sasquash1984
08-04-2013, 03:32 PM
October 5th in ennis , event starts at 8am

TrueStreetMotorSports.com
08-04-2013, 03:51 PM
We will be there!!! Should be a lot of fun

downtime!
08-04-2013, 04:55 PM
Should give me enough time to have the tune finished and get some new DR's.

BeastStang1302
08-04-2013, 04:57 PM
I'll be there

Rebelracer568
08-04-2013, 05:13 PM
Ill be there as well

03MachMe
08-04-2013, 08:20 PM
I will be there. Hopefully with at least new shocks or tires

JDBishopArts
08-04-2013, 08:41 PM
I'll be there.

08-04-2013, 09:00 PM
This is going to be a great event, more info to come but there will also be a auto cross challenge and a 60 to 0 challenge. Plus for the show cars there will be a show and shine, also some great performance shops and vendors coming on board to help have some real prizes worth wining. Stay tuned we plan to make this a one of a kind race/event

DirtyD
08-04-2013, 10:01 PM
Man.....I'm really torn on this. I REALLLY want to come out. But not only is this my girlfriend's birthday, but also the day I planned on proposing.

ochoblanco
08-04-2013, 10:15 PM
Man.....I'm really torn on this. I REALLLY want to come out. But not only is this my girlfriend's birthday, but also the day I planned on proposing.

Take it from a newlywed, the car event can wait...

DirtyD
08-04-2013, 10:36 PM
Take it from a newlywed, the car event can wait...

Hahaha

downtime!
08-04-2013, 11:26 PM
Take it from a divorced guy........come to the race.

DirtyD
08-04-2013, 11:32 PM
take it from a divorced guy........come to the race.

lmao

08-04-2013, 11:42 PM

If you want I will set you up on the lunch break to have a mic to propose to the future misses in front of the whole crowd........:cheers:

03MachMe
08-04-2013, 11:47 PM
If you want I will set you up on the lunch break to have a mic to propose to the future misses in front of the whole crowd........:cheers:

If she is into the car stuff that would be cool. If she isn't into the car thing you may get slapped lol

DirtyD
08-05-2013, 12:11 AM
I would do that...but read the below response.

If she is into the car stuff that would be cool. If she isn't into the car thing you may get slapped lol

I'll put it this way.

Tucker (my lab) scratched the hell out of my center console the other day. So I'm taking the opportunity to paint it silver to match the steering wheel. Her first response was "It's going to look retarded. I don't get why you change all this stuff on our car in the first place..."

So that sums up how she feels about me and the car scene in general.

downtime!
08-05-2013, 01:37 AM
I would do that...but read the below response. I'll put it this way. Tucker (my lab) scratched the hell out of my center console the other day. So I'm taking the opportunity to paint it silver to match the steering wheel. Her first response was "It's going to look retarded. I don't get why you change all this stuff on our car in the first place..."

So that sums up how she feels about me and the car scene in general.This may be your first clue to go ahead and take my original advice. My car obsession is one of the reasons I'm no longer married. She kept thinking it was a phase I'd grow out of, knowing full well I'd been into cars since I could say the word. If she at least understands your obsession, you might be OK, if not, I can virtually guarantee you will have issues somewhere down the road.

DirtyD
08-05-2013, 07:04 AM
This may be your first clue to go ahead and take my original advice. My car obsession is one of the reasons I'm no longer married. She kept thinking it was a phase I'd grow out of, knowing full well I'd been into cars since I could say the word. If she at least understands your obsession, you might be OK, if not, I can virtually guarantee you will have issues somewhere down the road.

She understands it, but I think what gets her about it is that I tend to spend money on a lot of stupid things, including the car, when I don't really have the money to spend...that is the main issue. If I were better at that, and had the extra money to spend, I don't think it'd be a problem.

Grandpa
08-05-2013, 09:13 AM
My best marriage advice for a car guy - marry a girl into cars. If she isn't into them, get her involved. Otherwise it's going to kill your hobby or your marriage. I've seen it happen TON of times over the years. My wife likes cars (she has a Mach) but she knows/understands I'm obsessed with them and can't leave them alone. She has no problem with it as long as our other needs/obligations are met first. I used to be that guy who would spend every dime on my car and live off of Ramen soup if it meant the car would be faster. lol. But now, she practically has to force me to spend money on the car because ever since we got married and especially since we started having kids, I get serious buyers guilt for spending money on myself.

