PDA

View Full Version : Mustang Vs Camaro Oct 5th.......

TrueStreetMotorSports.com
09-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Well it official, the event is just about a month away and the excitement continues. I am on the phone daily with racers from Houston, DFW, Little rock, Tulsa, Oklahoma city, Springfield telling me they are coming. We have A hand full of local vendors that have also step up to help make this event possible. True Street Motorsports, Vorshlag, White Side custom, Nitrous Outlet,

We are also looking to welcome Mickey Thompson aboard, and BMR. Help spread the word, this will be a event worth attending!!!!!

www.truestreetmotorsports.com
www.vorshlag.com
www.whitesidecustoms.com
www.nitrousoutlet.com

Let your local sponsors know if they can help in anyway to make this event even better

After the event there will be TX275 Drag Radial Race, Automatic Promod, and Promod Motor cycle. Plus Test and tune till 12:00. No Additional charge

Spectators are $10
Racers for one event $35
Race both events $45 (Auto Cross and Drag Racing)
Open at 8:00AM and closes at 12:00 Midnight.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee217/1bad03cobra/chevyvsfordflyerFInalfinal_zpse7641ba9.jpg (http://s230.photobucket.com/user/1bad03cobra/media/chevyvsfordflyerFInalfinal_zpse7641ba9.jpg.html)

Rules are posted!!!

This event is in full swing, Hope everyone is getting last min details in order, this is not a event I would think anyone would want to miss

Time For rules

Team Camaro (any car/truck powered by a chevy motor, Big block, small block, ls1,ls2,ls3,ls6,ls7,lsa ect)

Team Mustang (anycar/truck Ford Powered, big block, small block302,351,390,400,427,429,460 ect)

There are no limits on motor, nitrous, turbos, blower.
Any tire size, slick, radial, road race tires, ect
Race cars, Street cars, trucks, are all welcome

This event will be run based on time trials, Two qualifying passes with no times being showed during qualifying. All Team Camaro will qualify together and all Team Mustang will qualify together. Once Qualifying is complete for both teams there will be a small break for lunch to give us a chance to build the latter for each team.

Team Camaro
#1 Rick Forbes
#2 Brett Dickey
#3 Slo Maro (see what I did there lol)
all the way down to the slowest qualifier

Team Mustang
#1 Steve (JKD)
#2 Nick (AKA Mr DFW 5.0)
#3 Jeff (Mr internet)

Once teams are listed from quickest to slowest we will pair up the races

Race one
Rick Forbes vs Steve (JKD)
Race two
Brett Dickey Vs Nick (AKA Mr DFW 5.0)
Race three Slo Maro Vs Jeff (Mr Internet)

and so on and so forth

The key to this plateform of racing is to have as many quick cars show up as possible. Each race there will be a point giving, Team with the most points/races won at the end of the event will have bragging rights.

This format of racing has been done for over 15 years with the buick vs ford shoot out and I can tell you with all the street cars and races cars that show up, some running 15 second 1/4 miles to 8 second 1/4 miles. I will tell you the racing is close, points are always down to the wire. If you have not been to a event run like this you have to come and see. Slow cars will have other slow cars to race, fast cars will have other fast cars to race.

Time to put the key boards down, Forget about dyno slips, and run your cars, Good times ahead!!!!!

On a side note, There is a big Money race that night for TX275 drag radial, Automatic Pro Mod, Promod Motorcycle and open Test and Tune. The Texas Motorplex has told me anyone that attends Mustang Vs Camaro will be welcome to stay with no additional cost. hang out and watch and if you want run the car some more at the open test and tune..

As always Help spread the word, get as many cars for your team. This will greatly increase your odds!!!!

Rebelracer568
09-04-2013, 08:42 PM
What are you needing vendors to do? Im can possible get billet specialties to help as well. Im good friends with owner

Rforbes
09-05-2013, 08:36 AM
This event is getting friggin huge! Going to be a great time.
Clint, do we have a time schedule of events at this point?

03MachMe
09-05-2013, 08:52 AM
Can't friggen wait!

Bearded Banger
09-05-2013, 09:45 AM
Same weekend as Mustangfest in Port Aransas. I'm on the fence.

Grandpa
09-05-2013, 10:03 AM
Looking forward to this event! When will more details be available?

DirtyD
09-05-2013, 10:45 AM
I really wish I could make it out, but being the g/f's birthday, it's her day to do what she wants, regardless if she is into cars or not.

Maybe next year it will be a different weekend.

09-05-2013, 12:41 PM
What are you needing vendors to do? Im can possible get billet specialties to help as well. Im good friends with owner

We would love to have Billet Specialties on board for this event. The reason for the sponsors as you can imagine the cost to rent out the Texas Motorplex is not cheap along side of 30+ employees to run this event. So I have called and got shops/Vendors I have used and feel good about bringing to our event to show off what they do and help anyone looking to make there car preform better.

This event is getting bigger everyday!!!! :pepper:

OG Fox
09-05-2013, 01:51 PM
I really wish I could make it out, but being the g/f's birthday, it's her day to do what she wants, regardless if she is into cars or not.

Maybe next year it will be a different weekend.

dude you need to do something with her the day before, or the day after, this event is a once in a year type deal. take her out a couple days that week and then the day after. but your going to this.

DirtyD
09-05-2013, 02:10 PM
dude you need to do something with her the day before, or the day after, this event is a once in a year type deal. take her out a couple days that week and then the day after. but your going to this.
We've always celebrated on her birthday, including her family. Not going to change that.

Grandpa
09-05-2013, 02:11 PM
Do what you gotta do D. Family first. :)

DirtyD
09-05-2013, 02:15 PM
Do what you gotta do D. Family first. :)
Thanks, Steve.

Trust me, I want to be here more than anything, but not at the expense of breaking tradition.

Grandpa
09-05-2013, 02:16 PM
I was thinking we should have an area for the club. We can park in the same area. I have an EZ UP tent that we could pop up, maybe get a table for shirts/stickers and other other stuff. If we got a banner we could hang it from the tent too.

DirtyD
09-05-2013, 02:20 PM
I was thinking we should have an area for the club. We can park in the same area. I have an EZ UP tent that we could pop up, maybe get a table for shirts/stickers and other other stuff. If we got a banner we could hang it from the tent too.
That's a badass idea.

Get some washer boards too. lol

GunsUp
09-05-2013, 02:23 PM
Gonna be badass for sure. It would be nice if we could all park together

FastFordDriver
09-05-2013, 03:19 PM
This is at Ennis on Oct 5?

I don't see it on the schedule - is this the Manufacturer's Cup race they have listed?

09-05-2013, 03:28 PM
This event is getting friggin huge! Going to be a great time.
Clint, do we have a time schedule of events at this point?

Gates open at 8:00, there will be a couple of rounds of qualifying for drag racing and auto cross racing.

Example,

9:00-11:00 Mustang Auto Cross qualifying passes
9:00-11:00 Camaro drag racing qualifying passes

then we will switch

11:00-1:00 Camaro Drag racing qualifying passes
11:00-1:00 Mustang Auto Cross qualifying passes

Lunch at 1:00 and there will be entertainment (promod motorcycle during lunch break)

2:00-2:30 points races will start, depends on how many racers but lets say 300 cars, 150 mustangs, 150 Camaros. We will break it down to the slowest 50 cars will run first on the drag track, and the first 50 fastest cars will run on the auto cross track, Middle fastest cars will be in the pits waiting or watching the racing. Once the slowest group is done they will move to the auto cross track, middle group to the drag track and fastest 50 will rest in the pits. this will continue until all cars have raced for there points.

All Camaro's will test together and all mustangs will test together until the points race. No times will be posted for these cars so sand bagging would be a dumb thing to do. Times will only be posted for the points race when it counts.

Midnight11
09-05-2013, 03:46 PM
Yes I would like to see an area reserved for us...

Rebelracer568
09-05-2013, 04:09 PM
Ill contact billet specialties and see if I can get us another vender

Rforbes
09-05-2013, 04:59 PM

:werd07:

03MachMe
09-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Same weekend as Mustangfest in Port Aransas. I'm on the fence.

come on you have the perfect car for both events. you NEED to do this lol

sasquash1984
09-05-2013, 05:34 PM
I can't wait......

Grandpa
09-05-2013, 05:47 PM
Yes I would like to see an area reserved for us...

