakfast burritos and donuts this morning. I have to poop.

Grandpa
09-05-2013, 02:06 PM
My work had free breakfast burritos and donuts this morning. I have to poop.

Start downing that coffee!

I'm down 6lbs this week. :peace:

GunsUp
09-05-2013, 02:25 PM
Whos got some daily videos?

TrueStreetTim
09-05-2013, 03:16 PM
Whos got some daily videos?

AKA Failed Robbery
UwjSsqjNKuw

03MachMe
09-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Just waking up here. Relaxing till work at 9. Last night was SLOW...

maxpayne
09-05-2013, 05:04 PM
Washing and waxing Vivian (My 14 GT) up and down for the first time since I bought her. I am kind of nervous, as in "first time laying the pipe down" nervous......

Grandpa
09-05-2013, 05:57 PM
Just waking up here. Relaxing till work at 9. Last night was SLOW...

It's better than the alternative. A busy night for you isn't always a good one. I'm glad you got home safe. :)

Washing and waxing Vivian (My 14 GT) up and down for the first time since I bought her. I am kind of nervous, as in "first time laying the pipe down" nervous......

Haha. Well, if it makes you feel better, no factory paint job is perfect to start with. Just be sure to use a clean, soft sponge, Dawn dishwashing soap, a quality clay bar and work it real good. Pay attention for any debris in the clay careful not to rub any on the surface. Spray detail spray liberally as you do so. That will get her clean down to the surface. Also, be sure to do it early morning or late evening in a shaded area (not under a tree either lol) not letting the water dry water spotting the car. One panel at a time. :)

maxpayne
09-05-2013, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the info! I just finished but ran out of microfiber towels; so, instead of doing a full wax, I just washed, applied a wax-as-you-dry, and then a black detail spray. I am so paranoid about the micro scratches on the black paint. I used like 30 micro fiber towels to wash and dry, but I feel they are inevitable. I may pick your brain and Nic's about detailing. I have never used a clay bar or polish before. Thanks again!

Dominic Toretto
09-05-2013, 11:51 PM
My S2000 buddy at work forwarded me some youtube video of a White girl twerking... so I've been watching twerk videos for the past 48 hours.

-Alex

JDMLOL
09-06-2013, 12:10 AM
My S2000 buddy at work forwarded me some youtube video of a White girl twerking... so I've been watching twerk videos for the past 48 hours.

-Alex

Nice. Lol.

Dominic Toretto
09-06-2013, 12:16 AM
Nice. Lol.

I'm in love for real. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQEcuKLsLa8

-Alex

Grandpa
09-06-2013, 12:45 AM
Fuuuuuck. My back is sore from running tonight. I keep getting told by expierenced runners that this will get easier as my weight comes off and I learn how to run. I dont see how anyone enjoys this shit! Iike the peace and quiet but the pain sucks!

Junkie
09-06-2013, 12:50 AM
Fuuuuuck. My back is sore from running tonight. I keep getting told by expierenced runners that this will get easier as my weight comes off and I learn how to run. I dont see how anyone enjoys this shit! Iike the peace and quiet but the pain sucks!

Man, I loved running. But I fucking hate it now, can still do it, just don't love it.

Have you considered a row machine or swimming? Hiking?

I lost 100lbs doing shit like that

OG Fox
09-06-2013, 01:04 AM

-Alex

thats nasty.

my95z28
09-06-2013, 01:31 AM

-Alex

Best part about that is it looks like they were on a parking garage.....which all have cameras. Some security guard got a nice surprise :lol:

Bearded Banger
09-06-2013, 08:38 AM
Coffee and Work time! It's Friday! Gonna hit up Coit tonight I think. Hit the sack early and get some cars and coffee action in tomorrow.

virtu
09-06-2013, 08:59 AM

Have you tried the walk,run,walk,run routine? Might spare you some pain. I used to run but have since changed my routine to power walking and cycling for the last two years. I think it's far easier on my body than running. I don't feel like I am stressing it as out as much. I was probably burning more calories when I was running but I also felt more sore and exhausted. I walk on average 2.5 miles a day and ride anywhere from 6 to 12 miles a day depending on how I feel.

Dominic Toretto
09-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Best part about that is it looks like they were on a parking garage.....which all have cameras. Some security guard got a nice surprise :lol:

Well, they put their videos on the internet and have their own website so, pretty sure they are not shy lol.