DirtyD
08-05-2013, 09:27 AM
My best marriage advice for a car guy - marry a girl into cars. If she isn't into them, get her involved. Otherwise it's going to kill your hobby or your marriage. I've seen it happen TON of times over the years. My wife likes cars (she has a Mach) but she knows/understands I'm obsessed with them and can't leave them alone. She has no problem with it as long as our other needs/obligations are met first. I used to be that guy who would spend every dime on my car and live off of Ramen soup if it meant the car would be faster. lol. But now, she practically has to force me to spend money on the car because ever since we got married and especially since we started having kids, I get serious buyers guilt for spending money on myself.
We've been dating for almost 6 years, and it hasn't really brought down any part of our relationship, other than the free money that I do get, I typically spend on my car...which is very little most of the time, or which I spend what I don't have. She has better money sense that I do as far as saving, so I think that is really her big problem about it.

Grandpa
08-05-2013, 09:40 AM
We've been dating for almost 6 years, and it hasn't really brought down any part of our relationship, other than the free money that I do get, I typically spend on my car...which is very little most of the time, or which I spend what I don't have. She has better money sense that I do as far as saving, so I think that is really her big problem about it.

My wife and I were together a long time before we got married too, trust me, marriage does change things. There has to be compromise on BOTH sides for it to work. Just talk to her about it and let her know it's important to you and not a phase you are going through, but a passion for you. If she gives you ANY grief about it now, it means she will have a much bigger problem with it later because she will always will put things before it which could cause a problem for you. Then you will have to make a decision between your marriage and your passion for cars which could ultimately lead to resentment later.

re-rx7
08-05-2013, 09:50 AM
She has no problem with it as long as our other needs/obligations are met first. I used to be that guy who would spend every dime on my car and live off of Ramen soup if it meant the car would be faster. lol. But now, she practically has to force me to spend money on the car because ever since we got married and especially since we started having kids, I get serious buyers guilt for spending money on myself.
qft X 100000 I feel and am the same exact way. :waytogo:

There has to be compromise on BOTH sides for it to work. .

:happy160:

sasquash1984
08-05-2013, 11:00 AM
Here's more info from the Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/events/153341218196044/

rriddle3
08-05-2013, 11:18 AM
When a couple decides to marry, the man believes the woman will always be like she is now, and the woman thinks she can change the things she doesn't like about the man.

BOTH OF THEM ARE MISTAKEN.

46Tbird
08-05-2013, 12:06 PM
I might bring it out there and see what the ol' stocker can do.

Grandpa
08-05-2013, 12:12 PM
I'll be there to hang out and spectate. :)

Midnight11
08-05-2013, 12:19 PM

No racing? Haha

Grandpa
08-05-2013, 12:27 PM
No racing? Haha

At this point I don't want to lock myself into any racing. That is still a ways off still. I'm going to try some autocross stuff this fall with Ryan, but that will probably be the extent of any racing for me until January. The less I chance any breakage the better right now.

re-rx7
08-05-2013, 12:32 PM
If i go racing im going Karting. Im saving to buy one right now.

BLK2012GT
08-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Is this post about marriage or a racing event?

re-rx7
08-05-2013, 03:43 PM
Its about E85.

BLK2012GT
08-05-2013, 03:45 PM
Well then this thread sucks

re-rx7
08-05-2013, 03:58 PM
Well then this thread sucks

:idiot:

Rebelracer568
08-05-2013, 07:39 PM
If i go racing im going Karting. Im saving to buy one right now.

I got 80cc shifter ill sell you.

re-rx7
08-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Lol how mych

Rebelracer568
08-05-2013, 10:42 PM
Lol how mych

Ill see what we wanna get rid of it for. Havent ran it in couple years. Started road racing a mustang so we put up the karts. Ill pm you tomorrow

blownaltered
08-05-2013, 10:49 PM

My wife is one of the few that doesn't care about cars but knows how I am about things and loves me anyways. It doesn't matter if it cars, guns, r/c planes, tattoos, what ever it is she lets me do what I want. As long as we have money put back and can pay the bills she doesn't care. She just told me no Procharger F1 on this car or she would kill me!!!! :slap:

blownaltered
08-05-2013, 10:52 PM

I'll join you. I'll probably enter the show and shine event. I will have the car running again next week. I'm finally getting off my lazy ass and fixing her. I'm tired of walking past the damn thing everyday.