We can do a parking area if we get there early enough for the whole group. I have my tent I can put up. If we can get a banner made we hang it from the tent that will kinda designate our area.

-We cannot sell Tshirts or anything unless we pay a sponsorship fee.

Bearded Banger
09-05-2013, 06:42 PM

Great Idea Steve. This was Dales brainchild.

Phuck Phace
09-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Will be at MF wif my boo.

Grandpa
09-05-2013, 06:50 PM
We can do a parking area if we get there early enough for the whole group. I have my tent I can put up. If we can get a banner made we hang it from the tent that will kinda designate our area.

-We cannot sell Tshirts or anything unless we pay a sponsorship fee.

Great Idea Steve. This was Dales brainchild.

I'm just going by what TrueStreet said. It was Dale's idea, but TS is sporting the bill for the track rental to hold the event. TS is bringing in sponsors to cover the cost. So us selling a few Tshirts without paying a sponsorship fee like the other vendors "wouldn't be fair".

I will leave it to the group what they would like to do. I will still bring my tent so we have a shaded place to sit and designate our parking area.

We could always crash Gary and Dave's honeymoon at Mustangfest instead. lmao.

Bearded Banger
09-05-2013, 06:58 PM
The sunrises will beautiful reflecting in boos eyes

Midnight11
09-05-2013, 07:20 PM
Well I understand the sponsorship but we are a club not a shop or company.

Think I'd rather go to a beach now anyways

Grandpa
09-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Where is this Mustangfest? First Ive heard of it.

<------- going to Google.

Bearded Banger
09-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Where is this Mustangfest? First Ive heard of it.

<------- going to Google.

Port Aransas. Supposed to be a pretty big event. A whole weekend.

09-05-2013, 11:15 PM
Well I understand the sponsorship but we are a club not a shop or company.

Think I'd rather go to a beach now anyways

I'm not trying to Hurt your feeling, but the cost for putting something like this on is huge. To rent a race track , pay for ambulance, paramedics, police, having the SCCA, 30+ employees, is not cheap. I have added on sponsors to help soften the cost of the rental but I will be lucky for there sponsorship to pay half of the cost.

Im sorry you feel I'm being unfair to charge you to sell t shirts, stickers, ect. But I have sponsors that have paid the right to do this and for me to allow you to do so with out paying would be unprofessional. I sent Steve a pm and told him to have you contact me if you guys are interested in being a part of this race to help promote this site. But I guess you would rather make this a public issue.

Again I'm sorry I can not give away what is being payed for by others to help make DFW have big races and events again in our own back yard.

Grandpa
09-06-2013, 12:40 AM
Lets make this a fun positive thing. Clint is doing all the work to make the event happen and I think we should support him. This could turn into a really cool annual event bringing a fun event for us all to enjoy. I know everyone here wants a fun event to attend especially with FFW being such a failure these days. Besides how often do we get the chance to beat up on some Camaros? Usually they are sittingnaround comparing mullets rather than racing. Lol
Maybe we can get Clint to make us a side class for our list to make some progress with after beating onnthe Camaros gets boring. :-P

OG Fox
09-06-2013, 01:02 AM
Lets make this a fun positive thing. Clint is doing all the work to make the event happen and I think we should support him. This could turn into a really cool annual event bringing a fun event for us all to enjoy. I know everyone here wants a fun event to attend especially with FFW being such a failure these days. Besides how often do we get the chance to beat up on some Camaros? Usually they are sittingnaround comparing mullets rather than racing. Lol
Maybe we can get Clint to make us a side class for our list to make some progress with after beating onnthe Camaros gets boring. :-P

im grateful for clint setting this all up. I may have started it but I havent been involved for quite some time. Im glad this event is in such good hands. I hope this event becomes big and gets some national coverage. The new age of muscle cars in upon us and we need to take advantage of it.

Rforbes
09-06-2013, 08:56 AM

We will be checking out each others mullet out on Friday night because they are having a 3 hour Dukes of Hazzard marathon, but we will be there in force ready to race on Saturday. If the Northstar preview race was any indication, I dont think there is going to be a lot of beating on Camaros. He he :winner_first_h4h:

Grandpa
09-06-2013, 09:17 AM
We will be checking out each others mullet out on Friday night because they are having a 3 hour Dukes of Hazzard marathon, but we will be there in force ready to race on Saturday. If the Northstar preview race was any indication, I dont think there is going to be a lot of beating on Camaros. He he :winner_first_h4h:

Isn't Friday night date night with your sisters? :dogpile:

You know how to double the value of a Camaro? Fill up the gas tank!

Rforbes
09-06-2013, 09:19 AM
Isn't Friday night date night with your sisters? :dogpile:

You know how to double the value of a Camaro? Fill up the gas tank!

No Fridays nights are reserved for dates with your sisters. :Big Laugh:

Grandpa
09-06-2013, 09:30 AM
No Fridays nights are reserved for dates with your sisters. :Big Laugh:

You're out of luck. My sister prefers guys with all of their teeth and a house that doesn't roll and a car that does. That leaves a Camaro guy out in every way. lol

Rforbes
09-06-2013, 09:36 AM
You're out of luck. My sister prefers guys with all of their teeth and a house that doesn't roll and a car that does. That leaves a Camaro guy out in every way. lol

Dont make fun of my house with wheels. I beat a mustang with it before. lol:Jedi:

Its all good man, I am stoked and it is going to be a lot of fun. I am trying to figure out how I am going to get a pit crew together to change out my tires to get in both events.

Grandpa
09-06-2013, 09:42 AM
Dont make fun of my house with wheels. I beat a mustang with it before. lol:Jedi:

Its all good man, I am stoked and it is going to be a lot of fun. I am trying to figure out how I am going to get a pit crew together to change out my tires to get in both events.

Haha! It's all in fun bro. I'd be glad to help you if needed. I'll try not to "forget" to put all the lug nuts on. :angels25:

sasquash1984
09-06-2013, 11:29 AM
As soon as my 3600 stall is done lol nothing but Yal seeing my tail lights

Rforbes
09-06-2013, 11:35 AM
As soon as my 3600 stall is done lol nothing but Yal seeing my tail lights

Its ok to trash talk Squash if you can back it up! Here is hoping we dont go spinning half way down the track!. :thumbsdown:

sasquash1984
09-06-2013, 11:36 AM
That's what testing and tuning is for

Rforbes
09-06-2013, 11:47 AM
That's what testing and tuning is for

Well hurry up and get your car done and lets do it. I want to go to a 1/4 mile track. I have not been on one for over a year.

sasquash1984
09-06-2013, 12:02 PM
It's been 5 months

Rforbes
09-10-2013, 02:53 PM
It's been 5 months

Speaking of testing, I am planning on going out to Dallas Raceway on Friday night 9/20 for some very informal test runs if anyone would like to join. The more, the merrier.

Rforbes
09-11-2013, 11:35 AM
As big as this thing is getting we could do this as a yearly thing in place of fun ford weekend and the Super Chevy show which are both going downhill very quickly.

09-11-2013, 12:13 PM
As big as this thing is getting we could do this as a yearly thing in place of fun ford weekend and the Super Chevy show which are both going downhill very quickly.

I have another racing coming that should be a big event as well. More catered to street cars that want to race 1/4 mile. Details will be posted at Mustang vs Camaro :gr_grin:

Rforbes
09-11-2013, 03:31 PM
I have another racing coming that should be a big event as well. More catered to street cars that want to race 1/4 mile. Details will be posted at Mustang vs Camaro :gr_grin:

Oh yeah, Open it up to all muscle cars! That would be great. :happy160:

09-11-2013, 03:36 PM
Oh yeah, Open it up to all muscle cars! That would be great. :happy160:

This will be open to all domistics and imports, Details to follow :headbang:

GunsUp
09-11-2013, 04:19 PM
This will be open to all domistics and imports, Details to follow :headbang:

Sounds like a new Ricekiller meet:perkinswhatever:

09-11-2013, 04:31 PM
Sounds like a new Ricekiller meet:perkinswhatever:

You might be very surprised on how fast "some" of these imports are. Im not looking for the "ricer", Only racers :headbang:

sasquash1984
09-11-2013, 05:55 PM
I pitched it before imma pitch it again muscle vs imports, ford and chevy come together to take down imports

Grandpa
09-11-2013, 05:59 PM
I pitched it before imma pitch it again muscle vs imports, ford and chevy come together to take down imports

And a bracket for cops vs all.

sasquash1984
09-11-2013, 05:59 PM
And a bracket for cops vs all.

