PDA

View Full Version : Football season is almost here!

Grandpa
08-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Ok, it's almost that time. Who is your team and how do they look for this season?

Jeff, behave yourself in here! lmao!

Phuck Phace
08-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Houston Oilers all the way.

Midnight11
08-21-2012, 02:02 PM
go pack go

Grandpa
08-21-2012, 02:06 PM
Wow, I'm surprised, no rabid Cowboy fans in here yet.

Go Raiders!

Midnight11
08-21-2012, 02:14 PM
until they get rid of romo im not a fan

Grandpa
08-21-2012, 02:21 PM
I watch the Cowboys games, its kinda like a trainwreck to watch. Watching Cowboy fans meltdown is rather amusing as well. lol.

DirtyD
08-21-2012, 02:23 PM
NCAA FTMFW!

Pro = thugs, IMO.

Midnight11
08-21-2012, 02:26 PM
fantasy football league anyone?

Kronis
08-21-2012, 02:34 PM
^ I'm up for one.

You all can hate Romo for one play. He just needs guys around him to make him Elite. No QB was ever considered Elite by himself. He puts up amazing numbers. Numbers that if he only wins ONE Super Bowl, gets his name in the Hall of Fame.

Personally, I like Romo. If you want to call Romo bad and a choke, then your opinion of football obviously has no merit to it. This year is looking good. Defense is better, O-Line needs some improvement, but we will see if our receivers can stay healthy. That's the part that pisses me off the worst. I play sports 4 times a week and I have aches and pains, but I just play through them. I guess, why play through if you can make money sitting around though, eh?

Midnight11
08-21-2012, 02:39 PM
hes good but i just think we wont win with him. obv he is not the single problem...

Grandpa
08-21-2012, 02:40 PM
Romo was put in a position to fail no matter what he did in my opinion. Coming up after one of the most loved franchise QB's ever with Aikman and an owner that really wants to be a coach surrounded by thugs who can't stay healthy, he's in a no win position. He's getting to the near the end of his career and soon we will see him on Dancing With The Stars. lol

Kronis
08-21-2012, 02:47 PM
People actually want to blame Witten's injury on him. Those people need to GTFO and let Romo do his job. Can't wait for him to win a ring and watch everyone start praising him. I know a few people I will put in their place at that moment.

It'll be one hell of a day. Kinda of like the Cubs winning a World Series.

Romo is only 32. We have plenty of years left with him. He doesn't show any signs of slowing down or aging. He is, in fact, only getting better.

Grandpa
08-21-2012, 02:50 PM
People actually want to blame Witten's injury on him. Those people need to GTFO and let Romo do his job. Can't wait for him to win a ring and watch everyone start praising him. I know a few people I will put in their place at that moment.

It'll be one hell of a day. Kinda of like the Cubs winning a World Series.

I don't know why people are bitching about Witten's injury. At his position, it's part of his job to run across the middle and get hit. Injuries like this are part of the risk of his job. He's been doing a great job for years. People are just bitching because he's one of the few solid players Dallas has at the moment whom they most likely lost for the season already.

Kronis
08-21-2012, 02:55 PM
I don't know why people are bitching about Witten's injury. At his position, it's part of his job to run across the middle and get hit. Injuries like this are part of the risk of his job. He's been doing a great job for years. People are just bitching because he's one of the few solid players Dallas has at the moment whom they most likely lost for the season already.

Season?

Nah. I had a buddy who played TE (coincidence?) that got a lacerated spleen. He was out 2 weeks. It all depends on how his body heals and if he doesn't exacerbate the problem. Witten heals fast. As long as he isn't stupid, which according to JJ, he is whispering just so he doesn't put unnecessary pressure and vibrations on his body.

DirtyD
08-21-2012, 02:56 PM
I don't follow anything associated with Jerry Jones.

Grandpa
08-21-2012, 02:58 PM
Season?

Nah. I had a buddy who played TE (coincidence?) that got a lacerated spleen. He was out 2 weeks. It all depends on how his body heals and if he doesn't exacerbate the problem. Witten heals fast. As long as he isn't stupid, which according to JJ, he is whispering just so he doesn't put unnecessary pressure and vibrations on his body.

2 weeks? Whoa..that's fast.

One of my training partners had the same injuries after catching a few too many kicks to the midsection during one of his fights. He was out for 3 months recovering from it.

Kronis
08-21-2012, 04:09 PM
2 weeks? Whoa..that's fast.

One of my training partners had the same injuries after catching a few too many kicks to the midsection during one of his fights. He was out for 3 months recovering from it.

Probably because it was more severe and he probably didn't baby his body until it was fully healed.

03MachMe
08-21-2012, 04:10 PM
Here we go steelers here we go!!!

Stairway to seven baby!!!!

and dont even get me started on the Cowgirls...

JDBishopArts
08-21-2012, 04:14 PM
Gig 'Em

DirtyD
08-21-2012, 04:30 PM
Gig 'Em
\m/

:D

03MachMe
08-21-2012, 04:31 PM
\m/

:D
haha Aggies are going to have fun in the SEC

DirtyD
08-21-2012, 04:43 PM
Ain't that the truth...

Kronis
08-21-2012, 04:49 PM

They are about to find out what it feels like to lose a lot...

Oh wait...

:smiley-face-popcorn

Midnight11
08-21-2012, 04:52 PM
^ haha i love going to cs and cheering for the other team and watching them lose

Quake5.0
08-21-2012, 06:14 PM
As an Aggie I give them 1-3 years before they get to Alabama level. They now have a coach, plus the SEC is a hell of a lot tuffer than the Big Waste or 12. 1 year in the SEC A&M will kick Longhorn ASS, Bevo won't know what hit him!

Midnight11
08-21-2012, 06:24 PM
why would recruits go to a&m when they can go to the other top schools in the sec lol a&m cant even beat arkansas lol

03MachMe
08-21-2012, 06:41 PM
A&M wont even play for an SEC title in the next 10 years. Guaranteed

StormTrooper
08-21-2012, 07:46 PM
Cowboys ftmfw!

DirtyD
08-21-2012, 09:11 PM
A&M wont even play for an SEC title in the next 10 years. Guaranteed

I say a minimum of 3, max of 7.

A&M actually has the edge in recruiting now.

You'd be surprised how many lower ranked Texas recruits choose SEC schools. A lot of top recruits end up sitting for a few years behind some of the other "vets" at Big 12 schools, where A&M allows them to stay close to home and still have a better chance at playing time.

But they will just have to rebuild their program and get used to the SEC style of play before anything remotely good will start to happen...

PLASMAN
08-21-2012, 10:51 PM
Buffalo bills and they still suck, vince young and the harvard QB and still wont do well....

Eaglei532
08-22-2012, 08:30 PM
I must admit, i have been a Cowboys fan for almost 26 years. But I dont look foreward to the season, it just raises my blood pressure and increasing my drinking. But if anyone else wants to grill/drink/talk cars during the games my house is always open on Sundays for such an event

BLK2012GT
08-23-2012, 05:15 PM
It's 4:19pm and the cowboys still suck.

DrKlein
08-25-2012, 09:26 PM
StormTrooper and I are right there with you. Huge cowboys fan, but they piss me off. It's like that brother that you love but also want to ring their neck. We should have had a fantasy league for the forum!

I must admit, i have been a Cowboys fan for almost 26 years. But I dont look foreward to the season, it just raises my blood pressure and increasing my drinking. But if anyone else wants to grill/drink/talk cars during the games my house is always open on Sundays for such an event