PDA

View Full Version : Carbon?

TheRedRocket
09-01-2013, 08:22 AM
Hey guys, I have a race red 2012 Gt. I was looking into some carbon fiber pieces for my car, but I'm not sure if it be sick or too tunerish. HELP ME OUT!

rriddle3
09-01-2013, 08:55 AM
Real CF or faux CF? If it's wraps or decals, I say the smaller the better.

TheRedRocket
09-01-2013, 08:57 AM
Real by TruCarbon. Atleast I think it is! I was thinking more like accent pieces not whole body panels

Dominic Toretto
09-01-2013, 09:27 AM
Hey guys, I have a race red 2012 Gt. I was looking into some carbon fiber pieces for my car, but I'm not sure if it be sick or too tunerish. HELP ME OUT!

It's really up to you. From a purists standpoint, carbon fiber belongs on higher-end to exotic cars not pony/muscle cars. From a performance standpoint, it's pretty obvious what the benefits of using lighter materials would have on our relatively heavy cars. I can only imagine the better performance you would get from removing the steel panels for carbon units, increased fuel efficiency, better power/weight ratio etc. Good luck.

-Alex

TheRedRocket
09-01-2013, 11:50 AM
It's really up to you. From a purists standpoint, carbon fiber belongs on higher-end to exotic cars not pony/muscle cars. From a performance standpoint, it's pretty obvious what the benefits of using lighter materials would have on our relatively heavy cars. I can only imagine the better performance you would get from removing the steel panels for carbon units, increased fuel efficiency, better power/weight ratio etc. Good luck.

-Alex

Thanks man. Like I said, I wasn't planning on going overboard with the stuff. Just some accent pieces maybe a front lip or rear diffuser along those lines.

5HIFT3D
09-01-2013, 12:01 PM
I have been wondering about the effects aswell. Post some pics and feedback when you start your carbon mods. American Muscle had some pretty sick looking fenders on their site that I'm guessing are real carbonfiber but who knows. Good luck!

TheRedRocket
09-01-2013, 12:19 PM
I went to trucarbon.net and about creamed my pants... There goes my next few paychecks

Dominic Toretto
09-01-2013, 01:01 PM
I went to trucarbon.net and about creamed my pants... There goes my next few paychecks

Dude, I HATE you now! That site has some awesome products! Everything looks top notch as well.

-Alex

brembo12
09-01-2013, 01:46 PM
Seibon and Tru Fiber...quality can vary from piece to piece

JDBishopArts
09-01-2013, 02:28 PM
I have Carbon pieces from TruCarbon and Anvil. Both Quality Products. I have a TruCarbon engine cover for sale too. $100

Doug1227
09-02-2013, 07:55 PM
I've got Trucarbon coil covers and fuse box lid cover. I won't do much more as I think less is more when it comes to stuff like this. Moderation...