Lol

Grandpa
09-11-2013, 06:02 PM
I think a class for the shop cars too would be cool. Putting all the local shops against eachother would be a fun rivalry and create business for all.

sasquash1984
09-11-2013, 06:03 PM
I think a class for the shop cars too would be cool. Putting all the local shops against eachother would be a fun rivalry and create business for all.

That sounds like a good one

09-11-2013, 06:39 PM

As far as I know me and Manny would be the only shops with cars. (I could be wrong) We do race once a month in the 275 drag radial events. We will be there this Saturday at Redline. You going to come and cheer me on? :favorites13:

Grandpa
09-11-2013, 08:40 PM
As far as I know me and Manny would be the only shops with cars. (I could be wrong) We do race once a month in the 275 drag radial events. We will be there this Saturday at Redline. You going to come and cheer me on? :favorites13:

If we don't have any other plans I'd love to go. :)

blownaltered
09-11-2013, 10:36 PM

Yeah two shops had that going a while back and there was damn near a huge brawl in the pits. Cops were called and people escorted out. Probably not the best idea, some people take shit to personal.

09-12-2013, 11:50 AM
Flyer is up, help spread the word to friends that are not on the car forums. This going to be a event mustangs and Camaro owners are not going to want to miss

pohnjarker
09-12-2013, 12:19 PM
looks like i need to get my sway bar relocation brackets, barton shifter, and barton 2 post bracket instealled if the wife is gracious enough to let me go since i'll finally be home for an event!

FastFordDriver
09-17-2013, 11:08 PM
Do we race either drag strip or autocross or do all cars have to race both????

03MachMe
09-18-2013, 12:14 AM

pretty sure you can just do one or the other if you want. I know there are a bunch of drag only cars that couldnt make a turn if they wanted to lol

modernbeat
09-18-2013, 10:26 AM
I think it's organized so that everyone has an opportunity to do everything.

Grandpa
09-18-2013, 11:06 AM

Should make for an interesting day organizing everything and keeping it on schedule.

blownaltered
09-18-2013, 11:32 AM
I'm going to this but I probably won't be there till close to 2pm. I have my boy's baseball game and I will either be pitching or first base coach, so I can't skip out.

09-18-2013, 11:38 AM
looks like i need to get my sway bar relocation brackets, barton shifter, and barton 2 post bracket instealled if the wife is gracious enough to let me go since i'll finally be home for an event!

Time to tell the wife how awesome she is and how one Saturday will help make your relationship stronger :peace: lol

09-18-2013, 11:47 AM

There will be many people only doing one event, I hope there is just as many doing both events (Drag Racing and Auto Crossing)

pretty sure you can just do one or the other if you want. I know there are a bunch of drag only cars that couldnt make a turn if they wanted to lol

Our shop car does awesome turns one the bigs and littles :gay:

Correct, this will be tough but not impossible. Depends on how many racer we have the plan will be to break it up into two or three groups. This way group one can be at the auto crossing or working on there car in the pits, group 2 will be at the drag track running there passes. Once both groups are done at there event we will switch, Group one to the drags and group two to the auto cross.

We are looking at 500-600 cars racing if all show up (you know how this goes) so it will be busy. the good thing is the more cars that race the closer all the race's will be :gay:

Should make for an interesting day organizing everything and keeping it on schedule.

I'm going to this but I probably won't be there till close to 2pm. I have my boy's baseball game and I will either be pitching or first base coach, so I can't skip out.

Grandpa
09-18-2013, 11:51 AM
Wow, a 600 car turnout would be nuts period let alone the very first official event. This is gonna be fun!

09-18-2013, 01:10 PM
Wow, a 600 car turnout would be nuts period let alone the very first official event. This is gonna be fun!

This is based on face book and Pm we have had, If we have anything over 300 I will very happy. This event is still growing at a rate of 4-6 people a day on facebook alone. If they all show up this should be a crazy fun day!!! Looking forward to a big event and street cars are the main focus. :rockit:

pohnjarker
09-18-2013, 01:53 PM
Time to tell the wife how awesome she is and how one Saturday will help make your relationship stronger :peace: lol

lol...after being overseas for over a year...it's going to take more than that. as dense as I am, even I realize that...lmao.

however, if I can bring her....it might help.

i'd love to try autocross for the first time, if anything i'll find out how horrible of a drive I really am.

sounds like a badass turn out is expected, id love to just see the cars that show up if anything else!

Capt_Pooty
09-18-2013, 01:57 PM
Clint, dumb question but is this still on > I checked Texas motorplex's webiste today and there is another event scheduled for that day and no mention of the Camaro Vs Mustang at all ? Just concerned ? Also getting multiple questions on LSC as well as C5 on Rules for this event if they can be answered.

Thanks,
Scott

DirtyD
09-18-2013, 02:38 PM
Clint, dumb question but is this still on > I checked Texas motorplex's webiste today and there is another event scheduled for that day and no mention of the Camaro Vs Mustang at all ? Just concerned ? Also getting multiple questions on LSC as well as C5 on Rules for this event if they can be answered.

Thanks,
Scott
TMP doesn't seem to be up to snuff on their own happenings. Probably one of the reason Fun Ford Weekend sucks so bad. They can't even put something on the schedule.

09-18-2013, 02:53 PM

Thanks,
Scott

Very Good question my friend, the Motorplex has been telling me for over two months this was being added to there schedule. I just got off the phone with the GM and said it would be up by tomorrow. But yes this event is in full swing, Hope everyone is getting last min details in order, this is not a event I would think anyone would want to miss

Time For rules

Team Camaro (any car/truck powered by a chevy motor, Big block, small block, ls1,ls2,ls3,ls6,ls7,lsa ect)

Team Mustang (anycar/truck Ford Powered, big block, small block302,351,390,400,427,429,460 ect)

There are no limits on motor, nitrous, turbos, blower.
Any tire size, slick, radial, road race tires, ect
Race cars, Street cars, trucks, are all welcome

This event will be run based on time trials, Two qualifying passes with no times being showed during qualifying. All Team Camaro will qualify together and all Team Mustang will qualify together. Once Qualifying is complete for both teams there will be a small break for lunch to give us a chance to build the latter for each team.

Team Camaro
#1 Rick Forbes
#2 Brett Dickey
#3 Slo Maro (see what I did there lol)
all the way down to the slowest qualifier

Team Mustang
#1 Steve (JKD)
#2 Nick (AKA Mr DFW 5.0)
#3 Jeff (Mr internet)

Once teams are listed from quickest to slowest we will pair up the races

Race one
Rick Forbes vs Steve (JKD)
Race two
Brett Dickey Vs Nick (AKA Mr DFW 5.0)
Race three Slo Maro Vs Jeff (Mr Internet)

and so on and so forth

The key to this plateform of racing is to have as many quick cars show up as possible. Each race there will be a point giving, Team with the most points/races won at the end of the event will have bragging rights.

This format of racing has been done for over 15 years with the buick vs ford shoot out and I can tell you with all the street cars and races cars that show up, some running 15 second 1/4 miles to 8 second 1/4 miles. I will tell you the racing is close, points are always down to the wire. If you have not been to a event run like this you have to come and see. Slow cars will have other slow cars to race, fast cars will have other fast cars to race.

Time to put the key boards down, Forget about dyno slips, and run your cars, Good times ahead!!!!!

On a side note, There is a big Money race that night for TX275 drag radial, Automatic Pro Mod, Promod Motorcycle and open Test and Tune. The Texas Motorplex has told me anyone that attends Mustang Vs Camaro will be welcome to stay with no additional cost. hang out and watch and if you want run the car some more at the open test and tune..

As always Help spread the word, get as many cars for your team. This will greatly increase your odds!!!!

DirtyD
09-18-2013, 03:09 PM
Mr. Internet! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

09-18-2013, 03:10 PM
Mr. Internet! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:throw:

Grandpa
09-18-2013, 03:14 PM
I'll post it up in some more places. Would be glad to help out for the benefit of the event. I will not be racing though most likely.

09-18-2013, 03:16 PM
I'll post it up in some more places. Would be glad to help out for the benefit of the event. I will not be racing though most likely.

Thank you Steve, But we need you. Your are a good driver and your car running deep 12's will be a big plus for Team Mustang. Weather should be cooler and I would think car might be even faster.

