PDA

View Full Version : Why a Mustang?

Dominic Toretto
07-25-2013, 12:58 PM
Just curious why everyone went with a Mustang, especially if this is your first. This is my first Ford product. I came from a Corvette LS1. I was deciding between a Camaro, Mustang and Challenger. Challenger looks nice from some angles but they are terribly overpriced, underpowered and overweight. Like Camaros but, the gauge instrumentation placement is just stupid, and the automatics don't have the LS3s. Always loved the new retro Mustangs and felt they looked the closest to the original cars, love the power/weight ratio and the looks. Test drove all three cars, sold on the Mustang.

-Alex

downtime!
07-25-2013, 01:32 PM
I got hooked on them back in High School (my first was a '70 Mach 1) and have basically had them ever since. The '12 and the '05 in the garage now are my 30th and 31st.

If the convertible Camaro would have been out before I bought the '12, things might have been different though. I'm not a Mustang snob, I like all muscle cars. I just like Mustangs the most.

BLK2012GT
07-25-2013, 01:47 PM
To me in the category of mustang, Camaro, challenger I think the mustang is the best bang for the bucks, and best looking. Now if I wanted to spend more money I would get a vette cause I think those are just sex on wheels but they are just a little out of my price range.

46Tbird
07-25-2013, 01:52 PM
They're cheap, pretty fast, look great, and have enough accoutrements to make them livable as a daily driver. Kind of a no-brainer.

DirtyD
07-25-2013, 02:40 PM
I have wanted a Mustang since I was 8 when I saw my first 1993 Cobra R. Ever since then they have just been my "dream" car that I would one day be able to own. Got out of college, new job, and didn't know how much longer my truck would last me. Who knew it would be totaled 2 months later. :(

With the job I landed, I was able to figure out my finances to afford a 2013, and so I pulled the trigger. Best thing I've ever bought.

JDMLOL
07-25-2013, 02:52 PM
I agree with all the above statements.
That's my story. Lol.

Dominic Toretto
07-25-2013, 03:01 PM
To me in the category of mustang, Camaro, challenger I think the mustang is the best bang for the bucks, and best looking. Now if I wanted to spend more money I would get a vette cause I think those are just sex on wheels but they are just a little out of my price range.

Actually Corvettes are pretty cheap as long as you go used. With the C7 about to be on the streets, C6 prices should drop even more quite nicely. I plan on getting another Corvette in a few years. Keeping the Stang of course :)

-Alex

Midnight11
07-25-2013, 03:06 PM
Actually Corvettes are pretty cheap as long as you go used. With the C7 about to be on the streets, C6 prices should drop even more quite nicely. I plan on getting another Corvette in a few years. Keeping the Stang of course :)

-Alex

Wouldn't buy a used sports car but that's just me...

My reason, always wanted a mustang so I finally bought one when I got the chance, well 3 actually lol

saunupe1911
07-25-2013, 03:06 PM
I was never a fan of Mustangs. I dreamed of Supras, GT-R, and Z cars...hence my first car was a G35. My sights were all on a used E46 M3, 335 or Evo until BOOM...the 5.0 comes back and its performance is equivalent to an E92 M3. Then it became a no brainer and it took Chevy 3 yrs to catch up with its 1LE.

But for some reason I always loved, the fox body 5.0s and I always loved anything SVT touched. So basically the whole 4.6 era was a let down for me because imports was were so much better in my opinion. Handling is more important than straight line power to me and Ford covered all areas this generation.

KungFuHamster
07-25-2013, 03:15 PM
I grew up a GM guy...dreaming of the day I would own my own Trans Am.

One night my buddy had just gotten his small block 400 ci Nova rebuilt and thought it was badass (to us it was) saw an unfamiliar fox body pull into McDonalds. We set up a quick street race and the 5.0 handed the car its ass. I couldn't believe it. A couple years later this kid i work with gets one with a cam, 4.10s and a couple of bolt ons and I couldn't believe how fast it was. The seed was planted.

