PDA

View Full Version : Looks like I'll be getting one of these... Dang Texas LP Law...

Dan12GT
09-02-2013, 07:09 PM
Well... due to the new law going into effect, I guess i'll be buying one of these for my LP. FML...

http://www.americanmuscle.com/flipdown-licenseplate-manual.html

http://www.dallasnews.com/investigations/watchdog/20130831-does-your-car-have-a-front-license-plate-if-not-you-could-face-a-200-fine.ece

GunsUp
09-02-2013, 07:25 PM
That's cute

JDBishopArts
09-02-2013, 10:31 PM
Yeah I won't be doing that.

BLK2012GT
09-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Yea I'm good

Grandpa
09-02-2013, 11:27 PM
My 5.0 has a front plate (damn stealership) but the Mach doesn't and hasn't in the 11 years we have owned it.

GunsUp
09-02-2013, 11:43 PM
My 5.0 has a front plate (damn stealership) but the Mach doesn't and hasn't in the 11 years we have owned it.

Can I get you a nipple for that excuse:driver:

STROKD
09-02-2013, 11:52 PM
so mother fucken lame, ill just be watching for cops to turn around and ducking into neighborhoods and out of the way spots avoiding them like I have been for years. Just have to be more on my game now.:suicide:

Grandpa
09-03-2013, 12:11 AM
Can I get you a nipple for that excuse:driver:

Can I shove my banhammer up your ass for 24 hours for being an asshat?

DirtyD
09-03-2013, 01:07 AM
www.ccmustangbrackets.com

merlinmol
09-03-2013, 02:59 AM
Can I shove my banhammer up your ass for 24 hours for being an asshat?

Please tell me you are joking Steve.

Grandpa
09-03-2013, 08:31 AM
Please tell me you are joking Steve.

I was just going to use the handle, not the whole thing....

Clearly I was joking because I didn't ban him. lol

re-rx7
09-03-2013, 09:19 AM
I keep my car registered in Oklahoma for this reason.

Rebelracer568
09-03-2013, 10:25 AM
Yea want be putting mine on. never got one from dealership

Grandpa
09-03-2013, 10:41 AM
Why don't motorcycles have to have a front plate?

03MachMe
09-03-2013, 10:45 AM
Why don't motorcycles have to have a front plate?

Same reason they don't have to have two headlights or tail lights. Not enough room

Grandpa
09-03-2013, 10:50 AM
Same reason they don't have to have two headlights or tail lights. Not enough room

I see Harley's everyday with two or three headlights on them and there are several sports bikes with 2 headlights. If they can fit a smaller LP on the back of every bike, why isn't it required for the front like on cars?

03MachMe
09-03-2013, 10:54 AM
I see Harley's everyday with two or three headlights on them and there are several sports bikes with 2 headlights. If they can fit a smaller LP on the back of every bike, why isn't it required for the front like on cars?

because just because there are bike big enough doesnt mean all bikes are. There are different requirements for bikes just like different requirements for buses, semis, etc. by your logic do you want to have to have more orange lights on the side of your car because semis have to have them and they can fit on your car so why shouldnt you have to have them...

Grandpa
09-03-2013, 11:10 AM
I'm just asking questions. lol

When you are at work, do you find that cars not having a front plate effecting what you do? Or is it used more of a reason to stop a car if you suspect other laws broken?

03MachMe
09-03-2013, 11:15 AM
I'm just asking questions. lol

When you are at work, do you find that cars not having a front plate effecting what you do? Or is it used more of a reason to stop a car if you suspect other laws broken?

It does help with witnesses. If a vehicle has a front plate we are a lot more likely to get at least a partial plate from a suspect vehicle.

Grandpa
09-03-2013, 11:31 AM
It does help with witnesses. If a vehicle has a front plate we are a lot more likely to get at least a partial plate from a suspect vehicle.

In that case it's difficult not to agree with there being a need for the front plate law. As a car guy, of course I think it sucks, but if there is a legit need for it so be it. As I said, there is one on the front of my 5.0 already, I don't like it but it's required so it will stay there.

Dan12GT
09-03-2013, 12:12 PM
Ya my car attracts enough attention as it is an I don't need cops looking for a reason to pull me over. With the law revised they now have a legitimate means to fine us for this violation / check you out. I don't like it either but I also don't want to be pulled over just for a front license plate. I see cops literally EVERY day pulling people over on 114 in South Lake. At least with this bracket, it is easy to hide it at car events.

03MachMe
09-03-2013, 12:14 PM
There is also one on stangmods.com and a guy sells one on SVTP that I like better than that one

re-rx7
09-03-2013, 12:19 PM
I have been pulled over for it even though im not required to have one. Like Dan said its an excuse to pull you over.

