PDA

View Full Version : Wow! Sync has really gone down hill....

Rreemo
08-21-2012, 11:24 PM
So my first experience with Sync was in my 2010 F150....I really liked the system/service, everything pretty much worked as advertised and the website, while not entirely intuitive, actually worked also whenever I logged in. Then we got my wife's 2010 Flex...it has the Mytouch with travel link, etc....has also worked well with virtually no real issues.

Fast forward to 2013 now in my new Mustang, when you would think it would have gotten better or at the very least stayed the same....if sucks giant ASS!!

I've had nothing but problems with it since the first week, and pretty much all I can do at the syncmyride website is login to the site itself...everything else either times out, or I get constant pop-ups that say "there was a problem connecting to the server, please reload the page or try again later" ...well Ford, I've been trying again "later" for a couple weeks now...and I get the same results from 4 different PC's at my home and also from my office, so I'm pretty sure the problem isn't on my end.

This POS has actually lost functionality from the system that was in my 2010....and to make matters worse, I have now lost even more functionality that I had in the first few days with this car...and it's getting worse. Apparently I'm going to have to take this damned thing to the dealership to have these issues addressed....but if the Sync forum is any indicator, it sounds like they are just going to make excuses for these known issues.

Working for one of the largest technology companies in the world really makes shit like this intolerable to me. :biggun:

DirtyD
08-22-2012, 01:18 AM
I have no problems?

What exactly are you experiencing?

Grandpa
08-22-2012, 01:22 AM
I only use it for audio and bluetooth stuff. That's about the extent of how much I know about it too. lol.

Grandpa
08-22-2012, 01:30 AM
BTW Rreemo. I know where there is a 1st gen Camaro convertible sitting here in Wylie and its for sale. If you PM me your phone number, I can send you a picture of it on your phone. :)

Rreemo
08-23-2012, 12:40 AM
First thing I've noticed is that I have to tell the thing to connect my phone for bluetooth audio every single time I want to listen to it....both of our other cars you simply press the music button on the steering wheel and bluetooth is a ready option. Secondarily, if my wife is in the car with me it ALWAYS connects to her phone instead of mine, and mine is set to the primary....this has become such a problem that I literally just had to remove her phone from the system. Now within the last few days, when I receive a text message it only gives me options to "read-it" or "call"....when I first got the car I also had the option to "reply", and it worked well for about a week....now that option has suddenly just disappeared and I can no longer reply to texts with just my voice....nothing has changed on my phone, the option has just simply vanished.

Also starting yesterday, when I get a text it interrupts my music and asks me what I want to do (this is normal), however when I tell it "I'm done" it just sits connected to my phone without returning back to the previous music source like it used to.... I have to either manually reselect the audio source or hold the phone button to hang it up from text and get back to the music it was playing before....it no longer reverts back automatically.

I wonder what new surprise I'll have tomorrow! :)

DirtyD
08-23-2012, 01:05 AM
I tried to use the text function but it said it wasn't supported. I'm using an iPhone of that matters.

I found out that in order to use my mobile apps, I have to have the phone plugged into the USB, so not sure of that may be an issue with you. Have no music on my phone, so I haven't tried the Bluetooth route for that yet.

Phuck Phace
08-23-2012, 01:18 AM
Texts don't work with Iphones.
Mjne never let me reply to texts, just reads them and it doesn't speak spanish either.

DirtyD
08-23-2012, 09:41 AM
Texts don't work with Iphones.
Mjne never let me reply to texts, just reads them...
But it does in fact read the text messages from an iPhone? I can live with just having this. I can't see my phone when I drive, so that would be great.

and it doesn't speak spanish either.
:roflsquared:

virtu
08-23-2012, 09:54 AM
I suppose I am the minority here but I do not believe in using a cell phone when behind the wheel. It furiates me when I see someone talking/texting on their phone while "sharing" the roadway with others. Both hands on the wheel and looking straight ahead should be the law. Ok, maybe that is a bit extreme, but studies have shown cell phone use is just as dangerous as drunk driving. Not only that but they have also shown hands free cell phones are just as dangerous as handheld cell phones.

http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/DrivingIssues/20060830105036.html

Whenever I am driving, I can identify pretty much anyone who is talking/texting on their phone. Usually they drive slower and/or swerve in their lane. When I pass them and glance over, sure enough they are on the fucking phone. Oh it drives me crazy. They will not realize how much danger they are putting themselves in, not to mention everyone else, until they have an accident, or worse, kill someone.

DirtyD
08-23-2012, 10:51 AM
I suppose I am the minority here but I do not believe in using a cell phone when behind the wheel. It furiates me when I see someone talking/texting on their phone while "sharing" the roadway with others. Both hands on the wheel and looking straight ahead should be the law. Ok, maybe that is a bit extreme, but studies have shown cell phone use is just as dangerous as drunk driving. Not only that but they have also shown hands free cell phones are just as dangerous as handheld cell phones.

Whenever I am driving, I can identify pretty much anyone who is talking/texting on their phone. Usually they drive slower and/or swerve in their lane. When I pass them and glance over, sure enough they are on the fucking phone. Oh it drives me crazy. They will not realize how much danger they are putting themselves in, not to mention everyone else, until they have an accident, or worse, kill someone.
Hence why I like SYNC for hands free talk.

Grandpa
08-23-2012, 10:59 AM

I agree with everything you said, with exception of one part. I believe it's people actually handling the phone up to their ear, trying to dial/text or just talking that are having to concentrate on holding the phone up and listening to what is being said.

With the hands free bluetooth, you can verbally dial and have a conversation on the phone no differently than if someone is riding in the car with you. I have no problem with the hands free activity, it's the idiots who can't be seperated from their phone physically for the brief time while their in the cars that are the problem.

Rreemo
08-23-2012, 12:02 PM
That's the whole point for me...with Sync my phone goes in the console and I don't touch it while driving...I can answer calls, make calls, listen & reply to texts, etc. all while having both hands on the wheel. This is kind of a big deal for me b/c I live quite a ways from where my office is, and a lot of my business is done over the phone.

FYI - I got the text reply working again....but still have to manually disconnect.

Courtesy Flush
08-23-2012, 12:42 PM
How do you get it to read texts? Using an iPhone and ive never even been prompted by sync to have this option although i know its been available.

Rreemo
08-23-2012, 02:00 PM
Whatever device you are using must support MAP (Messaging Access Profile) over bluetooth. As I understand Apple decided to lag behind on enabling MAP on the iPhones until iOS6.

Personally I'm no longer using an iPhone...I used to, but now I'm more modern. ;)

DirtyD
08-23-2012, 02:07 PM
Whatever device you are using must support MAP (Messaging Access Profile) over bluetooth. As I understand Apple decided to lag behind on enabling MAP on the iPhones until iOS6.

Personally I'm no longer using an iPhone...I used to, but now I'm more modern. ;)
Well shit, iOS 6 doesn't release until this Fall when the new iPhone hits the market....buh....