Coffee and Work time! It's Friday! Gonna hit up Coit tonight I think. Hit the sack early and get some cars and coffee action in tomorrow.

I'll be getting some overtime tomorrow.

-Alex

Grandpa
09-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Man, I loved running. But I fucking hate it now, can still do it, just don't love it.

Have you considered a row machine or swimming? Hiking?

I lost 100lbs doing shit like that

I don't have regular access to a pool, if I did I would definitely do that more being great cardio and much easier on the joints. I do like the rowing machine, I've been switching that up with the torture machine known as the Jacob's Ladder machine. lol. The most comfortable to the cycling machine, but I'm not doing this to be comfortable either.

Any suggestions where to do some hiking?

Have you tried the walk,run,walk,run routine? Might spare you some pain. I used to run but have since changed my routine to power walking and cycling for the last two years. I think it's far easier on my body than running. I don't feel like I am stressing it as out as much. I was probably burning more calories when I was running but I also felt more sore and exhausted. I walk on average 2.5 miles a day and ride anywhere from 6 to 12 miles a day depending on how I feel.

Yeah, that routine did help. I'm still learning how to relax my shins while running. My daughter got a bike for her birthday so I take her with me. It's a challenging way to do my running keeping up with her on her bike. I planning on getting a bike for myself here soon too. I always loved riding bikes and think I could really get into that.

I've also realized the importance of SLEEP. I've always been a night owl and was surviving on 4 or 5 hours a night for the last 15 years or so. Now I'm getting 8-9 hours and realize what I've been missing. I have much more energy and motivation to get to the gym cuz I'm not dragging my ass all day.

Dominic Toretto
09-06-2013, 09:20 AM
I've always been a night owl and was surviving on 4 or 5 hours a night for the last 15 years or so. Now I'm getting 8-9 hours and realize what I've been missing. I have much more energy and motivation to get to the gym cuz I'm not dragging my ass all day.

Haha, that reminds me of the college dorm days. Nowadays I get mad and feel awful if I don't get at least 7 hours in. A friend of mine at work goes off like 5 hours and drinks a Redbull at least twice a day. Trying to get him off that shit but, he is officially addicted.

-Alex

Grandpa
09-06-2013, 09:27 AM
Haha, that reminds me of the college dorm days. Nowadays I get mad and feel awful if I don't get at least 7 hours in. A friend of mine at work goes off like 5 hours and drinks a Redbull at least twice a day. Trying to get him off that shit but, he is officially addicted.

-Alex

I used to be in the vending business and I can tell you from expierence of selling energy drinks that there is a LOT of people addicted to those things. They seem to be even more emotionally up/down than hardcore coffee drinkers. Those things are horrible for your heart and stomach/esophagus too.

virtu
09-06-2013, 10:41 AM
Yeah, that routine did help. I'm still learning how to relax my shins while running. My daughter got a bike for her birthday so I take her with me. It's a challenging way to do my running keeping up with her on her bike. I planning on getting a bike for myself here soon too. I always loved riding bikes and think I could really get into that.

I've also realized the importance of SLEEP. I've always been a night owl and was surviving on 4 or 5 hours a night for the last 15 years or so. Now I'm getting 8-9 hours and realize what I've been missing. I have much more energy and motivation to get to the gym cuz I'm not dragging my ass all day.

I think getting a bike would be awesome for you. I use mine all the time and have had no regrets buying it. Your daughter would probably also enjoy you having a bike as well! And you are right about the sleep. I struggle the next day if I don't get at least 6 hours of sleep every night.

TrueStreetTim
09-06-2013, 12:58 PM
I don't have regular access to a pool, if I did I would definitely do that more being great cardio and much easier on the joints. I do like the rowing machine, I've been switching that up with the torture machine known as the Jacob's Ladder machine. lol. The most comfortable to the cycling machine, but I'm not doing this to be comfortable either.

IMO, running is the GD Devil! It's terrible for your body in EVERY aspect. The Impact on your joints to major organs just isn't for me. Running is uncomfortable to me so I choose not to. I'll treadmill on a high incline at a walking pace to melt fat before I would burn muscle running.

I cycled heavily for 7 years (2 years semi-pro off-road) and trained 90% on-road as the results from road training is much quicker and stronger. The other 10% was just enough to keep up our skill level off-road. Needless to say; cycling is far superior to running for results and low impact. I'm all for the bike suggestion. Stick it in a decent gear and start seeing results!

