PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to adjust my caster for me? :D

brtnstrns
07-12-2013, 04:30 PM
So with the autocross coming up this Sunday, I looked under my hood and noticed the alignment shop put my caster at max negative (at least as far forward on the CC plates as possible - with the aftermarket k-member and a-arms, it may not actually be negative caster). Otherwise, the car feels like it's in alignment. Anyone have any experience enough with alignments to help out or give me tips on throwing the caster back towards the firewall and fixing the toe to make sure it's not screwed up? I'm worried my car is gonna handle like absolute shit with this setup on Sunday and with my work schedule I couldn't fit in the time to get the alignment shop to set it up properly. Any ideas?

Mrjeremyt
07-13-2013, 04:34 PM
Since you're just doing autox caster isn't very necessary, it's mainly used for road racing or gt racing. If you wanted to adjust it you need a machine, and make them as even on either side, same with the camber, and then adjust the toe last.

The forward caster makes the car easier to drive daily, if you adjust it back it will help the grip in corners, especially at low speeds, but it will make the car walk and pull all over the road on daily driving.

My advice is just to leave it alone unless you want to risk ruining tires. I'm assuming you're driving to the track, so imagine the wear on the tires to and from the track. And how soon can you get it back to a shop to re-align it?

03MachMe
07-13-2013, 06:04 PM
This^^

brtnstrns
07-14-2013, 12:30 AM
I guess I just won't worry about it this time out. We'll see what happens...

Hopefully I'll post some pics up tomorrow evening.