PDA

View Full Version : Porsche vs Ford

Dominic Toretto
08-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Every once in awhile the car guy group at work get into a spat about what cars are better etc and eventually leads to the typical shit talk. There's four of us, me and another guy drive a Mustang, the other twu guys have imports(S2000 and STi). So today one of the guys took a picture of a Cayman parked at work and emailed it to all of us. I said "boring, just a Gayman I'd gladly take a used 911 over a new Gayman". So the import guys start defending the Porsche and I say it is overpriced yadda yadda yadda. $60k and the car would get killed by a GT500 and that it almost competes with a $160k 911 Turbo. Then they started saying how Ford's build quality etc etc is not as good as Porsche. So it finally came down to, women would prefer a guy driving a Porsche. So on break, an inpromptu poll was taken. In 15 minutes we asked 5 girls and 1 slut what they preferred. Four of them easily said they would be more impressed by a Ford, the slut of course said Porsche and one girl said her favorite car is a Mustang.

Felt nice to have the hometeam preferred by the small test group and yes some of those girls asked are hot. No pics though.

-Alex

re-rx7
08-06-2013, 04:58 PM
911 would eat and shit a GT500.

03MachMe
08-06-2013, 05:16 PM
911 would eat and shit a GT500.

you figure how???

a 2013 911 Carrera 4S 0-60 4.3sec
a 2013 Shelby GT500 0-60 3.5sec

I couldnt find any 1/4 mile times or 0-100 times but really what makes you think it will eat and shit a 662hp shelby? Will it handle better, prolly and if you talking about a turbo or turbo S well thats DOUBLE the price of a GT500 for about the same performance.....

like to try again?

DirtyD
08-06-2013, 05:21 PM
you figure how???

a 2013 911 Carrera 4S 0-60 4.3sec
a 2013 Shelby GT500 0-60 3.5sec

I couldnt find any 1/4 mile times or 0-100 times but really what makes you think it will eat and shit a 662hp shelby? Will it handle better, prolly and if you talking about a turbo or turbo S well thats DOUBLE the price of a GT500 for about the same performance.....

like to try again?
On a road course it would shit on a GT500. :poke:

03MachMe
08-06-2013, 05:25 PM
On a road course it would shit on a GT500. :poke:

a turbo yes, I would actually like to see a Carrera 4S vs a GT500. I would put money it would be a very close contest.

Grandpa
08-06-2013, 05:35 PM
It's an apples to oranges comparison really. Completely two different cars entirely. If you're talking bang for the buck, it's hard to beat the GT500 in comparison to upper level sports cars.

The GT500 is still a four passenger 2+2 coupe versus a small, very lightweight rear engine 6cyl Porsche.

There is no doubt a turbo car or GT2/GT3 will eat a GT500 up on a road course since those cars are purposely designed for the type of driving. They are GREAT at that. The GT500 isn't GREAT at any one type of thing, but rather its good at everything so some give and take had to be done with the GT500 to make it an all around performer.

As for engineering/build quality, yeah, I'd have to give that nod to Porsche as well. The Germans have always been known for their high standard of engineering and they should have a nod considering they have been working with the same basic platform now for what - 50 years? I would think they should have a good grasp on it by now. lol.

In my opinion, it's kind of a lame argument. Anyone who could afford or would be looking at something like a Porsche Turbo/GT2/GT3 wouldn't most likely be into something like a GT500. It's a completely different car that drives entirely different. I think they are both amazing cars and it comes down to the individual owners and what they like in a car.

Grandpa
08-06-2013, 05:39 PM
a turbo yes, I would actually like to see a Carrera 4S vs a GT500. I would put money it would be a very close contest.

I think that comes down to driver. The GT500 is much more of a handful to drive to where your grandmother could drive a Carrera 4S fast. The GT500 requires abit more finesse around some corners or it will bite you in the ass with a quickness.

2012mustang76123
08-06-2013, 05:41 PM
Porsche definatly impresses more than a ford.

But if you say that your leasing the car cuz you can't afford the almost 2x monthly payment of a ford then......

PLASMAN
08-06-2013, 08:22 PM
What qualified the one girl as a slut? Sorry got caught up in the details

jrhagen
08-06-2013, 09:28 PM
:pepper:

re-rx7
08-06-2013, 10:00 PM
911 turbo did the 1/4 in 10.8 and 0-60 in 2.7. Yea that's faster. Around a track def no comparison. The Shelby is a great value but in that world you need more then that.

