PDA

View Full Version : I need a Realtor

DirtyD
07-31-2013, 02:18 PM
For anyone here that has ties to any Realtors here in Tarrant County, I would like to have some suggestions on Realtors to help me find a first home for myself.

I have a pretty put together wishlist of sorts, but the constantly looking and searching is a giant headache. I was figuring maybe a Realtor would help sort through the garbage a little easier.

So if you have any suggestions on firms and/or individuals that work the Tarrant County area, please post them here.

Thanks

rriddle3
07-31-2013, 02:26 PM
1st home, huh? Wow, get ready for no fun. The final result will be good, though.

DirtyD
07-31-2013, 02:54 PM
1st home, huh? Wow, get ready for no fun. The final result will be good, though.

Yeah. It's already no bueno on my mind trying to look alone, much less begin purchasing...

ochoblanco
07-31-2013, 04:16 PM
I am in process of buying a home...close date is Sept 6th...and its a massive headache with all the inspections, negotiating, closing costs, fixes, who pays what, etc, etc.

Celina Fuller in Waco is by far the best around here. Let me see if she suggests anyone up that direction and I will PM you.

rriddle3
07-31-2013, 05:02 PM
Derek, I'm assuming you have gotten pre-qualified by your bank or credit union, so ask the loan officer there if he/she has any realtor suggestions.

DirtyD
07-31-2013, 05:52 PM
Derek, I'm assuming you have gotten pre-qualified by your bank or credit union, so ask the loan officer there if he/she has any realtor suggestions.
Still have yet to do that. Josh (JDBishopArts) told me that is a good first step. However, I am in my current apt lease until 12/31, so I don't want to really get too far ahead of myself here. I guess I could go ahead and do one to get an idea as to what I might get, but IDK.

moostang09
07-31-2013, 06:49 PM
Pm on the way

blownaltered
07-31-2013, 08:17 PM
Still have yet to do that. Josh (JDBishopArts) told me that is a good first step. However, I am in my current apt lease until 12/31, so I don't want to really get too far ahead of myself here. I guess I could go ahead and do one to get an idea as to what I might get, but IDK.

Some realtors won't show you property till you have been pre-approved. If you find a house you like and try to make an offer they will accept anybody that is pre-approved before you. That is the first step in the process.

Grandpa
07-31-2013, 08:29 PM
PM SVT Lurch (Trey) for all your mortgage questions. He can also hook you up with some really good realtors.

2012mustang76123
08-01-2013, 10:14 AM

worked with 2 realtors, they both wanted to see qualification letter before showing houses.

Its better to get qualified than not when shopping for a house, my bank took less than an hour for qualification letter but that's not normal from what I heard.

Grandpa
08-01-2013, 10:22 AM
You HAVE to pre-qualified right now in this market. Searching for a used home SUCKS right now because you have to be prepared to make an offer on the spot and see the home the same day it goes on the market. I don't know how many times we went to see a house that was on the market and the first day a house would have 3 or 4 offers on it already and a couple of those offers would be above asking price in order to secure the house.

Taxman
08-01-2013, 11:12 AM
I'm going through this process too and it's a bitch. Get pre-qualified so you know what you can get. This has been an enormous headache and I'm about ready to quit.

garner
08-02-2013, 06:01 PM
Yeah definitely get pre qualified before looking. No sense in looking at say $250-300,000 homes to find out the bank will only qualify you for $150-200,000. Save both yourself and the real estate agent the stress and hassle