PDA

View Full Version : Fun Ford Weekend in Ennis - Sept. 7th

BeastStang1302
09-03-2013, 11:52 PM
Brent and I will be attending this, anyone else plan on going to this?

http://texasmotorplex.com/events/2011-fun-ford-weekend-presented-by-je-pistons-roushyates/

OG Fox
09-04-2013, 02:24 AM
Brent and I will be attending this, anyone else plan on going to this?

http://texasmotorplex.com/events/2011-fun-ford-weekend-presented-by-je-pistons-roushyates/

just aint what it used to be. ill be holding my breath for camaro mustang.

Grandpa
09-04-2013, 08:46 AM
just aint what it used to be. ill be holding my breath for camaro mustang.

It's unfortunate, but I agree. FFW is no where near what it used to be. It's a very expensive, poorly run event with very little attendance.

blownaltered
09-04-2013, 10:06 AM
It's unfortunate, but I agree. FFW is no where near what it used to be. It's a very expensive, poorly run event with very little attendance.

I quit going years ago. The first few times I went there were plenty of vendors, the cars were great and it was packed. A few years later there were only 2 or 3 vendors and well it wasn't packed. The event died quickly, I wish it was like it used to be but to me its a waist of money now.

Grandpa
09-04-2013, 10:15 AM
I quit going years ago. The first few times I went there were plenty of vendors, the cars were great and it was packed. A few years later there were only 2 or 3 vendors and well it wasn't packed. The event died quickly, I wish it was like it used to be but to me its a waist of money now.

Yeah back when FFW was booming, there was rows and rows of vendors on the Midway and a swap meet with good deals to be found. Now - nothing.

blownaltered
09-04-2013, 11:15 AM
Yeah back when FFW was booming, there was rows and rows of vendors on the Midway and a swap meet with good deals to be found. Now - nothing.

I used to buy my slicks there because I always got the best deal. It was nice back then, I used to always go with a decent amount of money on me because I would get stuff I needed cheaper than any other time of year. Now the only real vendor that shows up is UPR and I don't really buy anything from them.

Grandpa
09-04-2013, 11:19 AM
I used to buy my slicks there because I always got the best deal. It was nice back then, I used to always go with a decent amount of money on me because I would get stuff I needed cheaper than any other time of year. Now the only real vendor that shows up is UPR and I don't really buy anything from them.

If you buy anything from UPR, Kevin will kill you.

blownaltered
09-04-2013, 11:30 AM
If you buy anything from UPR, Kevin will kill you.

I haven't purchased anything from them in at least 6 years. I won't now for sure since I have a vert and all that billet shit gets way to hot to touch.

Grandpa
09-04-2013, 11:46 AM
I haven't purchased anything from them in at least 6 years. I won't now for sure since I have a vert and all that billet shit gets way to hot to touch.

It only gets hot if your car sees sunlight...

blownaltered
09-04-2013, 11:49 AM
It only gets hot if your car sees sunlight...

I took it out Saturday when it was daylight. When it got around a 100, I went home and put her back in the garage.

BLK2012GT
09-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Fuck fun ford

BeastStang1302
09-04-2013, 05:16 PM
Fuck fun ford

LOL bad memories too I guess.

It's coo, just figured I'd ask everyone to see. I've been attending this and the one in Houston the past 3 or 4 years and the turn out has always been pretty good. I know they stopped doing these events a few years back, but when it came back last year the turnout was pretty good.

Black_5.0
09-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Ill be going out there. My wife has never seen 1/4 mile drag racing only 1/8 so it will be fun

Taxman
09-06-2013, 05:00 PM
I'll be down there with a few friends from DFWMCC. We went last year, and no it's not what it was, but hell what is? It was still a good time.

moostang09
09-06-2013, 06:19 PM
How much does it cost to go spectate?

Taxman
09-06-2013, 10:12 PM
$10 to park in the spectator lot. $20 to park in the pits.

BeastStang1302
09-06-2013, 11:23 PM
I'll be down there with a few friends from DFWMCC. We went last year, and no it's not what it was, but hell what is? It was still a good time.

Exactly what I was saying. Think my perspective of the event is different then Steve, Jeff, etc because I didn't attend the event when it was at its prime. So to me the events are pretty good from what I've seen when i first started attending.

What time are you and your group heading that way tomorrow?

BeastStang1302
09-06-2013, 11:29 PM
How much does it cost to go spectate?

What happen to the ecoboost challenge lol?

Taxman
09-06-2013, 11:39 PM
Exactly what I was saying. Think my perspective of the event is different then Steve, Jeff, etc because I didn't attend the event when it was at its prime. So to me the events are pretty good from what I've seen when i first started attending.

What time are you and your group heading that way tomorrow?

I'm meeting a friend in Corinth around 8 and headed down there. Some of my friends are going to be there in Ennis at 8. I'm not that excited about getting there early.

BeastStang1302
09-06-2013, 11:49 PM
I'm meeting a friend in Corinth around 8 and headed down there. Some of my friends are going to be there in Ennis at 8. I'm not that excited about getting there early.

Yea, that's way to early for me lol. I'll probably get there round 10. Guess I'll see you around there. I'll be around wit Brent or Noah from Precision Mustang.

blownaltered
09-08-2013, 03:59 AM
I was reading on another board it was worse than ever this year. They say there were no vendors and one car showed for the 5.0 shoot out. Sounds to me like this just needs die for good.

OG Fox
09-08-2013, 04:39 AM
I was reading on another board it was worse than ever this year. They say there were no vendors and one car showed for the 5.0 shoot out. Sounds to me like this just needs die for good.

yeah heard it was terrible. if ford doesnt support it, then why should we?

BLK2012GT
09-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Told y'all it was shitty now.

