PDA

View Full Version : Big nitrous build?

Junkie
08-07-2013, 06:10 PM
Dont remember the name, but what ever happened with it? Any numbers? HP, ET, MPH?

Seemed like a cool build, not trying to start a pissing match. I just suck at the internet.

TrueStreetMotorSports.com
08-07-2013, 06:11 PM
Dont remember the name, but what ever happened with it? Any numbers? HP, ET, MPH?

Seemed like a cool build, not trying to start a pissing match. I just suck at the internet.

Made 793RWHP and 700tq on 300hp shot.

Grandpa
08-07-2013, 06:12 PM
Subscribing. lol

08-07-2013, 06:30 PM
Subscribing. lol

:wtf2:

re-rx7
08-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Man I bet that thing hits hard.

Grandpa
08-07-2013, 06:55 PM
Man I bet that thing hits hard.

It's probably very uneventful and manageable. Jeff has a nice progressive controller so it shouldn't be coming on all at once in order to help him hook.

re-rx7
08-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Lol thank god. I was thinking straight balls to the wall.

Grandpa
08-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Lol thank god. I was thinking straight balls to the wall.

Honestly, a "300 shot" isn't all that big of a shot.

Junkie
08-07-2013, 07:45 PM
What controller? what jet size? what power on motor? Has the car been raced yet? Can you fit a tire worth a shit under them?

800hp nitrous car is hard to beat, trust me! lol

08-07-2013, 07:59 PM
What controller? what jet size? what power on motor? Has the car been raced yet? Can you fit a tire worth a shit under them?

Needs a better tire, NOS Mini controller, 31 Nitrous and a 24 Fuel. Car should run well. Just need some seat time and Mickey Thompsons :rockit:

Zeek
08-07-2013, 11:51 PM

He don't race on the street bro!

Midnight11
08-07-2013, 11:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aBsB-GdhPo&feature=youtu.be

said his car wasnt running right from bad gas

0aBsB-GdhPo&feature

Grandpa
08-07-2013, 11:59 PM

0aBsB-GdhPo&feature

LMAO! I didn't hear about that. Looks like Jeff got drug dirty.

Junkie
08-08-2013, 12:02 AM
Damn that looks bad. I thought the nitrous car was opposed to street racing?

STROKD
08-08-2013, 12:03 AM
wow. the gas is bad, when it made almost 800 rw like 2 weeks ago? :Pshyco:

Midnight11
08-08-2013, 12:06 AM

he was na

3v was built motor saleen sc and meth injection

blownaltered
08-08-2013, 12:08 AM
Wow that was bad.

Grandpa
08-08-2013, 12:10 AM
Damn that looks bad. I thought the nitrous car was opposed to street racing?

He only seems to race when he thinks he will win for sure. He beat the 3V car last time cuz the guy was on some really bald tires. Looks like the 3V car fixed the traction issue. lol.

STROKD
08-08-2013, 12:12 AM
he was na

3v was built motor saleen sc and meth injection

that makes more sense. Also makes sense why he got drug.

08-08-2013, 12:25 AM

Not sure what else it could be, car has been driver hard and was running good. Even that day it ran good, pulled to a stop. Turned the traction control off and launched the car hard , grabbed second and then it started running bad. We had a roush truck that we were tuning, stopped to put some fuel in it and drove it back to shop. By next day the fuel and water had separated and ever time we turned a corner the truck would freak out. Finally decided it was fuel and drained it. Next day we came in and the 5 gallon buckets were separated by 1.5 gallons of water in each. Jeff's car has very similar issues,

STROKD
08-08-2013, 12:29 AM
Not sure what else it could be, car has been driver hard and was running good. Even that day it ran good, pulled to a stop. Turned the traction control off and launched the car hard , grabbed second and then it started running bad. We had a roush truck that we were tuning, stopped to put some fuel in it and drove it back to shop. By next day the fuel and water had separated and ever time we turned a corner the truck would freak out. Finally decided it was fuel and drained it. Next day we came in and the 5 gallon buckets were separated by 1.5 gallons of water in each. Jeff's car has very similar issues,

WHERE are you guys getting gas? Thats horrible, shouldnt be seperating like that in a few hours!

That Mobil you had me get gas at lasted a year sitting in jugs, poured in, car ran tits... u guys must have been getting gas at some horseshit place like QT or Valero or somethin...

re-rx7
08-08-2013, 12:30 AM
Jesus that's a hurting. Needs driver mod.