03MachMe
09-03-2013, 12:22 PM
I have been pulled over for it even though im not required to have one. Like Dan said its an excuse to pull you over.

yep just like speeding, fail to signal, running stop signs, etc...:snoopfacepalm:

Dan12GT
09-03-2013, 12:50 PM
yep just like speeding, fail to signal, running stop signs, etc...:snoopfacepalm:

Yep its just as much as a violation as any of these. I hate to do it but looks like i'll have to. If I didn't daily drive it I would be a lot more inclined to not put it on.

re-rx7
09-03-2013, 12:57 PM

Oh no excuse me. I figured the point would get across but you went full retard.:Nonono:

BLK2012GT
09-03-2013, 01:03 PM
Fuck the police I'm not putting a front LP on my car. HAHAHAHA EABOD Ryan. But I still love you with all my heart.

RedRaider5.0
09-03-2013, 01:44 PM
www.ccmustangbrackets.com

I bought the bulet and ordered one of these last night. I pass way to many cops in Rowlett that love pulling people over to chance it.

El_Tortuga
09-03-2013, 01:51 PM
because just because there are bike big enough doesnt mean all bikes are. There are different requirements for bikes just like different requirements for buses, semis, etc. by your logic do you want to have to have more orange lights on the side of your car because semis have to have them and they can fit on your car so why shouldnt you have to have them...

I notice the cop on here doesn't sport a plate on his front either. :)

03MachMe
09-03-2013, 03:00 PM
I notice the cop on here doesn't sport a plate on his front either. :)

not for the past year because it wasn't enforceable. I don't drive my car that much but if I get pulled over for it I am as much in violation as anyone else. My bumper already has holes on it so my plate will most likely go back on here shortly.

03MachMe
09-03-2013, 03:01 PM
Oh no excuse me. I figured the point would get across but you went full retard.:Nonono:

you do seem to be the expert around here on going full retard so I guess you would know.

JDBishopArts
09-03-2013, 03:46 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8uxyusSIx1rdkptuo1_250.gif

Grandpa
09-03-2013, 03:52 PM
you do seem to be the expert around here on going full retard so I guess you would know.

FPp4qb-phrA

re-rx7
09-03-2013, 03:54 PM
Wow. Hell of a comeback. :gayfight:
FPp4qb-phrA

I was thinking the same damn thing. :893karatesmiley-thu Mach me is probally a profiler. LOL

JDBishopArts
09-03-2013, 03:58 PM
Here's a good idea. Let's talk crap to a cop.

Midnight11
09-03-2013, 03:59 PM

What do ou expect from a ricer

Grandpa
09-03-2013, 04:05 PM
Does Rx7 have a Stang? I mean has anyone actually seen it?

Grandpa
09-03-2013, 04:07 PM

ykyQuIAdiZ4

re-rx7
09-03-2013, 04:21 PM
What do ou expect from a ricer
You tell me mr.badass.
Pics in the pic thread.
ykyQuIAdiZ4

:ROFLJest:

Midnight11
09-03-2013, 04:26 PM
Yea maybe one day you will show up to a meet. Hope you can drive since you like to run your mouth a lot

re-rx7
09-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Yea maybe one day you will show up to a meet. Hope you can drive since you like to run your mouth a lot

Maybe I can Maybe I cant? :love51:

Grandpa
09-03-2013, 04:29 PM

????

re-rx7
09-03-2013, 04:36 PM
????

I drive a camaro ZL2. Think about that shit. :chicken:

brembo12
09-07-2013, 03:25 AM
Well... due to the new law going into effect, I guess i'll be buying one of these for my LP. FML...

http://www.americanmuscle.com/flipdown-licenseplate-manual.html

http://www.dallasnews.com/investigations/watchdog/20130831-does-your-car-have-a-front-license-plate-if-not-you-could-face-a-200-fine.ece

more Government control.....US turning into a taxed police state.... :025: it is revenue enhancement no more....the police can call it anything they want......i am 55 and was not born yesterday......and yes this is the US and I have my freedom to speak and type right here........and yes I have a front plate......I don't want the hassle....

03MachMe
09-07-2013, 03:52 AM
I promise you there are not enough front plate tickets written to come close to covering the cost of making the extra plate. So explain to me how this is for revenue enhancement.

OG Fox
09-07-2013, 04:58 AM
I promise you there are not enough front plate tickets written to come close to covering the cost of making the extra plate. So explain to me how this is for revenue enhancement.

hey ryan, do you know if antiques have to get a front plate.? because the dmv only gave me one plate. a

03MachMe
09-07-2013, 06:24 AM
hey ryan, do you know if antiques have to get a front plate.? because the dmv only gave me one plate. a

I do not believe they do but I will double check

El_Tortuga
09-07-2013, 08:34 AM
Antiques are only single

DirtyD
09-07-2013, 03:33 PM

Exactly why they should say "no more front plate."