Grandpa
09-18-2013, 03:17 PM
Thank you Steve, But we need you. Your are a good driver and your car running deep 12's will be a big plus for Team Mustang. Weather should be cooler and I would think car might be even faster.

Shhhh. I've got a rep to uphold. These youngsters around here think I can't drive. :bleh:

Midnight11
09-18-2013, 03:23 PM
It will still be too hot for Steve to run his car

Grandpa
09-18-2013, 03:27 PM
It will still be too slow for Steve to run his car

Fixed for accuracy.

Bearded Banger
09-18-2013, 04:48 PM
Mustangfest fell through so I may come out to watch

FastFordDriver
09-18-2013, 04:50 PM
It's not limited to Camaros and Mustangs? It's really Chevy v Ford?

09-18-2013, 04:53 PM
It's not limited to Camaros and Mustangs?

90% + will be mustangs and Camaros, but is short anything with a ford motor or GM motor is welcome to run drag racing or autocross :driver:

OG Fox
09-18-2013, 05:02 PM
Fixed for accuracy.

not really, v6 camaros will be running and you are paired with someone that has a similar ET.

09-18-2013, 05:05 PM
not really, v6 camaros will be running and you are paired with someone that has a similar ET.

:jawdrop:

Grandpa
09-18-2013, 05:12 PM

Doesn't fix my lack of interest in racing/driving it though. lol

03MachMe
09-18-2013, 06:25 PM
what happened to kicking my butt in some autocross steve? most likely the biggest event the group will see all year and your not going to race?? in the words of Keyshawn Johnson, "C'mon Man"!!!

09-18-2013, 06:26 PM
what happened to kicking my butt in some autocross steve? most likely the biggest event the group will see all year and your not going to race?? in the words of Keyshawn Johnson, "C'mon Man"!!!

:popcorn:

Rebelracer568
09-18-2013, 07:28 PM
Im out. To far drive for 3 passes plus im tight on funds. Go team ford

blownaltered
09-18-2013, 09:26 PM

Don't worry he will being carrying his purse with his manpons

Grandpa
09-18-2013, 10:11 PM
Don't worry he will being carrying his purse with his manpons

0-400...jus sayin.. :peace:

blownaltered
09-18-2013, 11:26 PM
0-400...jus sayin.. :peace:

Kiss my ass I won't admit to a damn thing over 250

Grandpa
09-19-2013, 09:18 AM
kiss my ass i won't admit to a damn thing over 250

lmao!!!

sasquash1984
09-19-2013, 01:28 PM
I do like the fact that after the event we can stay and do TNT during the ultimate street event at 7 pm at no extra cost

Rforbes
09-19-2013, 02:22 PM
I do like the fact that after the event we can stay and do TNT during the ultimate street event at 7 pm at no extra cost

I will hang around for that. Might as well make a day of it.:licklips:

sasquash1984
09-19-2013, 03:29 PM
I will hang around for that. Might as well make a day of it.:licklips:

Gonna need new tires after all these passes

JPC
09-21-2013, 10:34 AM
how did I sign up?

Grandpa
09-25-2013, 10:47 AM
Hey Clint/Tim - Has a schedule of the days events been released yet? I'm trying to plan the day out. :)

DirtyD
09-25-2013, 11:45 AM
Hey Clint/Tim - Has a schedule of the days events been released yet? I'm trying to plan the day out. :)
You have been assigned to check all cars/engines for proper team placement. No racing for you.

Grandpa
09-25-2013, 11:51 AM
You have been assigned to check all cars/engines for proper team placement. No racing for you.

Keep talking, I always yawn when I'm interested.

DirtyD
09-25-2013, 11:57 AM
Keep talking, I always yawn when I'm interested.
Chain yanking. We were giving Jared hell on Facebook because he thinks that the event was completely his and Clint's idea (not getting on Clint). He was like "I designed the flyer, we discussed all this while I was in his office...I'm the one advertising...Clint is paying for it out of his pocket, so it's his event."

Being the typical tool.

I simply said that you should check all the engines since you know almost all of them tech wise, and because I thought you weren't racing. :)

TrueStreetTim
09-25-2013, 12:04 PM

It's in the works. Ironing out the details.

Grandpa
09-25-2013, 12:08 PM
Last I heard Jared was "retired" from RKC , organizing events and his site is pretty much dead. I haven't looked at anything RKC related in over a year or more so I don't know if its true or not.

Besides, who cares who's idea it was or what not. As long as it's a good event and run properly is all that counts.

I sent Clint a PM offering to volunteer to help. The PM went unanswered. If Jared is involved I can see why it went unanswered. It's all good though. I'm going to go, the wife is going as well so we can have a fun day of car stuff. Hopefully this heat will go away so it will be nice and cool outside. :)

09-25-2013, 12:36 PM
how did I sign up?

All sign ups will be the day of the event

09-25-2013, 12:45 PM

Event starts at 8:00, I will post the schedule as soon as I can. Should be by the end of the day tomorrow. But if you plan on running this event I would plan on being there at 8:00. Its going to be busy and we are going to be running the event as close to the schedule as possible. being there late might not be a good idea if your going to race.

And you are going to race :handshake:

DirtyD
09-25-2013, 12:45 PM
Last I heard Jared was "retired" from RKC , organizing events and his site is pretty much dead. I haven't looked at anything RKC related in over a year or more so I don't know if its true or not.

Besides, who cares who's idea it was or what not. As long as it's a good event and run properly is all that counts.

I sent Clint a PM offering to volunteer to help. The PM went unanswered. If Jared is involved I can see why it went unanswered. It's all good though. I'm going to go, the wife is going as well so we can have a fun day of car stuff. Hopefully this heat will go away so it will be nice and cool outside. :)
Weather should be great.

As far as I know, there is, or was, a RKC Monday meet, but IDK if it died out already or not.

He says he is strictly involved via publicity only. That's all.

09-25-2013, 12:49 PM
Chain yanking. We were giving Jared hell on Facebook because he thinks that the event was completely his and Clint's idea (not getting on Clint). He was like "I designed the flyer, we discussed all this while I was in his office...I'm the one advertising...Clint is paying for it out of his pocket, so it's his event."

Being the typical tool.

I simply said that you should check all the engines since you know almost all of them tech wise, and because I thought you weren't racing. :)

Jared is Jared, Some hate him some put up with him and some like him. I like Jared just fine and I needed a flyer put together win win for what I needed. Take it for what it is but that is all there was too it :favorites37:

Grandpa
09-25-2013, 12:56 PM
Event starts at 8:00, I will post the schedule as soon as I can. Should be by the end of the day tomorrow. But if you plan on running this event I would plan on being there at 8:00. Its going to be busy and we are going to be running the event as close to the schedule as possible. being there late might not be a good idea if your going to race.

And you are going to race :handshake:

Ok cool. I've been thinking about trying out the autocross. Just depends if it works out scheduling wise. I want the wife to go with me and our babysitter is only available from morning until mid afternoon. I'll just have to play it by ear. Thanks for replying!

Weather should be great.

As far as I know, there is, or was, a RKC Monday meet, but IDK if it died out already or not.

He says he is strictly involved via publicity only. That's all.

Jared is Jared, Some hate him some put up with him and some like him. I like Jared just fine and I needed a flyer put together win win for what I needed. Take it for what it is but that is all there was too it :favorites37:

It's all good. I hold no ill feelings towards Jared. I wish him the best of luck.

09-25-2013, 12:56 PM

Don't know anything about Jared ricekiller site, He was inlisted to build a flyer and spread the word. Nothing more or less

As far as the PM on helping there is a great chance I will need your help Steve. I promise I am not ignoring you my friend, This event has become a full time job in its self. Between running my shop, handing all the moving parts of making this event work, promoting it, t-shirts, trophies, and two new babies at home. Man I and losing my mind lol......

I will call you later if you are still interested in helping. But I would rather you race, You car runs good and your a good driver. Team ford needs you!!!!

Grandpa
09-25-2013, 01:00 PM
Don't know anything about Jared ricekiller site, He was inlisted to build a flyer and spread the word. Nothing more or less

As far as the PM on helping there is a great chance I will need your help Steve. I promise I am not ignoring you my friend, This event has become a full time job in its self. Between running my shop, handing all the moving parts of making this event work, promoting it, t-shirts, trophies, and two new babies at home. Man I and losing my mind lol......