03MachMe
08-07-2013, 12:43 AM
911 turbo did the 1/4 in 10.8 and 0-60 in 2.7. Yea that's faster. Around a track def no comparison. The Shelby is a great value but in that world you need more then that.

Like i said a turbo is more than double the price. For a car that is over $120k it better be faster in everything than a 60k mustang lol

Dominic Toretto
08-07-2013, 08:11 AM

She's easy as Sunday morning.

-Alex

Dominic Toretto
08-07-2013, 08:28 AM
The poll wasn't so much about whether or not any specific Porsche is better than any specific Ford. Just what the conception among regular chicks was, if they prefer a guy that is trying to pick them up driving a Ford or a Porsche. Should have seen the looks on the guys faces assuming Porsche would win hands down lol.

-Alex

DirtyD
08-07-2013, 08:31 AM
The poll wasn't so much about whether or not any specific Porsche is better than any specific Ford. Just what the conception among regular chicks was, if they prefer a guy that is trying to pick them up driving a Ford or a Porsche. Should have seen the looks on the guys faces assuming Porsche would win hands down lol.

-Alex

Are they city girls or country girls? Ask them if they rather have a truck over a car. Lol

Dominic Toretto
08-07-2013, 08:51 AM
Are they city girls or country girls? Ask them if they rather have a truck over a car. Lol

Mix in both. The two car girls are definitely city girls. They said they were raised by their dads around cars so they did say they are more attracted to a guy that drives a snarling big ole muscle car. They also said they like trucks.

-Alex

DirtyD
08-07-2013, 09:24 AM
Mix in both. The two car girls are definitely city girls. They said they were raised by their dads around cars so they did say they are more attracted to a guy that drives a snarling big ole muscle car. They also said they like trucks.

-Alex
Well sheeeeeeeeeeet. Age and looks? :lol:

Phuck Phace
08-07-2013, 09:54 AM

You're on the right track,
pics of said slut...

saunupe1911
08-07-2013, 10:32 AM
You're on the right track,
pics of said slut...

I second that!

But its seems a modified GT, stock Boss or GT500 would hang with a 911 or 911 4s judging from quarter mile, slalom and grip numbers. It has no chance against the other variants. Also the new Cayman will run away in the twisties, but the Stangs would catch up in the straights. The closest way of simulating this is turning on Forza.

Grandpa
08-07-2013, 10:48 AM
The closest way of simulating this is turning on Forza.

:snoopfacepalm:

re-rx7
08-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Stock for stock the Shelby brakes would toast and it all depends on the track.

03MachMe
08-07-2013, 01:11 PM
Stock for stock the Shelby brakes would toast and it all depends on the track.

Lol yep those 6 piston brembos sure are some horrible brakes.....

JDBishopArts
08-07-2013, 01:27 PM
The 911 seems to be a consistent 2+ seconds faster on most road tracks. If I had the money I'd have a Porsche hands down. As said before, as I'm sure a professional driver can reign in the GT500 it's not a "handling" car. That being said, I don't think the 911 would eat the GT500s lunch. I think it would be closer than most people think.

I honestly thought the difference would be greater but after doing some looking the Porsche is about 2 seconds faster pretty consistently on most tracks. Build quality is hands down better. Suspension is better. Carbon brakes are better. Weight distribution is better. But for half the price 2 seconds isn't much of a equalizer.

re-rx7
08-07-2013, 01:51 PM
Lol yep those 6 piston brembos sure are some horrible brakes.....
It's the pads smarts ass. Every mag tested shows that the gt500's brakes give out quick.

The 911 seems to be a consistent 2+ seconds faster on most road tracks. If I had the money I'd have a Porsche hands down. As said before, as I'm sure a professional driver can reign in the GT500 it's not a "handling" car. That being said, I don't think the 911 would eat the GT500s lunch. I think it would be closer than most people think.

I honestly thought the difference would be greater but after doing some looking the Porsche is about 2 seconds faster pretty consistently on most tracks. Build quality is hands down better. Suspension is better. Carbon brakes are better. Weight distribution is better. But for half the price 2 seconds isn't much of a equalizer.
Just 2 seconds? That's an eternity on a track. If the track is rough that LRA would be a bitch to handle. I absolutely think the 911 would hand the Shelby it's ass.