The cost the state could save from producing that extra plate could easily be out towards much better things...like education children.

Dominic Toretto
09-07-2013, 09:56 PM
I've passed a few officers recently even travelling higher than the speed limit and not pulled over yet. Knock on crotch. I never had a front plate on my Supra or Corvette. Was only ticketed once for not having a front plate. In that instance I was pulled over for going 3 mph over the speed limit.

-Alex

OG Fox
09-08-2013, 04:40 AM
I've passed a few officers recently even travelling higher than the speed limit and not pulled over yet. Knock on crotch. I never had a front plate on my Supra or Corvette. Was only ticketed once for not having a front plate. In that instance I was pulled over for going 3 mph over the speed limit.

-Alex

fyi, they were pulling people over at cars n coffee for the front plate. it was crazy.

DirtyD
09-08-2013, 10:55 AM
fyi, they were pulling people over at cars n coffee for the front plate. it was crazy.

Seriously?

Talk about pigs. That's crap they were basically baiting people.

GunsUp
09-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Ryan is it true that Corvettes do not have to have a front plate?

Grandpa
09-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Seriously?

It's not crap. It's the law regardless if you agree with it or not. That is the chance you take when not running a front plate or not abiding by any law. You're aware of it, don't complain if it's enforced against you. The police are there every month, it should come to no surprise people were getting stopped for it.

03MachMe
09-08-2013, 12:23 PM
Seriously?

Yes explain to me how we baited people to show up with no front plate on their car.... I am willing to bet there were almost no tickets for front plate given. Prolly just letting people know they will be enforcing it once again. But your right plano pd hosted c&c just so they could pull people over for no front plate you figured it out. Good thing you were too busy with your dog so you didn't get baited into the trap.

Dominic Toretto
09-08-2013, 12:31 PM
Ryan is it true that Corvettes do not have to have a front plate?

I can answer that without being an officer. Corvettes are just as much a car as anything else and just as required to have a front plate. I had my Corvette for over 5 years and was never pulled over for that reason alone. Most officers from my own personal experience were very cool with me not using one. Never even mentioned it except for one occasion. I've had my unfair share of profiling and blatant harassment from cops but it appears they have other things to worry about than front plates whether or not I was in the wrong or not. But with this law "changing" that may change. Who knows?

-Alex

Grandpa
09-08-2013, 12:32 PM
Yes explain to me how we baited people to show up with no front plate on their car.... I am willing to bet there were almost no tickets for front plate given. Prolly just letting people know they will be enforcing it once again. But your right plano pd hosted c&c just so they could pull people over for no front plate you figured it out. Good thing you were too busy with your dog so you didn't get baited into the trap.

Ryan, please do not stop drug dealers coming and going from their crack houses any longer. You're entrapping them, you pig. :hahano:

Dominic Toretto
09-08-2013, 12:47 PM
Ryan, please do not stop drug dealers coming and going from their crack houses any longer. You're entrapping them, you pig. :hahano:

I can understand the argument from both Ryan and Derek's perspective. Yes we all know it's a law but, for the longest time, there was no slaps on the wrists issued. To an enthusiast, the law is a joke to begin with. So to the demographic of people at the meet that have beautiful and stunning cars and would hate to really butcher up the front end, it does seem like a bit much to actually issue tickets. If anything, to maintain the integrity of the meet and keep the environment safe and balanced, if I were one of the cops, I would have just announced at the exit as people were leaving that "Hey guys I know you all were aware that we were not enforcing front plates but, from now on we are."

Seriously, don't you think that would have made a far better impression on everyone(cops and enthusiasts alike) instead of actually issuing tickets? If I were there and I received a ticket, this would definitely re-enforce the general negativity associated with police. If I were at that meet and was simply given a warning, then I would have a much more respectable opinion about the situation. Did they really think most of those people would show up in their super exotics wearing front plates after years of not having to?

-Alex

JDMLOL
09-08-2013, 12:58 PM
I really don't see why front plates are such a BFD. You're issued two and are required to display both. If you don't like it get a ticket or get a bracket that either hides it or allows for easy removal at shows. Is it not a fix it ticket anyways?

Grandpa
09-08-2013, 01:05 PM
I can understand the argument from both Ryan and Derek's perspective. Yes we all know it's a law but, for the longest time, there was no slaps on the wrists issued. To an enthusiast, the law is a joke to begin with. So to the demographic of people at the meet that have beautiful and stunning cars and would hate to really butcher up the front end, it does seem like a bit much to actually issue tickets. If anything, to maintain the integrity of the meet and keep the environment safe and balanced, if I were one of the cops, I would have just announced at the exit as people were leaving that "Hey guys I know you all were aware that we were not enforcing front plates but, from now on we are."