STROKD
08-06-2013, 12:11 AM
I might make it out, at least to the car show... might mess around in the auto cross event if the track looks cool.

08-06-2013, 12:45 PM

At this point I don't want to lock myself into any racing. That is still a ways off still. I'm going to try some autocross stuff this fall with Ryan, but that will probably be the extent of any racing for me until January. The less I chance any breakage the better right now.

I'll join you. I'll probably enter the show and shine event. I will have the car running again next week. I'm finally getting off my lazy ass and fixing her. I'm tired of walking past the damn thing everyday.

I might make it out, at least to the car show... might mess around in the auto cross event if the track looks cool.

You guys are racers and we need you!!!! This event is going to be run real close to how the Grand National vs Mustang shootout. Basically you will run two qualifying passes. Based on how fast your team is will place you on the race ladder. If you win your race you have won a point for your Team (I.E. Mustang or Camaro)

Example

Mustangs

(#1 qualifier) blownaltered 9.00@299MPH....:head3:
(#2 qualifier) SlowGreyGT12.00@112
(#3 qualifier) Stroked 12.2@113

Camaro

(#1 qualifier) Ibadz28 9.50@280mph
(#2 qualifier) anotherLS 12.0@113
(#3 qualifier) Chubbypower 12.55@113

So based on qualify will place you. You will have one pass to win or lose a point for your team

(#1 qualifier) blownaltered 9.00@299MPH vs (#1 qualifier) Ibadz28 9.50@280mph
(#2 qualifier) SlowGreyGT12.00@112 Vs anotherLS 12.0@113
(#3 qualifier) Stroked 12.2@113 Vs (#3 qualifier) Chubbypower 12.55@113

We are looking at well over 150+ cars for each side. so it will not matter how fast or how slow you are, there will be cars close in speed and time for some good old fashion drag racing

DirtyD
08-06-2013, 12:48 PM
9.0 @ 299? :lol:

That's like tripping the timer, then hitting the warp drive. Haha

Grandpa
08-06-2013, 12:55 PM
I'm seriously considering doing the Autocross at the event depending on how much it costs. I didn't know there was going to be more than just drag racing. It should be nice and cool in October so I'm pretty sure I will at least give the Autocross a shot at it. No need to worry about missing gears or breaking anything! lol.

Any idea yet how much this event is going to cost?

sasquash1984
08-06-2013, 02:26 PM
I'm thinking under $50, and I can't wait for 60 degree weather

Rebelracer568
08-06-2013, 02:28 PM
I'm seriously considering doing the Autocross at the event depending on how much it costs. I didn't know there was going to be more than just drag racing. It should be nice and cool in October so I'm pretty sure I will at least give the Autocross a shot at it. No need to worry about missing gears or breaking anything! lol.

Any idea yet how much this event is going to cost?

Hmm so tempting autocross which I never done but I do road racing or dragracing. Hmm maybedo both but will need a hauler for the tires

Grandpa
08-06-2013, 02:52 PM
I'm thinking under $50, and I can't wait for 60 degree weather

Doh.. okay. Maybe I will just stick with spectating. lol.

Phuck Phace
08-06-2013, 03:18 PM
Hmmmm, autocross...

03MachMe
08-06-2013, 04:30 PM
Doh.. okay. Maybe I will just stick with spectating. lol.

A normal autocross is $40 so that sounds about right...

Grandpa
08-06-2013, 05:04 PM
A normal autocross is $40 so that sounds about right...

If it's $40 bucks for 16 runs like you got that would be worth it for sure. I dunno about $50 bucks for 2 or 3 runs. Hmmm.

03MachMe
08-06-2013, 05:22 PM
If it's $40 bucks for 16 runs like you got that would be worth it for sure. I dunno about $50 bucks for 2 or 3 runs. Hmmm.
normally you get 8 runs. I only had double because of the Guns and Hoses event. Trust me $40 for 8 runs is very much worth it and you will be addicted after that.

DirtyD
08-06-2013, 05:22 PM
I think there should be a set fee for the entire event, that comes with X number of AutoX runs and then your entry fee into the drag race bracket.

03MachMe
08-06-2013, 05:23 PM
And I officially have the day before and the day of off from work so I will for sure be there:rockit:

Grandpa
08-06-2013, 05:40 PM
And I officially have the day before and the day of off from work so I will for sure be there:rockit:

Awesome!

