PDA

View Full Version : From One Second To The Next

Grandpa
08-13-2013, 09:27 AM
A texting while driving documentary. Please don't text and drive.

Xk1vCqfYpos

blownaltered
08-13-2013, 01:12 PM
I am not watching that depressing film.

virtu
08-13-2013, 01:31 PM
About 6 years ago I was driving home from work and was trying to send a text because I, like everyone else, though it was more important than driving. Little did I know the redneck hillbilly driving next to me in his big ass truck almost ran me off the road simply because he didn't like the fact I was texting and driving. I even remember him yelling out the window "put the fn phone up you sh1thead!!!" Looking back now, I don't blame him. I get extremely irritated when I pass by someone who can't seem to stay in their lane only to find them texting on their phone. For that, I thank the redneck hillbilly for setting me straight. I don't touch my phone when I drive anymore. Both hands on the wheel at all times (except when shifting :D)

DirtyD
08-13-2013, 01:40 PM
About 6 years ago I was driving home from work and was trying to send a text because I, like everyone else, though it was more important than driving. Little did I know the redneck hillbilly driving next to me in his big ass truck almost ran me off the road simply because he didn't like the fact I was texting and driving. I even remember him yelling out the window "put the fn phone up you sh1thead!!!" Looking back now, I don't blame him. I get extremely irritated when I pass by someone who can't seem to stay in their lane only to find them texting on their phone. For that, I thank the redneck hillbilly for setting me straight. I don't touch my phone when I drive anymore. Both hands on the wheel at all times (except when shifting :D)
I've gotten to be the same way. When I see people texting while driving, and failing horribly at it putting other people around us at risk, I get irritated and try desperately to get their attention to rip them a new one.

Phuck Phace
08-13-2013, 01:42 PM
34 minutes, phuck that. Cliff notes?

Grandpa
08-13-2013, 01:46 PM
34 minutes, phuck that. Cliff notes?

Watch it, it's worth it.

Texting and driving is a serious problem these days, as bad drinking and driving lately. People who do it think they are driving safe cuz they slow WAY down, but swerve in and out of lanes etc. But you can always spot who they are in traffic when they are in front of you.

It can wait, put the phone down, or call them on a hands free Bluetooth call if its real important.

Phuck Phace
08-13-2013, 01:47 PM
Watch it, it's worth it.

Texting and driving is a serious problem these days, as bad drinking and driving lately. People who do it think they are driving safe cuz they slow WAY down, but swerve in and out of lanes etc. But you can always spot who they are in traffic when they are in front of you.

It can wait, put the phone down, or call them on a hands free Bluetooth call if its real important.

No doubt, I've almost had a few assholes hit me when I went into their lane.

DirtyD
08-13-2013, 02:10 PM
No doubt, I've almost had a few assholes hit me when I went into their lane.

:doh2:

Oxford14Stang
08-13-2013, 02:13 PM
Okay Steve, I watched just over 5 minutes of it. Can't stand the depressing music notes in the background. You've made your point. Although I try my very best not to text and drive I do it time to time. I'm not saying its right but when I do I typed one letter than look up, next letter than look up. --- knowing anything can happen in less than a split of a second. You've now convinced me not to text and drive period. --- Ask Derek, him and I were texting and I told him I'm driving I'll text you back, he replied no worries get back to me when you get were you're going. <----- true story. ask him.

Grandpa
08-13-2013, 02:22 PM
Okay Steve, I watched just over 5 minutes of it. Can't stand the depressing music notes in the background. You've made your point. Although I try my very best not to text and drive I do it time to time. I'm not saying its right but when I do I typed one letter than look up, next letter than look up. --- knowing anything can happen in less than a split of a second. You've now convinced me not to text and drive period. --- Ask Derek, him and I were texting and I told him I'm driving I'll text you back, he replied no worries get back to me when you get were you're going. <----- true story. ask him.

You may have just saved yourself or someone else a lot of pain/grief or a life.

I know it's hard for a lot of people to put down these things that have come part of our everyday lives. But believe it or not, there was a time when there was no cellphones. lol

This social media stuff has seem to have a weird affect on people in society today. People always need to be doing something or communication with people electronically. So many people just can't seem to be alone with themselves anymore. Can't ride in the car without texting or talking on the phone, or constantly have to be doing something other than just driving.

Oxford14Stang
08-13-2013, 02:25 PM
You may have just saved yourself or someone else a lot of pain/grief or a life.

I know it's hard for a lot of people to put down these things that have come part of our everyday lives. But believe it or not, there was a time when there was no cellphones. lol

This social media stuff has seem to have a weird affect on people in society today. People always need to be doing something or communication with people electronically. So many people just can't seem to be alone with themselves anymore. Can't ride in the car without texting or talking on the phone, or constantly have to be doing something other than just driving.

Your 100% correct. Like I said I won't text and drive anymore, and if it's that important that's why I have sync, I'll call them. You know what.... call me crazy - would have to get with Nic & Dale on this, but what about doing like a video(Dale) and the whole DFW50 guys about don't text and drive?? like a commercial of some sort with all our cars in the video/commercial? Just a thought. :emotions34:

DirtyD
08-13-2013, 02:46 PM
Jay speaks the truth. I was sitting on my couch with a beer. Haha

JDMLOL
08-13-2013, 03:01 PM
An eye opening video. Too bad I know there are still a lot of people that will watch the first few seconds and think it will never happen to them. I wish my sister would watch it but I know she's one of the ones that thinks life is a perfect little fairy tale and that nothing bad happens.

garner
08-13-2013, 09:42 PM
I've lessened the amount of texting and driving I do now that I'm back in a car. My trucks I felt safer you could say so I would do it more but being in a car I feel like I have to be more defensive of a driver which takes a lot of my attention. I'll still do it occasionally but not even close as the amount I did before

Grandpa
08-13-2013, 09:51 PM
I'll still do it occasionally but not even close as the amount I did before

It only takes once to change your or someone else's life forever. It can wait until you get where you are going or you can pull over. If it's that important your can has Bluetooth to make a hands free call. :)

garner
08-13-2013, 09:55 PM
I hate calling lol. But yeah it's definitely a lot safer. Is there like a voice to text feature with sync?(I haven't looked into it much)

PLASMAN
08-13-2013, 10:30 PM
There are actually some apps in development that work with your phones internal GPS that will prohibit any texting while the phone is in motion and its rumored to be getting picked up by the major cell carriers

JDMLOL
08-13-2013, 10:37 PM
There are actually some apps in development that work with your phones internal GPS that will prohibit any texting while the phone is in motion and its rumored to be getting picked up by the major cell carriers

Only problem would be if you're a passenger in a moving vehicle.

PLASMAN
08-13-2013, 10:41 PM

Its not a problem you just wont be texting till you come to a stop also...

blkGT00
08-13-2013, 11:00 PM

I see no problem. If its truly that important or urgent, a phone call is much faster and much more efficient.

JDMLOL
08-13-2013, 11:20 PM
So if you ride on a bus or train you can't text either? I know it's not a big thing here, but in other places it would be. I ride the tre from time to time if I'm going to Dallas for fun and to avoid traffic. There would at least be a maximum allowable speed obviously or you couldn't even walk and text. Not arguing, just bringing up points. Plus, there would still be the people facebooking and using third party messaging apps where the functionality wouldn't work unless it became a requirement. The best thing would to make a zero tolerance policy on electronic devices unless you're using hands free. Penalties for texting while driving should be up there with dwi.