Grandpa
08-08-2013, 12:40 AM

Man, that's crazy. Hope you guys get that issue resolved quickly. Hopefully Jeff's car wasn't hurt at all by it.

08-08-2013, 01:01 AM
WHERE are you guys getting gas? Thats horrible, shouldnt be seperating like that in a few hours!

That Mobil you had me get gas at lasted a year sitting in jugs, poured in, car ran tits... u guys must have been getting gas at some horseshit place like QT or Valero or somethin...

Don't know where Jeff got his gas from.

We got gas at the shell station on the corner

And the fuel and water separated over night. About 12 hours

08-08-2013, 01:03 AM
Man, that's crazy. Hope you guys get that issue resolved quickly. Hopefully Jeff's car wasn't hurt at all by it.

Don't know where Jeff got his gas, the gas we had issues with was the shell station in McKinney. Two separate stations,

Jeff's car fine, no worries there

Oxford14Stang
08-08-2013, 01:15 AM

QT is actually in the top 10 for best quality of fuel lol

Zeek
08-08-2013, 01:44 AM
QT is actually in the top 10 for best quality of fuel lol

QT is actually Shell gas FYI. Just branded QT.

Midnight11
08-08-2013, 07:25 AM
If it was bad gas wouldn't it run like shit from the whole tank and not just wot pull?

White_lightning
08-08-2013, 08:18 AM

Quick trip is a top tier gas. My car has run on qt for 3 years now and has no problems making power.. Sounds like e85 problems

Junkie
08-08-2013, 08:35 AM
I've always heard QT sucks, good to know.

Toby
08-08-2013, 08:45 AM
Quick trip is a top tier gas. My car has run on qt for 3 years now and has no problems making power.. Sounds like e85 problems

This^^ I only buy gas from race track or qt. never had a problem with either place.

Bearded Banger
08-08-2013, 09:03 AM

0aBsB-GdhPo&feature

I was subpoenaed to Testify after this for witnessing rape.

Grandpa
08-08-2013, 09:08 AM

LOL! Classic.

White_lightning
08-08-2013, 09:57 AM
This^^ I only buy gas from race track or qt. never had a problem with either place.

race track is not top tier.. i avoid it

re-rx7
08-08-2013, 10:15 AM
I usually try and get chevron if not then I get Shell.

re-rx7
08-08-2013, 10:16 AM

Rofl:jester:

Junkie
08-08-2013, 10:30 AM
I've also been told Racetrack and junk, I stick to Shell, Exxon, etc...

08-08-2013, 10:33 AM
If it was bad gas wouldn't it run like shit from the whole tank and not just wot pull?

No, Gas and water don't mix. Jeff told me he put gas in his car and drove it home (right around the corner) Over nigh water and gas separate, Water on top and fuel on the bottom. Jeff states he drove the car and was beating on the car with no issues. Once jeff came to a stop he states he was right about or below a half. I can only assume he got it low enough that the water was introduced. of coarse it as he start to race someone.....lol Bad timing to race, Not jeffs fault

If jeff had E-85 I would for sure say its was just a bad tank of fuel (since E-85 attracts water maybe it was just old E), but this is on 93oct

08-08-2013, 10:35 AM
I've also been told Racetrack and junk, I stick to Shell, Exxon, etc...

We have had two other customers come by with water in the fuel issues and they both had shell fuel as well. Different shell station than the one we had issues with. This has all been in the last 6 months

Grandpa
08-08-2013, 10:41 AM
I always buy gas from the same place when we are near home. Any other time like on vacation or road trip I always try to buy from large name brand gas stations that have a separate pump for each octane rather than a shared pump for all octanes. A friend of mine who is a tech for Exxon told me that when you buy gas at pumps that share all octane levels you will get the same octane for about a gallon of the person who used the pump before you. Now, for most people on a stock motor that's not a big deal. But for someone on a boosted setup or built motor setup with a edgy tune and only pumping a few gallons to save weight, it could be an issue.