STROKD
08-06-2013, 06:00 PM
Where is this being held? No fucken way they will let me make a pass at Ennis... And I'm not down to run it hard to 1000 feet and lock up the brakes. I did that once and almost hit the wall in my 86. Ran a 12.001@55 at a 60 degree angle, lmmfao. Dipshits said I could go again too. I don't see how that's any safer than just running it out the back door, but wtf ever.

10 second vert with no roll bar or cage. Yea, car show or autocross for me...

Grandpa
08-06-2013, 06:02 PM
Where is this being held? No fucken way they will let me make a pass at Ennis... And I'm not down to run it hard to 1000 feet and lock up the brakes. I did that once and almost hit the wall in my 86. Ran a 12.001@55 at a 60 degree angle, lmmfao. Dipshits said I could go again too. I don't see how that's any safer than just running it out the back door, but wtf ever.

I think you would have a good chance at winning in the vert in the autocross!

46Tbird
08-06-2013, 07:46 PM
I think you would have a good chance at winning in the vert in the autocross!

Not a chance in hell. lol

Grandpa
08-06-2013, 07:50 PM
Not a chance in hell. lol

What makes you say that?

08-06-2013, 08:07 PM
Details are being worked out now, But we are looking at $30-35 for the first event and $10 more to do all three.

I am in the process of bringing in some big named sponsors for the auto cross and brake challenge. Also I have some Vendors looking to do some awesome giveaways on parts. If this happens my shop will be stepping up to do some free installs on these parts. Great excitement so far for as little as we have pushed this.

Flyers and videos to come this week so I can officially launch this event!!!!

Also Tech on safety equipment will be very minimal. Show up with a helmet, pants, and that is all they are going to require as long as the car is not crazy and driving sideways the whole track and the driver uses some common sense.

46Tbird
08-06-2013, 08:09 PM
What makes you say that?

Because I've been to enough autocross events to know that 10-second Fox bodies don't win. The idea isn't to accelerate, steer, and brake. The idea is to maintain the highest average speed and that will almost always be done by some low power shitbox on sticky tires. I'm not knocking Matt's car or his driving abilities. He'll have fun no matter what. But I'll buy him a case of his favorite beer if he does win his class, lol.

:burnout:

blownaltered
08-06-2013, 08:11 PM

Ennis so you will have more than enough room to stop. If you don't I would seriously look into better brakes:love51:

blownaltered
08-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Because I've been to enough autocross events to know that 10-second Fox bodies don't win. The idea isn't to accelerate, steer, and brake. The idea is to maintain the highest average speed and that will almost always be done by some low power shitbox on sticky tires. I'm not knocking Matt's car or his driving abilities. He'll have fun no matter what. But I'll buy him a case of his favorite beer if he does win his class, lol.

His vert has a full Griggs road racing suspension under it. Which in turn he will do better in auto cross than drag racing.

46Tbird
08-06-2013, 08:17 PM
His vert has a full Griggs road racing suspension under it. Which in turn he will do better in auto cross than drag racing.

Cool, then it should be no problem!

DirtyD
08-06-2013, 08:41 PM
Under $50 gets me really into going.

03MachMe
08-06-2013, 09:14 PM
I cant wait for this!!!!!

Grandpa
08-06-2013, 11:49 PM

:lol:

:mf_pcwhack:

Kosovobandit
08-07-2013, 06:09 PM
I had some questions :

after our 1st round pass, will the winner move on to a 2nd round to face another car of the opposite team, and continue through the rounds until we crown a winner. And do we accumulate 1 point for our team for each round win?

Will we be racing on a .4tenths tree, .5tenths tree, or full tree?

Are electronics allowed I.e. 2 steps?

Will there be a rule similar to pinks all out where if you run more than .1 tenth faster than your quickest qualifying pass you're out, to in essence eliminate cheating and manipulating the ladder?

I greatly appreciate the help and sorry if any repeats.

08-07-2013, 06:29 PM
I had some questions :

after our 1st round pass, will the winner move on to a 2nd round to face another car of the opposite team, and continue through the rounds until we crown a winner. And do we accumulate 1 point for our team for each round win?

There are 2 qualify passes and one heads up pass against your paired up race. Keep in mind we are not pairing them by time's but by qualifying spot of there own teams and your team. Same template as the buick VS ford shootouts have been running for decades.