Bearded Banger
09-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Hitlers Bodyguard died today.

Phuck Phace
09-06-2013, 03:43 PM
You guys see the grill on the new Lexus IS? Dat shit cray.

TrueStreetTim
09-06-2013, 03:50 PM
I don't even smoke.

DirtyD
09-06-2013, 05:12 PM
You guys see the grill on the new Lexus IS? Dat shit cray.
This one? Looks like someone bolted chain mail to the front of the car

http://image.motortrend.com/f/roadtests/sedans/1303_2014_lexus_is_first_look/42837103/2014-Lexus-IS-350-F-Sport-front-three-quarters.jpg

Grandpa
09-06-2013, 05:14 PM
What a shitty day.

TrueStreetTim
09-06-2013, 05:47 PM
What a shitty day.
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m240/manumition/Dealwithit_zpsc2796a7a.gif

Grandpa
09-06-2013, 05:56 PM
Nevermind. I was going to make a joke, but it's best that I don't.

Dominic Toretto
09-07-2013, 10:39 PM
This one? Looks like someone bolted chain mail to the front of the car

http://image.motortrend.com/f/roadtests/sedans/1303_2014_lexus_is_first_look/42837103/2014-Lexus-IS-350-F-Sport-front-three-quarters.jpg

That whole front end is full of ewwww.

-Alex

JDMLOL
09-08-2013, 12:45 AM
That whole front end is full of ewwww.

-Alex

Ewww. Those drl leds.

Bearded Banger
09-09-2013, 08:32 AM
Had a good weekend. Coit on Friday night. C&C on Saturday morning. Worked on a Roush Boss 302 and a Terminator. Had some drunks barge in my room at 3am. Relaxed all day Sunday. Headed to Waco today.

DirtyD
09-09-2013, 09:11 AM
So the Cowboys won yesterday.

Isn't it time for Cowboys fans to start posting "We're heading to the Super Bowl!!"

re-rx7
09-09-2013, 09:34 AM
So the Cowboys won yesterday.

Isn't it time for Cowboys fans to start posting "We're heading to the Super Bowl!!"

LOL SFT!! :jester:

GunsUp
09-09-2013, 09:58 AM
Lost both my fantasy leagues. Tech won big. Texas lost lmao. Next Saturday in College Station is gonna be a good one

Phuck Phace
09-09-2013, 10:05 AM
Had some drunks barge in my room at 3am. Relaxed all day Sunday.

Hope your ass feels better.

Midnight11
09-09-2013, 10:06 AM
Lost both my fantasy leagues. Tech won big. Texas lost lmao. Next Saturday in College Station is gonna be a good one

who do they play?

GunsUp
09-09-2013, 10:08 AM
who do they play?

Who A&M? It's Alabama week in college station 1 vs 6 and Gameday will be there. Potentially the game of the year

Grandpa
09-09-2013, 10:12 AM
New personal best on the bench this morning!

GunsUp
09-09-2013, 10:20 AM

Coach didn't feel like playing you? Sorry man, if you need some help getting the splinters outta your butt I know a guy:owned:

blownaltered
09-09-2013, 10:22 AM

Sweet I know that 125lbs has been giving you hell for a long time. Glad you finally did it, now lets get that 130 done :laughing1:

Grandpa
09-09-2013, 10:22 AM
Coach didn't feel like playing you? Sorry man, if you need some help getting the splinters outta your butt I know a guy:owned:

If you are going to run that gaping cockholster of yours at least attempt to be creative. lol

Midnight11
09-09-2013, 10:26 AM
Who A&M? It's Alabama week in college station 1 vs 6 and Gameday will be there. Potentially the game of the year

damn tailgating would be awesome. might drive down there

Bearded Banger
09-09-2013, 10:26 AM
Hope your ass feels better.

The vacuum was a nice touch. Never done that before.

GunsUp
09-09-2013, 10:30 AM
damn tailgating would be awesome. might drive down there

Def would be worth it. Only other game as good IMO is Alabama vs LSU & A&M vs LSU

GunsUp
09-09-2013, 10:30 AM
If you are going to run that gaping cockholster of yours at least attempt to be creative. lol

:beatdeadhorse5:

Grandpa
09-09-2013, 10:31 AM
Just finished watching the last episode of Breaking Bad. Holy shit at the ending!!

