PDA

View Full Version : Video of me sucking at the drag strip last night

Sieran
08-18-2013, 03:49 AM
:yaoface2:

ny9k5D2loSM

Grandpa
08-18-2013, 10:26 AM
Hang in there man. Keep practicing and you will get the hang of it! It was good meeting you last night.

Nay
08-18-2013, 10:31 AM
To be honest most of the cars out last night were not getting the times they were hoping for, pro or street. I left around around 11 so maybe the track got better. I noticed that the tires were not hooking up to well on the start. Good video though and I didn't here you miss any gears.

saunupe1911
08-18-2013, 11:04 AM
I was nervous as hell too. I know I had a ton of fun though.

Sieran
08-18-2013, 12:18 PM
Haha yeah i had a blast even though the video does not show that... had a hard time sleeping because i was still pumped up.

Doug1227
08-18-2013, 12:36 PM
I think that's me flying past you at the 1:35 mark! Lol!

Luke
08-18-2013, 12:56 PM
To be honest most of the cars out last night were not getting the times they were hoping for, pro or street. I left around around 11 so maybe the track got better. I noticed that the tires were not hooking up to well on the start. Good video though and I didn't here you miss any gears.

The air got better along with not having to wait forever in the staging lanes. I was running 12.4x's all night until about 11:30 and I started getting quicker. 12.36, 12.30, and 12.29 hot lapping.

Nay
08-18-2013, 01:12 PM
so it did get better as the night went on. nice

blownaltered
08-18-2013, 05:35 PM
Did you have your a/c on, it looks like it with the cross moving like that while you are still. If so turn that shit off, you are going to put yourself or someone behind you into a wall. You drip water all over the track doing that.

Sieran
08-18-2013, 06:09 PM
Did you have your a/c on, it looks like it with the cross moving like that while you are still. If so turn that shit off, you are going to put yourself or someone behind you into a wall. You drip water all over the track doing that.

Way to make assumptions.

It was just the fan running to keep my hands dry. You really think i would be trying to run my AC while trying to run on a drag strip? My AC had been off since pulling into park.

blownaltered
08-18-2013, 11:12 PM
Way to make assumptions.

It was just the fan running to keep my hands dry. You really think i would be trying to run my AC while trying to run on a drag strip? My AC had been off since pulling into park.

I used to run a dragster every weekend for a.most 10 years. You would be shocked tO what I have seen people do at the track. That would be the most common thing I would see people do.

Grandpa
08-18-2013, 11:39 PM
I used to run a dragster every weekend for a.most 10 years. You would be shocked tO what I have seen people do at the track. That would be the most common thing I would see people do.

Most common rookie mistake I see - drive through the water box and then doing a burnout IN the water box on regular radials. Throw water all over the underside of the car and in the fenderwells, pull up to the light to wait on the bulbs meanwhile the water is dripping back down on the tires. They launch then proceeding to spin like crazy and tracking water from the front tires. :facepalm:

blownaltered
08-18-2013, 11:45 PM
Most common rookie mistake I see - drive through the water box and then doing a burnout IN the water box on regular radials. Throw water all over the underside of the car and in the fenderwells, pull up to the light to wait on the bulbs meanwhile the water is dripping back down on the tires. They launch then proceeding to spin like crazy and tracking water from the front tires. :facepalm:

I watched a truck that went mudding the day before drop clumps of dirt down the entire track. Traction sucked all night long. They couldn't get that track clean enough after that.

Sieran
08-19-2013, 12:02 PM
It's all good... It was my first time out there any i was trying hard not to make mistakes. Took it a little defensively at first... you can even see me at the start of the 2nd or 3rd run turn on my vents and scramble for the AC button because auto mode turned it on.

blownaltered
08-19-2013, 12:07 PM
It's all good... It was my first time out there any i was trying hard not to make mistakes. Took it a little defensively at first... you can even see me at the start of the 2nd or 3rd run turn on my vents and scramble for the AC button because auto mode turned it on.

I know your new to racing that's why I said " if you had it on turn that shit off ". I never run anything in the car while, I'm running. I role the window up right before the pass. I like to make sure I have all available power for the motor. Hell I even turn off the radio, that's just me being OCD on the radio part. It was nice meeting you, I was the guy in the fox convertible.

Grandpa
08-19-2013, 01:32 PM
I know your new to racing that's why I said " if you had it on turn that shit off ". I never run anything in the car while, I'm running. I role the window up right before the pass. I like to make sure I have all available power for the motor. Hell I even turn off the radio, that's just me being OCD on the radio part. It was nice meeting you, I was the guy in the fox convertible.

I'm the same way, everything is off. I need to be able to hear the car when race. Strokd on the other hand will have his crazy loud stereos booming while he is racing. I don't know how he does it. lol

Dan12GT
08-21-2013, 01:05 PM
Practice makes perfect. Seems like you're getting some mad wheel hop. Get yourself some LCAs to negate a lot of that.