PDA

View Full Version : When Are You Too Old too...

Dominic Toretto
09-03-2013, 10:05 PM
Play video games? I was thinking about some of the content in video games now and there is no way I would let my child play the games I do. Bioshock as an example is really graphic and realistic. Clearly this was designed for someone over 18 years old and some content is really mature/sexual in nature. I don't play online I limit my nerd skills to just playing the games solo for the story. With the way games are going, I could see myself with an Xbox well into my 40s.

-Alex

MidWest281
09-03-2013, 10:56 PM
I don't think you're ever too old to play video games. I personally just opt to do other things with my time.

Dark Pony
09-04-2013, 06:09 AM
I don't think you're ever too old to play video games. I personally just opt to do other things with my time.

Agreed. While I have a PS3 and X Box 360, I end up hardly ever playing them. Then again I have a buddy that's 30 years old, lives at his parents house, smokes pot, still waits tables and plays video games all day. :facepalm:

DirtyD
09-04-2013, 08:35 AM
I play every now and again, but haven't played in awhile. While in college still I found the time, but now with work and having the dog, other things will occupy my time.

Grandpa
09-04-2013, 08:54 AM
I'm old and I still enjoy playing them when I have the chance. It's cheap entertainment that keeps me from going out and blowing money I don't need to be spending money on.

DirtyD
09-04-2013, 09:49 AM
I'm old and I still enjoy playing them when I have the chance. It's cheap entertainment that keeps me from going out and blowing money I don't need to be spending money on.

Exactly.

But then I typically end up staying up WAAAAY too late on a week night. :lol:

blownaltered
09-04-2013, 11:48 AM
Exactly.

But then I typically end up staying up WAAAAY too late on a week night. :lol:

That's why I quit playing during the week. I like video games but don't play that often any more. Now when grand theft auto V hits my table I might break my normal rules so I can play the hell out of it. I know a guy taking off work the day it comes out so he can stay home and play it.

Phuck Phace
09-04-2013, 01:11 PM
I only play a few times a year with the release of something big, IE: GTA, Mass Effect...

...I have a buddy that's 30 years old, lives at his parents house, smokes pot, still waits tables and plays video games all day. :facepalm:

Hell yeah, that's the life right there.

BlueBolt
09-04-2013, 03:04 PM
I don't play as much anymore but I still play NCAA football and call of duty sometimes. Skipped the last COD but plan on playing the next one. If I have free time I usually do something with the wife or try to find something constructive to do.

OG Fox
09-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Play video games? I was thinking about some of the content in video games now and there is no way I would let my child play the games I do. Bioshock as an example is really graphic and realistic. Clearly this was designed for someone over 18 years old and some content is really mature/sexual in nature. I don't play online I limit my nerd skills to just playing the games solo for the story. With the way games are going, I could see myself with an Xbox well into my 40s.

-Alex

NEVER TOO OLD FOR ANYTHING FOO.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/dz5502/DAFUQ-GIF_zps66aefe3d.gif?t=1378275253

BLK2012GT
09-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Lmao