PDA

View Full Version : 2011 5.0

Bacadiesel
08-22-2013, 01:41 AM
Hello, my name is frank and I bought my 2011 5.0 m6 4 months ago. I love the car but its at the dealership now for engine tick for the second time.

I stay in the Keller area. I just registered with Dfw 5.0s today. Oh and I met jonathon a couple times(has a 13 5.0 charcoal color), he is the one that told me about this forum.

I own my own auto shop in Keller/haslet. If you guys need any help ill hook it up. Don't know what else to say but hope to meet you guys soon at car meets and stuff. And I hope I get a new engine from ford lol

Slow Five-O
08-22-2013, 03:07 AM
Welcome. Good luck with the car. Let us know what they do.

thelandshark
08-22-2013, 07:48 AM
Welcome what kinda work you do at your shop

Rydawg1
08-22-2013, 08:30 AM
Nice, there are several guys on here from Keller, myself included. Hope you get your stang back soon and welcome to the forums!

downtime!
08-22-2013, 09:01 AM
Welcome in! Keller here also, Jonathan recycles a lot of parts for me! LOL!

DirtyD
08-22-2013, 09:52 AM
Welcome man!

Do you happen to have the ability to do some "slight" exhaust work? Mainly just welding.

TrueStreetMotorSports.com
08-22-2013, 10:22 AM
Welcome

JDMLOL
08-22-2013, 10:29 AM
Welcome. Let us know what they find on the tick. Mine does the same after every oil change.

Midnight11
08-22-2013, 10:54 AM
welcome

Phuck Phace
08-22-2013, 11:30 AM
Welcome

GunsUp
08-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Welcome. Sorry to hear about your engine tick. Hope it gets resolved soon

Bacadiesel
08-22-2013, 01:27 PM
Thanks. I own baca diesel, specialize in diesel trucks(performance and service), but I also work on everything else.

Oh and the tick started after oil change, I have heard some videos on YouTube about engine tick but mine sounds way louder.

Can't wait to get my car back. All my parts just arrived, ordered bama tune, intake, o/r x pipe, lowering springs, jlt catch can, short shifter and bracket. And next month I'm getting boss front and rear valance

DirtyD
08-22-2013, 01:29 PM
Thanks. I own baca diesel, specialize in diesel trucks(performance and service), but I also work on everything else.

Oh and the tick started after oil change, I have heard some videos on YouTube about engine tick but mine sounds way louder.

Can't wait to get my car back. All my parts just arrived, ordered bama tune, intake, o/r x pipe, lowering springs, jlt catch can, short shifter and bracket. And next month I'm getting boss front and rear valance
Any chance you could help me out with welding in some race bullet mufflers and fixing an exhaust leak?

Bacadiesel
08-22-2013, 03:05 PM
Man I actually don't do any welding but my neighbor can do all that stuff. He does fabrication and old school car restorations.

DirtyD
08-22-2013, 04:31 PM
Man I actually don't do any welding but my neighbor can do all that stuff. He does fabrication and old school car restorations.
I may get with you then.

Phil's Muffler shop wants to charge me $90 to cut out my resonators and weld in bullet mufflers that I already purchased and will be providing, where others have said he charges less to delete the resonators...

Nay
08-22-2013, 05:12 PM
Welcome, hope you get your car back soon.

Oxford14Stang
08-22-2013, 08:28 PM
Welcome to the group. I think you'll find yourself home here. Look forward to meeting you and our local get togethers/meets

Bacadiesel
08-23-2013, 12:27 AM
DirtyD just let me know I'm sure my neighbor can beat that price.

Ok update on my car. They called me and told me it was ready, they said water pump failure was makin ticking noise. I picked it up and went about 2 miles and still had the same engine tick, so I went right back and actually had the tech, advisor and shop foreman take a listen. Shop foreman confirmed that it is internal engine noise, he said sounds like lifter is bleeding off when fully warmed up and causing ticking. So they are going to give me a call tomorrow after they inspect the cams and followers and whatever else is in the valve train. So my engine will have had a lot of work done to it at 20k miles, I don't feel too good about that. Fml

Nay
08-23-2013, 07:20 AM
That sucks, at least your under warranty, take advantage of it and get everything fixed while you can.

JDMLOL
08-23-2013, 10:31 AM
DirtyD just let me know I'm sure my neighbor can beat that price.

Ok update on my car. They called me and told me it was ready, they said water pump failure was makin ticking noise. I picked it up and went about 2 miles and still had the same engine tick, so I went right back and actually had the tech, advisor and shop foreman take a listen. Shop foreman confirmed that it is internal engine noise, he said sounds like lifter is bleeding off when fully warmed up and causing ticking. So they are going to give me a call tomorrow after they inspect the cams and followers and whatever else is in the valve train. So my engine will have had a lot of work done to it at 20k miles, I don't feel too good about that. Fml

They did a tsb on mine to the ac belt and pulley and said it was fixed. I didnt hear it anymore until right after I changed my oil a few weeks ago. The first time it did it, it was right after an oil change. I get so sick of them taking my car from me I'm going to drive it until something happens or right up until the warranty is almost up. The dealer obviously cant figure it out, I've heard people get new engines over the tick. It happens in 5.0 f150s as well.

5HIFT3D
08-23-2013, 08:04 PM
I experience this ticking in my 13' and I'm thinking its due to the 4 valves per cylinder, alot of valves slapping back and forth in there. No expert but just what I've heard. Hope this helps.

Mrjeremyt
08-23-2013, 08:31 PM
Drive it till it blows up. Fuck it. :driver:

Bacadiesel
08-23-2013, 09:15 PM
I tried to ignore the ticking sound but man it's annoying. Like I can hear with windows downif I'm next to anything like a curb or another car, so bad at a drivethru. It's loud

JDMLOL
08-23-2013, 11:14 PM
I experience this ticking in my 13' and I'm thinking its due to the 4 valves per cylinder, alot of valves slapping back and forth in there. No expert but just what I've heard. Hope this helps.

Mine doesnt seem to come from the valve train. It sounds like it comes from the passengers side down low. It sounds just like the electronic ignition on a gas grill.

Dominic Toretto
08-24-2013, 09:50 AM
Drive it till it blows up. Fuck it. :driver:

This. You're under warranty, so take full advandage. Hell drive it till you need to replace the engine and have a brand new engine :). Not your fault.

Oh and welcome!

-Alex

1ATony
08-27-2013, 11:45 AM
Welcome to the site.

Tony

Bacadiesel
08-28-2013, 12:56 AM
Engine tick is fixed. Turned out to be serpentine belt tensioner. Lol

Damn forums scaring me. I was like man my #8 piston better not melt

BLK2012GT
08-28-2013, 01:18 AM
Welcome

Oxford14Stang
08-29-2013, 09:23 PM
Engine tick is fixed. Turned out to be serpentine belt tensioner. Lol

Damn forums scaring me. I was like man my #8 piston better not melt

That's great to hear man. Now stop complaining and run the shit out of your car now lol :chewie:

Dark Pony
08-29-2013, 09:26 PM
Welcome bud. Glad you finally joined. And to anyone who needs welding done, the neighbor he is speaking of is the guy that built my exhaust.

DirtyD
08-29-2013, 09:32 PM
Welcome bud. Glad you finally joined. And to anyone who needs welding done, the neighbor he is speaking of is the guy that built my exhaust.

Well I'm definitely going to go with him then if Phil can't do my requests. Haha