Grandpa
09-09-2013, 10:32 AM
:beatdeadhorse5:

I figured you'd have nothing. Just like when I asked you to race...chicken. :p

Midnight11
09-09-2013, 10:33 AM
I figured you'd have nothing. Just like when I asked you to race...chicken. :p

just like when i asked you to race:owned:

GunsUp
09-09-2013, 10:35 AM
Just finished watching the last episode of Breaking Bad. Holy shit at the ending!!

Yeah that was badass. I wonder whats gonna happen

Grandpa
09-09-2013, 10:42 AM
just like when i asked you to race:owned:

That's as fair as me asking you to fight. Why pick a fight I know I can easily win? Not very sporting of you.

DirtyD
09-09-2013, 10:54 AM
Houston is going to be a madhouse this weekend for that game. I know there will for sure be some drunken arrests. lol

Texas reassigns Manny Diaz after Saturday's abysmal defensive performance. I don't even know why the F they hired him to begin with. Honestly, they should've done everything they could to keep Muschamp.

Bearded Banger
09-09-2013, 11:13 AM
At Late Model Restoration picking up some goodies.

03MachMe
09-09-2013, 11:15 AM
Houston is going to be a madhouse this weekend for that game. I know there will for sure be some drunken arrests. lol

Texas reassigns Manny Diaz after Saturday's abysmal defensive performance. I don't even know why the F they hired him to begin with. Honestly, they should've done everything they could to keep Muschamp.
There was nothing they could do other than fire Mac and make him head coach and that was never going for happen.

03MachMe
09-09-2013, 11:16 AM

Jealous

Grandpa
09-09-2013, 11:19 AM

Boost for the Boss!

Bearded Banger
09-09-2013, 11:30 AM
Boost for the Boss!

Lol, negative. I have Cobra for that.

Grandpa
09-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Lol, negative. I have Cobra for that.

Pfft, its just a fancy boosted Fairmont. :p

Bearded Banger
09-09-2013, 11:58 AM
I'm more than okay with that

Grandpa
09-09-2013, 12:00 PM
I'm more than okay with that

LOL, I'm jealous. Both are wicked cars. I miss boost....BAD.

DirtyD
09-09-2013, 12:54 PM
There was nothing they could do other than fire Mac and make him head coach and that was never going for happen.
Sadly, even as a huge fan of what Mack has done at Texas...I think it's time for a changing of the reigns. He has started to tarnish his legacy the past 3 years with very subpar players, subpar coaching, and just stupid decisions. And it all started with Gilbert when he was the next "It" QB for them...

They should go get Muschamp back here at head coach and let the wins starting rolling in.

03MachMe
09-09-2013, 01:14 PM
Sadly, even as a huge fan of what Mack has done at Texas...I think it's time for a changing of the reigns. He has started to tarnish his legacy the past 3 years with very subpar players, subpar coaching, and just stupid decisions. And it all started with Gilbert when he was the next "It" QB for them...

They should go get Muschamp back here at head coach and let the wins starting rolling in.

Texas has more 5 star recruits than almost any other school every year. They have the players but are just not making the plays. I agree that I think Mack Brown needs to go but I am not sure it is going to happen. Getting Muschamp back will never happen. He is doing alright at FL and doubt he will be leaving anytime soon. Hopefully there will be a change at coaching after this year.

DirtyD
09-09-2013, 01:39 PM
Texas has more 5 star recruits than almost any other school every year. They have the players but are just not making the plays. I agree that I think Mack Brown needs to go but I am not sure it is going to happen. Getting Muschamp back will never happen. He is doing alright at FL and doubt he will be leaving anytime soon. Hopefully there will be a change at coaching after this year.
Sorry, I meant playing ability is subpar. I know the kids have the talent, but whether or not the coaches are using and getting them to use that talent is the question.

re-rx7
09-09-2013, 01:48 PM
Talent isnt the problem its gettiing the talent to play togetherr. Mack is probally in need of a replacement especially if he cant beat OKlahoma this year.

Grandpa
09-09-2013, 01:53 PM
Did any of you rabid football fans actually play?

GunsUp
09-09-2013, 01:53 PM
Mike Leach to Texas. KAZZINGGGGG

03MachMe
09-09-2013, 02:05 PM

yep started WR and backup QB. could have played D2 college ball but decided to run track at UNT

Grandpa
09-09-2013, 02:16 PM
yep started WR and backup QB. could have played D2 college ball but decided to run track at UNT

I bet that running expierence comes in handy at work. I bet you surprise some people. lol.