White_lightning
08-08-2013, 10:47 AM
I always buy gas from the same place when we are near home. Any other time like on vacation or road trip I always try to buy from large name brand gas stations that have a separate pump for each octane rather than a shared pump for all octanes. A friend of mine who is a tech for Exxon told me that when you buy gas at pumps that share all octane levels you will get the same octane for about a gallon of the person who used the pump before you. Now, for most people on a stock motor that's not a big deal. But for someone on a boosted setup or built motor setup with a edgy tune and only pumping a few gallons to save weight, it could be an issue.

yup.. race car problems:)
when i put gas in i fill the tank.. and i have a very conservative tune..
i think every number my car has put down has been on qt gas.. i guess once i have a race car like some of the mustangs ill have to go to shell :)

re-rx7
08-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Well anyway if it was just fuel then a rematch is in order v

08-08-2013, 11:03 AM

I agree, Jeff said this is the only place he buys fuel and has never had a issue before. And I can tell you with as much driving as I do and as much fuel as I use I have never got a bad tank my self. Here at the shop we see 30+ cars a month for tuning and out of all of those cars everyone of the three were a shell gas issue. It is very uncommon to have bad fuel

08-08-2013, 11:04 AM
Well anyway if it was just fuel then a rematch is in order v

I would still think the super charged car would win, But I think with jeff car running good. The blower car will have to be on its game to beat jeff N/A
car

STROKD
08-08-2013, 11:24 AM
I've always heard QT sucks, good to know.

I've had bad luck. Friend had one across the street from him we filled the car up a few times and it lost plugs more than once... Never lost plugs at Chevron or Exxon.Maybe that station just sucked.

Toby
08-08-2013, 01:54 PM
I've had good luck with chevron fuel, there is just not any on my route to and from work.

BLK2012GT
08-08-2013, 02:23 PM
Yeah that race the Nic "the dick" posted wasn't exactly a race cause once I shifted into second my car was pretty much dead. It had no power. Even Gary rode in my car after that and he could tell it was running bad. Took it to TS and they put it on the dyno and it was pulling about 9-10 degrees of timing at WOT. Then Clint drove it on the street with Sean datalogging it and it wasn't running right just driving it normal. I think it even went down to 7 degree of timing. Now I refilled at the same QT I always go to off of coit and 121 and the car is driving fine so far. But I am going back to TS so they can make sure it's not pulling any more timing.

Now as far as racing Corey again I will. NA I don't think I will beat him which I shouldn't since he makes 50-60 more rwhp and 200 more rwtq. But hopefully this time every time will be fine and I'll spray it and then walk away from him. We just need to do it when it isn't 110 degrees outside cause my bottle gets hot quick and his SC doesn't like the heat at all.

BLK2012GT
08-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Jesus that's a hurting. Needs driver mod.

I've had plenty of people to ride with me will say I can drive just fine. The driver mod is just fine.

White_lightning
08-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Yeah that race the Nic "the dick" posted wasn't exactly a race cause once I shifted into second my car was pretty much dead. It had no power. Even Gary rode in my car after that and he could tell it was running bad. Took it to TS and they put it on the dyno and it was pulling about 9-10 degrees of timing at WOT. Then Clint drove it on the street with Sean datalogging it and it wasn't running right just driving it normal. I think it even went down to 7 degree of timing. Now I refilled at the same QT I always go to off of coit and 121 and the car is driving fine so far. But I am going back to TS so they can make sure it's not pulling any more timing.

Now as far as racing Corey again I will. NA I don't think I will beat him which I shouldn't since he makes 50-60 more rwhp and 200 more rwtq. But hopefully this time every time will be fine and I'll spray it and then walk away from him. We just need to do it when it isn't 110 degrees outside cause my bottle gets hot quick and his SC doesn't like the heat at all.

why not get something like an OT-2 that you can plug in and log to your phone/ipad instead of going back and forward ? that way you can see if it is or isnt pulling timing.

BLK2012GT
08-08-2013, 02:35 PM
why not get something like an OT-2 that you can plug in and log to your phone/ipad instead of going back and forward ? that way you can see if it is or isnt pulling timing.

I'll probably do that.

Dan12GT
08-08-2013, 03:00 PM
I've had plenty of people to ride with me will say I can drive just fine. The driver mod is just fine.

Jeff can drive no doubt. I can attest his car is damn fast too without spray. The bad gas thing sucks... just bad timing for it all to happen.

I personally always fill up at QT. I've *knocks on wood* never had issues. I heard so long as you are filling up at a place that has constant fuel moving at all the pumps you are okay. It's the places that you don't see many cars (expensive places like shell / chevron) you need to worry more about because their fuel can sit for a while and create more chance of water getting into the fuel.

Junkie
08-08-2013, 04:59 PM
I thought street racing was bad?

Lmao

BLK2012GT
08-08-2013, 05:12 PM
No one street races. They just go fast in Mexico.