PDA

View Full Version : Eibach Sportline and OEM wheels

Oxford14Stang
07-03-2013, 06:22 PM
What's going on guys, quick question. I didn't think about it till a few seconds ago. I'm planning on ordering the sport lines and was wondering if I'll have any clearance issues on the stock 235/55/18s?

03MachMe
07-03-2013, 07:06 PM
no.

Oxford14Stang
07-03-2013, 07:19 PM
Okay, sweet. Thanks!

Phuck Phace
07-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Get an adjustable PH bar.

Oxford14Stang
07-03-2013, 10:40 PM
Will do. Will buy it all and install it all together. Thanks for the info guys

kn7671
07-04-2013, 09:20 AM
You can stuff quit a bit more tire under there before having to worry about clearance issues.

Do yourself a favor and get new struts and shocks with your springs. If you're gonna go that far into the car, the factory struts are already coming completely off, and the rear shocks are only two nuts from coming off.

The stock Ford Mustang GT shocks and struts suck donkey balls, and with stiffer springs, you will notice the shortcomings even more.

Virtually replacing them with anything is better than stock, though I prefer the Koni Sports (yellow) for adjustment preferences. You can go cheap or expensive with some KYB's or Koni STR.T's (orange), Eibach, Tokico HP or D-Spec, Koni Sports, QA1, or Bilstein.

Grandpa
07-04-2013, 09:36 AM
Virtually replacing them with anything is better than stock, though I prefer the Koni Sports (yellow) for adjustment preferences. You can go cheap or expensive with some KYB's or Koni STR.T's (orange), Eibach, Tokico HP or D-Spec, Koni Sports, QA1, or Bilstein.

Which of those would give the softest, factory like ride quality?

03MachMe
07-04-2013, 11:18 AM
Prolly the yellows on the softest setting

Oxford14Stang
07-04-2013, 04:46 PM
You can stuff quit a bit more tire under there before having to worry about clearance issues.

Do yourself a favor and get new struts and shocks with your springs. If you're gonna go that far into the car, the factory struts are already coming completely off, and the rear shocks are only two nuts from coming off.

The stock Ford Mustang GT shocks and struts suck donkey balls, and with stiffer springs, you will notice the shortcomings even more.

I will look into it for sure. At the moment I'm shy on the cash and can't stand looking at a "4x4 looking" mustang lol

jayman33
07-04-2013, 10:56 PM
Koni Str.t are currently 330 shipped but you'll need GT500 strut mounts M-18183-C which are 100 shipped. We also have the sportlines in stock. This setup along with a PHB will set you straight.

46Tbird
07-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Which of those would give the softest, factory like ride quality?

All of the adjustable shocks/struts have setting(s) that are softer than stock. If I turn mine all the way down it's like they're not even there.

Oxford14Stang
07-06-2013, 10:11 AM
Koni Str.t are currently 330 shipped but you'll need GT500 strut mounts M-18183-C which are 100 shipped. We also have the sportlines in stock. This setup along with a PHB will set you straight.

Thanks, will look into it.

Boomer
07-08-2013, 12:10 PM

Like Jayman says, get these strut mounts! I ran these sportlines on my 2010 and the drop is pretty low. The GT500 strut mounts are thicker then OEM, the thickness of the mount helps reduce any popping the struts get from lowering the car. If you are on a tight budget and decide to go with new mounts only, I suggest some Eibach camber bolts. With the sportlines it will change your camber and without breaking the bank the camber bolts will help with the alignment, the amount of adjustment isn't as significant as camber plates but its better then nothing. These parts together are a good alternative if you are not going all out for caster/camber plates. On your stock wheels you will have plenty of clearance, I ran 245/45/19 up front with these springs and it would get a small amount of rubbing at the top of the wheel well. You should be fine with you're tire setup.

46Tbird
07-08-2013, 03:46 PM
If you are on a tight budget and decide to go with new mounts only, I suggest some Eibach camber bolts. With the sportlines it will change your camber and without breaking the bank the camber bolts will help with the alignment,
Just turn the upper strut mount 180* (arrow facing in or out, I can't remember). You will eliminate ~1.5* of negative camber doing so.

Oxford14Stang
07-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Okay guys thanks for all the info. As for alignment goes our front end tech. At my dealership will be doing the alignment and the suspension work for me. That way it gets done while I'm at work and I can still make money :)