I will call you later if you are still interested in helping. But I would rather you race, You car runs good and your a good driver. Team ford needs you!!!!

It's all good my friend. The wife is going to go now that I'm not going to work the event, so my time will be limited due to the babysitter availability. You know how it goes with the little ones, gotta take what time you can get! haha.

As I said above, I'm considering the autocross event if time allows for it. I'm not going to bother with drag racing this turd though. lol

JDBishopArts
09-25-2013, 02:03 PM

Being the typical tool.

I thought it was Dale's idea? Clint and TS just manned up and put it together. Which they are doing an awesome job of by the way.

DirtyD
09-25-2013, 02:07 PM
I thought it was Dale's idea? Clint and TS just manned up and put it together. Which they are doing an awesome job of by the way.
It was. Dale and Rick Scott (I think that's his name) from the Camaro board started the brain storming. But it was outside of their financial ability to put on a decent event.

09-25-2013, 02:14 PM

Being the typical tool.

I keep hearing multiple story's on how this event was started. the facts are Dale organized a "crashing" of a Camaro sites Camaro only car show. Dale brought more mustangs to the show than Camaros (what I Was told, I was not there or a part of this)

Some of the Camaros got mad and made a bit of a seen (again what I was told)

Dale and many of the DFW50 members got on there Camaro only web site and offered a call out to meet at northstar Drag way for a DFW50 vs Camaro web site (sorry I don't know the name of the camaro web site, I was not involved in this web site faceoff)

I contacted Dale about a Idea I had to have a big race at a 1/4 mile track with a auto cross event and maybe a brake challenge (brake challenge did not work out). I asked Dale to stop by and he did. I talked to Dale about doing to same thing Jared is doing (before I talked to jared), Build a flyer, Video ect. It did not work out for me and Dale to come together on this event.

As far as the starting of this event, These event are very far apart from what Dale had organized Mustang Web Site vs a Camaro Web site. Not sure how there event went (I was not there) But from what I understand it was line em up and race 1/8 mile. Nothing wrong with that, Good times for sure.

My idea of this race is just what it is, 1/4 mile racing, Autocross racing, Car show. I do not want to take credit for what Dale put on with Mustang Web site Vs Camaro Web Site. But at the same time I don't want it being misunder stood that I stole this idea from anyone.

I told Dale my idea before the race he organized. Dale told me his idea and what he was going to do as far as putting on a race at North Star. I told Dale I was going to push forward with the Race I was going to have and I would let him know when I needed his help. That did not work out for me and dale on this go around, But I do plan on working with dale some day soon once we have talked.

I have seen all these post dropping hints about how this event started. I have kept my side of the story to my self since I don't care if anyone knows who started this or not, this was not the point for me to get credit or not. Putting on a good event, even matched up for street cars and race cars alike is the only goal in this. But based on how this is starting to come out that this whole event was someone else idea and I took the idea and ran with it is completely false......

There was a mustang web site that challenged a Camaro web site and yes there meeting at a track and racing happened first. But my event and Dales event Share liked cars (Mustangs and Camaros) But my event is nothing like the event that was staged and preformed by Dale.

DirtyD
09-25-2013, 02:17 PM
I keep hearing multiple story's on how this event was started. the facts are Dale organized a "crashing" of a Camaro sites Camaro only car show. Dale brought more mustangs to the show than Camaros (what I Was told, I was not there or a part of this)

Some of the Camaros got mad and made a bit of a seen (again what I was told)

Dale and many of the DFW50 members got on there Camaro only web site and offered a call out to meet at northstar Drag way for a DFW50 vs Camaro web site (sorry I don't know the name of the camaro web site, I was not involved in this web site faceoff)

I contacted Dale about a Idea I had to have a big race at a 1/4 mile track with a auto cross event and maybe a brake challenge (brake challenge did not work out). I asked Dale to stop by and he did. I talked to Dale about doing to same thing Jared is doing (before I talked to jared), Build a flyer, Video ect. It did not work out for me and Dale to come together on this event.

As far as the starting of this event, These event are very far apart from what Dale had organized Mustang Web Site vs a Camaro Web site. Not sure how there event went (I was not there) But from what I understand it was line em up and race 1/8 mile. Nothing wrong with that, Good times for sure.

My idea of this race is just what it is, 1/4 mile racing, Autocross racing, Car show. I do not want to take credit for what Dale put on with Mustang Web site Vs Camaro Web Site. But at the same time I don't want it being misunder stood that I stole this idea from anyone.

I told Dale my idea before the race he organized. Dale told me his idea and what he was going to do as far as putting on a race at North Star. I told Dale I was going to push forward with the Race I was going to have and I would let him know when I needed his help. That did not work out for me and dale on this go around, But I do plan on working with dale some day soon once we have talked.

I have seen all these post dropping hints about how this event started. I have kept my side of the story to my self since I don't care if anyone knows who started this or not, this was not the point for me to get credit or not. Putting on a good event, even matched up for street cars and race cars alike is the only goal in this. But based on how this is starting to come out that this whole event was someone else idea and I took the idea and ran with it is completely false......

There was a mustang web site that challenged a Camaro web site and yes there meeting at a track and racing happened first. But my event and Dales event Share liked cars (Mustangs and Camaros) But my event is nothing like the event that was staged and preformed by Dale.
Again, what I've said was how I understood everything to have gone down. That it went from a brainstorm idea, to being planned out, and then, as I understood it, TS was given the reins to help make it a bigger and better event. Never did I state that the idea was stolen by TS, but they were in fact helping. I'm not trying to dismiss anyone else, or down talk anyone else. That's just how myself, and a good number of others, I'm sure, understood this to have gone from what it was to what it is. I never knew you had a similar idea you were already thinking about, much less the fact they were largely quite different in terms of contents.

Grandpa
09-25-2013, 02:22 PM
I would hope no one really cares about this lil petty nonsense. I'm just grateful you've picked up the ball to run with it to make something happen. More events like this are needed, especially with FFW being the miserable failure that it is these days. Do your thing Clint, don't worry about BS that doesn't matter at the end of the day.

Let's have a fun event everyone!

Rforbes
09-25-2013, 02:22 PM
Yeah, Dale started this whole thing with our group. LSC. It was a fun little rivalry that has grown quite a bit due to Clint's help in organizing the event which I personally appreciate. This was not Jarrod's brainstorm but I guess he is involved with promoting it which I think any promotion is good but it all started with Dale and Scott. (Captain Pooty) , I am Rick.
I am just looking forward to a great day of racing, seeing other cars and having a good time.

JDBishopArts
09-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Yeah, I hope that what I said wasn't out of line or taken improperly.

I was just saying that I thought it was Dales idea from the get go. Clint and TS stepped in and took it to the next next next level. Which is good for everyone.

I don't think TS has done anything to try to claim otherwise I just like to make sure credit is given to the little guys too. It was more of a shot at anyone trying to claim it was all their idea, if there was anyone. If so, I haven't seen TS do it.

It's going to be a great event. Mainly due to TS and supporting sponsors.

DirtyD
09-25-2013, 02:28 PM
Yeah, I hope that what I said wasn't out of line or taken improperly.

I was just saying that I thought it was Dales idea from the get go. Clint and TS stepped in and took it to the next next next level. Which is good for everyone.

I don't think TS has done anything to try to claim otherwise I just like to make sure credit is given to the little guys too. It was more of a shot at anyone trying to claim it was all their idea, if there was anyone. If so, I haven't seen TS do it.

It's going to be a great event. Mainly due to TS and supporting sponsors.
^This is all I was trying to say.

09-25-2013, 02:29 PM
Again, what I've said was how I understood everything to have gone down. That it went from a brainstorm idea, to being planned out, and then, as I understood it, TS was given the reins to help make it a bigger and better event. Never did I state that the idea was stolen by TS, but they were in fact helping. I'm not trying to dismiss anyone else, or down talk anyone else. That's just how myself, and a good number of others, I'm sure, understood this to have gone from what it was to what it is. I never knew you had a similar idea you were already thinking about, much less the fact they were largely quite different in terms of contents.

again there are no hard feeling and don't want anyone feeling my post is directed at them. The only reason I am posting my side my side of the story so there is no misunderstanding of this event and how it was put together. Don't want anyone having the idea this race was put together by someone else and I took it over.