Will we be racing on a .4tenths tree, .5tenths tree, or full tree?

This will be a 5.tenths tree

Are electronics allowed I.e. 2 steps?

yes all electronics are allowed

Will there be a rule similar to pinks all out where if you run more than .1 tenth faster than your quickest qualifying pass you're out, to in essence eliminate cheating and manipulating the ladder?

No, Pinks was a complete different format. They where picking a class off cars that run the same time. We are not picking a class, we are going off fastest mustang to slowest mustang and fastest Camaro to slowest Camaro. There will be no times displayed to anyone other than the racer him self during qualifying. This keeps anyone from knowing who they are racing (or wanting to race) till the list is posted after qualifying is complete. Since neither team know how fast the other car is, it will be very hard to knows if they can sand bag or not

Fastest mustang VS Fastest Camaro
Second mustang VS second Camaro
third Mustang Vs Third Camaro
forth Mustang vs forth Camaro
fifth Mustang vs fifth Camaro

And so on.........
I greatly appreciate the help and sorry if any repeats.

I replied in red,

sasquash1984
08-07-2013, 07:06 PM
Damn sandbaggers

08-07-2013, 07:22 PM
Damn sandbaggers

lol

STROKD
08-07-2013, 10:41 PM
lol at Danny, I thought it was common knowledge the car was a GR40. It was built at Griggs in fact and tuned by John himself.

If it had some real tire under it like a 888 or a Hoosier slick, it'd prob hold it's own, but Ill be on 555s since that's all I have, so it might slide a little. I think it'd be fun if there is enough room around the track and some good short straights to get up to speed. Plan was to get it in second and just two foot pedal it around with a little trailbraking and quick 4 wheel slides from turn to turn (assuming there are plenty of switchbacks).

Im down to give it a try. Will I get to be in a class with other fox-bodies and 3rd/4th Gen Camaros?:naughty:

I'f it behaves on the autocross, Id consider running it down the track too.

Donnie, I wasnt worried about stopping(car has 4 wheel Baers), I was worried about getting thrown from the track after paying 50 bucks to race. It will do WAY under a 13.49 which is the requirement for a cage in a convertible build before 2008 I think it is.

blownaltered
08-07-2013, 11:52 PM
lol at Danny, I thought it was common knowledge the car was a GR40. It was built at Griggs in fact and tuned by John himself.

If it had some real tire under it like a 888 or a Hoosier slick, it'd prob hold it's own, but Ill be on 555s since that's all I have, so it might slide a little. I think it'd be fun if there is enough room around the track and some good short straights to get up to speed. Plan was to get it in second and just two foot pedal it around with a little trailbraking and quick 4 wheel slides from turn to turn (assuming there are plenty of switchbacks).

Im down to give it a try. Will I get to be in a class with other fox-bodies and 3rd/4th Gen Camaros?:naughty:

I'f it behaves on the autocross, Id consider running it down the track too.

Donnie, I wasnt worried about stopping(car has 4 wheel Baers), I was worried about getting thrown from the track after paying 50 bucks to race. It will do WAY under a 13.49 which is the requirement for a cage in a convertible build before 2008 I think it is.

I know I was just giving you shit. That's the same reason I don't plan on racing my vert, there is no point without a cage and my car will never have a cage.

Grandpa
08-07-2013, 11:57 PM
I know I was just giving you shit. That's the same reason I don't plan on racing my vert, there is no point without a cage and my car will never have a cage.

You can do autocross and such with it. There is more kinds of racing than just drag racing. :)

STROKD
08-07-2013, 11:59 PM
You can do autocross and such with it. There is more kinds of racing than just drag racing. :)

exactly, I think the autocross will be a lot of fun. I mean it's what the damn car is built for, and I know my dad would rather me drift it around a track than try to launch it hard and break the transmission. lmao

blownaltered
08-08-2013, 12:01 AM

Well I'm not sure I will auto cross it this year but I'm starting to look at upgrading to 4 wheel disc and some extra handling equipment. But I will have to buy new rims if I do the break swap so not sure it's going to happen yet.

csamsh
08-11-2013, 01:52 PM
In for this one for sure. Any word on a couple things-
- do we sign up for specific event?
- any "class rules" or is it "run what ya brung" for the autox?

sasquash1984
08-11-2013, 10:22 PM
Today at Kennadale 786

sasquash1984
08-15-2013, 08:00 AM