PDA

View Full Version : suspension help

Snakebit05
07-25-2013, 12:30 AM
I installed sportline springs and adj panhard bar on my 13 GT awhile back and had it aligned and everything has been good, I really didn't have to adj the panhard, the rear end didn't shift any when I lowered. Question is yesterday I installed whiteline LCA relocation brackets and BBK LCA's and now the rear end has shifted over to the drivers side a bit, I know I can adjust that with the panhard bar but now the passenger side ride height looks a lot lower as well, what could have caused that? Once I resolve the rear end shifting issue will ride height adjust too? I would think it would have anything to do with that but I could be wrong, going to adjust in the morning.

DirtyD
07-25-2013, 12:52 AM
Tolerances in the LCA mounting holes and out of plumbness with the straightness of the LCA or relo brackets most likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Snakebit05
07-25-2013, 12:56 AM
The Whiteline relo brackets only have one hole to mount the LCA's and they are not adjustable ones so I don't see why anything would be off from one side to the other, I guess ill straighten up the rear end with the pan hard and see if it corrects it, I don't know will have to see.

DirtyD
07-25-2013, 08:13 AM
The Whiteline relo brackets only have one hole to mount the LCA's and they are not adjustable ones so I don't see why anything would be off from one side to the other, I guess ill straighten up the rear end with the pan hard and see if it corrects it, I don't know will have to see.

The holes may not be at the exact exact elevation on both sides. But even then, that should affect your ride height because of how the suspension is designed...I don't think anyways. May be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

El_Tortuga
07-25-2013, 01:33 PM
Ride height should be a function solely of the springs unless you've got enough bind in the suspension. I'd center it with the PH bar and bounce it a little and recheck center (readjust PH if requd).

Snakebit05
07-26-2013, 04:34 AM
Is there anyway maybe I could have over tightened the LCA's I didn't have a torque wrench and I know it said 129ftlbs, didnt get a chance today to adjust the panhard so still don't know if that's going to fix it, guess ill go get a torque wrench and properly tighten them then go from there

03MachMe
07-26-2013, 05:33 AM
Most likely the PHB. If it is pulling to one side it could just look off. Plus the lca will not be straight if it is to one side so that would cause it to maybe effect it. Just straighten up the phb and go from there

Snakebit05
07-27-2013, 05:03 AM
well that did the trick adjusted PHB and torqued down LCA's to spec and all is good

Oxford14Stang
07-27-2013, 06:19 PM
Good to hear. I was going to recommend throw a 50lb sandbag in then trunk ;)