GunsUp
09-09-2013, 02:16 PM

Anybody ever get away from you during a foot pursuit?:hidesbehindsofa:

GunsUp
09-09-2013, 02:19 PM

Yup, I grew up with Bill Bate's triplets. He was my football coach and my baseball coach growing up.

Only played Basketball and Ice Hockey in High School though

03MachMe
09-09-2013, 02:21 PM
I bet that running expierence comes in handy at work. I bet you surprise some people. lol.
yea surprised a few people at work but I'm not as in good shape as I was back then
Anybody ever get away from you during a foot pursuit?:hidesbehindsofa:

Only had one true foot pursuit and no he did not get away

Bearded Banger
09-09-2013, 02:22 PM
Blacksketball FTW!

Grandpa
09-09-2013, 02:22 PM
Yup, I grew up with Bill Bate's triplets. He was my football coach and my baseball coach growing up.

Only played Basketball and Ice Hockey in High School though

No idea who that is.

GunsUp
09-09-2013, 02:26 PM
No idea who that is.

Bill Bates? 3 time Super Bowl winner with the Cowboys. #40

He had a reputation of always being a walk on that made the team because of Special Teams. He hit fucking hard running down the field.

DirtyD
09-09-2013, 02:36 PM
Played freshman year of HS. WR and DB. I didn't have much size to me, but I was fast for a white boy, 4.9 sec 40 yd, most of the black kids were 4.8s. But between marching band and football after school, I chose band because the freshman football coaches sucked...horribly. Coaches begged me to come back sophomore and junior year, but I chose to focus on baseball more.

Mike Leach to Texas. KAZZINGGGGG
WTF? Seriously!?

Grandpa
09-09-2013, 02:37 PM
Bill Bates? 3 time Super Bowl winner with the Cowboys. #40

He had a reputation of always being a walk on that made the team because of Special Teams. He hit fucking hard running down the field.

Ah. Never heard of him. No surprise though, I'm not a big football fan. I'll watch on occasion, but I don't follow it at all.

GunsUp
09-09-2013, 02:38 PM
WTF? Seriously!?

You can't tell me that wouldn't be badass

03MachMe
09-09-2013, 02:51 PM
nope texas needs defensive style coach who can make a defense stop a team better than BYU not an offensive guy like Leach.

DirtyD
09-09-2013, 02:54 PM
You can't tell me that wouldn't be badass
Not really. Shit would hit the fan real quick.

nope texas needs defensive style coach who can make a defense stop a team better than BYU not an offensive guy like Leach.
Exactly.

Curious to see how the interim DC does next week against Ole Miss.

Plus Ash is questionable and Johnson is going to miss the game as a precaution from the "injury" Saturday...dammit.

GunsUp
09-09-2013, 02:58 PM
It's the Big 12. First to 100 wins every time

re-rx7
09-09-2013, 03:08 PM
Played high school basketball. All state, Mcdonalds all state (have a ring for that one)all star, all conference first team. Played college ball at SOSU turned down offer for a partial scholarship to KSU.

Bearded Banger
09-10-2013, 09:57 AM
Damn that's pretty incredible. I was nowhere near that talented. Just enjoy the sport.

re-rx7
09-10-2013, 10:22 AM
Damn that's pretty incredible. I was nowhere near that talented. Just enjoy the sport.

That's the only reason I was good. I loved the sport. I love some fucking football though lol

Dominic Toretto
09-10-2013, 06:41 PM
At home doing my arms workout :)

-Alex

03MachMe
09-10-2013, 07:18 PM
I get to drive a NASCAR tomorrow!!!

blownaltered
09-10-2013, 07:44 PM
I slept at a Holiday Inn Express, top that fuckers

DirtyD
09-10-2013, 08:08 PM
I get to drive a NASCAR tomorrow!!!
So jealous! Enjoy it man! You deserve it!

I slept at a Holiday Inn Express, top that fuckers
I slept in my own pillow top bed with 1,000,000 count Egyptian Angel hair sheets.

BOOM

blownaltered
09-10-2013, 09:51 PM
So jealous! Enjoy it man! You deserve it!

I slept in my own pillow top bed with 1,000,000 count Egyptian Angel hair sheets.

BOOM

:snoopfacepalm:

DirtyD
09-10-2013, 11:45 PM
:snoopfacepalm:

You said top it. I gave my attempt. Lol