09-25-2013, 02:32 PM
I would hope no one really cares about this lil petty nonsense. I'm just grateful you've picked up the ball to run with it to make something happen. More events like this are needed, especially with FFW being the miserable failure that it is these days. Do your thing Clint, don't worry about BS that doesn't matter at the end of the day.

I wanted to make sure the accurate events were posted so there is no confusion. I have some more great events coming up soon, but again I will not post to stir hipe, I will make sure I secure the venue, and get all my ducks in a row before posting.

TrueStreetTim
09-25-2013, 02:33 PM

:word:

Grandpa
09-25-2013, 03:03 PM
I'm pretty sure maybe only 1% of our memberbase was around in 1967 when the Camaro vs Mustang idea really came about. lol

JDBishopArts
09-25-2013, 03:06 PM
Dale came up with that too. Dalee ZaIacocca.

DirtyD
09-25-2013, 03:08 PM
Dale came up with that too. Dalee ZaIacocca.
:lol:

rriddle3
09-25-2013, 04:29 PM
I'm pretty sure maybe only 1% of our memberbase was around in 1967 when the Camaro vs Mustang idea really came about. lol
Hey, I resemble that. :Moon:

downtime!
09-26-2013, 02:25 AM
Hey, I resemble that. :Moon:Me too. A little bit anyway.

09-28-2013, 05:43 PM
One week away!!! Over 592 posting coming, Should be a blast!!!

https://www.facebook.com/events/153341218196044/166338553562977/?comment_id=166590913537741&notif_t=like

BeastStang1302
09-28-2013, 07:50 PM
I see the prices for racing and spectators. Is there an official car show part of the event?

Rforbes
09-30-2013, 08:45 AM
So do we have any idea of about how many 5.0 members will be attending? Just trying to get some idea of a count.

JDBishopArts
09-30-2013, 09:24 AM
...present...

brtnstrns
09-30-2013, 10:14 AM
I am for certain going. I've never drag raced and I haven't autocrossed yet, so this should be interesting as I'm planning on doing both.

Is anyone going to try to meet up early before hand to cruise down there?

Rforbes
09-30-2013, 11:07 AM
2 Huh? We may actually outnumber you guys at this event!. lol

09-30-2013, 12:12 PM
I will be there in the 91 and my wife will be racing the 11

Rforbes
09-30-2013, 12:16 PM
I will be there in the 91 and my wife will be racing the 11

Wife is racing? That is cool! Mine is dangerous in bumper cars.
Well I hope some more 5.0 guys show up as it started out as a club vs club event.:driver:

03MachMe
09-30-2013, 12:41 PM
I will be doing both events as well

Midnight11
09-30-2013, 01:51 PM
I'll be there

Rforbes
09-30-2013, 02:33 PM
I'll be there

Good to hear! I know we have about 6 or so from our club that are going to participate and and others are coming to watch. Several cars are coming that are not part of the club. Should be a great day for racing.

Midnight11
09-30-2013, 02:41 PM
We already have a good group so I'm confident in our numbers

03MachMe
09-30-2013, 02:48 PM
Nic you better be racing both events too

Midnight11
09-30-2013, 02:57 PM
Doubtful don't have room for another set of tires

03MachMe
09-30-2013, 03:17 PM

what tires you need to change?

Midnight11
09-30-2013, 03:30 PM
Borrowing a drag Set

09-30-2013, 03:54 PM

If you bring your other tires to the shop we can bring them in the trailer to the track for you, got air and tools to help change if need.

03MachMe
09-30-2013, 04:00 PM
If you bring your other tires to the shop we can bring them in the trailer to the track for you, got air and tools to help change if need.

no excuses now!!

sasquash1984
09-30-2013, 05:02 PM
I'll be there of course

brtnstrns
09-30-2013, 05:20 PM
Haha, different sets of tires? I'll be running Nitto NT555's for everything! Should be good for sliding on all the surfaces.

Grandpa
09-30-2013, 05:25 PM
High of only 73 on Saturday!

maxpayne
09-30-2013, 05:26 PM
Is a helmet required for either events - drag or autocross?

DirtyD
09-30-2013, 05:46 PM
High of only 73 on Saturday!
Good day to sit outside, eat some birthday cake, and play with the dogs. :D

Yes.

Midnight11
09-30-2013, 06:19 PM
Haha, different sets of tires? I'll be running Nitto NT555's for everything! Should be good for sliding on all the surfaces.

A drag setup won't work for auto cross like mine 275s on all 4 would

03MachMe
09-30-2013, 06:43 PM

that makes 2 of us lol

09-30-2013, 06:58 PM

Yes you will need a helmet

Grandpa
09-30-2013, 07:16 PM

And long pants.

09-30-2013, 07:17 PM
And long pants.

Correct

brtnstrns
09-30-2013, 09:15 PM

Uh oh, are there going to be any helmets to borrow?

09-30-2013, 10:22 PM
Uh oh, are there going to be any helmets to borrow?

13.99 or quicker you will need a helmet, I'm sure there will be some one that will let you borrow one if the track ask you to have one.

brtnstrns
10-02-2013, 10:17 AM
Well I may just be showing my car instead of competing. I thought I fixed the leak coming from the IRS by putting teflon sealant on the drain and fill plugs of my differential cover but the damn thing is still leaking. Don't know if I want to risk burning up my differential beating the crap out of the car.

I have no idea what the leak is coming from but it's pissing me off with as much work as I've done on this IRS. Guess we'll see.

blownaltered
10-02-2013, 05:38 PM
I know its been said before but what time is the racing and car show starting?

10-02-2013, 05:47 PM

Qualifying starts at 9:00, Gates open at 8:00 :ehcapt:

10-02-2013, 05:48 PM
Well I may just be showing my car instead of competing. I thought I fixed the leak coming from the IRS by putting teflon sealant on the drain and fill plugs of my differential cover but the damn thing is still leaking. Don't know if I want to risk burning up my differential beating the crap out of the car.

I have no idea what the leak is coming from but it's pissing me off with as much work as I've done on this IRS. Guess we'll see.

If you want to bring it by, we can put it on the lift and see where it is coming from

Grandpa
10-02-2013, 06:10 PM

You going to enter the car show?

blownaltered
10-02-2013, 10:14 PM
You going to enter the car show?

If I have time to clean it Friday, if not I will just drive the truck.

moostang09
10-03-2013, 10:08 AM
Hey everyone, trying to work with Nic and the rest if the North Dallas guys to see the best spot to meet up with y'all to cruise in to Ennis or if we should just meet y'all there?

Southern people that are going, where do y'all want to met up? I'm in Mansfield, so if Arlington or Fort Worth people want to meet here, we can cruise through Midlothian and pick those guys up and continue on to Ennis.

What do y'all think?

BeastStang1302
10-03-2013, 10:40 AM
Hey everyone, trying to work with Nic and the rest if the North Dallas guys to see the best spot to meet up with y'all to cruise in to Ennis or if we should just meet y'all there?

Southern people that are going, where do y'all want to met up? I'm in Mansfield, so if Arlington or Fort Worth people want to meet here, we can cruise through Midlothian and pick those guys up and continue on to Ennis.

What do y'all think?

Def in for this. Just let me know when and where

brtnstrns
10-03-2013, 11:11 AM

What do y'all think?

I'm in Lewisville so I'd be down for meeting up somewhere along the way. Haven't seen anyone say where people may meet yet though.

JDBishopArts
10-03-2013, 11:39 AM
How about we meet at the old Kroger in Desoto at 715? Leave the lot at 730. Address is 1001 Interstate 35 Service Rd, DeSoto, TX. Should be a good spot for everyone from everywhere.

Taxman
10-03-2013, 11:48 AM
I'll catch y'all there.

JDBishopArts
10-03-2013, 12:27 PM
People rolling out of Irving area. McDonalds at 635 and MacArthur at 7. Be there.

brtnstrns
10-03-2013, 12:42 PM
Have y'all seen that the forecast has changed? 30% chance of rain. Hopefully it's just overnight or something.

JDBishopArts
10-03-2013, 01:00 PM
From the looks of things it's overnight and should stop between 6-8 that morning. Ennis might not even get any of it. Should clear up after that.

BeastStang1302
10-03-2013, 01:38 PM
People rolling out of Irving area. McDonalds at 635 and MacArthur at 7. Be there.

So then are you Irving guys coming to the old Kroger in Desoto to meet us southerners? Or is this two separate cruising groups?

