PDA

View Full Version : Window pet peeve

JDMLOL
08-02-2013, 12:16 PM
Does anyone have any idea as to why my automatic windows will stop rolling up and roll back down as I turn the key off? It's intermittent but sometimes I will roll both up and release to let them finish automatically but if I turn off the iginition in the process they will roll completely down again. I know it's easy to just let them finish while the car is on but I never had a problem in any other car with the accessory shut off delay feature. Is there a setting I can change?

merlinmol
08-02-2013, 12:43 PM
The windows are programmed to the car, there is a way to "unprogram the auto feature". Has to do with working on cars and what not. Shutting the car off while its moving causes this issue. Then you have to turn it back on and reset it. I would recommend waiting for them to finish doing what you requested.

DirtyD
08-02-2013, 12:51 PM
If you turn the ignition off to quickly, it will do this.

I've found that is you slowly just turn the key off, they will continue to go up.

I think it's some sort of safety issue...

rriddle3
08-02-2013, 04:04 PM
Patience... patience. :Caffeine:

Mrjeremyt
08-02-2013, 07:17 PM
Mine does it too, just gotta wait on em. kinda annoying though...

merlinmol
08-04-2013, 08:01 PM
You guys talk like your windows take forever to go up and down. My Fbody SS is much worse and it doesn't even have auto up.

JDMLOL
08-04-2013, 08:06 PM
You guys talk like your windows take forever to go up and down. My Fbody SS is much worse and it doesn't even have auto up.

It's not that they take forever, it's the fact that they roll back down if they're going up automatically and then turn the ignition off.

garner
08-04-2013, 08:38 PM
I haven't mine go back down yet while doing that. They just stop

DirtyD
08-04-2013, 08:41 PM
It's not that they take forever, it's the fact that they roll back down if they're going up automatically and then turn the ignition off.

Kirby, read my post again. Lol

Turn off your key slowly and this won't happen.

JDMLOL
08-04-2013, 10:27 PM
Kirby, read my post again. Lol

Turn off your key slowly and this won't happen.

I've read it. Lol. That's what I'm doing now. Either that or just leaving the car on (probably better for the window motors anyway drawing while the car is on).

DirtyD
08-04-2013, 10:35 PM
I've read it. Lol. That's what I'm doing now. Either that or just leaving the car on (probably better for the window motors anyway drawing while the car is on).

Lol

I found that's what works for mine.

kn7671
08-05-2013, 07:39 AM
I've owned three 2011+ Mustangs, logged almost 100k miles between them, and can't say I've ever run into this issue. Guess I don't drive with the windows down enough, or I've put the windows up prior to actually parking.

Going to attempt to reproduce this issue myself though.

jng2985
08-05-2013, 07:53 AM
Does anyone have any idea as to why my automatic windows will stop rolling up and roll back down as I turn the key off? It's intermittent but sometimes I will roll both up and release to let them finish automatically but if I turn off the iginition in the process they will roll completely down again. I know it's easy to just let them finish while the car is on but I never had a problem in any other car with the accessory shut off delay feature. Is there a setting I can change?

Anyone ever have this happen just trying to roll them up while driving? Go to roll the up and they get 3/4 te way up and go back to 1/4 down?

Dominic Toretto
08-05-2013, 01:26 PM

Glad to see someone made this thread. I thought I was going crazy with that issue.

-Alex

Oxford14Stang
08-05-2013, 01:58 PM
My car does it too lol. Have not tried what Derek suggested tho.

Oxford14Stang
08-05-2013, 01:59 PM
Okay! Just tried turning it slow. Works!! Thanks master Derek!

DirtyD
08-05-2013, 02:35 PM
Okay! Just tried turning it slow. Works!! Thanks master Derek!

Told you. Haha