Seriously, don't you think that would have made a far better impression on everyone(cops and enthusiasts alike) instead of actually issuing tickets? If I were there and I received a ticket, this would definitely re-enforce the general negativity associated with police. If I were at that meet and was simply given a warning, then I would have a much more respectable opinion about the situation. Did they really think most of those people would show up in their super exotics wearing front plates after years of not having to?

-Alex

Ignorance is not a legit excuse. You are required by law to keep yourself informed on any laws if you are a licensed driver in the state of Texas. Do people do their due diligence to stay informed, no. But it's not the states responsibility to make sure you are doing what you agreed to when you signed an application for your DL. It's personal accountibilty that you are trying to push off on the state. It's the law, suck it up. If you don't want to be stopped, put your front plate on. If you don't want to run the front plate, don't but then accept the responsibility of your actions. I don't have a plate on the front of the Mach. If I get stopped for it it's my own fault.

Lastly, police officers are not law makers, just enforcers. If you have an issue with the front plate law, write the state. The guy in blue is just doing his job.

Dominic Toretto
09-08-2013, 01:19 PM
Ignorance is not a legit excuse. You are required by law to keep yourself informed on any laws if you are a licensed driver in the state of Texas. Do people do their due diligence to stay informed, no. But it's not the states responsibility to make sure you are doing what you agreed to when you signed an application for your DL. It's personal accountibilty that you are trying to push off on the state. It's the law, suck it up. If you don't want to be stopped, put your front plate on. If you don't want to run the front plate, don't but then accept the responsibility of your actions. I don't have a plate on the front of the Mach. If I get stopped for it it's my own fault.

Lastly, police officers are not law makers, just enforcers. If you have an issue with the front plate law, write the state. The guy in blue is just doing his job.

I guess you missed the part where I said I understand BOTH Ryan and Derek's perspective.

-Alex

five.slow
11-06-2013, 12:59 AM
wish having a plate in the windshield was good enough.

DirtyD
11-06-2013, 01:10 AM
wish having a plate in the windshield was good enough.

Safety hazard.

And for the record, I never saw the response I got from my comment.

Ryan is obsessed with my dog, apparently. :rolleyes:

Didn't know that Plano PD hosted Cars and Coffee either. :rolleyes:

It took over two months for me to be stopped for no front plate on my car. And it was a state trooper that did so. Just for a warning. So if city police cared to waste their time on that, I would've gotten pulled over a long time ago.

five.slow
11-06-2013, 01:16 AM
safety hazard?? LOL id rather make a winshield banner with my licence plate number on it than put a plate on the front of my car. wouldnt be so bad if the plate looked like it belonged on the car but they dont.

DirtyD
11-06-2013, 01:19 AM
safety hazard?? LOL id rather make a winshield banner with my licence plate number on it than put a plate on the front of my car. wouldnt be so bad if the plate looked like it belonged on the car but they dont.

You get in a wreck, thin piece of metal becomes a flying guillotine.

five.slow
11-06-2013, 04:56 PM
You get in a wreck, thin piece of metal becomes a flying guillotine.

so does a coffee cup or phone. use to have a 95 trans am that i kept the license in the winshield with some suction cups.

not trying to justify the safety part or argue it but damn i hate front license plates. i understand the law and why but blaaaa. i never argue with law enforcement or talk shit about them but hopefully they have better things to give me tickets for. iv calmed down a lot since my earlier days so i guess the only excuse they will have no is i dont have a front license plate. "hi osifer, how can i help yous?" "sir have you been drinking?" "sure why not" "please step out of the vehicle sir" "naw you get in im too drunk to stand, here let me get these cans out of your way" lol

Courtesy Flush
11-06-2013, 05:26 PM
Some of you guys get so worked up over this front plate thing.
There is plenty of mounting options out there that prevent the need for drilling holes.
You know the rules for plates, why complain about it if you get cited.

DirtyD
11-06-2013, 06:02 PM
so does a coffee cup or phone. use to have a 95 trans am that i kept the license in the winshield with some suction cups.

not trying to justify the safety part or argue it but damn i hate front license plates. i understand the law and why but blaaaa. i never argue with law enforcement or talk shit about them but hopefully they have better things to give me tickets for. iv calmed down a lot since my earlier days so i guess the only excuse they will have no is i dont have a front license plate. "hi osifer, how can i help yous?" "sir have you been drinking?" "sure why not" "please step out of the vehicle sir" "naw you get in im too drunk to stand, here let me get these cans out of your way" lol
I was just stating verbatim what the Texas DPS officer told me when he stopped me for the same thing. LOL

five.slow
11-06-2013, 06:38 PM
like i said i wont argue with them. no reason to be on youtube getting my face beat in by a cop i pissed off lol. could be worse. in cali they let bikes cut lanes and iv almost hit 4 different bikes in the past year.

White lightning
12-07-2013, 12:07 AM
I've gotten warning tickets and that's it