JDBishopArts
10-03-2013, 02:27 PM
Yes. This is the group to travel to the other group.

Midnight11
10-03-2013, 02:42 PM
I'm in frisco meeting up at the desoto place

03MachMe
10-03-2013, 04:56 PM
See you all in Desoto!

Grandpa
10-03-2013, 05:02 PM
Did I miss the post about the Desoto meet time/place?

Bearded Banger
10-03-2013, 05:32 PM
FB post I believe

Bearded Banger
10-03-2013, 05:33 PM
And post #167 from Bishop

Grandpa
10-03-2013, 05:39 PM
And post #167 from Bishop

Yeah, I totally overlooked that one. Too early for me to join you guys there. If I go, I probably won't even get out there until 10-11am.

Bearded Banger
10-03-2013, 05:46 PM
I don't think I'm going to be making it out. Hope everyone does good and has fun.

moostang09
10-04-2013, 01:26 AM
Mansfield guys are meeting some people from out west (Granbury/benbrook) and heading through Midlothian. I want to be there pretty close to 8:00-8:30 so I will be in Midlothian around 7:30-7:45? Does that sound about right Nick?

moostang09
10-04-2013, 01:27 AM
I'm skipping desoto. Out of the way. Just going to head straight there from Mansfield.

BeastStang1302
10-04-2013, 08:47 AM
Mansfield guys are meeting some people from out west (Granbury/benbrook) and heading through Midlothian. I want to be there pretty close to 8:00-8:30 so I will be in Midlothian around 7:30-7:45? Does that sound about right Nick?

Assuming you mean me Nick lol. Sent u a text

Taxman
10-04-2013, 12:05 PM
I'm skipping desoto. Out of the way. Just going to head straight there from Mansfield.

I'm gonna go through Ft Worth. I'll text you when I'm near where you'd be coming through. Maybe we can catch in.

brtnstrns
10-04-2013, 03:27 PM
Lame but important question: What is the food situation gonna be?

10-04-2013, 03:39 PM
Lame but important question: What is the food situation gonna be?

All the Concession stands will be open and selling food and drinks

re-rx7
10-04-2013, 04:36 PM
All the Concession stands will be open and selling food and drinks

$10 burger FTL.:signs8:

10-04-2013, 04:44 PM
$10 burger FTL.:signs8:

lol..... $10 burger will = this :Plugged:

JDBishopArts
10-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Hey Guyz! Isn't is supposed to rain tomorrow? What happens if it rains? Does the track melt? Wet t shirt contest?

DirtyD
10-04-2013, 05:04 PM
Hey Guyz! Isn't is supposed to rain tomorrow? What happens if it rains? Does the track melt? Wet t shirt contest?
Wet t-shirt contest I'm sure would make up for it.

Grandpa
10-04-2013, 05:12 PM
If it's raining in the morning I'm going back to sleep!

10-04-2013, 05:57 PM

If it rains we will have a delay till it stops, Once it stops we will have a full crew to dry it off and get back to racing.

Wet t shirt contest I get to judge :drool2:

10-04-2013, 05:57 PM
If it's raining in the morning I'm going back to sleep!

Would not expect anything less :ROFLJest:

STROKD
10-04-2013, 06:51 PM
Would not expect anything less :ROFLJest:
Us peeps without cars to race are more finiky about the weather and less die-hard to go to the track... ;)

Slow Five-O
10-04-2013, 07:26 PM
I hope yall are able to race and it doesn't rain all day. Supposed to get real chilly after the rain too.

Grandpa
10-04-2013, 07:57 PM
Us peeps without cars to race are more finiky about the weather and less die-hard to go to the track... ;)

Agreed. Plus sleep is hard to come by with two little ones at home. I gotta get it when I can. lol

JDBishopArts
10-04-2013, 10:36 PM
Hey guys. I have to be out there early tomorrow so people relying on me to run the premeet I can't anymore. Please talk with each other to see if y'all are still meeting up. I think Desoto is still a go with a few people.

wbt
10-05-2013, 12:15 AM
Looks like rain tomorrow......

brtnstrns
10-05-2013, 12:17 AM
Curious as to how many people are bailing out due to the rain. I've done too much work on my car this week in preparation to not go.

Slow Five-O
10-05-2013, 12:33 AM
Curious as to how many people are bailing out due to the rain. I've done too much work on my car this week in preparation to not go.

It said it was going to rain earlier this week on Saturday, really I'm shocked that it was right! Lol.

But the forecast is why I'm choosing to go to the dfwmustangs thing Sunday rather than this. Is prefer this event but don't have time for both!

Will this event be able to be rescheduled if it comes down to it?

re-rx7
10-05-2013, 09:11 AM
Still raining up here in OK. Looks like it should clear out ny afternoon. Just a question of how dry the track will be.

sasquash1984
10-05-2013, 10:09 PM
i think team mustang won due to 39-20 cars after 2pm

Doug
10-06-2013, 12:44 AM
:Good or Bad:i think team mustang won due to 39-20 cars after 2pm

Yep.

Grandpa
10-06-2013, 10:22 AM
Had a close call on the way home. What I feared might happen almost did. The rain started coming down and a big rig went by us throwing even more water in our lane and the ass end of the car came right out of the lane sending us instantly sideways on the highway at 55mph. Thankfully no one else was around us and I pulled it back into our lane without flying into the wall. It scared the shit out of my poor wife who usually doesn't go out to car stuff with me very often, now she sees what she's been missing. lol.

I guess that's what I get for listening to you jerkoffs giving me shit for not driving the in the weather instead of sticking to I knew I should do. I'll clean up the car today since she is absolutely filthy from the rain and it will not be driven in the rain again. haha

rriddle3
10-06-2013, 10:28 AM
Why not put street tires on the rear instead of DRs unless you're on the track?

Grandpa
10-06-2013, 10:45 AM
Why not put street tires on the rear instead of DRs unless you're on the track?

It's not a daily and the drag radials are fine for good weather driving.

blownaltered
10-06-2013, 10:50 AM
Had a close call on the way home. What I feared might happen almost did. The rain started coming down and a big rig went by us throwing even more water in our lane and the ass end of the car came right out of the lane sending us instantly sideways on the highway at 55mph. Thankfully no one else was around us and I pulled it back into our lane without flying into the wall. It scared the shit out of my poor wife who usually doesn't go out to car stuff with me very often, now she sees what she's been missing. lol.

I guess that's what I get for listening to you jerkoffs giving me shit for not driving the in the weather instead of sticking to I knew I should do. I'll clean up the car today since she is absolutely filthy from the rain and it will not be driven in the rain again. haha

If you would have stuck around there wouldn't have been an issue. I left at 5:15 and it was completely dry the entire way home till I was a mile from my house.

brtnstrns
10-06-2013, 10:52 AM
:bawl:

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2879/10109888795_2c8fed1f9d_o.jpg

Grandpa
10-06-2013, 10:58 AM
If you would have stuck around there wouldn't have been an issue. I left at 5:15 and it was completely dry the entire way home till I was a mile from my house.

We couldn't. Had limited babysitter time available.

sasquash1984
10-06-2013, 11:00 AM
It's not a daily and the drag radials are fine for good weather driving.

this, i as well got caught in the rain not fun in drag tires

Hddcrasher
10-06-2013, 11:19 AM
I was matched up against a vette in the finals. I won but could not stick around to see final results. Of the Chevy vs Ford how many matches did Ford win?

Taxman
10-06-2013, 06:09 PM
I didn't see many Chevy wins from my vantage in the staging lanes. Maybe Clint will comment on here and let us know.

Grandpa
10-06-2013, 06:59 PM
I didn't see many Chevy wins from my vantage in the staging lanes. Maybe Clint will comment on here and let us know.

Your first gear burnout sounded brutal! 2nd gear burnouts in the future bro!

DirtyD
10-06-2013, 08:45 PM
Heard the event went great, so I'm looking to see if something is posted official in the next few days.

46Tbird
10-09-2013, 10:00 AM
Are we ever going to hear about any results from this race? Besides about ten photos and Jon's video, I haven't seen or heard anyone talking about the event.

TrueStreetTim
10-09-2013, 10:05 AM
Yes. Clint will have the finer details soon. It's been discussed more on the FB page for the event but will post more here as well.

10-09-2013, 03:11 PM
Heard the event went great, so I'm looking to see if something is posted official in the next few days.