STROKD
08-07-2013, 02:00 PM
I'd rather be with a girl who appreciates the finer things... Fords are econobox piece of shits compared to anything produced in Stuttgart

saunupe1911
08-07-2013, 02:49 PM
:snoopfacepalm:

Well are you able to grab a GT500 and 911...then run up to ECR and prove our theories? Video games aren't perfect but they have proven to help simulate real world events, especially accurate games like Forza and GranTurismo. Just sayin...it would give us an idea of the outcome

Dominic Toretto
08-07-2013, 03:23 PM
I'd rather be with a girl who appreciates the finer things... Fords are econobox piece of shits compared to anything produced in Stuttgart

My friend's BMW was a mechanical nightmare. Plastic water pumps, failing left and right, constantly overheating, replaced transmission twice and a crapload of over issues. Car was hardly beat on too. I also use to work in the service department at Park Place Mercedes as a valet. Those cars are 100% garbage in my opinion. Always failing for simple shit, and any maintenaince breaks the wallet.

If I go foreign, it will Japanese.

-Alex

Grandpa
08-07-2013, 03:31 PM
Well are you able to grab a GT500 and 911...then run up to ECR and prove our theories? Video games aren't perfect but they have proven to help simulate real world events, especially accurate games like Forza and GranTurismo. Just sayin...it would give us an idea of the outcome

By that logic that means i'm a badass navy seal special ops killing machine soldier because I have a 1.32 k/d on black ops 2. :headbang::facepalm:

DirtyD
08-07-2013, 03:45 PM
By that logic that means i'm a badass navy seal special ops killing machine soldier because I have a 1.32 k/d on black ops 2. :headbang::facepalm:

Noob. I never die! :fuckyea:

saunupe1911
08-07-2013, 03:49 PM

Dude you got no imagination or vision. Also have you actually met a marine, SEAL, or Iraq vet...ask them about their enjoyment of the COD series! My point is that simulators give some type of vision of the outcome. It's not apples to apple but its something. What do think NASA and pilot trainees use? Even the military use them to some extent. Nothing substutues real life, but simulators help when you don't have all the variables in place. Use a little bit of creative thinking.

Grandpa
08-07-2013, 04:00 PM
Also have you actually met a marine, SEAL, or Iraq vet....

LOL, I might know a lil something about that. Simulations in real world situations do very little to prepare anyone for real action. While it may give a vague idea of what the situation may be like, its never truly gives a real world experience. The only real, honest, factual results come from first hand experience. Everything else is just conjecture.

saunupe1911
08-07-2013, 04:21 PM
LOL, I might know a lil something about that. Simulations in real world situations do very little to prepare anyone for real action. While it may give a vague idea of what the situation may be like, its never truly gives a real world experience. The only real, honest, factual results come from first hand experience. Everything else is just conjecture.

I agree for the most part. Well said.

STROKD
08-07-2013, 11:36 PM
My friend's BMW was a mechanical nightmare. Plastic water pumps, failing left and right, constantly overheating, replaced transmission twice and a crapload of over issues. Car was hardly beat on too. I also use to work in the service department at Park Place Mercedes as a valet. Those cars are 100% garbage in my opinion. Always failing for simple shit, and any maintenaince breaks the wallet.

If I go foreign, it will Japanese.

-Alex

lol, ok enjoy your pos jap crap too.

Edit, BTW, a BMW is not a Porsche. Porsche's can have problems too, but I wasnt talking about it breaking down or not. I was referring to the driving experience, connection to the road, ability to drive 3+ times the speed limit without fear of dying, the overall experience driving the car. They don't feel like boats floating down the road.

re-rx7
08-08-2013, 12:27 AM
They don't feel like boats floating down the road.

Amen

Dominic Toretto
08-08-2013, 08:29 AM
lol, ok enjoy your pos jap crap too.

Edit, BTW, a BMW is not a Porsche. Porsche's can have problems too, but I wasnt talking about it breaking down or not. I was referring to the driving experience, connection to the road, ability to drive 3+ times the speed limit without fear of dying, the overall experience driving the car. They don't feel like boats floating down the road.

Wow someone's a bit too polarized on the subject. Have a good day man.

-Alex

STROKD
08-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Wow someone's a bit too polarized on the subject. Have a good day man.

-Alex

Grew up around Mustangs and Porsches/Benzes. I know a little about em, not some shit my friend told me or I read in Consumer Reports.

Dominic Toretto
08-08-2013, 11:40 AM
Grew up around Mustangs and Porsches/Benzes. I know a little about em, not some shit my friend told me or I read in Consumer Reports.

:chewie:

-Alex

Grandpa
08-08-2013, 11:50 AM

You don't know squat. Mexican blocks will hold a bazillion hp!!

STROKD
08-08-2013, 04:19 PM
You don't know squat. Mexican blocks will hold a bazillion hp!!

Anything is possible, espicially for a "split" second