Fast forward a few years...I'm in the Navy, GM announces the death of the F-body so i go to trade my Camaro. Long story short, a horrible, shitty experience with the Chevy dealer sent me looking at the Fords (I loved the 99+body style when it came out) and boom, got into a 2001 GT and haven't looked back since.

Dominic Toretto
07-25-2013, 03:21 PM
Wouldn't buy a used sports car but that's just me...

Why?

-Alex

Midnight11
07-25-2013, 03:22 PM
Why?

-Alex

Some people beat their cars up

Dominic Toretto
07-25-2013, 03:24 PM
Point taken.

-Alex

Luke
07-25-2013, 03:25 PM
First car was a 92 coupe and my stepdad was big into drag racing so Mustangs were everywhere. He also built race engines for a living so working on cars became a fun learning experience. I also ended up working at a Ford dealer for 5 years so between the first car planting the seed, my stepdad taking us to the track and my work at the time, the Mustang and racing stuff just fell into place.

46Tbird
07-25-2013, 03:26 PM
I grew up a GM guy...dreaming of the day I would own my own Trans Am.

http://www.floridatransam.com/pictures/trans%20am%20website/black%20trans/33_smokey_bandit_340.jpg

KungFuHamster
07-25-2013, 03:31 PM
http://www.floridatransam.com/pictures/trans%20am%20website/black%20trans/33_smokey_bandit_340.jpg

Yes!

That and Knight Rider.

JDMLOL
07-25-2013, 03:45 PM
Some people beat their cars up

I agree. I wont buy a used sports car or any car with over 30ish k any more. Too many people neglect or abuse their shit.

BLK2012GT
07-25-2013, 03:53 PM

-Alex

I agree with Nic. I don't buy someone else's rape victim.

Bearded Banger
07-25-2013, 04:29 PM
Always been a Ford guy. Worked at Ford dealer while living in a shithole town. Had a few foxes. Built a '93 cobra for my dads friend. Rode in a 03 cobra, tickled my ball hairs so I bought one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

JDMLOL
07-25-2013, 05:11 PM
Rode in a 03 cobra, tickled my ball hairs so I bought one.

A truly inspiring story.

blownaltered
07-25-2013, 07:04 PM
The movie "Twins" is the reason I fell in love with fox body convertibles. I remember watching that movie as a kid loving the red vert in that movie. Well now I own a red fox vert so now I'm happy.

Stangmaster281
07-25-2013, 07:34 PM
Used to be a huge viper and old mopar fan until I sat in a roush stage 3 at a ford dealership (back when the dealers used to sell them). Then BOOM, instant mustang fan.

White_lightning
07-25-2013, 07:40 PM
never owned one.. doubt i ever will :)

Special K
07-25-2013, 07:47 PM
20k less than the "used" CTSV wagon I wanted ... :)!

Rebelracer568
07-26-2013, 10:40 AM
Grew up in a ford family and wouldnt own anything else. Have several ford cars. Love racing chevys and watching look on face when they got beat by a ford :)

re-rx7
07-26-2013, 10:54 AM
Always hated Mustangs until the new 5.0. Was a defiant Import guy. The new 5.0 just spoke to me. The car itself isnt the best but the engine makes up for it.

Blackout
07-26-2013, 02:19 PM
Was agressive. Fastest one out of the big 3. Needed to ditch the import scene and the ones I saw last tx2k got me hooked so here I am

DirtyD
07-26-2013, 02:41 PM
Another big plus for me.....

It's not built by the gubment. :D

pohnjarker
07-26-2013, 03:08 PM
as I said in the other thread, this is my first mustang as I grew up a chevy guy and always liked Camaros.

the reason I went with a mustang is because it out performed the Camaro in every way, plus I didn't like the inside of the Camaro. I wanted something fast and I was looking at evos, stis, Camaros, a used M3, and the mustang. after looking at price vs. performance, the mustang won out. so I scooped one up.