Taxman
09-08-2013, 08:13 PM
It was the worst ever. It was good meeting you Nick, but other than hanging out with my friends, this was a shitty event. I won't go back next year.

Grandpa
09-08-2013, 08:25 PM
I tried to tell ya'll. lol

BeastStang1302
09-08-2013, 08:59 PM
It was the worst ever. It was good meeting you Nick, but other than hanging out with my friends, this was a shitty event. I won't go back next year.

Good meeting n talking to u too. Yea it was pretty sad that ford racing didn't even come out to support. Believe the girl at gate booth knew it too. most people got in for free or a discount.

Kosovobandit
09-09-2013, 01:00 PM
I just dont get some people. I know that the event wasnt what it use to be, but to everyone who says that it is not that. YOU are part of the problem not the solution. If you would work to make it a better event vendors would come back, prize money could possibly go up, categories would come back, and overall attendace would go up. Instead you sit on your computer complaining about it. What did I do. I went and ran winning a class with the help of great friends and fellow racers.

DirtyD
09-09-2013, 01:06 PM
I just dont get some people. I know that the event wasnt what it use to be, but to everyone who says that it is not that. YOU are part of the problem not the solution. If you would work to make it a better event vendors would come back, prize money could possibly go up, categories would come back, and overall attendace would go up. Instead you sit on your computer complaining about it. What did I do. I went and ran winning a class with the help of great friends and fellow racers.
From my understanding, the event has been on the heavy decline over the last 4 years or so, not because of community support, but support from vendors and what not. Hell, TMP may not even be pushing it as hard as they once did. It wasn't even listed on their events list on their website. So there is one problem. Unless you knew about it through other people, how were you supposed to know? I saw no advertising on forums, radio, TV, or anything. Just word of mouth.

Ford is pulling themselves out of all NHRA sponsorships, so why should they still sponsor/vendor a small race series at TMP?

Grandpa
09-09-2013, 01:16 PM
I just dont get some people. I know that the event wasnt what it use to be, but to everyone who says that it is not that. YOU are part of the problem not the solution. If you would work to make it a better event vendors would come back, prize money could possibly go up, categories would come back, and overall attendace would go up. Instead you sit on your computer complaining about it. What did I do. I went and ran winning a class.

I understand where you are coming from and somewhat agree, but the failure of FFW lies soley on the people who miserably attempt organize it.

FFW has been very poorly run for a very long time. They do very little marketing or advertising for it. Most people you talk to right now don't even know it was still happening the last couple of years.

Just about anyone you talk to you with about FFW will tell you that it was too expensive, very poorly run with very little structure and they always hold it in the intense heat of the summer.

When planning an event, an organizer must do everything they can for the best chances for successful event. If you look at what they do, or more importantly what they DON'T do, it seems they are preparing to fail and get what they prepare for.

I bet you for the upcoming Camaro vs Mustang event, there will be a great turnout even with Mustangfest being the same weekend because the organizers are making sure that people are aware of the event and making it affordable in the month of October when it's a bit cooler out. ;)

03MachMe
09-09-2013, 01:18 PM
I understand where you are coming from and somewhat agree, but the failure of FFW lies soley on the people who miserably attempt organize it.

FFW has been very poorly run for a very long time. They do very little marketing or advertising for it. Most people you talk to right now don't even know it was still happening the last couple of years.

Just about anyone you talk to you with about FFW will tell you that it was too expensive, very poorly run with very little structure and they always hold it in the intense heat of the summer.

When planning an event, an organizer must do everything they can for the best chances for successful event. If you look at what they do, or more importantly what they DON'T do, it seems they are preparing to fail and get what they prepare for.

I bet you for the upcoming Camaro vs Mustang event, there will be a great turnout even with Mustangfest being the same weekend because the organizers are making sure that people are aware of the event and making it affordable in the month of October when it's a bit cooler out. ;)

yep because we know these 5.0s dont run when its too hot out, right Steve

Grandpa
09-09-2013, 01:38 PM

LOL, smart ass. It's more like people don't want to be sitting in Ennis's metal stands cooking like a fried egg.

DirtyD
09-09-2013, 01:43 PM
:poker:

LOL, smart ass. It's more like people don't want to be sitting in Ennis's metal stands cooking like a fried egg.
I like my eggs fried and scrambled. With a little bacon too.

Grandpa
09-09-2013, 01:51 PM
I like my eggs fried and scrambled. With a little bacon too.

Good thing too considering your car runs like a pig. :poker:

DirtyD
09-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Good thing too considering your car runs like a pig. :poker:
Well you of all people know how these cars suck in extreme heat, so that makes sense.

Grandpa
09-09-2013, 02:48 PM
Well you of all people know how these cars suck in extreme heat, so that makes sense.

You suck at talking shit. I've never said these cars suck in the heat. It's just a personal choice not to beat on my car in the heat. Big difference.

DirtyD
09-09-2013, 02:57 PM
You suck at talking shit. I've never said these cars suck in the heat. It's just a personal choice not to beat on my car in the heat. Big difference.
Who said I was talking shit?

My car isn't a pig. The car itself is probably on par with your car. Only different is the hooves and porkchop driving the car. You know I don't have the experience at the track you do.

Still need to do our street race and let's see how that goes.

Grandpa
09-09-2013, 03:09 PM
Still need to do our street race and let's see how that goes.

Well let me know if you ever get off of puppy duty..

DirtyD
09-09-2013, 03:13 PM
Well let me know if you ever get off of puppy duty..
I'm off puppy duty. I left him at home basically all day yesterday while I did errands.

Now it's just a matter of cutting down on the constant driving I've done lately. 2 tanks of gas in a little over a week sucks on the wallet, especially while trying to recover from money/CC bills in Vegas....