Still waiting on Data from the Motorplex from the race. There printer was out of paper and they are sending me over the info so I cant break down who won a point and who got caught sandbagging ect. But as far as official win lose, Mustang won before we started. Lot of Camaros left around 12:00, Giving team Mustang a 20 point head start before racing ever started (20 mustangs without races). By the time weather stopped misting there were only 19 point races to be won. Once the Texas motorplex gets me the data I can give details on exact points.

Are we ever going to hear about any results from this race? Besides about ten photos and Jon's video, I haven't seen or heard anyone talking about the event.

We have most if not all the points races on video and I am working on getting it loaded. Should be able to see all the races by end of the week.

DirtyD
10-09-2013, 03:17 PM
Lot of Camaros left around 12:00, Giving team Mustang a 20 point head start before racing ever started (20 mustangs without races).

:wtg:

03MachMe
10-09-2013, 03:28 PM

at least they showed up to start with....

Courtesy Flush
10-09-2013, 03:32 PM

http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af202/princec2/Fire/fire.gif

10-09-2013, 03:39 PM

I really hated to see that to.... The racing we did have was fun to see, but with a lot of the Camaros leaving early the points were awarded to the cars still there

DirtyD
10-09-2013, 03:39 PM
As soon as the date was annouced, I said I wouldn't make it, of which I had good reason to. Why would I give up some "fun time" to hang at a sausage fest. :troll3:

Had I said that I was going to be there, you could use that line. Please insert more coins to play again.

03MachMe
10-09-2013, 03:45 PM
As soon as the date was annouced, I said I wouldn't make it, of which I had good reason to. Why would I give up some "fun time" to hang at a sausage fest. :troll3:

Had I said that I was going to be there, you could use that line. Please insert more coins to play again.

then dont give people shit who at least attempted to show up and race when you didnt even attempt to show up. I did not expect it to last as long as it did and if we had another delay I was going to have to leave, as well as most of the DFW50 guys that were there. I cant blame the guys that did leave because I honestly thought we were not going to be able to get it in, very glad we did since I got a new best with the cool weather but to give people who at least tried to race crap when you didnt even attempt to make it is stupid

DirtyD
10-09-2013, 03:56 PM
then dont give people shit who at least attempted to show up and race when you didnt even attempt to show up. I did not expect it to last as long as it did and if we had another delay I was going to have to leave, as well as most of the DFW50 guys that were there. I cant blame the guys that did leave because I honestly thought we were not going to be able to get it in, very glad we did since I got a new best with the cool weather but to give people who at least tried to race crap when you didnt even attempt to make it is stupid
I intended to go up until the point the event was announced to be taking place on my girlfriend's birthday. We already had plans that day for lunch in Fort Worth with her family, of which the time that took place was 1 PM. You can't give me shit for anything because had you been in the same situation with Aubrey, you know damn well that you would have not gone. So the fact you are giving me shit for NOT blowing off the plans I already had well before this event date was set in stone is fucked up.

Now I'm waiting for you to dispute that.

03MachMe
10-09-2013, 03:59 PM
I intended to go up until the point the event was announced to be taking place on my girlfriend's birthday. We already had plans that day for lunch in Fort Worth with her family, of which the time that took place was 1 PM. You can't give me shit for anything because had you been in the same situation with Aubrey, you know damn well that you would have not gone. So the fact you are giving me shit for NOT blowing off the plans I already had well before this event date was set in stone is fucked up.

Now I'm waiting for you to dispute that.

reading fails you..... I said I'm not giving you shit about not going. I am giving you shit because you are giving shit to people who left early when you didnt even show.... you have no room to give them shit for leaving early when you didnt show. I never once said anything about the reason you didnt go. I understand why you didnt go but you give all sorts of excuses why you cant make it to stuff, this was one of the few that was a legit excuse..

JDBishopArts
10-09-2013, 04:07 PM
I was going to comment in this thread but my dogs gf is pooping on my grandmas birthday party while it's raining and my intake is too small for my new one that is being made by a guy I have to see next weekend in the snow while it's only on the street and not the track tune that might be making 5 less hp because my gears are weird and the tire ratios are too round to the square of the box.

DirtyD
10-09-2013, 04:07 PM
reading fails you..... I said I'm not giving you shit about not going. I am giving you shit because you are giving shit to people who left early when you didnt even show.... you have no room to give them shit for leaving early when you didnt show. I never once said anything about the reason you didnt go. I understand why you didnt go but you give all sorts of excuses why you cant make it to stuff, this was one of the few that was a legit excuse..
You are giving me shit about giving people shit. That's how I comprehended your post. That's why I said what I did. However, I still don't see an issue with me posting a playful retort to Clint's statement. Again, I had no intention of making this event once it was an event, so I don't see how I can be held liable for not coming when I clearly said I wouldn't. Had I said "Yes, I'll be there." then woke up Saturday morning and changed my mind, then I would be fair game.

I know that I've given excuses in the past, but I am one of the few Ft. Worth based guys that has shown up to multiple events over there in the Dallas area a few times. I think I am at least owed a small amoutn of credit for that. Sometimes plans change.

I just can't drop everything to go to a car meet sometimes, and people need to respect it.

DirtyD
10-09-2013, 04:10 PM
I'm done with this now. I'll just leave y'all to sling mud at me. I really don't care.

03MachMe
10-09-2013, 04:12 PM
You are giving me shit about giving people shit. That's how I comprehended your post. That's why I said what I did. However, I still don't see an issue with me posting a playful retort to Clint's statement. Again, I had no intention of making this event once it was an event, so I don't see how I can be held liable for not coming when I clearly said I wouldn't. Had I said "Yes, I'll be there." then woke up Saturday morning and changed my mind, then I would be fair game.

I know that I've given excuses in the past, but I am one of the few Ft. Worth based guys that has shown up to multiple events over there in the Dallas area a few times. I think I am at least owed a small amoutn of credit for that. Sometimes plans change.

I just can't drop everything to go to a car meet sometimes, and people need to respect it.

how hard is it to get... I said I am not giving you shit for not showing up, I understand you said from the start you would not be there. Thats fine whatever your reason may be. But then dont get on here and give people shit for leaving the event early. There were quite a few on both sides that had to leave early for a number of reasons. It sucked to see them leave but I don't think anyone expected the amount of delays we had. so yes I'm giving you shit for giving others shit for leaving early because you didnt even go.

DirtyD
10-09-2013, 04:16 PM
how hard is it to get... I said I am not giving you shit for not showing up, I understand you said from the start you would not be there. Thats fine whatever your reason may be. But then dont get on here and give people shit for leaving the event early. There were quite a few on both sides that had to leave early for a number of reasons. It sucked to see them leave but I don't think anyone expected the amount of delays we had. so yes I'm giving you shit for giving others shit for leaving early because you didnt even go.
I still don't see an issue with me posting a playful retort to Clint's statement.

I wasn't really all that serious with that to begin with. If I was serious I would've said it in words in a completely different manner than the emoticon/gif that I click on.

03MachMe
10-09-2013, 04:18 PM
I wasn't really all that serious with that to begin with. If I was serious I would've said it in words in a completely different manner than the emoticon/gif that I click on.

and then I posted a playful comment that you blew up about, like usual

DirtyD
10-09-2013, 04:21 PM
and then I posted a playful comment that you blew up about, like usual
With the amount of shit that I do get about that, I saw that as serious more than playful. But then again, I am kind of edgy today from shit hitting the fan here at work, because people are fucking idiots.

I apologize for taking that comment the wrong way and getting it out of proportion.

OG Fox
10-09-2013, 11:35 PM
:smiley-face-popcorn

Stangmaster281
10-09-2013, 11:57 PM
Well that escalated quickly.....

46Tbird
10-10-2013, 12:01 AM
goddam vagina monologues up in here

So.. new best huh? Congrats. What did you run?

sasquash1984
10-10-2013, 12:21 AM

very disappointed in our turnout :buttkick:

03MachMe
10-10-2013, 03:03 AM
goddam vagina monologues up in here

So.. new best huh? Congrats. What did you run?
12.654@111 not too bad for stock with almost bald shitty nitto 555s.

Taxman
10-10-2013, 10:41 AM
Your first gear burnout sounded brutal! 2nd gear burnouts in the future bro!

That was second gear.

Doug
10-10-2013, 08:07 PM
I lost my race when I should have easily beat my camaro challener. Can ran like crap for my race. Oh well it was a fun event.